independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 10th Dec 2019 5:10am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Crying Boy Begging His Father Not to Call Police on Black Man
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Crying Boy Begging His Father Not to Call Police on Black Man

It never seems to end. People don't seem to learn. The level of privilege some people feel they have over others still astounds me.

i don't know how to imbed videos anymore but hit the link and tell me what you think.

https://youtu.be/r8OFvN5Cs8o

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/10/19 12:31pm

2elijah

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

It never seems to end. People don't seem to learn. The level of privilege some people feel they have over others still astounds me.

i don't know how to imbed videos anymore but hit the link and tell me what you think.

I can’t get the vid to post here either, but anyway, unfortunately, this situation is a common experience, for many Black American men in this country. Somehow I wasn’t surprised when I saw it on the news yesterday. It won’t stop anytime soon. Just another day of racial profiling. He did the best thing by recording it though, and showed it to the police when they arrived at the scene. The guy wrote a written apology to the Black Engineer he confronted, but that doesn’t change the embarrassment and degradation he experienced.

[Edited 7/10/19 12:41pm]
Reply #2 posted 07/10/19 12:39pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

2elijah said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

I can’t get the vid to post here either, but anyway, unfortunately, this situation is a common experience, for many Black American men in this country. Somehow I wasn’t surprised when I saw it on the news yesterday. It won’t stop anytime soon. Just another day of racial profiling. He did the best thing by recording it though, and showed it to the police when they arrived at the scene.

[Edited 7/10/19 12:37pm]

Well hopefully it’s a generational thing that dies with these people. The kid knows what’s up. This generation is more sensitive to these things. Though it’s not like the father is that old. He should know better.
Reply #3 posted 07/10/19 12:42pm

2elijah

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

2elijah said:

I can’t get the vid to post here either, but anyway, unfortunately, this situation is a common experience, for many Black American men in this country. Somehow I wasn’t surprised when I saw it on the news yesterday. It won’t stop anytime soon. Just another day of racial profiling. He did the best thing by recording it though, and showed it to the police when they arrived at the scene.

[Edited 7/10/19 12:37pm]

Well hopefully it’s a generational thing that dies with these people. The kid knows what’s up. This generation is more sensitive to these things. Though it’s not like the father is that old. He should know better.

Got to hand it to his son. A lesson the father can learn.
Reply #4 posted 07/10/19 12:45pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

2elijah said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Got to hand it to his son. A lesson the father can learn.

Yep, I’m sure everyone is giving the boy props, even his father when he realizes what a ass he made of himself. He was warned.
Reply #5 posted 07/10/19 7:06pm

OnlyNDaUsa

damn... that is messed up. the scum said his number... i called it... it is not is service!

EDIT:

So his name is known. He works for YouTube and is trying to say race was not a motive.

Some news links

https://www.cnn.com/2019/...index.html

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/youtube-employee-calls-police-black-man-san-francisco

https://ktla.com/2019/07/...im-not-to/

[Edited 7/10/19 19:29pm]

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #6 posted 07/11/19 4:23am

maplenpg

Dare I say that Cuckor's statement on the incident sounded quite fair to me? boxed

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #7 posted 07/11/19 6:28am

djThunderfunk

maplenpg said:

Dare I say that Cuckor's statement on the incident sounded quite fair to me? boxed

Better not... lol

Seriously though, IF he called the cops BECAUSE the guy is black, THEN he was being racist.

BUT....

It is common sense to not let a stranger into your building without verifying that they belong.

The stranger refused to verify he belonged and in fact told the guy to just leave.

And he seemed very eager to "expose a racist" on youtube.

And what about that odd statement that it's "illegal to call the cops on black people"?

I would rather be accused of racism then let a stranger into the building without verifying that he belonged. If my father had been murdered by a tresspasser, even more so.

But this is (current year) and a white person calling cops on a black person might not really be "illegal" but it is socially unacceptable. So.... RACISM!!

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
Reply #8 posted 07/11/19 6:35am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

maplenpg said:

Lol. I seriously, seriously doubt if the guy was white, that this whole thing would have happened.
Reply #9 posted 07/11/19 6:41am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

one of the links says that calling the cops is a death threat!

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #10 posted 07/11/19 6:45am

djThunderfunk

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

maplenpg said:

Lol. I seriously, seriously doubt if the guy was white, that this whole thing would have happened.

Is it no longer common sense to verify a stranger belongs before allowing them in your building?
Is it always racist if the stranger is black and the resident is white?

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #11 posted 07/11/19 6:47am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

djThunderfunk said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

maplenpg said:

Is it no longer common sense to verify a stranger belongs before allowing them in your building?

Was he the security guard?
Reply #12 posted 07/11/19 7:00am

djThunderfunk

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

djThunderfunk said:

He lives there. When he left a stranger entered as he opened the door.

One does not need to be a security guard to use common sense.

I googled: "are residents responsible for who they let in building"

The first link that came up,

https://www.thiestalle.co...rules.html

a Resident Handbook for a property management firm says this:

"Do not allow strangers or residents’ guests access to the building while you are entering or leaving the building. If you see any activity or loitering that looks suspicious, please contact the office, the police, or call 911 at once."

I don't see a security guard present in the video. This was up to the resident and common sense dictates that he did the right thing.

If he had let the stranger in because of a fear of being labeled racist, and then the stranger committed a crime in the building such as a robbery or assault, he would share responsibility for allowing them access.

I would be suspicious of any stranger that refused to verify they belonged and told me to just go away. If they belong, why not verify for EVERYBODY's safety, including the friend the stranger was there to visit.

Again. Does common sense go out the window if the resident is white and the stranger is black? Does potential accusataions of racism trump common sense?

[Edited 7/11/19 7:04am]

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #13 posted 07/11/19 7:03am

2elijah

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

maplenpg said:

I doubt it would have happened that way if the guy was White. Let’s be honest, and call it what it was...racial profiling. It’s like his ‘race’ antenna went off immediately with an ‘alert!’ signal when he saw the Black guy entering the building.

There are some who will refuse to understand that these types of racial profiling incidents, are real, and happen to many Black men across the country on a daily basis, and to Black women as well. So it wouldn’t surprise me if anyone tried to condone the White guy’s actions.

He even accused the Black guy of threatening him, because the Black guy told him he was going to film it, and it would go viral. In the country we live in today, racial profiling still exists, so the Black guy was right to film it to protect himself, if the police came. There’s a lot of ignorant, racist asswipes out there, who think they have some special privilege to stop Black Americans and demand their ID. They often treat them like criminals, because of the racist mindset they already have of then, and treat us as though we are foreigners to a country that is our country of birth. I’m glad he filmed the incident. The guy’s approach was rude and condescending.

Now it’s fine if anyone doesn’t agree with my opinion of this, as it will not surprise me, at all, if some will try to twist this (Just give it a few mins and wait and see..popcorn what else is new?) but I stand by my opinion of this incident regardless, because too many of these incidents happen to many innocent Black Americans.
[Edited 7/11/19 8:14am]
Reply #14 posted 07/11/19 7:09am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

djThunderfunk said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

djThunderfunk said: Was he the security guard?

He lives there. When he left a stranger entered as he opened the door.

One does not need to be a security guard to use common sense.

I googled: "are residents responsible for who they let in building"

The first link that came up,

https://www.thiestalle.co...rules.html

a Resident Handbook for a property management firm says this:

"Do not allow strangers or residents’ guests access to the building while you are entering or leaving the building. If you see any activity or loitering that looks suspicious, please contact the office, the police, or call 911 at once."

I don't see a security guard present in the video. This was up to the resident and common sense dictates that he did the right thing.

If he had let the stranger in because of a fear of being labeled racist, and then the stranger committed a crime in the building such as a robbery or assault, he would share responsibility for allowing them access.

I would be suspicious of any stranger that refused to verify they belonged and told me to just go away. If they belong, why not verify for EVERYBODY's safety, including the friend the stranger was there to visit.

Again. Does common sense go out the window if the resident is white and the stranger is black? Does potential accusataions of racism trump common sense?

[Edited 7/11/19 7:04am]

Good point.

but I know I don't personally go out of my way and decide who is or who is not allowed in my neighborhood.

I do have a security cameras that automatically record and ring as someone approaches my doors and notifies me.

Reply #15 posted 07/11/19 7:10am

djThunderfunk

2elijah said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:
I doubt it would have happened that way if the guy was White. Let’s be honest, and call it what it was...racial profiling. It’s like his ‘race’ antenna went off immediately with an ‘alert!’ signal when he saw the Black guy entering the building. There are some who will refuse to understand that these types of racial profiling incidents, are real, and happen to many Black men across the country on a daily basis, and to Black women as well. So it wouldn’t surprise me if anyone tried to condone the White guy’s actions. He even accused the Black guy of threatening him, because the Black guy told him he was going to film it, and it would go viral. In the country we live in today, racial profiling still exists, so the Black guy was right to film it to protect himself, if the police came. There’s a lot of ignorant, racist asswipes out there, who think they have some special privilege to stop Black Americans and demand their ID. They often treat them like criminals, because of the racist mindset they already have of then, and treat us as though we are foreigners to a country that is our country of birth. I’m glad he filmed the incident. The guy’s approach was rude and condescending.

Yes. Let's be "honest". Has it not always been considered common sense to not let a stranger into a closed residential building without verifying they belong?

Is that no longer the case if the resident is white and the stranger is black?

What's rude is refusing to say who he was there to visit, "I don't have to tell you shit!"

Maybe you believe it's true that it's now "illegal to call the cops on a black person"?
Or maybe it's just always racist, regardless of common sense?

[Edited 7/11/19 7:11am]

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #16 posted 07/11/19 7:11am

OnlyNDaUsa

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

djThunderfunk said:

that has Zero relevance

Reply #17 posted 07/11/19 7:16am

djThunderfunk

When you leave a secured building you do not allow a stranger access without verifying that they belong. Ever. Regardless of race.

If you do so in a residential building you can be held responsible for any criminal activity that happens and possible evicted depending on the rental/residential agreement. If you do so at your business you can be fired.

I guess now we throw common sense safety precautions out the window out of fear of being percieved as racist?

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #18 posted 07/11/19 7:19am

djThunderfunk

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

djThunderfunk said: Was he the security guard?

that has Zero relevance

I guess it's no surprise that people that think it's bad to use deadly force to protect one's home would likewise think it's bad to use common sense to secure it.

NuanceBro explains why someone in San Francisco would be cautious:

https://www.youtube.com/w...amp;t=639s

[Edited 7/11/19 7:21am]

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #19 posted 07/11/19 7:22am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

djThunderfunk said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

that has Zero relevance

I guess it's no surprise that people that think it's bad to use deadly force to protect one's home would likewise think it's bad to use common sense to secure it.

Ok ok. I get you guys are coming from.

..and I admit I am far more easy going in my daily life than most people, but I admit that there is a good case made by you guys. Props.

Reply #20 posted 07/11/19 7:22am

OnlyNDaUsa

djThunderfunk said:

When you leave a secured building you do not allow a stranger access without verifying that they belong. Ever. Regardless of race.

If you do so in a residential building you can be held responsible for any criminal activity that happens and possible evicted depending on the rental/residential agreement. If you do so at your business you can be fired.

I guess now we throw common sense safety precautions out the window out of fear of being percieved as racist?

Yeah the man did not live there. And it seems from the video the person he was there to visit was not there either. So he should have waited until his friend got there. We do not know what is in the caller's heart but to assume because he is white that he must have been racist is actual race-based bigotry.

that being said: the caller should have just not let him into the building and left it at that.

Reply #21 posted 07/11/19 7:48am

2freaky4church

Quit with the excuses, this is racism.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #22 posted 07/11/19 7:49am

djThunderfunk

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

djThunderfunk said:

Ok ok. I get you guys are coming from.

..and I admit I am far more easy going in my daily life than most people, but I admit that there is a good case made by you guys. Props.

Props to you for the civil debate.

Honestly, I get it. I'm easy going too, AND, have been trained all my life to hold the door for strangers and thank them when they do so for me. It's a southern politeness thing. When I've been in situations (college dorms, apartments, businesses) that require residents or employees to be vigilant about secured doors and not allow any stranger access without verification, I've had to train myself to suppress such automatic politeness in favor of security. Too bad we don't live in a world where such things are not an issue.

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #23 posted 07/11/19 7:58am

OnlyNDaUsa

2freaky4church1 said:

that is your assumption based on the race of the people involved... there has got to be a word for that?

and I am not sure anyone is saying it is clearly not at least in part race based... but it was at least based on the facts that the man doesn't live there and the person he was there to see was not at home and that the man did try to get in without being let in by someone who knew him.

Reply #24 posted 07/11/19 8:05am

2freaky4church

They have done studies. White people, even black people, when showed black faces and white faces they say that black faces are more fearsome, younger black men are seen as older. Trayvon Martin was seen by that driving Psycho as a man.

Reply #25 posted 07/11/19 8:06am

OnlyNDaUsa

2freaky4church1 said:

They have done studies. White people, even black people, when showed black faces and white faces they say that black faces are more fearsome, younger black men are seen as older. Trayvon Martin was seen by that driving Psycho as a man.

and your point is what?

Reply #26 posted 07/11/19 8:06am

djThunderfunk

OnlyNDaUsa said:

2freaky4church1 said:

that is your assumption based on the race of the people involved... there has got to be a word for that?

and I am not sure anyone is saying it is clearly not at least in part race based... but it was at least based on the facts that the man doesn't live there and the person he was there to see was not at home and that the man did try to get in without being let in by someone who knew him.

In fact he REFUSED to verify he belonged and told the resident to just go away.

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #27 posted 07/11/19 8:07am

2freaky4church

lol

Reply #28 posted 07/11/19 8:08am

djThunderfunk

2freaky4church1 said:

What does that have to do with common sense building security?

Have you ever lived or worked in a secured building in which you could be held responsible for letting in unauthorized strangers without verifying they belong?

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #29 posted 07/11/19 8:17am

2freaky4church

You remember that story where they had apartment buildings with poor entrances? People with subsidized apartments had to enter different than rich.

Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Crying Boy Begging His Father Not to Call Police on Black Man