independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 3:10pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trumps Use of the Purple Rain Song at Minneapolis Rally
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

sonicfreak

Trumps Use of the Purple Rain Song at Minneapolis Rally

I have heard two reports of very official security types, possibly Secret Service @ Paisley Park today. Today also happens to be the day Trump is coming to Minneapolis for a rally. I really hope there is no connection. Anyone know what is /was happening at the Park today?

[Thread title edit - luv4u]

Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/10/19 5:38pm

poppys

sonicfreak said:

I have heard two reports of very official security types, possibly Secret Service @ Paisley Park today. Today also happens to be the day Trump is coming to Minneapolis for a rally. I really hope there is no connection. Anyone know what is /was happening at the Park today?

falloff Maybe Ivanka & Jared are fans.

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #2 posted 10/10/19 7:04pm

PennyPurple

poppys said:

sonicfreak said:

falloff Maybe Ivanka & Jared are fans.

Ivanka was in KC today. Lord, I hope it wasn't Trump at PP.

Reply #3 posted 10/10/19 7:49pm

PennyPurple

President Trump played Prince’s “Purple Rain” tonight at a campaign event in Minneapolis despite confirming a year ago that the campaign would not use Prince’s music. The Prince Estate will never give permission to President Trump to use Prince’s songs.

Reply #4 posted 10/10/19 7:52pm

luv4u

PennyPurple said:

President Trump played Prince’s “Purple Rain” tonight at a campaign event in Minneapolis despite confirming a year ago that the campaign would not use Prince’s music. The Prince Estate will never give permission to President Trump to use Prince’s songs.

So he figured that by playing Purple Rain it would get all of Prince fans votes??!!

How dare he. So insulted.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #5 posted 10/10/19 8:13pm

luv4u

72221353_1732898113509962_1962721301751660544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnC6bBpPmnDjqQqu3Rm-fhNjlZz7vxgwlJQ4bFSTeabG1-OkQuBBAibYOd5Wkc9qZI&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz1-1.fna&oh=beae1eb5d7e49224a6d1a328521a729e&oe=5E21312B

and this...........

PRINCE ESTATE SLAMS TRUMP

We Told You To Stop Playing 'Purple Rain'!!!

Prince's Estate is furious with President Trump after he played "Purple Rain" at a rally ... almost exactly a year to the date when Trump's Campaign agreed to stop playing the late singer's music.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/...694uqT95RE

Edmonton, AB - canada
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #6 posted 10/10/19 8:26pm

mbdtyler

It goes without saying, but fuck Donald Trump and everything his administration stands for.

Reply #7 posted 10/10/19 8:40pm

13cjk13

mbdtyler said:

It goes without saying, but fuck Donald Trump and everything his administration stands for.

Yep, he is a piece of shit. LOCK HIM UP.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #8 posted 10/10/19 9:52pm

poppys

13cjk13 said:

mbdtyler said:

Yep, he is a piece of shit. LOCK HIM UP.

LIAR & THIEF!!!

Reply #9 posted 10/10/19 11:00pm

luv4u

Famed nightclub inflates giant 'Trump baby' across from site of Minneapolis rally

https://thehill.com/blogs...U.facebook

Edmonton, AB - canada
Reply #10 posted 10/11/19 6:55am

poppys

luv4u said:

Famed nightclub inflates giant 'Trump baby' across from site of Minneapolis rally

https://thehill.com/blogs...U.facebook

View image on Twitter

Reply #11 posted 10/11/19 7:01am

poppys

Reply #12 posted 10/11/19 7:04am

poppys

Reply #13 posted 10/11/19 7:25am

2freaky4church

Prince was against everything that pig stood for.

Kurd selling out bitch.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #14 posted 10/11/19 7:47am

darkroman

I suppose the real news will be when the Estate one day actually supports someone doing something!

If that was to ever happened we would all assume it was fake news!

cool

Reply #15 posted 10/11/19 7:57am

andrewm7

Donald Trump owes the Prince estate and us an apology. The message he is sending is loud and clear "I will break the law, and to aggrandise myself I will spit on anyone else's life and work.I will do so with impunity and without apology." I hope that the estate sues for so much that this will be this Trump show at the target centre will go down in history as Prince's or any artist's biggest paycheque. :- mad

Reply #16 posted 10/11/19 8:26am

maplenpg

andrewm7 said:

Donald Trump owes the Prince estate and us an apology. The message he is sending is loud and clear "I will break the law, and to aggrandise myself I will spit on anyone else's life and work.I will do so with impunity and without apology." I hope that the estate sues for so much that this will be this Trump show at the target centre will go down in history as Prince's or any artist's biggest paycheque. :- mad

This. FWIW, I don't think he cares about fines. It's what he's done all his life, either bribing to get what he wants, or paying himself out of a problem.

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #17 posted 10/11/19 9:49am

nelcp777

I am embarrassed that Trump is our president. He is a bully and thinks he is above everyone else. Pathetic.
Reply #18 posted 10/11/19 9:59am

sexton

Reading the comments on this Facebook post, many Prince fans apparently voted for Trump in the last presidential election: https://www.facebook.com/...mp;theater

Reply #19 posted 10/11/19 10:26am

looby

luv4u said:

PennyPurple said:

So he figured that by playing Purple Rain it would get all of Prince fans votes??!!

How dare he. So insulted.

I'm not insulted in the least, I love President Trump and he's got this Prince fan's vote!!

Reply #20 posted 10/11/19 10:44am

luv4u

Saw this posted on FB, author unknown

No photo description available.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Reply #21 posted 10/11/19 10:45am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

nelcp777 said:

I am embarrassed that Trump is our president. He is a bully and thinks he is above everyone else. Pathetic.

nod

I cant even bring myself to say his name, or hear his voice.

Reply #22 posted 10/11/19 10:59am

StrangeButTrue

sexton said:

Reading the comments on this Facebook post, many Prince fans apparently voted for Trump in the last presidential election: https://www.facebook.com/...mp;theater

Give me a tinfoil hat but I swear that Orange Dude has an army of fake people on the internet to support whatever he farts out.

if it was just a dream, call me a dreamer 2
Reply #23 posted 10/11/19 11:07am

ufoclub

This site needs some editorial management, WTF does this thread title have to do with the story of Trump using Purple Rain? It's in the news all over and people on Fox News facebook are even putting forth their ideas that Prince would have liked it:

Deb Thorn
Deb Thorn Prince supported his local Republican candidates and was religious and I saw a quote where he endorsed work not handouts. I think his estate not on same page.

Reply #24 posted 10/11/19 11:15am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

ufoclub said:

This site needs some editorial management, WTF does this thread title have to do with the story of Trump using Purple Rain? It's in the news all over and people on Fox News facebook are even putting forth their ideas that Prince would have liked it:

Deb Thorn
Deb Thorn Prince supported his local Republican candidates and was religious and I saw a quote where he endorsed work not handouts. I think his estate not on same page.

WTF??

Reply #25 posted 10/11/19 11:31am

poppys

sexton said:

Reading P&R everyday, and the random comments sprinkled around this site, I already had a good idea as much as I hate to say it.

Reply #26 posted 10/11/19 11:38am

poppys

ufoclub said:

Deb Thorn

Ugh. Guess Deb agrees with Trump blasting Minnesota for taking in Somali refugees too. God would not want them getting "handouts".

Reply #27 posted 10/11/19 11:38am

SoulAlive

mbdtyler said:

I agree
Reply #28 posted 10/11/19 11:53am

TheGloved1

Sign O' the times...

Reply #29 posted 10/11/19 11:53am

SoulAlive

Why doesn’t Trump just simply use music by Kid Rock and Ted Nugent? lol those are two “musicians” who actually support him and his message,lol
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trumps Use of the Purple Rain Song at Minneapolis Rally