independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Puerto Rico Gov watch out, they're comin for you
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

poppys

Puerto Rico Gov watch out, they're comin for you

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Embattled-Puerto-Rico-Gov-Ricardo-Rossello-Summons-Cabinet-Amid-Protests-513009761.html

Embattled Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló Will Not Seek Re-Election, Still Not Resigning From Office Amid Protests

A massive protest is scheduled for Monday in San Juan

Published Jul 21, 2019 at 5:59 PM | Updated 2 hours ago

...By late Sunday night, protestors were back on the street and involved in confrontations with law enforcement from the country - with several protestors suffering from tear gas used in an effort to control them.

Rosselló made the announcement on Facebook just before 6 p.m. as thousands of protesters have descended onto the streets of Old San Juan in the past week to demand Rosselló resign after a series of online chats were leaked.

"In spite of everything, I recognize that apologizing isn't enough, that only my work will help restore confidence ...," the governor said. "Facing that scenario, I announce to you that I will not seek reelection next year."

Just hours after Rosselló spoke, another top official submitted his resignation from the government...

...Rosselló on Tuesday held a press conference in which he promised to stay in his post to ensure "continuity in government."

"I have not committed any illegal acts, I only committed improper acts," Rosselló said.

In the chats on the encrypted messaging app Telegram, Rosselló calls one New York female politician of Puerto Rican background a "whore," describes another as a "daughter of a b****" and makes fun of an obese man he posed with in a photo.

Protesters said they were not satisfied by Rosselló's concessions, and pledged to continue demonstrations that have filled the streets of Old San Juan for more than a week...

Sounds like Agent Orange, huh?

[Edited 7/22/19 17:08pm]

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/22/19 5:19am

poppys

See the source image

Reply #2 posted 07/22/19 5:25am

2elijah

He’s an idiot. I don’t blame the people of Puerto Rico for trying to kick him out. He has no morals or values. They don’t need a carbon copy of trump. Kick
him out.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
Reply #3 posted 07/22/19 6:46am

poppys

2elijah said:

He’s an idiot. I don’t blame the people of Puerto Rico for trying to kick him out. He has no morals or values. They don’t need a carbon copy of trump. Kick him out.

nod Besides being a major asshole, he mis-managed the Hurricane Maria recovery so badly. The artist link in the OP is pretty interesting regarding Lin Manuel bringing Hamilton to the island to raise money and how Rossello tried to take credit for it. Just a part of what was exposed in the chats.

Reply #4 posted 07/23/19 6:51am

2freaky4church

They know how to protest.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #5 posted 07/25/19 5:35am

poppys

POWER TO THE PEOPLE, POWER TO THE PEOPLE RIGHT ON !!! headbang

Puerto Rico leader Ricardo Rossello to resign next week

July 25 (UPI) -- After weeks of sometimes-violent demonstrations opposing his leadership, embattled Puerto Rico leader Ricardo Rossello said he will leave office next month.

Reply #6 posted 07/25/19 5:40am

2elijah

poppys said:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE, POWER TO THE PEOPLE RIGHT ON !!! headbang

Puerto Rico leader Ricardo Rossello to resign next week

July 25 (UPI) -- After weeks of sometimes-violent demonstrations opposing his leadership, embattled Puerto Rico leader Ricardo Rossello said he will leave office next month.

Excellent.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Puerto Rico Gov watch out, they're comin for you