independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Climate change protests around the world
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 10 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 09/26/19 11:46am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

source? I do not believe that... and if humans are the cause and if you believe that the earth will survive after we are all gone... then so be it... if you love the earth so much more than man us all dying is the best thing right?

and where are you on human population stabilization?

Oh come on. I thought you had an IQ of 126?

126...86 something with a 6? and I pretty much agree with you... that the earth and it animals and plants will be here when people are gone... didn't you say that? don't we agree?

so answer my question!

What is your opinion on human population stabilization?

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 09/26/19 12:13pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/caltech-resnick-climate-change.html

Caltech Gets a Windfall for Climate Research: $750 Million

The gift from Stewart and Lynda Resnick, the billionaire owners of bottled water and agriculture companies, comes amid growing urgency over climate change.

It will take huge efforts, according to experts, to avert disasters related to climate change. Commitments from reluctant leaders to reform the global economy. Shifts in the daily routines of citizens. And research from the world’s greatest minds — lots of it...

clapping

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #92 posted 09/26/19 12:15pm

DiminutiveRock
er

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

source? I do not believe that... and if humans are the cause and if you believe that the earth will survive after we are all gone... then so be it... if you love the earth so much more than man us all dying is the best thing right?

and where are you on human population stabilization?

eek

spit

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #93 posted 09/26/19 12:27pm

OnlyNDaUsa

DiminutiveRocker said:

maplenpg said:

eek

spit

ha yeah I like to have fun at my own expence...

Reply #94 posted 09/26/19 10:41pm

TweetyV6

13cjk13 said:

TweetyV6 said:

Scared?!?! lol lol lol
Here's Climate Smeagol without script.... a 17 yr old girl with no answers

https://youtu.be/0bwLt_5t73g

[Edited 9/26/19 4:05am]

Now maybe you should post a link of Hillary Clinton "laughing" at a child rapist. Only will enjoy it, and the rest of us will be able to see TWO videos that prove absolutely nothing lol lol lol

The vidoe shows at least that she's incapable to answer simple questions when she doesn't have a script to read them from.

What it proves is that the poor thing is being abused by grown ups (in this case her parents)

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #95 posted 09/26/19 10:45pm

TweetyV6

poppys said:

The gift from Stewart and Lynda Resnick, the billionaire owners of bottled water and agriculture companies, comes amid growing urgency over climate change.

It will take huge efforts, according to experts, to avert disasters related to climate change. Commitments from reluctant leaders to reform the global economy. Shifts in the daily routines of citizens. And research from the world’s greatest minds — lots of it...

And the researchers go:

FREE MONEY FOR OUR HOAX

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #96 posted 09/27/19 1:24am

maplenpg

TweetyV6 said:

13cjk13 said:

Now maybe you should post a link of Hillary Clinton "laughing" at a child rapist. Only will enjoy it, and the rest of us will be able to see TWO videos that prove absolutely nothing lol lol lol

The vidoe shows at least that she's incapable to answer simple questions when she doesn't have a script to read them from.

What it proves is that the poor thing is being abused by grown ups (in this case her parents)

How in any way at all does this prove she is being abused by grown-ups?

Sounds to me like she's answered a load of questions prior, hence the comment about asking others questions too. And remember, she is a child, with autism, with people who want her to either say something profound, or slip up. Congrats, she did the second. Sometimes people just need to give her a break.

I'll tell you a little story. When I was an undergraduate I got asked to present my research at a postgraduate conference. Not only were the people I was presenting to much further ahead in their studies than me, but the conference was a totally different subject to mine (I was studying for (and now have) a linguistics degree, this was a PG geography conference, I was presenting to a sociology professor). I was terrified but got through my presentation. When it came to the questions, some of the questions were so long that by the time the question finished, I'd forgotton how it started. I totally bumbled and stumbled through the question part. Does my bumbling through the questions prove I was abused in some way? By my lecturer who insisted I go for experience? Or by the professor who knew I was much less experienced than everyone else? Of course not.

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
Reply #97 posted 09/27/19 1:26am

maplenpg

TweetyV6 said:

poppys said:

And the researchers go:

FREE MONEY FOR OUR HOAX

I don't believe anyone believes they are taking money just to fool the world. I think you have more brains than to think that too.

Reply #98 posted 09/27/19 1:33am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

126...86 something with a 6? and I pretty much agree with you... that the earth and it animals and plants will be here when people are gone... didn't you say that? don't we agree?

so answer my question!

I've had many conservations with Chinese people about this, who mostly seem to see the one child rule as being absolutely necessary and right. I tend to side with the belief people should be able to do what they want, and not have their bodies governed by the state. I think we can do better things for our planet without being dictated to, or ordered to by law. By taking responsibility for our own actions (which for some will mean having less, or no, chldren). What do you think?

Reply #99 posted 09/27/19 3:47am

OnlyNDaUsa

TweetyV6 said:

poppys said:

And the researchers go:

FREE MONEY FOR OUR HOAX

and they will pocket most of it...

Reply #100 posted 09/27/19 3:50am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

so answer my question!

I've had many conservations with Chinese people about this, who mostly seem to see the one child rule as being absolutely necessary and right. I tend to side with the belief people should be able to do what they want, and not have their bodies governed by the state. I think we can do better things for our planet without being dictated to, or ordered to by law. By taking responsibility for our own actions (which for some will mean having less, or no, chldren). What do you think?

The law in China was a massive human rights violation. But the climate control agenda includes limits on a woman's right to choose.

Reply #101 posted 09/27/19 5:36am

jaawwnn

Oh man, when the resident hyper-capitalists on here start complaining about other people getting money rolleyes

Reply #102 posted 09/27/19 5:45am

13cjk13

TweetyV6 said:

13cjk13 said:

It actually proves nothing. A 2 minute video. You're really reaching here, buddy. Back to your nonsensical graphs!!

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
Reply #103 posted 09/27/19 5:47am

13cjk13

maplenpg said:

TweetyV6 said:

How in any way at all does this prove she is being abused by grown-ups?

Sounds to me like she's answered a load of questions prior, hence the comment about asking others questions too. And remember, she is a child, with autism, with people who want her to either say something profound, or slip up. Congrats, she did the second. Sometimes people just need to give her a break.

I'll tell you a little story. When I was an undergraduate I got asked to present my research at a postgraduate conference. Not only were the people I was presenting to much further ahead in their studies than me, but the conference was a totally different subject to mine (I was studying for (and now have) a linguistics degree, this was a PG geography conference, I was presenting to a sociology professor). I was terrified but got through my presentation. When it came to the questions, some of the questions were so long that by the time the question finished, I'd forgotton how it started. I totally bumbled and stumbled through the question part. Does my bumbling through the questions prove I was abused in some way? By my lecturer who insisted I go for experience? Or by the professor who knew I was much less experienced than everyone else? Of course not.

yeahthat

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
Reply #104 posted 09/27/19 6:18am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

The law in China was a massive human rights violation. But the climate control agenda includes limits on a woman's right to choose.

Yawn. I didn't say the law in China was right. I said I'd had some (really very interesting) discussions with Chinese people (mostly children born under the one child rule now at uni in Britain) who gave me insight into their way of thinking about it. Read the rest of my post after the first second. It says exactly what I believe.

Your second sentence shows your total ignorance yet again (or more likely you are just trying to stir up something - ain't gonna happen with me I'm afraid).

Reply #105 posted 09/27/19 12:07pm

DiminutiveRock
er

maplenpg said:

TweetyV6 said:

And the researchers go:

FREE MONEY FOR OUR HOAX

I don't believe anyone believes they are taking money just to fool the world. I think you have more brains than to think that too.

I don't think he does, actually. wink

-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #106 posted 09/27/19 1:07pm

2freaky4church

Science costs money?? Thank you for telling me. I always thought it just happened for free. Thank you so much for your valued insight.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #107 posted 09/27/19 1:16pm

2freaky4church

Just checked, the median income of most research scientists is 79 thousand. lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #108 posted 09/28/19 1:30pm

OnlyNDaUsa

Seems Greta is just another rich racist white girl exploiting her white rich privilege at the expense of her lessors.

Reply #109 posted 09/28/19 1:34pm

OnlyNDaUsa

2freaky4church1 said:

Just checked, the median income of most research scientists is 79 thousand. lol

so half make less and half make more and even the median is what 8 times the global average?

if we go down this road most that can read this (either by means of having the internet or are who can read...assuming it could be translated into any language) will suffer a loss in quality of life and comfort.

many will suffer, many will die, most will lose freedoms and liberties... including that little rich white girl that is so angry.

Reply #110 posted 09/28/19 3:02pm

ThatWhiteDude

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Seems Greta is just another rich racist white girl exploiting her white rich privilege at the expense of her lessors.

Explanation please?

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."

"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
Reply #111 posted 09/28/19 4:12pm

poppys

ThatWhiteDude said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Explanation please?

He's losing it?

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #112 posted 09/28/19 4:15pm

ThatWhiteDude

poppys said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

Explanation please?

He's losing it?

biggrin looks like it

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."

"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
Reply #113 posted 09/28/19 8:06pm

13cjk13

poppys said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

Explanation please?

He's losing it?

Drunk?

Reply #114 posted 09/28/19 8:08pm

13cjk13

maplenpg said:

TweetyV6 said:

And the researchers go:

FREE MONEY FOR OUR HOAX

Right wingers are so obsessed with their own personal wealth, at the expense of everything else, that they assume everyone else is as selfish and greedy as they are. It's really pretty sickening.

Reply #115 posted 09/28/19 8:09pm

OnlyNDaUsa

ThatWhiteDude said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Explanation please?

did you see her speech?

Reply #116 posted 09/28/19 8:25pm

13cjk13

ThatWhiteDude said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Explanation please?

Evidently he watched her speak and hallucinated some batshit wacky thoughts about what she was saying. lol

Reply #117 posted 09/28/19 9:36pm

JoeyC

13cjk13 said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

Explanation please?

Evidently he watched her speak and hallucinated some batshit wacky thoughts about what she was saying. lol

Somewhat, kind of like, this(video)..??

"and all you can talk about, is the money"...Damn, i love this video(and the words(greta's speech)).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLxpgRqxtEA

In all seriousness. I respect the hell out of Greta and those other kids protesting to bring attention to climate change. It's absolutely insane that anyone can be against what those kids are trying to accomplish. Those young people are facing a future earth that has the potential to be uninhabitable to them. And yet a lot of so called adults be bullshittng about.

Anyway, about the video? I think it's hilarious(in a good way), and done in good taste. I've seen some videos and memes that mock Greta. And this is nothing like that.

[Edited 9/29/19 4:36am]

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
Reply #118 posted 09/29/19 2:58am

maplenpg

JoeyC said:

13cjk13 said:

"and all you can talk about, is the money"...Damn, i love this video(and the words(greta's speech)).

In all seriousness. I respect the hell out of Greta and those other kids protesting to bring attention to climate change. It's absolutely insane that anyone can be against what those kids are trying to accomplish. Those young people are facing a future earth that has the potential to be inhabitable to them. And yet a lot of so called adults be bullshittng about.

Anyway, about the video? I think it's hilarious(in a good way), and done in good taste. I've seen some videos and memes that mock Greta. And this is nothing like that.

Note to self: Check sound levels when watching youtube at 6am biggrin.

100% to the bold. You might like this:

https://www.theguardian.c...mate-demon

Reply #119 posted 09/29/19 4:32am

JoeyC

maplenpg said:

JoeyC said:

In all seriousness. I respect the hell out of Greta and those other kids protesting to bring attention to climate change. It's absolutely insane that anyone can be against what those kids are trying to accomplish. Those young people are facing a future earth that has the potential to be inhabitable to them. And yet a lot of so called adults be bullshittng about.

Note to self: Check sound levels when watching youtube at 6am biggrin.

100% to the bold. You might like this:

https://www.theguardian.c...mate-demon

I'll definitely check it out.

Also, in my post, i meant uninhabitable. I'm always making mistakes in my sentences(missing letters in words, misplaced commas and what nots). My bad.

[Edited 9/29/19 6:43am]

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
Page 4 of 10 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Climate change protests around the world