independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 23rd Jan 2020 2:45pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Learn about Islam, haters.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/25/19 2:00pm

poppys

It's a spin-off thread from this one -

Israel bars Democratic congresswomen from entering country

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/25/19 2:37pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

2freaky4church1 said:

Christianity actually advocates killing innocents, Islam only uses violence as self defense against attack.

what?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
Reply #32 posted 08/25/19 2:42pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

guitarslinger44 said:

I already reported your OP, but no surprise it's another bit of weaponized autism from 2freaky.:eyeroll: But as long as we're here, why don't you answer the question Poppy's was too chickenshit to answer: Do you think Islam is a religion that, in 2019, is friendly/safe to gays and women?

has anyone answered that?

I've actually seen video of homosexuals and a M/F couple(adultery or sex outside of marriage) thrashed, a gay man bound and tossed from a building, and a woman buried to her shoulders being prepared for stoning. In the last 10yrs

There are documentaries done by Arabic people struggling with these issues

In
Reply #33 posted 08/25/19 3:40pm

guitarslinger4

OldFriends4Sale said:

guitarslinger44 said:

I already reported your OP, but no surprise it's another bit of weaponized autism from 2freaky.:eyeroll: But as long as we're here, why don't you answer the question Poppy's was too chickenshit to answer: Do you think Islam is a religion that, in 2019, is friendly/safe to gays and women?

I've actually seen video of homosexuals and a M/F couple(adultery or sex outside of marriage) thrashed, a gay man bound and tossed from a building, and a woman buried to her shoulders being prepared for stoning. In the last 10yrs

No one has and I don't suspect anyone will.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply #34 posted 08/25/19 3:50pm

2elijah

IanRG said:

What is the point of this thread?

Is it to attack people based on their religion? Or having any religion at all? Or being associated with an area of the world? Or being of a different ethnicity or skin colour? Or being from the far right? Or is it just to find fault in others in general?

Even the topic title is ambiguous. Is it asking the haters to learn about Islam or for us to learn about the haters of Islam? Either way it is tagging people by hate.

The videos are about learning about a group of people living within our countries. A group for various imposed and self inflicted reasons feels misunderstood and ostracised within Western culture. Increasing dialogue between groups so people can learn more about each other and find common ground and understanding to reduce the hate can only be good. This does not mean that we cannot find reasons to hate some of the things done in the name of any side. It does mean that by learning about each other, we can all find ways to reduce what is rightfully hated: The bigotry and violence against people that are different from the hater.

[Edited 8/25/19 14:04pm]

Good point.
Happy New Year!
Reply #35 posted 08/25/19 3:56pm

2elijah

OnlyNDaUsa said:

2elijah said:

guitarslinger44 said:
All I was saying is that in 2019, no other major religion is killing gays and stoning women to death. As such, it's funny that people who proclaim to be pro gay and pro women would also stan for this religion. No one's saying other religions haven't done bad things, it's just that they haven't done medieval thingss like this in recent times.

I don’t stand for those who use/ abuse religion to promote/practice/justify their biases/ crimes. I just don’t believe in condemning ‘one’ religious group’s bad actions, when bad actions exists in other religious groups. There are many Christians who condemn the LGBT community. Also many who are anti-abortion, pro-lifers, which interferes with the personal decisions/freedom of women. Many of them who are voters can have an impact on women’s rights. That’s controlling/limiting womens’ rights, which controlling women existed in medieval times as well. So getting back to Islam, I’m not a follower of it, but it goes without saying that the bias against those who practice it, increased after 9/11, and false info told to Americans, that Muslims from other countries are America’s biggest threat, and possible terrorists, when in fact it’s many American-born, currently right-wing extremists, domestic terrorists (according to the FBI Director), who are our biggest threat. Anyway, I’ll stop here, I was trying not to get pulled into this discussion again. Just my point of view on this. [Edited 8/25/19 12:59pm]

so you are saying it is bigotry to say "this group is a threat" but okay to say "White people are a threat"?

What if we looked at gun crime rates corrected for population? what would those figures say?

Don’t make false quotes of my statement. The information about right-wing domestic extremists being the biggest threat to America, moreso than outside groups, came from the current FBI Director.

And you said ”White” not me. Correct yourself. If you disagree with that info, you’re welcome to contest it with him.
Happy New Year!
Reply #36 posted 08/25/19 4:09pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

guitarslinger44 said:

I'll say it straight out: Islam is not very open to homosexuality.

But to be honest, neither is conservative Judaism or fundamentalists Christianity, or the Catholic Church ( the religion I was raised in)
Reply #37 posted 08/25/19 4:14pm

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

I don’t stand for those who use/ abuse religion to promote/practice/justify their biases/ crimes. I just don’t believe in condemning ‘one’ religious group’s bad actions, when bad actions exists in other religious groups. There are many Christians who condemn the LGBT community. Also many who are anti-abortion, pro-lifers, which interferes with the personal decisions/freedom of women. Many of them who are voters can have an impact on women’s rights. That’s controlling/limiting womens’ rights, which controlling women existed in medieval times as well.

So getting back to Islam, I’m not a follower of it, but it goes without saying that the bias against those who practice it, increased after 9/11, and false info told to Americans, that Muslims from other countries are America’s biggest threat, and possible terrorists, when in fact it’s many American-born, currently right-wing extremists, domestic terrorists (according to the FBI Director), who are our biggest threat.

Anyway, I’ll stop here, I was trying not to get pulled into this discussion again. Just my point of view on this.
[Edited 8/25/19 12:59pm]

Spot on !
ALL religions have fucked up aspects... even the one I was raised in

I know some Catholics, Methodists, Baptists that are bias towards the LGBT community, and some who believe women should be certain way. As far as I see it, all religions have good and bad elements among its believers/followers.
Happy New Year!
Reply #38 posted 08/25/19 4:16pm

OnlyNDaUsa

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:
Spot on ! ALL religions have fucked up aspects... even the one I was raised in
I know some Catholics, Methodists, Baptists that are bias towards the LGBT community, and some who believe women should be certain way. As far as I see it, all religions have good and bad elements among its believers/followers.

they did it too? when was the last time you heard any Christians killing people for being gay or for having been raped or not being Christans?

And have you ever heard of anyone carrying out an act of terror as they call out to Jesus?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #39 posted 08/25/19 4:23pm

guitarslinger4

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

But to be honest, neither is conservative Judaism or fundamentalists Christianity, or the Catholic Church ( the religion I was raised in)

Thank you.

No I wouldn't say conservatives of any stripes are open to homosexuality, but I can't think of any other group of conservatives that are actively killing them.

[Edited 8/25/19 16:24pm]
Reply #40 posted 08/25/19 4:37pm

OnlyNDaUsa

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:
I'll say it straight out: Islam is not very open to homosexuality. But to be honest, neither is conservative Judaism or fundamentalists Christianity, or the Catholic Church ( the religion I was raised in)
Thank you. No I wouldn't say conservatives of any stripes are open to homosexuality, but I can't think of any other group of conservatives that are actively killing them. [Edited 8/25/19 16:24pm]

I am totally fine with gays.... JJ are you totally fine with homosexuality? like if you were on a trip and you had to share a hotel room would you be fine sharing it with a gay man? I would have no issues with it...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #41 posted 08/25/19 4:38pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

guitarslinger44 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

a lot of tip toeing around it. And people always try to bring up Jews or Christians. Scapegoated replies. I've noticed people can make fun of Christian imagery and it is ok etc but rarely Jewish, and when made toward Islam, there are 'violent' responses by Muslims.

In
Reply #42 posted 08/25/19 4:46pm

guitarslinger4

OldFriends4Sale said:

guitarslinger44 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

a lot of tip toeing around it. And people always try to bring up Jews or Christians. Scapegoated replies. I've noticed people can make fun of Christian imagery and it is ok etc but rarely Jewish, and when made toward Islam, there are 'violent' responses by Muslims.

nod
I've noticed all those things too
[Edited 8/25/19 16:47pm]
Reply #43 posted 08/25/19 4:59pm

poppys

OldFriends4Sale said:

guitarslinger44 said:

OldFriends4Sale said: No one has and I don't suspect anyone will.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmmm. Someone just did.

"I'll say it straight out: Islam is not very open to homosexuality.

But to be honest, neither is conservative Judaism or fundamentalists Christianity, or the Catholic Church ( the religion I was raised in)"

And what 'violent' responses by Muslims? Who and what are you talking about?

Reply #44 posted 08/25/19 5:03pm

guitarslinger4

poppys said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

guitarslinger44 said:

OldFriends4Sale said: No one has and I don't suspect anyone will.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmmm. Someone just did.

But to be honest, neither is conservative Judaism or fundamentalists Christianity, or the Catholic Church ( the religion I was raised in)"

Charlie Hebdo shootings, Salman Rushdie having a death sentence on his head in the Muslim world because of his book 'The Satanic Verses'

These are two I can think of off the top of my head but there are more. Any time anyone pokes fun at Islam there always seem to be death threats. And westerners seem to take that stuff seriously for some reason.

[Edited 8/25/19 17:04pm]
Reply #45 posted 08/25/19 5:11pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

poppys said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Hmmm. Someone just did.

You didn't

Only with the above bolded, to smooth it over, as you did. The thread isn't about Judaism nor Christianity, not the Catholic church.

You're not paying attention, if you don't notice the responses to anyone who says things about Islam or Mohammed. If some did a photo called Pissed Mohammed as they did one called Piss Christ with urin engulfing an image of Jesus, that photographer would have death threats.

In
Reply #46 posted 08/25/19 5:12pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

guitarslinger44 said:

poppys said:

Hmmm. Someone just did.

Charlie Hebdo shootings, Salman Rushdie having a death sentence on his head in the Muslim world because of his book 'The Satanic Verses' These are two I can think of off the top of my head but there are more. Any time anyone pokes fun at Islam there always seem to be death threats. And westerners seem to take that stuff seriously for some reason. [Edited 8/25/19 17:04pm]

Yep I noticed this for a long time. And way before 911

In
Reply #47 posted 08/25/19 5:13pm

poppys

Here's some very fine people "making fun" of Jews. Right here in the good ole USA. Folks trapped in their own synagogue at morning worship.

nazis-and-synagogue-charlottesville-1502989452.jpg

Reply #48 posted 08/25/19 5:16pm

guitarslinger4

poppys said:

Here's some very fine people "making fun" of Jews. Right here in the good ole USA. Folks trapped in their own synagogue at morning worship.

See the source image

Do you have a link to this?

I don't agree with terrorizing people but it's not the same as killing people your religion feels are lesser. Are you pro gay?

[Edited 8/25/19 17:18pm]
Reply #49 posted 08/25/19 5:22pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

don't act like we don't know of these people. Are they Islamic? No

and people don't have to be religious to be anti women or gays or ethnic groups
the NOI is also very anti homosexual, anti Jewish women in thir place
China is an atheistic government and are anti alot of this...but the thread is about Islam.
It seems you are running interference...

poppys said:

nazis-and-synagogue-charlottesville-1502989452.jpg

In
Reply #50 posted 08/25/19 5:39pm

guitarslinger4

There's definitely a lot of whataboutism that goes on when Islam is brought up that never really seems to come up for any other group that I can think of. hmmm
Reply #51 posted 08/25/19 5:54pm

poppys

What link? It's for all to see in bing images. Just a bunch of idiots that only trapped people, huh? I saw what you said before you edited it.

Posted in response to this statement - already in the thread.

I've noticed people can make fun of Christian imagery and it is ok etc but rarely Jewish, and when made toward Islam, there are 'violent' responses by Muslims.

[Edited 8/25/19 18:06pm]

Reply #52 posted 08/25/19 5:54pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

Thank you.

No I wouldn't say conservatives of any stripes are open to homosexuality, but I can't think of any other group of conservatives that are actively killing them.

[Edited 8/25/19 16:24pm]

Were the killers of Matthew Sheppard "Christians"? How about most gay bashers in America?

Or is it the usual case: if a crazy Muslim does something horrible, it's because he's Muslim. But if a crazy White Christian does something horrible, it's because he is crazy, and nobody mentions his race or religion as a factor?
Reply #53 posted 08/25/19 5:56pm

OnlyNDaUsa

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:
Thank you. No I wouldn't say conservatives of any stripes are open to homosexuality, but I can't think of any other group of conservatives that are actively killing them. [Edited 8/25/19 16:24pm]
Were the killers of Matthew Sheppard "Christians"? How about most gay bashers in America? Or is it the usual case: if a crazy Muslim does something horrible, it's because he's Muslim. But if a crazy White Christian does something horrible, it's because he is crazy, and nobody mentions his race or religion as a factor?

it is always deplorable but thank you for excusing it by playing the what about them? game!

Reply #54 posted 08/25/19 6:01pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

There's definitely a lot of whataboutism that goes on when Islam is brought up that never really seems to come up for any other group that I can think of. hmmm

ALL religions have done fucked up things if you study their history honestly, but people like to act as if only Islam is guilty of wrongdoing.

For example, The NY Times recently ran a story about how Catholic nuns traded slaves
Reply #55 posted 08/25/19 6:08pm

OnlyNDaUsa

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:
ALL religions have done fucked up things if you study their history honestly, but people like to act as if only Islam is guilty of wrongdoing. For example, The NY Times recently ran a story about how Catholic nuns traded slaves

When was that? and we all know that many nations on Africa traded slaves too!? People Suck.

Reply #56 posted 08/25/19 6:12pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

ALL religions have done fucked up things if you study their history honestly, but people like to act as if only Islam is guilty of wrongdoing. For example, The NY Times recently ran a story about how Catholic nuns traded slaves

Guess whataboutism is the new talking point here in Amerika - where everyone is equal.

Reply #57 posted 08/25/19 6:12pm

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

This is why I said that all religions have their negative elements. You don’t even have to be part of any religious group or political party to discriminate towards the LGBT community. Although some from the LGBT community have been attacked/killed by those whose beliefs, are based upon some form of religion or what some were raised to believe, that a relationship is between a man and woman.
[Edited 8/25/19 18:13pm]
Happy New Year!
Reply #58 posted 08/25/19 6:18pm

2elijah

OnlyNDaUsa said:

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

When was that? and we all know that many nations on Africa traded slaves too!? People Suck.

So did America before and after it became America. popcorn
[Edited 8/25/19 18:19pm]
Happy New Year!
Reply #59 posted 08/25/19 6:19pm

2elijah

poppys said:

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

Guess whataboutism is the new talking point here in Amerika - where everyone is equal.

Yep. Lol.
[Edited 8/25/19 18:21pm]
Happy New Year!
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Learn about Islam, haters.