independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump rape and sexual assault allegations
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 06/25/19 5:15pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

poppys said:

djThunderfunk said:

Keep telling yourself that. Her comments are absolutely relevent.

As for context, in what context would "I think most people think of rape as being sexy" be an acceptable thing to say?

When they say something else directly after that that qualifies their point. You're pretending that was a complete thought that somehow proves - what??

You posted an interview with Charlie (fired for sexual misconduct) Rose from 1995 to discredit her 24 years later. That's a stretch.

What you said about Assange is ridiculous, doubling down is even more ridiculous. Not acceptable.

fully agree.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 06/25/19 5:26pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

djThunderfunk said:

As for context, in what context would "I think most people think of rape as being sexy" be an acceptable thing to say?

When they say something else directly after that that qualifies their point. You're pretending that was a complete thought that somehow proves - what??

You posted an interview with Charlie (fired for sexual misconduct) Rose from 1995 to discredit her 24 years later. That's a stretch.

What you said about Assange is ridiculous, doubling down is even more ridiculous. Not acceptable.

It's so obvous it's really not worth repsonding to, but thanks, Poppys - I think we all agree with you here.

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #92 posted 06/25/19 5:30pm

djThunderfunk

poppys said:

djThunderfunk said:

She was responding to Cooper saying, "I think most people think of rape as a violent assault" when she said "I think most people think of rape as being sexy" and directly after it she said "Think of the fantasies". That's her complete thought, it's right there in the video. Explain what context is missing that makes it an acceptable thing to say.

It doesn't "prove" anything other than she's a kook and says kooky shit. It's INTERESTING because if anybody else said that in ANY context everybody here ignoring it and attacking me for bringing it up would be outraged. You know you would, to pretend otherwise is dishonest.

As for Charlie, what does his misconduct have to do with her statements? Nothing. He didn't make her say that kooky shit. He wasn't leading her.

What I said about Assange, weeks ago, in another, unrelated thread, was mildly offensive. The kind of thing every late night comedian would have said before the days of recreational outrage. Had you not brought it up in this thread I wouldn't be "doubling down" on it at all. If it bothers you so much why bring it up again?

[Edited 6/25/19 22:39pm]

Censorship is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is doing it or how noble their motivation.
Reply #93 posted 06/25/19 5:33pm

DiminutiveRock
er

Guess not everyone read or saw "50 Shades of Gray" lol

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #94 posted 06/25/19 6:08pm

poppys

djThunderfunk said:

poppys said:

She was responding to Cooper saying, "I think most people think of rape as a violent assault" when she sayed "I think most people think of rape as being sexy" and directly after it she said "Think of the fantasies". That's her complete thought, it's right there in the video. Explain what context is missing that makes it an acceptable thing to say.

It doesn't "prove" anything other than she's a kook and says kooky shit. It's INTERESTING because if anybody else said that in ANY context everybody here ignoring it and attacking me for bringing it up would be outraged. You know you would, to pretend otherwise is dishonest.

As for Charlie, what does his misconduct have to do with her statements? Nothing. He didn't make her say that kooky shit. He wasn't leading her.

What I said about Assange, weeks ago, in another, unrelated thread, was mildly offensive. The kind of thing every late night comedian would have said before the days of recreational outrage. Had you not brought it up in this thread I wouldn't be "doubling down" on it at all. If it bothers you so much why bring it up again?

I'll bring up whatever I want to bring up. You are the one who said it.

Your argument is that she's a kook? Fine, even if you're right kooks can be raped. Meanwhile, you are defending the Supreme Molester Kook in the White House. You sure take stands and dig in on the dumbest things. This is even dumber than planting that flag on Milkshake Hill.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #95 posted 06/25/19 6:25pm

djThunderfunk

poppys said:

djThunderfunk said:

She was responding to Cooper saying, "I think most people think of rape as a violent assault" when she sayed "I think most people think of rape as being sexy" and directly after it she said "Think of the fantasies". That's her complete thought, it's right there in the video. Explain what context is missing that makes it an acceptable thing to say.

I'll bring up whatever I want to bring up. You are the one who said it.

Your argument is that she's a kook? Fine, even if you're right kooks can be raped. Meanwhile, you are defending the Supreme Molester Kook in the White House. You sure take stands and dig in on the dumbest things. This is even dumber than planting that flag on Milkshake Hill.

So, pointing out her bullshit equates to defending the trumpclown in your mind? Sure, kooks can be raped, and some of them think it's sexy, evidently.

Selective, recreational, faux outrage.

Censorship is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is doing it or how noble their motivation.
Reply #96 posted 06/25/19 7:02pm

RodeoSchro

poppys said:

djThunderfunk said:

Some people get their jollies in really strange ways.

Like I’ve said - I’ll never understand the moral character set of radical right-wing Republicans.
Reply #97 posted 06/25/19 9:27pm

DiminutiveRock
er

RodeoSchro said:

poppys said:

Some people get their jollies in really strange ways. Like I’ve said - I’ll never understand the moral character set of radical right-wing Republicans.

The simplistic misinterpretations are astounding nod

-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #98 posted 06/26/19 6:37am

djThunderfunk

If you think that someone you disagree with, or says something that offends you, must be a "radical right-wing republican"... You might have TDS. evillol

See a doctor and get rid of it. razz

[Edited 6/26/19 6:38am]

Reply #99 posted 06/26/19 7:29am

RodeoSchro

DiminutiveRocker said:

RodeoSchro said:

poppys said: Some people get their jollies in really strange ways. Like I’ve said - I’ll never understand the moral character set of radical right-wing Republicans.

So is the outright lying. For instance, saying a guy that is 6'2" is "too scrawny" to rape someone. Ridiculous. I don't care if he's a scarecrow - if he's half a foot or more taller than a lady, he's going to overpower her.

And in Assange's rape cases, he didn't even have to overpower the women. All he had to do in one case was poke a hole in his condom, and in the other case he penetrated the woman when she was asleep.

There are a lot of things you don't want to be, and a rape apologist has to be at the top of the list. Can you imagine being a guy that defends not one but two rapists? Yikes.

Reply #100 posted 06/26/19 8:10am

2freaky4church

Rodeo, doesn't she seem kinda dingy?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #101 posted 06/26/19 8:12am

DiminutiveRock
er

RodeoSchro said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

So is the outright lying. For instance, saying a guy that is 6'2" is "too scrawny" to rape someone. Ridiculous. I don't care if he's a scarecrow - if he's half a foot or more taller than a lady, he's going to overpower her.

And in Assange's rape cases, he didn't even have to overpower the women. All he had to do in one case was poke a hole in his condom, and in the other case he penetrated the woman when she was asleep.

There are a lot of things you don't want to be, and a rape apologist has to be at the top of the list. Can you imagine being a guy that defends not one but two rapists? Yikes.

disbelief Yes, it's offensive and disgusting.

-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #102 posted 06/26/19 8:15am

djThunderfunk

Imagine being the guy (or girl) who decides someone is guilty of rape that has not been convicted of rape. "Yikes"!

Carroll's story is falling apart because of the kooky things she says about rape fantasies so we switch up and go off topic to Assange. Is that what we're doing? Nice one. wink

Reply #103 posted 06/26/19 8:18am

djThunderfunk

2freaky4church1 said:

No. Because she's accusing a political enemy, everything she says is acceptable and she is believed 100%. And by the way, did you know that by saying that she seems "dingy", you are actually defended the rapist trumpclown? Yep! Some might say that was "disgusting". They might even say something like, "Yikes!". lol

Reply #104 posted 06/26/19 8:23am

RodeoSchro

Republican Senators Jodi Ernst and Mitt Romney support investigations of Carroll's claims. That's good.

Reply #105 posted 06/26/19 8:25am

RodeoSchro

2freaky4church1 said:

She can be as dingy as she wants, but she still has two corroborating witnesses. Are THEY dingy too?

Or, in whatever world you live in, are only nice, well-adjusted women and/or slutty women who are asking for it raped? Please let us know.

Reply #106 posted 06/26/19 8:27am

RodeoSchro

djThunderfunk said:

Imagine being the guy (or girl) who decides someone is guilty of rape that has not been convicted of rape. "Yikes"!

Carroll's story is falling apart because of the kooky things she says about rape fantasies so we switch up and go off topic to Assange. Is that what we're doing? Nice one. wink

What "kooky thing" has she or her two corroborating witnesses said about the specific allegation against unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump?

Reply #107 posted 06/26/19 8:55am

djThunderfunk

RodeoSchro said:

djThunderfunk said:

What "kooky thing" has she or her two corroborating witnesses said about the specific allegation against unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump?

You know how to scroll.

Reply #108 posted 06/26/19 9:00am

poppys

A fig/fag T-Shirt sure would liven this thread up.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #109 posted 06/26/19 9:02am

djThunderfunk

poppys said:

A fig/fag T-Shirt sure would liven this thread up.

Why not bring up every off-topic thing that's ever offended you in this forum? pissed lol

Reply #110 posted 06/26/19 9:05am

djThunderfunk

If highlighting the kooky things this chick has said about rape fantasies is so offensive and disgusting I guess pointing out that her story sounds suspiciously like the plot from an episode of Law & Order SVU would be downright shocking, maybe even "ban-worthy". wink

https://www.youtube.com/w...sofxyBKu-g

[Edited 6/26/19 9:06am]

Reply #111 posted 06/26/19 9:16am

RodeoSchro

djThunderfunk said:

RodeoSchro said:

You know how to scroll.

That is a very unique way to say "You called my bluff".

Reply #112 posted 06/26/19 9:20am

djThunderfunk

RodeoSchro said:

djThunderfunk said:

You know how to scroll.

That is a very unique way to say "You called my bluff".

Or, a very direct way of saying "why should I repeat myself when you can simply scroll." lol

djThunderfunk said:

Well this is bizarre...

E. Jean Carroll tells Anderson Cooper she was not "thrown on the ground and ravished" before saying “I think most people think of rape as being sexy. Think of the fantasies”.

https://www.youtube.com/w...7APEhMgOp4

WOW! What's up with that?!?

djThunderfunk said:

If that wasn't weird enough, here's Carroll on the Charlie Rose show in 1995:

https://www.youtube.com/w...mF9ONjUToI

If a man said today, what she said in '95, he would be attacked and marginalized by the outrage mob and probably deplatformed by social media.

Reply #113 posted 06/26/19 9:30am

RodeoSchro

What did she say about her specific allegation that was "kooky"? Other than what you've unsuccessfully attempted to take out of context, that is.

Reply #114 posted 06/26/19 9:34am

djThunderfunk

RodeoSchro said:

What did she say about her specific allegation that was "kooky"? Other than what you've unsuccessfully attempted to take out of context, that is.

In describing her "rape" to Cooper she downplays it and describes rape as a sexy fantasy. That's fuggin' kooky. Please enlighten us as to what CONTEXT is missing that explains that away.

Here, I'll help you. https://www.youtube.com/w...umPGMUSw2A Now explain the context.

[Edited 6/26/19 9:37am]

Reply #115 posted 06/26/19 9:44am

RodeoSchro

djThunderfunk said:

RodeoSchro said:

In describing her "rape" to Cooper she downplays it and describes rape as a sexy fantasy. That's fuggin' kooky. Please enlighten us as to what CONTEXT is missing that explains that away.

It's incomprehensible to me that anyone with a working brain could hear her response to Anderson Cooper's characterization of rape as violence, and think Carroll was saying rape is sexy. She was clearly referring to the "most people" described by Cooper.

Here is the transcript of that exchange:

CARROLL: Sexual violence is in every country in every strata of society, and I just feel that so many women are undergoing sexual violence. Mine was short. I got out. I'm happy now. I'm moving on.

And I think of all the women who are enduring constant sexual violence. So, this one incident, this one, what, three minutes in this little dressing room, I just say it's a fight. That way I'm not the victim, right? I'm not the victim.

COOPER: You don't feel like a victim.

CARROLL: I was not thrown on the ground and ravished. Which the word "rape" carries so many sexual connotations. This was not -- this was not sexual. It just hurt. It just --

COOPER: I think most people think of rape as a -- it is a violent assault. It is not --

CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.

COOPER: Let's take a short break --

CARROLL: They think of the fantasies.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSC...cd.01.html

There's just simply no way anyone other than a radical right-wing Republican supporter of unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump could listen to or read that and come away thinking Carroll said rape was sexy.

No way at all.

Reply #116 posted 06/26/19 9:50am

djThunderfunk

RodeoSchro said:

djThunderfunk said:

It's incomprehensible to me that anyone with a working brain could hear her response to Anderson Cooper's characterization of rape as violence, and think Carroll was saying rape is sexy. She was clearly referring to the "most people" described by Cooper.

CARROLL: Sexual violence is in every country in every strata of society, and I just feel that so many women are undergoing sexual violence. Mine was short. I got out. I'm happy now. I'm moving on.

And I think of all the women who are enduring constant sexual violence. So, this one incident, this one, what, three minutes in this little dressing room, I just say it's a fight. That way I'm not the victim, right? I'm not the victim.

CARROLL: I was not thrown on the ground and ravished. Which the word "rape" carries so many sexual connotations. This was not -- this was not sexual. It just hurt. It just --

COOPER: I think most people think of rape as a -- it is a violent assault. It is not --

There's just simply no way anyone other than a radical right-wing Republican supporter of unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump could listen to or read that and come away thinking Carroll said rape was sexy.

No way at all.

If ANY man said the exact same words, MSM & social media would be screeching for their head.
You know this is true.

Reply #117 posted 06/26/19 9:59am

RodeoSchro

djThunderfunk said:

RodeoSchro said:

No way at all.

If ANY man said the exact same words, MSM & social media would be screeching for their head.
You know this is true.

Completely irrelevant (and factually incorrect), but nice try.

Hey - let's assume that what you just pulled out of a dark place is 100% correct. And let's assume that your complete mischaracterization of Carroll's comments are somehow accurate.

In what way does that disprove her allegation? Remember - she has two corroborating witnesses who back up her story.

Reply #118 posted 06/26/19 10:11am

djThunderfunk

RodeoSchro said:

djThunderfunk said:

You know this is true.

Completely irrelevant (and factually incorrect), but nice try.

Hey - let's assume that what you just pulled out of a dark place is 100% correct. And let's assume that your complete mischaracterization of Carroll's comments are somehow accurate.

In what way does that disprove her allegation? Remember - she has two corroborating witnesses who back up her story.

I can no more disprove her story than you (or she) can prove it.

If PROOF is a prerequisite then you believing her kooky story holds no more water than me not believing it.

Reply #119 posted 06/26/19 10:57am

guitarslinger4

It's unfortunate what happened to this woman (and I'm 9/10 sure it happened), but none of this really matters. We're only talking about it because it's grist for the media industrial complex to bolster ratings and profits.

If this is a political ploy, joke's on whoever thought this would be any different than the last 1500 times issues of Trump's conduct and character were brought up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump rape and sexual assault allegations