independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 2:37pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Reportedly Involves Ukraine
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 10 123456789>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Reportedly Involves Ukraine

Ok let's try this again. So silly that the other was locked

So far we know it involves Trump and the Ukraine, but not much else other than like most things involving this administration, it's all highly unusual.

Hit the link for the complete story

A U.S. intelligence official’s concerns about Trump’s “promises” to a foreign leader involve Ukraine, The Washington Post reported.

https://www.huffpost.com/...d468c9e2a3

A whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump reportedly involves Ukraine, two sources familiar with the matter each told The Washington Post and The New York Times on Thursday.

The Post first reported on an intelligence official’s complaint on Wednesday, writing that the official approached Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson with claims that Trump had made troubling “promises” during communication with a foreign leader.

The Times then reported Thursday that the whistleblower’s complaint involves additional incidents about Trump.

Trump’s relationship with Ukraine has made headlines in recent weeks. Earlier this month, three House committees launched an investigation into whether Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani tried to manipulate the Ukrainian government into helping Trump’s bid for reelection.

“A growing public record indicates that, for nearly two years, the President and his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, appear to have acted outside legitimate law enforcement and diplomatic channels to coerce the Ukrainian government into pursuing two politically-motivated investigations under the guise of anti-corruption activity,” a group of committee chairmen wrote.

Part of their investigation is looking into whether Trump and Giuliani asked Ukraine officials to target Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden, whose past dealings in the country have recently come under scrutiny. Among the claims they are probing is that Trump threatened to withhold $250 million in aid to Ukraine over these requests, though he reinstated it several days after the House probes were announced.

Trump has denied making any missteps alleged by the reported whistleblower.

“[I]s anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially ‘heavily populated’ call,” he tweeted. “I would only do what is right anyway, and only do good for the USA!”

And now, Ruduy Giuliani is back doing crazy on CNN again to defend Turd

https://www.thedailybeast...w?ref=home

[Edited 9/19/19 20:37pm]

Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/20/19 7:00am

RodeoSchro

It's starting to sound like unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump may have offered the Ukranian president something if he'd agree to say Joe Biden and his son did inappropriate things in Ukraine.

Since Biden is leading unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump in the polls, I can see how that would appeal to a guy with the morals of an unrepentant serial adulterer.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #2 posted 09/20/19 7:09am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

RodeoSchro said:

It's starting to sound like unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump may have offered the Ukranian president something if he'd agree to say Joe Biden and his son did inappropriate things in Ukraine.

Since Biden is leading unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump in the polls, I can see how that would appeal to a guy with the morals of an unrepentant serial adulterer.

Yes it seems to be about getting dirt on Biden and his son. Giuliani has been going out there promoting an investigation.

if you haven't seen the Giuliani interview from last night, I would check it out. There's a link above for it.

i have to say, Giuliani looks batshit crazy in the interview, but knowing the Trump demo, they'll eat it up.

[Edited 9/20/19 7:12am]

Reply #3 posted 09/20/19 7:20am

RodeoSchro

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

RodeoSchro said:

Yes it seems to be about getting dirt on Biden and his son. Giuliani has been going out there promoting an investigation.

if you haven't seen the Giuliani interview from last night, I would check it out. There's a link above for it.

i have to say, Giuliani looks batshit crazy in the interview, but knowing the Trump demo, they'll eat it up.

[Edited 9/20/19 7:12am]

I wish Chris Cuomo would have just come out and said, "Rudy, you just lied to my face. Have you any decency left at all? What happened to the guy who led New York City through 9/11? Did all that cheating on your wives erode what honesty and integrity you once possessed?"

P&R's Palladin
Reply #4 posted 09/20/19 9:05am

Musicslave

Wake me when they're done.

[Edited 9/20/19 9:08am]

Reply #5 posted 09/20/19 10:13am

13cjk13

It's Dan Coates. It has to be. Two weeks after he resigned he walked into a meeting at the White House and told his deputy she needed to resign immediately and she did. Four days after that the Inspector General got the whistleblower report!

In addition to this we know the unnamed whistleblower has retained an attorney who was a career lawyer at the CIA and is now in private practice. This lends even more credence to it being Coates.

If he told the president of Ukraine that the $250 million in military aid is dependent on them investigating Biden, holy shit!

In an interesting turn of events, Rudy Giuliani said on CNN tonight that if Trump did do that, it wasn't illegal! Umm, yes it is Rudy. Offering a foreign nation money to do damage to your political enemies is downright corruption not seen since Sadaam and Idi Amin were around.

This is tin pot dictator politicking and if this is true, Trump will have to resign. Trump is easy to predict because he is a simpleton and he only operates transactionally. My learned guess here is that Trump promised to deliver the military goods if the President of Ukraine opened an investigation of Biden. I would bet a shiny new platinum dollar that this is what Trump did.

Watch Republicans the next few days. They are deathly quiet and today Mitch even approved $250 million in election security funds. That says that not only was he sick of being called Moscow Mitch, it also says he's nervous about something.

This is not going to end well for Trump. Make no mistake, the Inspector General is a Trump appointee and whoever the whistleblower is, worked inside this administration. This isn't the 'deep state.' This is one of Trump's own people and the IG agreed that this was a matter that needed to go to congress.

Bill Barr and Maguire are now breaking the law in full view of the people. The highest law enforcement official and the highest national security official in this country are crooks. They are felons thumbing their noses at the rule of law right now. Without the rule of law, we aren't a Republic, we are subjects of a dictator.
Show less

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #6 posted 09/20/19 10:56am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Biden is on the campaign trail, it shouldn't be long before we hear from him

Did Trump Try to Extort the President of Ukraine Into Investigating Joe Biden?

https://www.newyorker.com...-joe-biden

Just when you think you’ve seen it all, along comes a Trumpdevelopment to trump them all—or most of them. On Thursday night, the Washington Post reported that a complaint from an anonymous intelligence whistle-blower, which has been the subject of a bitter oversight dispute between the Trump Administration and Congress, centers on a phone call that Trump had on July 25th, with Ukraine’s recently elected President, Volodymyr Zelensky. Many details about this story remain murky, but the implication seems to be that the whistle-blower is alleging that Trump promised to release two hundred and fifty million dollars in stalled aid for Ukraine if Zelensky would launch a corruption investigation into matters involving Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.

You might think that sounds too outrageous to be plausible: a President who spent just under two years being investigated for possibly colluding with Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 election putting the squeeze on another foreign country to interfere in the 2020 race. But hang on a minute. Shortly after the Post’s story dropped, Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who has for months been claiming (without any real evidence) that Joe Biden bribed Ukrainian officials to drop a corruption investigation involving his son, went on Chris Cuomo’s CNN show and said, “It is perfectly appropriate for a President to say to a leader of a foreign country, ‘Investigate this bribe, that was paid by a former Vice-President, that our media in America is covering up.’ ”

Reply #7 posted 09/20/19 11:00am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

https://www.politico.com/...le-1505636

hit the link for the story

'A deficiency in the law': How Trump accidentally exposed a whistleblower loophole

What happens when the administration won't tell Congress about a whistleblower complaint regarding the president? The answer to the once hard-to-fathom question is complicated.

For years, lawmakers have argued that intelligence personnel concerned about government actions — like Edward Snowden and Chelsea Manning — should go through formal whistleblower channels instead of illegally leaking government secrets.

But now, an unprecedented standoff between Congress and the Trump administration over a staffer who did go through the formal channels, only to have their concerns withheld from lawmakers, has laid bare a loophole in whistleblower protection laws that many thought would never be revealed: What happens when an intelligence agent blows the whistle on the president?

Reply #8 posted 09/20/19 11:22am

RodeoSchro

Some will say, "It's just business!" but it's not the kind of business I practice.

We seem to be at an important place in our country, where we have to decide whether the concepts of right and wrong; morality and integrity; honesty and ethical behavior; and the Rule of Law are part of our national fabric or not.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #9 posted 09/20/19 2:17pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Trump Asked Ukraine President to Probe Hunter Biden Eight Times in One Call: WSJ

https://www.thedailybeast...j?ref=home

President Trump asked Ukraine’s president to investigate Hunter Biden, son of 2020 Democratic candidate Joe Biden, eight separate times during one phone call this summer, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

According to the Journal’s sources, Trump told President Volodymyr Zelensky in that July phone call to work with the president’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani on probing the former vice president over allegations he shielded from investigation a Ukrainian gas company with ties to his son.

“Mr. Trump didn’t mention a provision of foreign aid to Ukraine on the call, said this person, who didn’t believe Mr. Trump offered the Ukrainian president any quid-pro-quo for his cooperation on an investigation,” the Journal added.

Trump’s interactions with the Ukrainian president have come under scrutiny following news of a whistleblower’s complaint about the president’s communications with a foreign leader and a “promise” Trump allegedly made in those conversations.
Reply #10 posted 09/20/19 7:26pm

cborgman

If its true, hes fucked and so is guiliani
liars gonna lie, frauds gonna fraud.
but its a joy to call them out on their bullshit.
Reply #11 posted 09/21/19 7:45am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

cborgman said:

I’m not too sure trump and right wing media have been pretty good at deflecting everything that’s come his way.
And it also dings Biden.
[Edited 9/21/19 7:45am]
Reply #12 posted 09/21/19 8:13am

maplenpg

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

cborgman said:
I’m not too sure trump and right wing media have been pretty good at deflecting everything that’s come his way. And it also dings Biden. [Edited 9/21/19 7:45am]

I can't see this can come to anything without solid proof it happened (FWIW I do think it happened).

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #13 posted 09/21/19 8:38am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

maplenpg said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

cborgman said:

I’m not too sure trump and right wing media have been pretty good at deflecting everything that’s come his way. And it also dings Biden. [Edited 9/21/19 7:45am]

I can't see this can come to anything without solid proof it happened (FWIW I do think it happened).

Even then. Both Trump and Giuliani have admitted the talks took place. And the quid pro quo offer they will talk their way out of. Especially as they are claiming Biden did the same thing. True or not.
Reply #14 posted 09/21/19 10:11am

13cjk13

LOCK HIM UP.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #15 posted 09/21/19 12:42pm

RodeoSchro

LOCK THEM UP.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #16 posted 09/21/19 3:10pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Trump has normalized the US President as a buffoon acting as he was as a third world dictatorship.

People yawn ..wake me when it's over.
Theres no urgency. The American people seem mostly complacent.

This current President has normalized toxic.

Reply #17 posted 09/21/19 3:52pm

poppys

^^ He could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and the Republican Senate would not impeach him.

We presently have a President-centric form of government that the Legislative and Judicial branches are allowing. Our system is officially broken. Honor is not just dying, it's dead.

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #18 posted 09/24/19 7:38am

poppys

This is heating up.

There’s new reporting from the Washington Post tonight on President Donald Trump‘s call with the president of Ukraine and events that surrounded it.

Specifically, the Post reports, Trump ordered a hold on “$400 million in military aid for Ukraine” directly to Mick Mulvaney days before the call.

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #19 posted 09/24/19 9:14am

benni

Guiliani said on Fox News last night that the State Department asked him to go on a mission for them, and they put him together with someone in the Ukraine.

https://www.dailykos.com/...to-Ukraine

Reply #20 posted 09/24/19 9:30am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

benni said:

Guiliani said on Fox News last night that the State Department asked him to go on a mission for them, and they put him together with someone in the Ukraine.

I thought I listened to him tell cnn that he was acting alone?

These guys change their stories quite often.

Change their stories as in "lie"

Continuously lie.

https://www.theguardian.c...iden-trump

21 August

Giuliani reveals that in August he travelled to Madrid to meet a top Ukrainian official, Andriy Yermak. He “strongly urged” Yermak to reinvestigate the Bidens, among other matters. “Just investigate the darn things,” Giuliani says he told the official. The lawyer insists he is acting as a “private citizen”, though it later emerges the meeting was arranged with the help of Kurt Volker, US envoy to Ukraine.

[Edited 9/24/19 9:35am]

Reply #21 posted 09/24/19 10:14am

benni

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

benni said:

I thought I listened to him tell cnn that he was acting alone?

These guys change their stories quite often.

Change their stories as in "lie"

Continuously lie.

https://www.theguardian.c...iden-trump

21 August

Giuliani reveals that in August he travelled to Madrid to meet a top Ukrainian official, Andriy Yermak. He “strongly urged” Yermak to reinvestigate the Bidens, among other matters. “Just investigate the darn things,” Giuliani says he told the official. The lawyer insists he is acting as a “private citizen”, though it later emerges the meeting was arranged with the help of Kurt Volker, US envoy to Ukraine.

[Edited 9/24/19 9:35am]

He just can't keep his story straight.

Reply #22 posted 09/24/19 10:28am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

How much more of lying can we take? This is ridiculous.

Trump changes story on withholding Ukraine aid

The president confirmed that he froze the military assistance before reportedly pressing the country’s leader to investigate his political rival.

https://www.politico.com/...id-1509070

President Donald Trump on Tuesday shifted his explanation for temporarily withholding hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine, citing what he criticized as a lack of similar financial contribution by other Western powers to the Eastern European nation.

Trump’s latest remarks are at odds with his assertion Monday that he denied the assistance because he feared bureaucratic corruption within Ukraine’s government. The new claim also comes after weekend reports that he repeatedly pressured newly elected Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during a July phone call to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden’s son.

“As far as withholding funds, those funds were paid. They were fully paid,” Trump told reporters Tuesday, ahead of his address to the United Nations General Assembly.

“But my complaint has always been, and I'd withhold again, and I'll continue to withhold until such time as Europe and other nations contribute to Ukraine,” he continued. “Because they're not doing it. Just the United States. We're putting up the bulk of the money. And I'm asking, why is that?”

Reply #23 posted 09/24/19 11:33am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Per CNN, Trump is reportedly allowing a transcript of the conversation to be released tomorrow.

Reply #24 posted 09/24/19 11:54am

benni

Adam Schiff@RepAdamSchiff

We have been informed by the whistleblower’s counsel that their client would like to speak to our committee and has requested guidance from the Acting DNI as to how to do so.
We‘re in touch with counsel and look forward to the whistleblower’s testimony as soon as this week.

2:29 PM · Sep 24, 2019·Twitter for iPad

Reply #25 posted 09/24/19 11:57am

benni

Pelosi on Trump's Ukraine drama: "This is not a good thing for our democracy"

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was just speaking about President Trump's announcement that he will release a transcript of his call with Ukraine's president and whether her caucus will stand out of it turns out to be less harmful.

Pelosi made it clear that "it's not about that."

Here's what she said:

"This is about the Constitution of the United States and many other, shall we say candidates of impeachable offense in terms of the Constitution of the United States. But this is the most understandable by the public. And It's really important to know this. There is no requirement there be a quid pro quo in the conversation. If the President brings up he wants them to investigate something, that's to — of his political opponent, that is self-evident that it is not right. You don't ask foreign governments to help us in our election. That's what we try to stop with Russia. It's wrong. So it's not only about how we make decisions about our foreign policy and our global security. It's about undermining the integrity of our election.That's A. B: I don't think there's a — I don't know. I don't think there's a grasp on the part of this administration that the quid pro quo is not essential to an impeachable offense, but if you have sequencing, like a couple of days before the President withdrew the bipartisan support for Ukraine. Bipartisan enthusiastic support for Ukraine a few days earlier, he withdraws it, then makes this statement. President's words weigh tons. Weigh tons. And just bringing up the election is bad enough. That there would be a quid pro quo isn't necessarily in the conversation, but in the sequencing. So this is not a good thing for a democracy, for the leader of the free world to be talking like that, and I don't even know if there are any scruples involved. That's why I say they think lawlessness is a virtue and now want to export it to another country."
Reply #26 posted 09/24/19 12:12pm

benni

Whoa, per Mitch McConnell:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said it’s “premature” to discuss what the Senate might do if President Trump is impeached in the House.

He said he was “never given an explanation” why the aid to Ukraine was held up even as he was pressing administration officials to release the aid.

McConnell said they were "going to find out what happened” in terms of the whistleblower’s allegations through the “apolitical” Senate Intelligence Committee process.

Asked if the Senate would take up articles of impeachment if they were sent over from the House, McConnell said he was not going to discuss all “various hypotheticals that have been aired out about what may or may not happen in the House” and said it was “prematureto consider.

Reply #27 posted 09/24/19 12:24pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Per CNN, the whistleblower wants to speak to the committee and explain that the complaint was about MORE than just the phone call.

Reply #28 posted 09/24/19 12:39pm

Musicslave

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Per CNN, the whistleblower wants to speak to the committee and explain that the complaint was about MORE than just the phone call.

-

I was just about to post that trump is going to try to make it ALL ABOUT ONE PHONE CALL when it isn't.

Reply #29 posted 09/24/19 12:44pm

Musicslave

I'm looking forward to the whistleblower's account. It had to be pretty significant for him/she (some outlets are speculating former DNI head, Dan Coates) to come foward with this. One thing I do know; trump is all smoke and mirrors. If he's willing to share one conversation in particular, it's because there are others that make him look worse.

Page 1 of 10 123456789>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Reportedly Involves Ukraine