independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Budget agency predicts trillion-dollar deficits for years to come, as red ink explodes
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/22/19 5:41am

cborgman

avatar

Budget agency predicts trillion-dollar deficits for years to come, as red ink explodes

Budget agency predicts trillion-dollar deficits for years to come, as red ink explodes
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News


The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a grim update Wednesday to its economic outlook for the next decade, predicting average national deficits of $1.2 trillion every year through 2029, due in large part to recent budget and border security bills.

The CBO report noted that, as one of many repercussions from free-spending policies, federal debt held by the public is projected to reach heights not seen since the 1940s, almost equaling the nation's Gross Domestic Product.
———

Edited for org compliance and sourced from fox news so people cant call it fake news.

———
What say you, right wingers? Isnt this supposed to be the main plank in your partys platform?
[Edited 8/22/19 5:44am]
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/22/19 5:45am

RodeoSchro

cborgman said:

Budget agency predicts trillion-dollar deficits for years to come, as red ink explodes By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a grim update Wednesday to its economic outlook for the next decade, predicting average national deficits of $1.2 trillion every year through 2029, due in large part to recent budget and border security bills. The CBO report noted that, as one of many repercussions from free-spending policies, federal debt held by the public is projected to reach heights not seen since the 1940s, almost equaling the nation's Gross Domestic Product.

What say you, right wingers?



I know one radical right-winger whose response is guaranteed to be "You did it too!! You did it TOO!!1! YOU DID IT TOO!!!111!!!!1!"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/22/19 5:57am

Dauphin

avatar

Cut taxes and increase spending. A bad gamble that revenues will increase. Not a conservative administration.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/22/19 6:03am

poppys

See the source image

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/22/19 1:22pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

The scary thing is that we have had a good economy and wars have been tamped down.
What happens if there is a recession?
Smh
I will hope for the best. 20somethings have had a bad deal and this will hurt them most if things go south.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/22/19 1:27pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

RodeoSchro said:



cborgman said:


Budget agency predicts trillion-dollar deficits for years to come, as red ink explodes By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a grim update Wednesday to its economic outlook for the next decade, predicting average national deficits of $1.2 trillion every year through 2029, due in large part to recent budget and border security bills. The CBO report noted that, as one of many repercussions from free-spending policies, federal debt held by the public is projected to reach heights not seen since the 1940s, almost equaling the nation's Gross Domestic Product.

What say you, right wingers?



I know one radical right-winger whose response is guaranteed to be "You did it too!! You did it TOO!!1! YOU DID IT TOO!!!111!!!!1!"



Not even that honest.
He called out Obama for the deficits under the stimulus plan, but has always been silent when a W or Trump are in office and sinking good economies.
Both he and Fox News get the talking points from the same place.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/22/19 1:49pm

RodeoSchro

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

RodeoSchro said:



I know one radical right-winger whose response is guaranteed to be "You did it too!! You did it TOO!!1! YOU DID IT TOO!!!111!!!!1!"

Not even that honest. He called out Obama for the deficits under the stimulus plan, but has always been silent when a W or Trump are in office and sinking good economies. Both he and Fox News get the talking points from the same place.




Yep.

Democrat Bill Clinton inherited a $255 billion budget deficit and turned it into a $128 billion surplus.

Republican George W. Bush inherited a $128 billion surplus and turned it into a $1.413 trillion deficit.

Democrat Barack Obama inherited a $1.413 trillion deficit and cut it by more than half, to $665 billion.

Republican Donald Trump inherited a $665 billion deficit and turned it into a $1 trillion deficit.

Anyone who thinks Republicans are fiscally conservative is stupid.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/22/19 3:11pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

you got to love it when you do not even have to post to be talked about! HaHa Winning!

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/22/19 3:11pm

13cjk13

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

RodeoSchro said: Not even that honest. He called out Obama for the deficits under the stimulus plan, but has always been silent when a W or Trump are in office and sinking good economies. Both he and Fox News get the talking points from the same place.




Yep.

Democrat Bill Clinton inherited a $255 billion budget deficit and turned it into a $128 billion surplus.

Republican George W. Bush inherited a $128 billion surplus and turned it into a $1.413 trillion deficit.

Democrat Barack Obama inherited a $1.413 trillion deficit and cut it by more than half, to $665 billion.

Republican Donald Trump inherited a $665 billion deficit and turned it into a $1 trillion deficit.

Anyone who thinks Republicans are fiscally conservative is stupid.


Why do you hate Amurrika?

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/22/19 3:19pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

But yeah this is so stupid. As far as I know the only time we had a balanced budget was under the leadership of Newt forcing it down Clinton's likely rapist, possible pedophile, unrepentant serial adulterer, and known purgerer throat...which lead to a Projected surplus... getting the checks under bush was nice and needed at the time but maybe short sighted...

and given how the president rightfuly railed against barack he is made to look like more of a liar and business fraud.

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/22/19 3:21pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

RodeoSchro said: Not even that honest. He called out Obama for the deficits under the stimulus plan, but has always been silent when a W or Trump are in office and sinking good economies. Both he and Fox News get the talking points from the same place.




Yep.

Democrat Bill Clinton inherited a $255 billion budget deficit and turned it into a $128 billion surplus.

Republican George W. Bush inherited a $128 billion surplus and turned it into a $1.413 trillion deficit.

Democrat Barack Obama inherited a $1.413 trillion deficit and cut it by more than half, to $665 billion.

Republican Donald Trump inherited a $665 billion deficit and turned it into a $1 trillion deficit.

Anyone who thinks Republicans are fiscally conservative is stupid.


you mean Newt did but even then it was projected. And a deficit is little more than spending more than they planned... the real issue is they all spent more than they took in... borrowing is not income.

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/22/19 3:54pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

OnlyNDaUsa said:

But yeah this is so stupid. As far as I know the only time we had a balanced budget was under the leadership of Newt forcing it down Clinton's likely rapist, possible pedophile, unrepentant serial adulterer, and known purgerer throat...which lead to a Projected surplus... getting the checks under bush was nice and needed at the time but maybe short sighted...

and given how the president rightfuly railed against barack he is made to look like more of a liar and business fraud.


Compared to Turd and W?

Like REAL "stable genius"

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/22/19 4:51pm

guitarslinger4
4

avatar

Republicans haven't been fiscally conservative since Bush 1.

But a lot of this is symptomatic of the culture of borrowing the money and kicking the can down the road for someone else to pay back. It's not surprising that boomers who won't be here in another 10-20 years don't care about the debt they won't have to pay back personally. This kind of stuff is why millions of Americans are neck deep in debt, and culture moving upward, of course that would infect the government too.

All I know is, if they stop using the US dollar as the petrodollar, the US is FUCKED.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/23/19 6:43am

RodeoSchro

guitarslinger44 said:

Republicans haven't been fiscally conservative since Bush 1.

But a lot of this is symptomatic of the culture of borrowing the money and kicking the can down the road for someone else to pay back. It's not surprising that boomers who won't be here in another 10-20 years don't care about the debt they won't have to pay back personally. This kind of stuff is why millions of Americans are neck deep in debt, and culture moving upward, of course that would infect the government too.

All I know is, if they stop using the US dollar as the petrodollar, the US is FUCKED.



I believe we agree fully on this!

I had a heated argument with a Republican friend my age (60) last year, regarding the Disasterous Trump Tax Cuts and our deficit. He tried to defend them but finally had to admit that yes, they would increase the deficit. I argued that this would be injurious to our country at some point and his response was: "Why do you care? You and I won't be here when that happens".

WTF? This guy has kids and grandkids, who presumably WILL be here when the shit hits the fan. I asked him if he cared about what he was leaving his kids and his grandkids in terms of a national debt/threat to our country's very existence.

Naturally, he got mad and left. Because he didn't want to admit that all he cared about was himself, and screw everyone else.

THAT is the typical Republican mindset. They only play for the name on the back of the jersey; to hell with the name on the front.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/23/19 6:49am

RodeoSchro

LMFAO, I have to laugh at ill-informed trolls who think Newt Gingrich had anything at all to do with the budget surpluses that were created solely by Clinton's tax increase.

I'd ask the troll to provide support for such a ridiculous assertion but as we know, this particular troll will not ever do that. Which, of course, proves all he does is troll.

He's already had one account deleted for this kind of stuff. Frankly I'm surprised he's putting his new account at risk by doing the same thing but as they say:


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/23/19 9:19am

13cjk13

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

LMFAO, I have to laugh at ill-informed trolls who think Newt Gingrich had anything at all to do with the budget surpluses that were created solely by Clinton's tax increase.

I'd ask the troll to provide support for such a ridiculous assertion but as we know, this particular troll will not ever do that. Which, of course, proves all he does is troll.

He's already had one account deleted for this kind of stuff. Frankly I'm surprised he's putting his new account at risk by doing the same thing but as they say:


Sounds like our little troll is becoming more unhinged with each bat shit crazy post!! lol lol lol

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/23/19 9:46am

Empress

OnlyNDaUsa said:

you got to love it when you do not even have to post to be talked about! HaHa Winning!

Um, didn't Charlie Sheen say the same thing? We all know what's happened to him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Budget agency predicts trillion-dollar deficits for years to come, as red ink explodes