independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 12th Nov 2019 12:56am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > 4th Democratic debate Tuesday, October 15, at 8 pm ET
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

4th Democratic debate Tuesday, October 15, at 8 pm ET

Biden has lost the lead to Warren and Bernie is losing momentum in recent polls.

How can I watch the debate?

It will air exclusively on CNN, CNN International and CNN en Español, and will stream on CNN.com's homepage and NYTimes.com's homepage. The debate will also stream live on the following Facebook Pages: CNN, CNN International, CNN Politics, CNN Replay, AC360 and Erin Burnett OutFront.
In addition, the debate will be available across mobile devices via CNN's and New York Times' apps for iOS and Android, via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Android TV, SiriusXM Channels 116, 454 and 795, the Westwood One Radio Network and National Public Radio. You can also ask Amazon's Alexa to play the debate, and the voice-controlled assistant will play the audio of the debate.

Who is moderating?

CNN anchors Erin Burnett and Anderson Cooper and New York Times national editor Marc Lacey will serve as the debate moderators.

Who is participating?

Twelve Democratic presidential hopefuls will appear onstage:
  • Former Vice President Joe Biden
  • Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey
  • South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg
  • Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro
  • Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii
  • Sen. Kamala Harris of California
  • Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
  • Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke of Texas
  • Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont
  • Businessman Tom Steyer
  • Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
  • Businessman Andrew Yang
To receive an invitation to this debate, candidates needed to attain at least 2% in four separate Democratic National Committee-approved polls and receive contributions from at least 130,000 unique donors, including at least 400 donors from 20 different states.

[Edited 10/15/19 16:15pm]

Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/15/19 5:03pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

12. A record number of candidates on the debate stage. Let's see how that works out and if everyone gets to have a voice

Reply #2 posted 10/15/19 5:18pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

The pin on Andrew Yang's lapel reads 'Math' lol

Everyones opening statements slammed Trump. Warrens was especially effective.She seems more and more comfortable on the stage. She may win me over yet.

Reply #3 posted 10/15/19 5:37pm

PennyPurple

Good on Booker so far about women's rights.

Reply #4 posted 10/15/19 5:54pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Everyone is doing a great job making their case...except for Biden.

As he mentioned that he wanted to make it clear for all Americans to understand, I wished he could do that, instead of jumbling his sentences into mush.

Reply #5 posted 10/15/19 6:02pm

guitarslinger4

Glad to see Tulsi was able to get on the stage despite democrats trying to deep six her campaign they way they did Bernie's.

Reply #6 posted 10/15/19 6:07pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

PennyPurple said:

Good on Booker so far about women's rights.

But Booker seems to be in his own imaginary debate. Everyone is answering the questions with well thought out answers but Bookers responses are way out in left field.

And again, props to Warren, she is prepared, well spoken and comfortable up on the stage.
Reply #7 posted 10/15/19 6:15pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

I think after today Biden is done. He is having trouble forming complete sentences. I like Biden, but I it’s time to go.
It’s also time for Tulsi go. She is too self centered and seen her get easily triggered in interviews.
Reply #8 posted 10/15/19 6:34pm

PennyPurple

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

I think after today Biden is done. He is having trouble forming complete sentences. I like Biden, but I it’s time to go. . It’s also time for Tulsi go. She is too self centered and seen her get easily triggered in interviews.

Bernie needs to go too.

Reply #9 posted 10/15/19 6:42pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

PennyPurple said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

I think after today Biden is done. He is having trouble forming complete sentences. I like Biden, but I it’s time to go. . It’s also time for Tulsi go. She is too self centered and seen her get easily triggered in interviews.

Bernie needs to go too.

yeah but he's still able to communicate better than most everyone on stage. He's still sharper than most everyone on stage. He's still getting massive amounts of donations from regular supporters. He's old, but he's still capable. Even if I don't think he's viable, I wouldn't tell him to leave.

Reply #10 posted 10/15/19 7:20pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Going back to Tulsi, it was brought up that she was the youngest candidate in stage. So in that sense, she may not be ready now, but as someone in her mid 30’s, she has time on her side to become a stronger candidate.

Harris has failed to impress. I was hoping she would do a lot better.
Reply #11 posted 10/15/19 7:36pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Warren just won the debate. That exchange with Biden is priceless.
Reply #12 posted 10/15/19 7:46pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

From Twitter

Büty Ax 🏴
@bootyaxman
okay, this shade from Warren to Biden about "I am grateful to Obama" and Biden saying "you did your job well" is the most awkward moment I've ever witnessed in a debate, lmfao #DemDebate

Axios
@axios
·
12m
Biden on CFPB, which Warren helped create: "I went on the floor and got you votes. I got votes for that bill. I convinced people to vote for it"

Warren: "I am deeply grateful to President Obama."

Biden: "You did a hell of a job in your job."

Warren: "Thank you."
[Edited 10/15/19 19:59pm]
Reply #13 posted 10/16/19 1:21am

JoeyC

I'm preparing myself for another 4 years of that orange nutcase(fuck, man sad ), or that other crazy bastard, Pence.

I support Joe, but i think any of the other democrats/progressives running for President, are way better than trump or pence(and a few, even better than Joe). Besides Joe though(even after the f ups), i just don't think anyone else that's there now can get elected. I hope to God that i am wrong though. I'll gladly take that loss. I just have a feeling though, that the Democratic party(honestly, mainly the progressive wing of the party-and i say this with respect) is going to fuck this thing up...I really do feel this way.

The last thing I'll say is be careful what you wish for. This election coming up is some serious shit(as we all well know).

Four more years of trump???? sigh disbelief

[Edited 10/16/19 1:33am]

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
Reply #14 posted 10/16/19 4:28am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

JoeyC said:

I'm preparing myself for another 4 years of that orange nutcase(fuck, man sad ), or that other crazy bastard, Pence.

I support Joe, but i think any of the other democrats/progressives running for President, are way better than trump or pence(and a few, even better than Joe). Besides Joe though(even after the f ups), i just don't think anyone else that's there now can get elected. I hope to God that i am wrong though. I'll gladly take that loss. I just have a feeling though, that the Democratic party(honestly, mainly the progressive wing of the party-and i say this with respect) is going to fuck this thing up...I really do feel this way.

The last thing I'll say is be careful what you wish for. This election coming up is some serious shit(as we all well know).

I wish I could say I disagree. But Biden is not well. He was the only hope. Warren and Bernie are likeable, but too out there for half of America. Actually all have baggage.
Actually I’d take Hillary right now.
[Edited 10/16/19 4:29am]
Reply #15 posted 10/16/19 4:39am

PennyPurple

JoeyC said:

It worries me too, and I've got the same feeling. sad

Reply #16 posted 10/16/19 5:02am

jaawwnn

Stop worrying about electibility and vote with your heart, vote Bernie you fools! He's the only one who would wipe the floor with Trump, the rest of them it's 50/50 except Biden who would lose to Trump so badly it's not even funny.

That's my expert, unasked for, analysis from across the Atlantic.

Feel free to tell me to shut up already lol

[Edited 10/16/19 5:03am]

Reply #17 posted 10/16/19 5:18am

RodeoSchro

jaawwnn said:

Stop worrying about electibility and vote with your heart, vote Bernie you fools! He's the only one who would wipe the floor with Trump, the rest of them it's 50/50 except Biden who would lose to Trump so badly it's not even funny.

That's my expert, unasked for, analysis from across the Atlantic.

Feel free to tell me to shut up already lol

[Edited 10/16/19 5:03am]

biggrin

I had a musical engagement last night and didn't get to watch the debate but it seems like people are saying Elizabeth Warren did a great job.

If Biden were to drop out, Trump would never shut up about it and crow, "See?!? I was right about Biden! I'm right about everything!!!!!1!1!!!" 24/7/365.

So maybe Biden should stay in and let his campaign die a natural death, instead of assisted suicide.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #18 posted 10/16/19 5:22am

jaawwnn

Warren is running a good campaign, if I could wave a magic wand i'd probably have her as vice-president to Bernie. I'd probably throw in Yang as well, imho his solutions are terrible but his analysis of the problems are usually correct.

Reply #19 posted 10/16/19 6:07am

RodeoSchro

jaawwnn said:

Warren is running a good campaign, if I could wave a magic wand i'd probably have her as vice-president to Bernie. I'd probably throw in Yang as well, imho his solutions are terrible but his analysis of the problems are usually correct.

I know Yang isn't going to get the nomination but I'm sorry I missed last night's debate mainly because I like listening to him.

Watching MSNBC this morning, absolutely no one has mentioned him. sad

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #20 posted 10/16/19 4:38pm

DiminutiveRock
er

Mayor Pete! woot!

President Trump and fellow Republicans followed up Tuesday’s debate by accusing the Democrats of pursuing a vendetta against him while ignoring more pressing pocketbook issues. Mr. Trump referred to the 12 debaters in Ohio as “clowns” who would wreck the economy if elected.

And former Vice President Joe Biden escalated criticism of his most formidable rival, Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, questioning her “credibility” on the costs of her far-reaching policy proposals.

The strong showing of Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., relied in part on his experience as a veteran and his ability to tackle questions about foreign policy and military intervention, one of our political reporters writes.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #21 posted 10/16/19 6:26pm

PennyPurple

DiminutiveRocker said:

Mayor Pete! woot!

President Trump and fellow Republicans followed up Tuesday’s debate by accusing the Democrats of pursuing a vendetta against him while ignoring more pressing pocketbook issues. Mr. Trump referred to the 12 debaters in Ohio as “clowns” who would wreck the economy if elected.

And former Vice President Joe Biden escalated criticism of his most formidable rival, Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, questioning her “credibility” on the costs of her far-reaching policy proposals.

The strong showing of Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., relied in part on his experience as a veteran and his ability to tackle questions about foreign policy and military intervention, one of our political reporters writes.

I like Mayor Pete, but again I don't know if he will be elected because Repubs are really have phobia's and again there is the Bible Belt.

Beto is saying that it will be mandatory to turn the assault rifles in. I don't think that will go over very well.

Sanders and Warren wants medicare for all, but the people who have private employee health insurance aren't too happy.

I like Booker but he's fighting to raise money.

I like Harris, but again I don't think the US is ready for a woman for President.

Klobuchar, I don't think will be the one.

Biden and Bernie are old, also Biden is having some trouble spitting out words and sentences. I think Biden might have the best chance, but he has to pick a younger running mate. Biden knows the job and knows how to get things done.

We have got to make sure that Trump doesn't get re-elected. I'm beginning to think that he is the Teflon Don...

Reply #22 posted 10/17/19 7:24am

DiminutiveRock
er

PennyPurple said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Mayor Pete! woot!

I like Mayor Pete, but again I don't know if he will be elected because Repubs are really have phobia's and again there is the Bible Belt.

Beto is saying that it will be mandatory to turn the assault rifles in. I don't think that will go over very well.

Sanders and Warren wants medicare for all, but the people who have private employee health insurance aren't too happy.

I like Booker but he's fighting to raise money.

I like Harris, but again I don't think the US is ready for a woman for President.

Klobuchar, I don't think will be the one.

Biden and Bernie are old, also Biden is having some trouble spitting out words and sentences. I think Biden might have the best chance, but he has to pick a younger running mate. Biden knows the job and knows how to get things done.

We have got to make sure that Trump doesn't get re-elected. I'm beginning to think that he is the Teflon Don...

Yep - Biden needs a younger running mate if he gets it. He could chose Castro, Pete, Booker - we'll see. I think we are ready for a woman - but which one? Warren threatens big business and they have the money to fight back in ads and influencing media outlets. Harris... cannot capture a huge following right now. I like Klobuchar but saem goes for her.

If Trump is impeached or just shown to have been the smarmy mob boss he is... Republicans will have lost some major ground in 2020. These past few weeks he has made some very poor decisions resulting in lost lives over in Syria and has put the US in a bad spot.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #23 posted 10/21/19 5:43am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

I've long supported Buttigeig because of his policy and smarts. And I've admired Bernie for his strength and charm and his passion for doing the right thing.
I had worried as to whether Warren had the grit that Bernie had to take the slings and arrows, and she has shown to have the smarts, grit and strength to take it all with poise. She has pleasantly surprised me. I still worry about their electability as neither has show how their policies can be financially feasible or sustainable.

'Now I'm having the same worries I had about Warren with Buttigeig. He's smart, but to me has come off as kinda fragile on some interviews.
We will need to see him under the same type of pressure and scrutiny as Bernie and Warren. Having not been at the top or in the spotligh, he hasn't shown us whether he will crack under pressure. And we need to see everyone under pressure before it's too late in the primaries.

[Edited 10/21/19 5:49am]

Reply #24 posted 10/21/19 12:38pm

DiminutiveRock
er

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

I've long supported Buttigeig because of his policy and smarts. And I've admired Bernie for his strength and charm and his passion for doing the right thing.
I had worried as to whether Warren had the grit that Bernie had to take the slings and arrows, and she has shown to have the smarts, grit and strength to take it all with poise. She has pleasantly surprised me. I still worry about their electability as neither has show how their policies can be financially feasible or sustainable.

'Now I'm having the same worries I had about Warren with Buttigeig. He's smart, but to me has come off as kinda fragile on some interviews.
We will need to see him under the same type of pressure and scrutiny as Bernie and Warren. Having not been at the top or in the spotligh, he hasn't shown us whether he will crack under pressure. And we need to see everyone under pressure before it's too late in the primaries.

[Edited 10/21/19 5:49am]

New Polls in Oowa have Biden 19% - Warren 17% a- nd Mayor Pete 13% - it's anybody's win!

Reply #25 posted 10/23/19 6:13am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Biden way ahead of the pack in new national poll

https://www.politico.com/...oll-055601
A new national survey shows Joe Biden enjoying a 15-point polling lead over his nearest rival for the 2020 Democratic nomination — bolstering the former vice president’s White House bid amid emerging threats from other primary contenders and scrutiny over his son’s foreign business dealings.

Thirty-four percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning registered voters prefer Biden as the party’s pick to take on President Donald Trump in next year’s general election, according to a CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released Wednesday.

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren ranks second with 19 percent support, followed by Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders with 16 percent.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana, and California Sen. Kamala Harris both achieved 6 percent in the poll, while Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke raked in 3 percent of respondents.

Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > 4th Democratic debate Tuesday, October 15, at 8 pm ET