independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump rape and sexual assault allegations
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 06/26/19 11:16am

RodeoSchro

guitarslinger44 said:

It's unfortunate what happened to this woman (and I'm 9/10 sure it happened), but none of this really matters. We're only talking about it because it's grist for the media industrial complex to bolster ratings and profits.

If this is a political ploy, joke's on whoever thought this would be any different than the last 1500 times issues of Trump's conduct and character were brought up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah, the joke's on us. I guess if we'll accept rape, we'll accept anything.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 06/26/19 11:47am

poppys

djThunderfunk said:

RodeoSchro said:

Completely irrelevant (and factually incorrect), but nice try.

Hey - let's assume that what you just pulled out of a dark place is 100% correct. And let's assume that your complete mischaracterization of Carroll's comments are somehow accurate.

In what way does that disprove her allegation? Remember - she has two corroborating witnesses who back up her story.

I can no more disprove her story than you (or she) can prove it.

If PROOF is a prerequisite then you believing her kooky story holds no more water than me not believing it.

Easy - all you have to do is say Trump is too (fill in the blank since he isn't scrawny) to rape somebody. Her fault, case closed. We can all leave our homes in safety now.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #122 posted 06/26/19 12:15pm

djThunderfunk

poppys said:

djThunderfunk said:

If PROOF is a prerequisite then you believing her kooky story holds no more water than me not believing it.

Easy - all you have to do is say Trump is too (fill in the blank since he isn't scrawny) to rape somebody. Her fault, case closed. We can all leave our homes in safety now.

falloff lol lol evillol GOOD ONE!! biggrin lol lol

Censorship is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is doing it or how noble their motivation.
Reply #123 posted 06/26/19 12:51pm

RodeoSchro

poppys said:

djThunderfunk said:

Sadly, that is how some people think.

Reply #124 posted 06/26/19 2:11pm

guitarslinger4

RodeoSchro said:

guitarslinger44 said:

It's unfortunate what happened to this woman (and I'm 9/10 sure it happened), but none of this really matters. We're only talking about it because it's grist for the media industrial complex to bolster ratings and profits.

If this is a political ploy, joke's on whoever thought this would be any different than the last 1500 times issues of Trump's conduct and character were brought up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I've read, she was assaulted, not raped. Which still isn't a good thing, and it's not about "accepting rape." It's about celebrity gossip masquerading as real political news.
Reply #125 posted 06/26/19 2:29pm

RodeoSchro

guitarslinger44 said:

RodeoSchro said:

From what I've read, she was assaulted, not raped. Which still isn't a good thing, and it's not about "accepting rape." It's about celebrity gossip masquerading as real political news.

She claimed he penetrated her. That's rape. Are we going to accept rape, or are we not?

https://www.usatoday.com/...546559001/

She said he then pulled down her tights and undid his pants, "forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway – or completely, I’m not certain – inside me."

Reply #126 posted 06/26/19 3:00pm

PennyPurple

Image may contain: 1 person, text

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
Reply #127 posted 06/26/19 4:09pm

poppys

guitarslinger44 said:

RodeoSchro said:

Which begs the question - wtf are you reading? Luckily, Rodeo summed up what she said happened.

Reply #128 posted 06/26/19 4:13pm

poppys

PennyPurple said:

Thanks for posting, Penny.

Trump actually fucking numbered his reply. No. 1 was she's not my type. No. 2 was the denial. How can any decent man in this country be supporting this blood clot?

Reply #129 posted 06/26/19 11:29pm

benni

Here is a good article on why rape victims or sexual assault victims don't come forward, and why they may not call it rape (minimizing what happened to them):

http://www.bbc.com/future...me-forward

The persistent stereotype of ‘real rape’ involves a male stranger who violently penetrates a resisting woman in a public place. When sexual assault doesn’t match that narrative, it can make it difficult for even the survivor to recognise that it still was, in fact, sexual assault. The brain, after all, categorises experiences according to what we have been taught about what they mean...

The brain may dissociate to help a survivor get through the moment. But it also makes them less likely to fight back. That, ironically, makes the experience less like the ‘real rape’ narrative so many of us are taught – which may be why women who don’t fight back “are less likely to label the experience as rape”, says Peterson.

[Edited 6/26/19 23:30pm]

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
Reply #130 posted 06/27/19 4:53am

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

PennyPurple said:

Trump actually fucking numbered his reply. No. 1 was she's not my type. No. 2 was the denial. How can any decent man in this country be supporting this blood clot?

Because just like caging small children in squalor, sexual assault has become acceptable? disbelief

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #131 posted 06/27/19 7:30am

13cjk13

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

Because just like caging small children in squalor, sexual assault has become acceptable? disbelief

Welcome to the new Republican Party.

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
Reply #132 posted 06/27/19 8:27am

jjhunsecker

13cjk13 said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Welcome to the new Republican Party.

Republican CULT is more like it...when you read about say, the Manson family, former members would say that how after awhile, behavior that they initially found abhorrent eventually became just "normal" . How is that different from the current Republican Party , which used to be the alleged home of "family values"

Reply #133 posted 06/27/19 9:18am

RodeoSchro

US intelligence agencies - "Russia actively tampered with and tried to determine the outcome of the 2016 election". Vladmir Putin - "No, I didn't!" Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes Vladimir Putin.

US intelligence agencies - "North Korean dictator Kim Jung Un has had murdered people he thinks are in opposition to him, including some members of his own family. Plus, he cheats on nuclear agreements or promises". Kim Jung Un - "No, I don't!". Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes Kim Jung Un.

US intelligence agencies - "Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman is directly implicated in the murder and subsequent dismemberment of a United States resident/employee of an American company". Mohammed bin Salman - "No, I'm not!" Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes bin Salman.

Former Miss Cheerleader USA/published author/professional journalist E. Jean Carroll accuses unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump of raping her, and her account is corroborated by two independent witnesses. Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump - ""She's not my type! I didn't rape her!" Radical right-wing Republicans line up to believe the man who puts his faith in dictators, strongmen and murderers.

[Edited 6/27/19 9:19am]

Reply #134 posted 06/27/19 9:30am

poppys

RodeoSchro said:

US intelligence agencies - "Russia actively tampered with and tried to determine the outcome of the 2016 election". Vladmir Putin - "No, I didn't!" Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes Vladimir Putin.

US intelligence agencies - "North Korean dictator Kim Jung Un has had murdered people he thinks are in opposition to him, including some members of his own family. Plus, he cheats on nuclear agreements or promises". Kim Jung Un - "No, I don't!". Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes Kim Jung Un.

US intelligence agencies - "Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman is directly implicated in the murder and subsequent dismemberment of a United States resident/employee of an American company". Mohammed bin Salman - "No, I'm not!" Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes bin Salman.

Former Miss Cheerleader USA/published author/professional journalist E. Jean Carroll accuses unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump of raping her, and her account is corroborated by two independent witnesses. Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump - ""She's not my type! I didn't rape her!" Radical right-wing Republicans line up to believe the man who puts his faith in dictators, strongmen and murderers.

smdh, it's just getting worse & worser.

Reply #135 posted 06/27/19 10:29am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

poppys said:

RodeoSchro said:

smdh, it's just getting worse & worser.

yep.

All of this in aggregate will be brought up all during the campaign and its going to be in every ad, in every column, in every news cast.

i don’t see how anyone thinks Turd can escape his own words and actions this time around. It will surely weigh him down.
Last election he could lay down his shtick and move along nimbly bullshiting his way around the election. That ain’t gonna be the case this election.

Reply #136 posted 06/27/19 11:11am

RodeoSchro

The two friends that Carroll told about her rape by unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump have been identified. I fully expect the rape apologists here to make some snarky comments about how stupid it was to wear penny loafers with shorts, or something else incredibly idiotic, in yet another failed attempt to defend unrepentent serial adulterer Donald J. Trump because he cut their taxes:

https://www.dailykos.com/...the-police

After Donald Trump attacked her in a department store dressing room, Elle columnist E. Jean Carroll told two friends. Those friends—one of whom told Carroll to go to the police and one of whom told her to stay quiet—hadn’t come forward publicly, until now.

Now we know that the first woman was Lisa Birnbach, author of The Official Preppy Handbook, who thought Carroll should go to the police. Birnbach describes realizing over the course of their phone conversation, which happened immediately after the attack, that this was rape and telling Carroll, “Let’s go to the police” and “I’ll take you to the police,” but Carroll refusing. A day or two later, Carroll called Carol Martin, an anchor at New York’s WCBS-TV, who remembers that “I said: Don’t tell anybody. I wouldn’t tell anybody this,” because Trump had lawyers and would fight the allegations.

Both women had met Trump: Birnbach had interviewed him at Mar-a-Lago, and Martin had met him at work and had a friend who had dated him.

So there you go: Carroll said from the beginning that she had told two friends, and now we have heard from them—both women with substantial professional reputations—corroborating her account.

Reply #137 posted 06/27/19 12:32pm

Astasheiks

Poor woman induring that over the years...Donald doodoo doody DT needs hammer brick fishslap chair fryingpan

[Edited 6/27/19 12:32pm]

Reply #138 posted 06/27/19 12:32pm

DiminutiveRock
er

RodeoSchro said:

The two friends that Carroll told about her rape by unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump have been identified. I fully expect the rape apologists here to make some snarky comments about how stupid it was to wear penny loafers with shorts, or something else incredibly idiotic, in yet another failed attempt to defend unrepentent serial adulterer Donald J. Trump because he cut their taxes:

After Donald Trump attacked her in a department store dressing room, Elle columnist E. Jean Carroll told two friends. Those friends—one of whom told Carroll to go to the police and one of whom told her to stay quiet—hadn’t come forward publicly, until now.

Now we know that the first woman was Lisa Birnbach, author of The Official Preppy Handbook, who thought Carroll should go to the police. Birnbach describes realizing over the course of their phone conversation, which happened immediately after the attack, that this was rape and telling Carroll, “Let’s go to the police” and “I’ll take you to the police,” but Carroll refusing. A day or two later, Carroll called Carol Martin, an anchor at New York’s WCBS-TV, who remembers that “I said: Don’t tell anybody. I wouldn’t tell anybody this,” because Trump had lawyers and would fight the allegations.

Both women had met Trump: Birnbach had interviewed him at Mar-a-Lago, and Martin had met him at work and had a friend who had dated him.

So there you go: Carroll said from the beginning that she had told two friends, and now we have heard from them—both women with substantial professional reputations—corroborating her account.

Very credible indeed. I never doubted her for a minute.

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #139 posted 06/27/19 3:56pm

DiminutiveRock
er

RodeoSchro said:

On CNN, she explained why she preferred the word “fight” to “rape”: “I think most people think rape is sexy. Think of the fantasies.” (She explained later that she was referring to romance novels that depict men ravishing women. “This was not thrilling, this was a fight,” she said. “A fight where I’m stamping on his feet and I think I’m banging him on the head with my purse.”)

-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #140 posted 06/27/19 4:04pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Look, the usual suspects are hard at work trying to cast doubt on the poor woman, but as also usual, i don’t see them equally working hard at casting doubt on Turds account or credibility.It seems it’s always a one way defence team. lol

Reply #141 posted 06/28/19 8:12am

RodeoSchro

DiminutiveRocker said:

RodeoSchro said:

It's amazing to see people defend adulterers, rapists and possibly even pedophiles by using the flimsiest of arguments.

This is a good illustration of why unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump has to be impeached. If he isn't, we'll continue the slide down the slippery slope of "You can get away with anything as long as I like what you do".

Reply #142 posted 06/28/19 9:13am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

RodeoSchro said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

It's amazing to see people defend adulterers, rapists and possibly even pedophiles by using the flimsiest of arguments.

This is a good illustration of why unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump has to be impeached. If he isn't, we'll continue the slide down the slippery slope of "You can get away with anything as long as I like what you do".

Alleged..

Its cool anyone defend anyone. No problem with that whatsoever. But they can’t admit how partisan they are.

Reply #143 posted 06/28/19 9:46am

RodeoSchro

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

RodeoSchro said:

Alleged..

Its cool anyone defend anyone. No problem with that whatsoever. But they can’t admit how partisan they are.

Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump is a proven adulterer. And if you want to qualify the rape, I'd prefer "accused" over "alleged".

Reply #144 posted 06/28/19 10:48am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

RodeoSchro said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Alleged..

Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump is a proven adulterer. And if you want to qualify the rape, I'd prefer "accused" over "alleged".

Yeah of course we have to qualify “accusations”

and yeah, there are a shit load of things that ARE beyond a doubt.

Reply #145 posted 06/28/19 12:16pm

guitarslinger4

RodeoSchro said:

guitarslinger44 said:

RodeoSchro said:

She claimed he penetrated her. That's rape. Are we going to accept rape, or are we not?

She said he then pulled down her tights and undid his pants, "forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway – or completely, I’m not certain – inside me."

Fair enough, I guess what I'd rwsd left out some of the details. Thenage we live in...

That said, no one's saying we should accept rape, you're just strawmanning if you think that.
Reply #146 posted 06/28/19 5:53pm

benni

guitarslinger44 said:

RodeoSchro said:

Fair enough, I guess what I'd rwsd left out some of the details. Thenage we live in... That said, no one's saying we should accept rape, you're just strawmanning if you think that.

And yet, nothing is being done. Republican lawmakers are saying (for example, Lindsey Graham) "Well, he said he didn't do. That's good enough for me." In essence, yes, rape is being accepted, and in the highest offices of our land.

Reply #147 posted 06/29/19 1:13am

jjhunsecker

benni said:

guitarslinger44 said:

RodeoSchro said:

Fair enough, I guess what I'd rwsd left out some of the details. Thenage we live in... That said, no one's saying we should accept rape, you're just strawmanning if you think that.

And yet, nothing is being done. Republican lawmakers are saying (for example, Lindsey Graham) "Well, he said he didn't do. That's good enough for me." In essence, yes, rape is being accepted, and in the highest offices of our land.

Imagine the outrage if Obama had been accused by 16 or more women of rape, sexual assault or battery, especially if most of the accusers were White women ?
Imaging that scenario allows you to see how much Trump has been given a pass over these very same allegations
Reply #148 posted 06/29/19 7:26am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

jjhunsecker said:

benni said:

Imagine the outrage if Obama had been accused by 16 or more women of rape, sexual assault or battery, especially if most of the accusers were White women ? Imaging that scenario allows you to see how much Trump has been given a pass over these very same allegations

At OnlyndaUsa has admitted to being a partisan, but some pretend the are not.

[Edited 6/29/19 7:27am]

Reply #149 posted 06/29/19 10:02am

benni

jjhunsecker said:

benni said:

Imagine the outrage if Obama had been accused by 16 or more women of rape, sexual assault or battery, especially if most of the accusers were White women ? Imaging that scenario allows you to see how much Trump has been given a pass over these very same allegations

Exactly. You saw the outrage over Bill Clinton on the right. You saw the outrage on the right for Al Franken for a photograph in which he mimes grabbing her breasts. You saw the outrage on the right for John Edwards having an extra marital affair and using campaign funds. Trump is accused and you see them rally around him. Roy Moore is accused of pedophilia, and many on the right (including our president) continued to endorse him.

It's disgusting how they rally around their own, and if you look at Wikipedia for "List of federal political sex scandals in the United States" while there are quite a few democrats, the majority are republicans. From 2010 to 2018, twelve Republican officials were accused or found to have had sex scandals tied to them, while only five Democrats have had a sex scandal.

Of the twelve Republicans, two sent nude photos and/or sexually explicit emails; one was improper conduct (he resigned before investigation ended; two were for sexual harrassment; one was for sexually abusing boys; and two were for sexual assault (Trump and Kavanaugh), four were extra marital affairs (one of which asked his mistress to get an abortion).

For the Democrats, one was "groping and tickling male staffers". One was sending nude photos of himself to women on social media. Two were making unwanted sexual advances. Al Franken was one.

Just shows Republicans are closet freaks or outright criminal when it comes to others.

Page 5 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump rape and sexual assault allegations