independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 20th Aug 2019 7:51am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > AOC vs Pelosi ; Congressional Black Caucus vs Justice Democrats
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Pokeno4Money

AOC vs Pelosi ; Congressional Black Caucus vs Justice Democrats

Gotta love how AOC pulled out the race card once again, falsely claiming Pelosi has been criticizing the four radical progressives only because of their skin colour when we all know it's because those four newbies are the ones who are showing the most disrespect and ignorance as they care only about their own demographics and they continue to embarass themselves with their behaviour.

As we all know, AOC grew up in a predominantly white upper class neighbourhood with mostly white friends. She didn't become a POC in the public's eye and move into a predominantly Hispanic neighbourhood until she was getting into politics. Quite convenient. lol

So who will be the winner of all this? I'm picking Pelosi and the CBC for the win.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/07/13/an-increasingly-public-rift-is-widening-between-aocs-camp-and-the-democratic-establishment/23769122/

"All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world. But they didn't have any following. They're four people and that's how many votes they got," Pelosi told The New York Times recently, referring to four freshmen lawmakers.

Ocasio-Cortez responded by accusing Pelosi of "singling out" four women of color — a move she called "outright disrespectful."

Late last week, a senior Democratic aide called Justice Democrats — the group that backed Ocasio-Cortez's 2018 primary — "trust fund kids who are funding this with their parents' money."

And members of the Congressional Black Caucus took aim at Ocasio-Cortez and Justice Democrats, which is supporting other primary challenges, including against CBC members, in blue districts in 2020.

[Edited 7/14/19 5:37am]

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/14/19 4:38pm

djThunderfunk

The democrats are tearing themselves apart going into the election cycle, guess they want trump to win again.

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #2 posted 07/14/19 6:12pm

djThunderfunk

Tim Pool gets it right: Every time the far left pushes a centrist to the right, it's a win for the right. The left needs to cool it with attacking centrists and labelling us far-right to have any chance next year.

https://www.youtube.com/w...jjfNRyQ83k

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #3 posted 07/14/19 7:21pm

Pokeno4Money

djThunderfunk said:

Tim Pool gets it right: Every time the far left pushes a centrist to the right, it's a win for the right. The left needs to cool it with attacking centrists and labelling us far-right to have any chance next year.

https://www.youtube.com/w...jjfNRyQ83k

I completely agree. I said all along, it was the behaviour of Hillary and her supporters that helped Trump win more than anything. You can't rig your own primaries, disrupt your opponent's rallies with thugs hired to start violence, rig debates by giving your candidate the questions in advance, and try to intimidate people into voting for your candidate, and then expect to win over moderates and independents.

The Democratic party has devolved into an angry, ugly mess. And it's only helping Trump.

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

Reply #4 posted 07/14/19 7:34pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

It would be nice if republicans were like this. Discussing racism and challenging the states quo.
Do you think it’s because they’re all racists or just stupid?
Reply #5 posted 07/14/19 7:50pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

...and isn’t it odd/interesting that you regulars on the right wing posting side choose to speak out only when it tickles your partisan bones. lol
Reply #6 posted 07/14/19 7:55pm

djThunderfunk

I don't think it's a good thing at all that the Democrats are practically handing 2020 to trump, but that's exactly what they're doing when they tear themselves apart like this. It would be nice if someone sensible like Tulsi Gabbard would get the nomination, but she's too reasonable so that will never happen.

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #7 posted 07/14/19 8:19pm

jjhunsecker

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

It would be nice if republicans were like this. Discussing racism and challenging the states quo. Do you think it’s because they’re all racists or just stupid?

Most are a bit of both, in varying degrees

Reply #8 posted 07/14/19 8:19pm

Pokeno4Money

The Dems created the monster, now they are paying for it.

Simple as that.

Reply #9 posted 07/14/19 8:30pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Pokeno4Money said:

Simple as that.

Persistent Turd? Yikes. They must pay!!!
Reply #10 posted 07/14/19 8:37pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

djThunderfunk said:

I don't think it's a good thing at all that the Democrats are practically handing 2020 to trump, but that's exactly what they're doing when they tear themselves apart like this. It would be nice if someone sensible like Tulsi Gabbard would get the nomination, but she's too reasonable so that will never happen.

I don’t mind. It shows what we all know about the party. It is like trying to herd cats where no one wants to follow lock-step.
I agree in one sense in that these stray cats tend to shoot themselves in he foot and tend to rally around in circular firing squads. Especially the younger members. All spit and vinegar.
Reply #11 posted 07/15/19 6:19am

RodeoSchro

Pokeno4Money said:

Simple as that.

Maybe they WERE paying for it but unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump united them over the weekend with his racist tweets and follow-ups.

Do you condemn his racism?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #12 posted 07/15/19 8:02am

2freaky4church

I'm gonna softly chide AOC as well. She was wrong to say it was about women of color. Sure, Pelosi is a piece of shit but the reason is because she is a corporatist who hates her left flank.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #13 posted 07/15/19 11:07am

guitarslinger4

"Singling out women of color?" lol As if it had ANYTHING to do with that whatsoever. AOC needs someone to proofread her tweets before she sends them just like Trump does. She and her "women of color" contingent are the Dem version of the Tea Party as of right now. lol

[Edited 7/15/19 11:07am]

Reply #14 posted 07/15/19 4:50pm

Pokeno4Money

RodeoSchro said:

Pokeno4Money said:

Simple as that.

Maybe they WERE paying for it but unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump united them over the weekend with his racist tweets and follow-ups.

I condemn all people's racism.

Problem is, some people aren't satisfied with all the legit reasons to dislike the guy ... so they become the boy who cried wolf racism every time he opens his mouth against a POC.

It's no secret there are radical liberals who are hellbent on turning people against Trump, and make shit up trying to achieve that goal.

The problem with that approach? After several times of falsely crying wolf racism, they lose all credibility and get tuned out. No different than Jussie claiming he was attacked by Trump supporters.

I mean, how stupid can they be? Don't they realize instead of turning people against Trump, they are pursuading people to support him.

61MXXmf6BHL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

[Edited 7/15/19 16:51pm]

Reply #15 posted 07/16/19 6:35am

2freaky4church

Morning Joe had a very thoughtful conversation about how evangelicals sold their souls for the racist in chief. Pokeno needs to watch this.

AOC scares them because she is the next faze in ridding this country of fascism and Capitalism.

Reply #16 posted 07/16/19 6:44am

djThunderfunk

2freaky4church1 said:

Morning Joe had a very thoughtful conversation about how evangelicals sold their souls for the racist in chief. Pokeno needs to watch this.

AOC scares them because she is the next faze in ridding this country of fascism and Capitalism.

AOC doesn't scare anybody. The right is laughing at her and most of the left is embarassed about her.

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #17 posted 07/16/19 7:39am

2elijah

djThunderfunk said:

2freaky4church1 said:

AOC doesn't scare anybody. The right is laughing at her and most of the left is embarassed about her.

Are you kidding? Of course the coward-ass righties are afraid of her... she has their crazed leader going on a tweet storm, because she has no fear on calling that POS pot on his bs. Lol.

It’s really hilarious that trump thinks he has the authority to tell Americans, who criticize/disagree with his/his administrations’ policies, to leave the country. Had all those people during the civil rights era, fighting for human rights were told to leave the country, if they didn’t like the injustices that they were fighting against, then the racists who allowed Jim Crow laws/segregation, etc., would have won.
[Edited 7/16/19 7:56am]
Reply #18 posted 07/16/19 7:48am

2freaky4church

Because she is a moral force for good. Unlike our blowhards here.

Reply #19 posted 07/16/19 7:59am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

2freaky4church1 said:

Because she is a moral force for good. Unlike our blowhards here.

You do know you and the likes of pokeno4money are exactly the same right?

Reply #20 posted 07/16/19 8:14am

djThunderfunk

At the Netroots Nation Conference this weekend Ayanna Pressley said:

"If you’re not prepared to come to that table and represent that voice, don’t come, because we don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice."

It's racist to insist every person of color must have the same political values.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCli-ORuoSw

[Edited 7/16/19 8:15am]

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #21 posted 07/16/19 8:22am

jjhunsecker

I'm in AOC's district.

Trump and the GOP and Fox see her as their worst nightmare- a Latin young female who is not afraid to speak her mind. Her actual politics are pretty much irrelevant to them- it's all about her "identity "
Reply #22 posted 07/16/19 8:24am

djThunderfunk

Yeah! Because her politics ARE all about identity. lol

[Edited 7/16/19 8:25am]

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #23 posted 07/16/19 8:25am

jjhunsecker

Pokeno4Money said:

RodeoSchro said:

Pokeno4Money said:

Simple as that.

I condemn all people's racism.

Problem is, some people aren't satisfied with all the legit reasons to dislike the guy ... so they become the boy who cried wolf racism every time he opens his mouth against a POC.

It's no secret there are radical liberals who are hellbent on turning people against Trump, and make shit up trying to achieve that goal.

The problem with that approach? After several times of falsely crying wolf racism, they lose all credibility and get tuned out. No different than Jussie claiming he was attacked by Trump supporters.

I mean, how stupid can they be? Don't they realize instead of turning people against Trump, they are pursuading people to support him.

61MXXmf6BHL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

[Edited 7/15/19 16:51pm]

The only people "persuaded " to vote for Trump, Stephen, are those who share his racial animosities, or aren't bothered by them
Reply #24 posted 07/16/19 8:32am

jjhunsecker

I waiting for someone to give us a rational definition of the overused and cliched phrase "identity politics ".

Usually it just means that minorities or women or gays are organizing for their rights and benefits..., and I DON'T LIKE IT!

So let's see what definition of this loaded expression they try to palm off on us
Reply #25 posted 07/16/19 9:54am

13cjk13

jjhunsecker said:

I waiting for someone to give us a rational definition of the overused and cliched phrase "identity politics ". Usually it just means that minorities or women or gays are organizing for their rights and benefits..., and I DON'T LIKE IT! So let's see what definition of this loaded expression they try to palm off on us

Wait while they access Breitbart, Newsmax and Fox for their bat shit crazy

answer..................

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #26 posted 07/16/19 10:45am

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

I waiting for someone to give us a rational definition of the overused and cliched phrase "identity politics ".

Usually it just means that minorities or women or gays are organizing for their rights and benefits..., and I DON'T LIKE IT!

So let's see what definition of this loaded expression they try to palm off on us

Isn’t it amazing that some folks get pissed because decent human beings call trump out on his often racist comments? It’s like we’re just suppose to shut-the-f-up and take the abuse/lies/disrespect, and then that asswipe thinks he has some special privilege, to tell four Congress women of color, and other Americans, that they could leave the country if they criticize or complain about his policies or any of America's injustices?

This repub admin and trump seem to have travelled from the mindset of the 1620s, into 2019. Can you just imagine what they would have been like during the slavery era?

The guy embraces white nationalists and admitted to being a nationalist. So is it now wrong to stand up for human rights and decency? With the silence from the republicans in Congress and McConnell and Graham never condemning trump for his racist comments, that only confirms they support his racial ignorance.
Reply #27 posted 07/16/19 10:49am

13cjk13

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:
I waiting for someone to give us a rational definition of the overused and cliched phrase "identity politics ". Usually it just means that minorities or women or gays are organizing for their rights and benefits..., and I DON'T LIKE IT! So let's see what definition of this loaded expression they try to palm off on us
Isn’t it amazing that some folks get pissed because decent human beings call trump out on his often racist comments? It’s like we’re just suppose to shut-the-f-up and take the abuse/lies/disrespect, and then that asswipe thinks he has some special privilege, to tell four Congress women of color, and other Americans, that they could leave the country if they criticize or complain about his policies or any of America's injustices? This repub admin and trump seem to have travelled from the mindset of the 1620s, into 2019. Can you just imagine what they would have been like during the slavery era? The guy embraces white nationalists and admitted to being a nationalist. So is it now wrong to stand up for human rights and decency? With the silence from the republicans in Congress and McConnell and Graham never condemning trump for his racist comments, that only confirms they support his racial ignorance.

Spot on. It is really mind boggling. I can't even recognize this country any more.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #28 posted 07/16/19 10:57am

jjhunsecker

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:

Isn’t it amazing that some folks get pissed because decent human beings call trump out on his often racist comments? It’s like we’re just suppose to shut-the-f-up and take the abuse/lies/disrespect, and then that asswipe thinks he has some special privilege, to tell four Congress women of color, and other Americans, that they could leave the country if they criticize or complain about his policies or any of America's injustices?

This repub admin and trump seem to have travelled from the mindset of the 1620s, into 2019. Can you just imagine what they would have been like during the slavery era?

The guy embraces white nationalists and admitted to being a nationalist. So is it now wrong to stand up for human rights and decency? With the silence from the republicans in Congress and McConnell and Graham never condemning trump for his racist comments, that only confirms they support his racial ignorance.

And as I mentioned before, Trump himself was extremely critical of "America " from January 2009 to January 2017. Why the fuck didn't HE leave and go back to wherever he came from??
Reply #29 posted 07/16/19 10:57am

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

And as I mentioned before, Trump himself was extremely critical of "America " from January 2009 to January 2017. Why the fuck didn't HE leave and go back to wherever he came from??

Exactly! clapping
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > AOC vs Pelosi ; Congressional Black Caucus vs Justice Democrats