independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Climate change protests around the world
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 10 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 09/26/19 4:08am

BombSquad

TweetyV6 said:

Scared?!?! lol lol lol
Here's Climate Smeagol without script.... a 17 yr old girl with no answers

oh shit, and I expected her to solve the climate crisis within the end of the week.... damn, I'm disapointed now

and you are just the same phony sissy chicken like that other classy brave warrior piece of trash, who Only namecalls people not in the forum and unable to defend themselves.

Ideally speaking, the President of the United States and the dumbest person in the country would be two different people. Oh well.... money can't fix stupid
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 09/26/19 4:09am

OnlyNDaUsa

BombSquad said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

also per-capita the 3rd world pollutes more... much more.

LMFAO wow, this horesehit ranks up there with the Huns (the Islamic monsters from the 15th century) or with your complete failure in understanding the carbon cycle in older threads

fucking hell, one really has to ask himself, is there even ANY topic on this planet you have even the SLIGHTEST clue about? your level of low-information bullshitting is unparalleled. yet you have the arrogance to question Gretas education? the sissy "school" you went to probably even taught Creationism instead of Evolution, but shit happens in a scienetific ignorant Neanderthal nation LOL

so due to lack of own knoledge, again you just repeat dumbed down Fox propganda LIES

listen clown, per-capita your fucking shithole nation is right up there in the Top 10!
just very few selected idiot nations have more, but they are irrelevant to the greater picture, their total emission are just peanuts compared to the US. but most certainly the whole "3rd world" combined does rank way BELOW your shithole nation.
alright, so let's mark your comment as another scientifically ignorant dumbed down GOP vomit LIE, shall we?

where did I mention CO2?

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
Reply #62 posted 09/26/19 4:10am

BombSquad

OnlyNDaUsa said:

BombSquad said:

LMFAO wow, this horesehit ranks up there with the Huns (the Islamic monsters from the 15th century) or with your complete failure in understanding the carbon cycle in older threads

fucking hell, one really has to ask himself, is there even ANY topic on this planet you have even the SLIGHTEST clue about? your level of low-information bullshitting is unparalleled. yet you have the arrogance to question Gretas education? the sissy "school" you went to probably even taught Creationism instead of Evolution, but shit happens in a scienetific ignorant Neanderthal nation LOL

so due to lack of own knoledge, again you just repeat dumbed down Fox propganda LIES

listen clown, per-capita your fucking shithole nation is right up there in the Top 10!
just very few selected idiot nations have more, but they are irrelevant to the greater picture, their total emission are just peanuts compared to the US. but most certainly the whole "3rd world" combined does rank way BELOW your shithole nation.
alright, so let's mark your comment as another scientifically ignorant dumbed down GOP vomit LIE, shall we?

where did I mention CO2?

as I just said to Tweety, this goes out to you too:

since this thread is about global warming and what could be done about it, just as the post of guitarslinger Only replied to, Only was obviusly referring to greenhouse gases. and CO2 is the most important one humans emitt. the other pollutants are hardly relevant compared to CO2 impact. but feel free to find a statistic that compares ALL human made green house gases US vs. 3rd world and prove me wrong. GO!

Ideally speaking, the President of the United States and the dumbest person in the country would be two different people. Oh well.... money can't fix stupid
Reply #63 posted 09/26/19 4:10am

TweetyV6

BombSquad said:

CO2 is the most important one humans emitt.

WRONG.

The most important, and most influential GHG is water.
When do you get that in your thick skull?

And it ALL has to do with the ability to absorb IR radiation and transform it into heat.

80-90% of the GH effect comes from water.
And we humans emitt far more water into the environment then CO2.

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #64 posted 09/26/19 4:12am

BombSquad

TweetyV6 said:

BombSquad said:

CO2 is the most important one humans emitt.

WRONG.

And it ALL has to do with the ability to absorb IR radiation and transform it into heat.

utter shite and deeply ignorant hogwash

we free CO2 from fossil energy that was buried under earth crust since millions of years and just within a couple of decades release it back into the carbon cycle and into the atmosphere where it was not for ages

we do not do that with water, you clown!

we take water from ther river, lake or ground, use it, pump it back. a zero sum game

but feel free to correct me, clown: where do we directly free "fossil" water that has not been in the enviroment or "water cycle" since millions of years? GO!

hmmm.. we somehow might do that - only indirectly using CO2! - by increasing global warming and therefore melting glaciers or arcitc ice...? but naaaawwhhh, that can not be, cause temperatures ar not rising, so why should ice melt? LMFAO

[Edited 9/26/19 4:35am]

Reply #65 posted 09/26/19 4:13am

OnlyNDaUsa

BombSquad said:

TweetyV6 said:

LMFAO another DumbSquad classic.
Regarding CO2 as pollutant.

which it is
are we confusing pollutant and posion? again???
some dickheads never learn

you are the one that is confused as I never mentioned CO2... and you cherry picked out JUST CO2 that is an epic fail.

Reply #66 posted 09/26/19 4:16am

OnlyNDaUsa

BombSquad said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

where did I mention CO2?

since this thread is about global warming and what could be done about it, just as the post of guitarslinger Only replied to, Only was obviusly referring to greenhouse gases. and CO2 is the most important one humans emitt. the other pollutants are hardly relevant compared to CO2 impact. but feel free to find a statistic that compares ALL human made green house gases US vs. 3rd world and prove me wrong. GO!

Nice try but no. Their issues are not limited to CO2.

Reply #67 posted 09/26/19 4:22am

BombSquad

OnlyNDaUsa said:

BombSquad said:

or in other words, you have NO statistic on ANY pollutant/contributor to green house effect, where the 3rd world beats the US? not one??? HAHAHAHA

EPIC FAIL

Reply #68 posted 09/26/19 4:26am

BombSquad

I have provided a statistic. I chose CO2 cause it seems the most important one.... that is not cherrypicking, but common sense, but whatever....

now you go and freely cherrypick any greenhous gas you like! show ANYTHING to prove your claim!
you don't make claims without backup, do you? you must have SOME source for your information, beside Fox talking heads???

if you can't find a source, then your claim must be tagged as s another fucking dumb idiotic LIE by a uninformed uneducated clown

[Edited 9/26/19 4:28am]

Reply #69 posted 09/26/19 4:41am

TweetyV6

BombSquad said:

TweetyV6 said:

WRONG.

utter shite and deeply ignorant hogwaswh

we free CO2 from fossil energy that was buried under earth crust since millions of years and just within a couple of decades release it back into the carbon cycle and into the atmosphere where it was not for ages

we do not do that with water, you clown!

we take water from ther river, lake or ground, use it, pump it back. a zero sum game

but feel free to correct me, clown: where do we free "fossil" water that has not been in the envioroment or "water cycle" since millions of years? GO!

[Edited 9/26/19 4:29am]

Nice try, I'll give you that.
But that doesn't mean that CO2 hasn't been in the air before. So it's exactly the same, but the delay in re-emitting the GHG is different. ANd therfore the fluctuation in CO2 concentration, which has varied from 7000 ppm to less then 300ppm
The equilibrium comes with a delay of about 300 yrs, when the planet (read plants) have adapted to the new situation.

That's why it's called the carbonCYCLE

And again you just ignore the fucking FACT that water is by far the most influencial GH effect contributor.

CO2 isnt, let alone the fraction of CO2 generated by humans.
Our CO2 emissions are INSIGNIFICANT

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #70 posted 09/26/19 4:44am

TweetyV6

BombSquad said:

a zero sum game

Like burning woodpallets is CO2 neutral because of the zero sum? wink wink

[Edited 9/26/19 4:45am]

Reply #71 posted 09/26/19 4:49am

OnlyNDaUsa

BombSquad said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

or in other words, you have NO statistic on ANY pollutant/contributor to green house effect, where the 3rd world beats the US? not one??? HAHAHAHA

EPIC FAIL

so your argumet is that I did not provide an data as opposed to providing data that was cherry picked?

Reply #72 posted 09/26/19 6:02am

13cjk13

TweetyV6 said:

BombSquad said:

you and your disgusting fucking lot of tough brave and courageus climate warriors get so scared from a 16 year old girl (!!!) whose only fault ia to be worried about her and all her generations future, that you and all run around scarred up like sissy chickens, boldly calling her Smeagol and alike

so you better just SHUT THE FUCK UP about namecalling, no class dickhead

Scared?!?! lol lol lol

https://youtu.be/0bwLt_5t73g

[Edited 9/26/19 4:05am]

Now maybe you should post a link of Hillary Clinton "laughing" at a child rapist. Only will enjoy it, and the rest of us will be able to see TWO videos that prove absolutely nothing lol lol lol

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
Reply #73 posted 09/26/19 6:08am

maplenpg

Boy, oh boy, where to start. Here are my thoughts:

I'm not interested in the science. This thread has shown me that. When I take medicine from the doctor, I trust the science behind it. Same with our planet - enough scientists are saying there is cause for concern, and I believe them.

But even if they are wrong about climate change, there is still too much plastic in our oceans, and too much rainforest being felled for palm oil. As one human on the planet I can't do much, but I'd rather do something than nothing. You know... just in case.

I don't understand the hate for Greta. She is a poster child, and she represents the youth of today who are too young to vote, yet want a voice. And I really admire how far she has got; it's not an easy feat. I'm glad my children are learning about her at school, and then asking me what they can do (my son has just got a place on the environmental committee at his school), rather than just snorting about her and trying to huff puff on everything she says.

I don't understand the division climate change causes. Mostly people seem to disagree on whether it is man-made, and on whether humans can stop it anyway (if it exists of course). But looking after our planet is about more than just the climate, which we may or may not be able to have any effect on. Frankly I don't care which country is worst, or whether Bob is doing more than Ben. It's about looking at our own lives, and seeing what we can reasonably do (for example, I'd love an electric car - I am in no position to afford one, but I do now carry metal straws with me, and a reusable coffee cup, among other things). Surely we can all agree that being kind to our planet, and the animals and fauna that share it with us, is something to strive for?

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
Reply #74 posted 09/26/19 7:46am

DiminutiveRock
er

maplenpg said:

I'm not interested in the science. This thread has shown me that. When I take medicine from the doctor, I trust the science behind it. Same with our planet - enough scientists are saying there is cause for concern, and I believe them.

But even if they are wrong about climate change, there is still too much plastic in our oceans, and too much rainforest being felled for palm oil. As one human on the planet I can't do much, but I'd rather do something than nothing. You know... just in case.

I don't understand the hate for Greta. She is a poster child, and she represents the youth of today who are too young to vote, yet want a voice. And I really admire how far she has got; it's not an easy feat. I'm glad my children are learning about her at school, and then asking me what they can do (my son has just got a place on the environmental committee at his school), rather than just snorting about her and trying to huff puff on everything she says.

I don't understand the division climate change causes. Mostly people seem to disagree on whether it is man-made, and on whether humans can stop it anyway (if it exists of course). But looking after our planet is about more than just the climate, which we may or may not be able to have any effect on. Frankly I don't care which country is worst, or whether Bob is doing more than Ben. It's about looking at our own lives, and seeing what we can reasonably do (for example, I'd love an electric car - I am in no position to afford one, but I do now carry metal straws with me, and a reusable coffee cup, among other things). Surely we can all agree that being kind to our planet, and the animals and fauna that share it with us, is something to strive for?

YES! Nicely said! clapping

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #75 posted 09/26/19 8:17am

13cjk13

maplenpg said:

They've chosen money over the health of the planet. period. That's why they get so riled up about it. Money is their god.

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
Reply #76 posted 09/26/19 8:19am

poppys

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/caltech-resnick-climate-change.html

Caltech Gets a Windfall for Climate Research: $750 Million

The gift from Stewart and Lynda Resnick, the billionaire owners of bottled water and agriculture companies, comes amid growing urgency over climate change.

It will take huge efforts, according to experts, to avert disasters related to climate change. Commitments from reluctant leaders to reform the global economy. Shifts in the daily routines of citizens. And research from the world’s greatest minds — lots of it...

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #77 posted 09/26/19 11:07am

OnlyNDaUsa

13cjk13 said:

They've chosen money over the health of the planet. period. That's why they get so riled up about it. Money is their god.

or they just reject the faux science...

Reply #78 posted 09/26/19 11:10am

OnlyNDaUsa

the key thing to keep in mind is some people believe it others not so much... there is a wide spectrum here... What I see are those that do just swallow it all is they can not accept that some just do not agree so they accuse them of being moraly corrupt.

Reply #79 posted 09/26/19 11:13am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

13cjk13 said:

So go on then genius, tell me a foolproof way of knowing which science is real and which is 'faux'?

Reply #80 posted 09/26/19 11:20am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

So go on then genius, tell me a foolproof way of knowing which science is real and which is 'faux'?

did I suggest I had one? that is an odd standard. 13cjk13 made a false dichotomy. That either you agree that "we must do something quickly" or maybe it is just as much the planet's cycle as something we did... all i did was offer a 3rd possibility.

this is another failed version of Pascal's wager...

Reply #81 posted 09/26/19 11:21am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

and I not a genius my IQ is about 126 a little short...

Reply #82 posted 09/26/19 11:26am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

the key thing to keep in mind is some people believe it others not so much... there is a wide spectrum here... What I see are those that do just swallow it all is they can not accept that some just do not agree so they accuse them of being moraly corrupt.

Obviously there's a wide spectrum, but I'll say it again, most people, even if they don't believe in climate change, understand that we are destroying the planet. How that is happening, and how quickly it is happening etc.. is up for debate, but most people do not deny things like plastic in our oceans. Science and research is there to be critiqued, that is what people have been doing for centuries. But this is not a case of blindly believing everything, nor is it a case of blindly denying everything. It's about what we can do to make change, because apathy will get us nowhere, and morally we have a duty to look after the beautiful earth that gives us life.

FWIW. I'm a believer that it is only humans that are under threat. I believe animals and fauna will outlive us. I also believe we will be the cause of our own destruction. I'm not sure how - I'm open to things other that destruction of the environment wiping us out.

Reply #83 posted 09/26/19 11:29am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

did I suggest I had one? that is an odd standard. 13cjk13 made a false dichotomy. That either you agree that "we must do something quickly" or maybe it is just as much the planet's cycle as something we did... all i did was offer a 3rd possibility.

Nah, 13cjk13 suggested that greed gets in the way of morals. I'd agree with that.

Reply #84 posted 09/26/19 11:32am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Obviously there's a wide spectrum, but I'll say it again, most people, even if they don't believe in climate change, understand that we are destroying the planet. How that is happening, and how quickly it is happening etc.. is up for debate, but most people do not deny things like plastic in our oceans. Science and research is there to be critiqued, that is what people have been doing for centuries. But this is not a case of blindly believing everything, nor is it a case of blindly denying everything. It's about what we can do to make change, because apathy will get us nowhere, and morally we have a duty to look after the beautiful earth that gives us life.

FWIW. I'm a believer that it is only humans that are under threat. I believe animals and fauna will outlive us. I also believe we will be the cause of our own destruction. I'm not sure how - I'm open to things other that destruction of the environment wiping us out.

source? I do not believe that... and if humans are the cause and if you believe that the earth will survive after we are all gone... then so be it... if you love the earth so much more than man us all dying is the best thing right?

and where are you on human population stabilization?

Reply #85 posted 09/26/19 11:32am

maplenpg

BombSquad said:

TweetyV6 said:

Scared?!?! lol lol lol

oh shit, and I expected her to solve the climate crisis within the end of the week.... damn, I'm disapointed now

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Reply #86 posted 09/26/19 11:34am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Nah, 13cjk13 suggested that greed gets in the way of morals. I'd agree with that.

well that is not how I read it... if not for the "Period" maybe...but it seemed clear that they agree that the sky is falling but rather make money. (forget that many of these doom-bots are getting rich off of the cause)

Reply #87 posted 09/26/19 11:38am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

BombSquad said:

except it's been decades since we were told we have 5 years left! this is all no better supported than the 2012 Mayan calendar end of the world! (or that the moon landing hoax, that shots cause autism, Obama was not born in the US, the globe earth is a hoax, that 9/11 was an inside job)

Reply #88 posted 09/26/19 11:41am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

source? I do not believe that... and if humans are the cause and if you believe that the earth will survive after we are all gone... then so be it... if you love the earth so much more than man us all dying is the best thing right?

and where are you on human population stabilization?

Oh come on. I thought you had an IQ of 126?

Reply #89 posted 09/26/19 11:45am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

except it's been decades since we were told we have 5 years left! this is all no better supported than the 2012 Mayan calendar end of the world! (or that the moon landing hoax, that shots cause autism, Obama was not born in the US, the globe earth is a hoax, that 9/11 was an inside job)

rolleyes

Page 3 of 10 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Climate change protests around the world