independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 7th Dec 2019 3:22am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Improper Entry of immigrants and Trump
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #210 posted 08/12/19 2:56pm

jjhunsecker

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

i dont know what his organization pays but considering he jilted many other hired workers/contractors that provided service to him - who will he get to do this work?

He’s now trying to set rules to limit legal immigration. He’s pretty much trying to make it harder for lower-income immigrants to come here. It’s pretty clear what the tactic behind that is.

Very clear. If trump could make it so that explicitly only White Europeans could emigrate to America, he would do so in a heartbeat.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #211 posted 08/12/19 3:00pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said: You're the one who made the "slave class " metaphor! I simply said I had more sympathy for the poor and desperate people who come here any way possible in order to provide for their families . I have NO sympathy for greedy business owners who choose to exploit the bad situation that the migrants are in. I have no idea what point you're trying to make in your second paragraph. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you don't intend it to sound like a justification for racism and discrimination, because that is very similar to language used by White Nationalists

Because these folks are beign allowed to be treated like a slave class because they don't have papers and are in fear of being caught.

The second bit was in reponse to what you said about Rodeo. But yeah you got me, total weekend white supremecist with all that "similar language" lol

I clearly stated that I don't believe that you are a white supremacist or a racist of any kind.

However, White Supremacists and Nationalists often use arguments like "Well, you can't do that in Japan" or "other races do such and such all the time", as a means to justify their own personal beliefs.

And we argued this before, but if you don't think that race and ethnicity are a HUGE factor in how people are viewing these migrants, then we simply have to agree to disagree....

[Edited 8/12/19 15:07pm]

Reply #212 posted 08/12/19 3:04pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

2elijah said:

guitarslinger44 said: Here’s the thing though, most immigrants choose to come here for a better life, the same reasons many early, European immigrants came here. Unfortunately, the irony of many early, European immigrants that came here, (not all,) who were able to own slaves, chose to enslave others who were either already here (Native Americans), as well as, participating in enslaving Africans, in which they profited from. So many of those early European immigrants were basically like some bad employers (not all), today who take advantage of the undocumented’s circumstances. Today those employers who choose to employ undocumented immigrants, doesn’t give them the right to mistreat/take advantage of the undocumented. It’s not like the undocumented are aware they’ll be treated unfairly by ‘some’ employers, when they find work here. I’m sure most that they find a way to support themselves, and hopefully able to become legal citizens, but often times that’s not easy for many. I agree that of course we should have a fair immigration system, but right now and the fact is, there are millions of undocumented in this country, who have been here for years. Many have children born here, and I think if they’ve been here at least 10 years plus, never committed crimes, have contributed in some form paying taxes, and their children enrolled in public schools, etc., then there should be a way they can be offered an opportunity to become citizens, down the road. We can’t just throw them all out., especially their kids where it was no fault of many of them how they ended up here. Just my view. [Edited 8/12/19 13:15pm]

I agree there should be a path to citizenship for folks who have been here 10, even 5+ years with no criminal record or without being on public assistance. But folks that come here illegally and without much in the way of English language skills (like most of the illegal folks I knew and worked with in Atlanta) put themselves in a place to be exploited.

The slaves that came over here weren't here by choice and were sold into slavery a lot of the time by other Africans, so it's a completely different situation imo.

They put themselves in a position to be exploited because they're poor and desperate, and often leaving homelands that are extremely poverty stricken and often extremely violent, and they are doing what they think is the best-usually the only thing, to protect and feed themselves and their families.

Those who exploit them are just like the pimps and predators who sexually exploit young and desperate runaway ot throwaway children on the streets.

Reply #213 posted 08/12/19 3:05pm

guitarslinger4

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

Because these folks are beign allowed to be treated like a slave class because they don't have papers and are in fear of being caught.

The second bit was in reponse to what you said about Rodeo. But yeah you got me, total weekend white supremecist with all that "similar language" lol

I clearly stated that I don't believe that you are a white supremacist or a racist of any kind.

However, White Supremacists and Nationalists often use arguments like "Well, you can't do that in Japan" or "other races do such and such all the time", as a means to justify their own personal beliefs.

I'm not. But I also think it's ridiculous to call out white people for doing the same things other races do all the time. And only western countries seem to tolerate that, which is part of why white supremecy is on the rise in places like Europe.

[Edited 8/12/19 15:06pm]

Reply #214 posted 08/12/19 3:08pm

guitarslinger4

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

I agree there should be a path to citizenship for folks who have been here 10, even 5+ years with no criminal record or without being on public assistance. But folks that come here illegally and without much in the way of English language skills (like most of the illegal folks I knew and worked with in Atlanta) put themselves in a place to be exploited.

The slaves that came over here weren't here by choice and were sold into slavery a lot of the time by other Africans, so it's a completely different situation imo.

They put themselves in a position to be exploited because they're poor and desperate, and often leaving homelands that are extremely poverty stricken and often extremely violent, and they are doing what they think is the best-usually the only thing, to protect and feed themselves and their families.

Those who exploit them are just like the pimps and predators who sexually exploit young and desperate runaway ot throwaway children on the streets.

But they would be in a much better starting position were they to come here legally. My brother is dating a Mexican guy who moved here from Mexico at SIXTEEN by himself. Legally. As in didn't have any financial help from his folks and doesn't come from a family of means. It sucks that some of these folks get exploited like this, but that ends up being a behaviorally regulated thing in a lot of ways.

Reply #215 posted 08/12/19 3:10pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

I'm not. But I also think it's ridiculous to call out white people for doing the same things other races do all the time. And only western countries seem to tolerate that, which is part of why white supremecy is on the rise in places like Europe.

So the racism in Japan or China justifies the racism in America ? Perhaps I would be more upset if I lived in Japan or China, but I live here in the United States, and I am concerned about the rise of White Nationalism here in this country, and as promoted by our president.

Reply #216 posted 08/12/19 3:52pm

DiminutiveRock
er

New limits for legal immigrants.

The Trump administration is making it harder for lega...public aid, like food stamps and subsidized housing, to get permanent legal status.

The U.S. wants immigrants who can support themselves, not those who “depend on public resources to meet their needs,” according to a new rule championed by the Trump adviser Stephen Miller and announced by Kenneth Cuccinelli, above, the acting director of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

It is not supposed to apply to people who already have green cards, refugees and asylum-seekers, or pregnant women and children, but immigration advocates said many might forgo aid to preserve their chances of a green card. They plan to sue to block the regulation, set to go into effect in two months.

TRUMP IS ANTI IMMIGRANT. PERIOD.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #217 posted 08/12/19 6:05pm

guitarslinger4

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

So the racism in Japan or China justifies the racism in America ? Perhaps I would be more upset if I lived in Japan or China, but I live here in the United States, and I am concerned about the rise of White Nationalism here in this country, and as promoted by our president.

I'm not saying it justifies it but people didn't seem to get anywhere near as upset when South Korea and Japan said they weren't going to take in any Middle Eastern refugees because of culture differences and I know if the US had said that, it would have been a shit storm with people saying all sorts of shit about how "the US hates brown people" or whatever. I'm just wondering why the different rules for different races?

Reply #218 posted 08/12/19 8:20pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

I'm not saying it justifies it but people didn't seem to get anywhere near as upset when South Korea and Japan said they weren't going to take in any Middle Eastern refugees because of culture differences and I know if the US had said that, it would have been a shit storm with people saying all sorts of shit about how "the US hates brown people" or whatever. I'm just wondering why the different rules for different races?

I don't live in South Korea or Japan, so I am not as invested in their policies as I am in American policy. However, I will say flat out that many Asian cultures are very racist, and the example you provide is proof of that. I think many Americans are so busy fighting the shitstorm here in America that they don't have the time or energy to show much concern for what happens in other countries. I know I am

Reply #219 posted 08/12/19 8:30pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

But they would be in a much better starting position were they to come here legally. My brother is dating a Mexican guy who moved here from Mexico at SIXTEEN by himself. Legally. As in didn't have any financial help from his folks and doesn't come from a family of means. It sucks that some of these folks get exploited like this, but that ends up being a behaviorally regulated thing in a lot of ways.

It would be great if everyone came here legally. But I also knew if I was in a place like Honduras, where there is a chance that my child could be forced to join a gang or be murdered, I would do ANYTHING and go ANYWHERE to save them, and if America was the closest place, then fuck those laws, my child's well being comes first. Unlike many Trumpers, I have a great deal of sympathy for people forced into such horrible choices.

I live in area with I'm sure a number of undocumented immigrants. Some are Hispanic, and some are White. it doesn't bother me because 1. these people seem to be working very hard 2. I am not competing for a job with them and 3. I always lived in multi-cultural environments, and people being "different" does not bother me, as it seems to offend so many on the Right and Trump supporters, and yes, out and out racists.

Reply #220 posted 08/12/19 8:56pm

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

2elijah said:

guitarslinger44 said: Here’s the thing though, most immigrants choose to come here for a better life, the same reasons many early, European immigrants came here. Unfortunately, the irony of many early, European immigrants that came here, (not all,) who were able to own slaves, chose to enslave others who were either already here (Native Americans), as well as, participating in enslaving Africans, in which they profited from. So many of those early European immigrants were basically like some bad employers (not all), today who take advantage of the undocumented’s circumstances. Today those employers who choose to employ undocumented immigrants, doesn’t give them the right to mistreat/take advantage of the undocumented. It’s not like the undocumented are aware they’ll be treated unfairly by ‘some’ employers, when they find work here. I’m sure most that they find a way to support themselves, and hopefully able to become legal citizens, but often times that’s not easy for many. I agree that of course we should have a fair immigration system, but right now and the fact is, there are millions of undocumented in this country, who have been here for years. Many have children born here, and I think if they’ve been here at least 10 years plus, never committed crimes, have contributed in some form paying taxes, and their children enrolled in public schools, etc., then there should be a way they can be offered an opportunity to become citizens, down the road. We can’t just throw them all out., especially their kids where it was no fault of many of them how they ended up here. Just my view. [Edited 8/12/19 13:15pm]

Excellent point. I doubt anyone would intentionally want to put themselves in harm’s way, but like you said many leave their homelands because of poverty, war, etc, and just trying to find better and a safe place. It’s such a shame that when many come here, they are exploited by many who employ them, and take advantage of their circumstances.
Reply #221 posted 08/12/19 9:14pm

2elijah

guitarslinger44 said:

2elijah said:

guitarslinger44 said:

The difference is, these folks CHOSE to come here, albeit illegally. Black slaves weren't here by choice.

I'm sure you get equally triggered by Japanese people favoring Japanese people over Koreans, blacks, and Viets in Japan too, yah?

Here’s the thing though, most immigrants choose to come here for a better life, the same reasons many early, European immigrants came here. Unfortunately, the irony of many early, European immigrants that came here, (not all,) who were able to own slaves, chose to enslave others who were either already here (Native Americans), as well as, participating in enslaving Africans, in which they profited from. So many of those early European immigrants were basically like some bad employers (not all), today who take advantage of the undocumented’s circumstances. Today those employers who choose to employ undocumented immigrants, doesn’t give them the right to mistreat/take advantage of the undocumented. It’s not like the undocumented are aware they’ll be treated unfairly by ‘some’ employers, when they find work here. I’m sure most that they find a way to support themselves, and hopefully able to become legal citizens, but often times that’s not easy for many. I agree that of course we should have a fair immigration system, but right now and the fact is, there are millions of undocumented in this country, who have been here for years. Many have children born here, and I think if they’ve been here at least 10 years plus, never committed crimes, have contributed in some form paying taxes, and their children enrolled in public schools, etc., then there should be a way they can be offered an opportunity to become citizens, down the road. We can’t just throw them all out., especially their kids where it was no fault of many of them how they ended up here. Just my view. [Edited 8/12/19 13:15pm]

Yes it’s pretty clear the Africans who were enslaved here had no choice, and yes many were prisoners of war between various African ethnic groups, in Africa, as other non-African ethnic groups have done the same to their own, in their country, just like many early Native Americans did here.

But as far as enslaved Africans in America, in the past, and before it was called America this country is responsible for ‘their’ involvement/actions/abuses against many of the Africans that was transported/traded/enslaved/abused here. Many Black Americans, including myself, who are the descendants of former, enslaved Africans, know all too well about that horrific history and thereafter.

But what’s happening now with many Brown and Black immigrants trying to come to this country, and the racist, insulting rhetoric from trump, makes them targets of discrimination, for those who embrace the same hateful, racial ignorance towards them, as trump.

It’s unfair that he is specifically targeting/insulting/complaining about those groups moreso, than non-Brown/Black immigrants, whether they are legal or illegal. He’s pulling every trick in the book to delay and prevent their entry.

Getting back to those who employ undocumented workers, if they mistreat them, then those employers should face punishment. Just because they are undocumented immigrants, does not give anyone a right to abuse them mentally or physically or take advantage of their circumstances.
[Edited 8/12/19 21:22pm]
Reply #222 posted 08/13/19 8:40am

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

The Trump administration is making it harder for lega...public aid, like food stamps and subsidized housing, to get permanent legal status.

The U.S. wants immigrants who can support themselves, not those who “depend on public resources to meet their needs,” according to a new rule championed by the Trump adviser Stephen Miller and announced by Kenneth Cuccinelli, above, the acting director of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

It is not supposed to apply to people who already have green cards, refugees and asylum-seekers, or pregnant women and children, but immigration advocates said many might forgo aid to preserve their chances of a green card. They plan to sue to block the regulation, set to go into effect in two months.

He’s definitely anti-immigrant. It was sad to hear one of his audience member’s comments, at one of his rallies, when he was asking or saying/how you get rid of illegal immigrants, and someone shouted to ‘Shoot them!’ and Trump laughs and makes a joke out of it.

So pathetic.
Reply #223 posted 08/13/19 10:54am

jjhunsecker

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

He’s definitely anti-immigrant. It was sad to hear one of his audience member’s comments, at one of his rallies, when he was asking or saying/how you get rid of illegal immigrants, and someone shouted to ‘Shoot them!’ and Trump laughs and makes a joke out of it. So pathetic.

He is certainly anti NON-WHITE immigrant. White immigrants he sees as potential brides lol

Seriously, his racism and hatred is so obvious, it's pathetic seeing his supporters and enablers try to explain it away or justify it.

Reply #224 posted 08/13/19 12:50pm

guitarslinger4

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

I don't live in South Korea or Japan, so I am not as invested in their policies as I am in American policy. However, I will say flat out that many Asian cultures are very racist, and the example you provide is proof of that. I think many Americans are so busy fighting the shitstorm here in America that they don't have the time or energy to show much concern for what happens in other countries. I know I am

I don't think it's racist to decide you don't want to take on additional populations just because you're asked. But I understand what you're saying with regard to everything else.

Reply #225 posted 08/13/19 12:51pm

guitarslinger4

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said: He’s definitely anti-immigrant. It was sad to hear one of his audience member’s comments, at one of his rallies, when he was asking or saying/how you get rid of illegal immigrants, and someone shouted to ‘Shoot them!’ and Trump laughs and makes a joke out of it. So pathetic.

He is certainly anti NON-WHITE immigrant. White immigrants he sees as potential brides lol

Seriously, his racism and hatred is so obvious, it's pathetic seeing his supporters and enablers try to explain it away or justify it.

lol lol lol falloff

Reply #226 posted 08/13/19 6:14pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

He’s definitely anti-immigrant. It was sad to hear one of his audience member’s comments, at one of his rallies, when he was asking or saying/how you get rid of illegal immigrants, and someone shouted to ‘Shoot them!’ and Trump laughs and makes a joke out of it. So pathetic.

lol

I think the Mississippi raid was pre-planned and a total farce. Ruining workers and their families lives was no big deal to them. Trump wanted to do raids, and his Repub cronies pulled this one out the bag for him.

They probably had 680 more illegal workers to replace those guys with - the same day. They have a pipeline for these people to work on the delta farms, and the chicken farms are already notorious in Mississippi for violations and abuses. Tyson and all the others don't just rely on hit or miss newcomers to show up - it's a well oiled system.

Any legal "issues" incurred by the employers will be swept under the rug. Thanks to Trent Lott's time in Washington, they have the most corrupt court "system" in the US. It's no accident that cases like the Deepwater Horizon disaster (including Halliburton) were tried in Mississippi - even though it happened in Louisiana. The jurisdiction was changed and they literally got away with destroying the Gulf of Mexico, probably forever, with barely a slap on the hand.

This was nothing for them and they'll do it again. Maybe even round up the same people.

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #227 posted 08/13/19 6:49pm

2elijah

poppys said:

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

lol

I think the Mississippi raid was pre-planned and a total farce. Ruining workers and their families lives was no big deal to them. Trump wanted to do raids, and his Repub cronies pulled this one out the bag for him.

They probably had 680 more illegal workers to replace those guys with - the same day. They have a pipeline for these people to work on the delta farms, and the chicken farms are already notorious in Mississippi for violations and abuses. Tyson and all the others don't just rely on hit or miss newcomers to show up - it's a well oiled system.

Any legal "issues" incurred by the employers will be swept under the rug. Thanks to Trent Lott's time in Washington, they have the most corrupt court "system" in the US. It's no accident that cases like the Deepwater Horizon disaster (including Halliburton) were tried in Mississippi - even though it happened in Louisiana. The jurisdiction was changed and they literally got away with destroying the Gulf of Mexico, probably forever, with barely a slap on the hand.

This was nothing for them and they'll do it again. Maybe even round up the same people.

He seemed very pleased with that raid, because it made his white nationalist sickos happy. They see him as their hero using every tactic to keep Brown and Black immigrants out of America. I doubt any of that will prevent the demographics of America from changing in the future. Trump seems to forget that serving as president is a limited position. I’ll be happy when he’s voted out or possibly impeached.
[Edited 8/13/19 18:56pm]
Reply #228 posted 08/14/19 6:21am

poppys

2elijah said:

poppys said:

lol

He seemed very pleased with that raid, because it made his white nationalist sickos happy. They see him as their hero using every tactic to keep Brown and Black immigrants out of America. I doubt any of that will prevent the demographics of America from changing in the future. Trump seems to forget that serving as president is a limited position. I’ll be happy when he’s voted out or possibly impeached. [Edited 8/13/19 18:56pm]

Major southern swaths have always been black and now becoming brown too. They have ways of "handling" that for centuries.

We saw our first big wave of Mexican workers in New Orleans after Katrina. NO ONE else would wear haz-mat suits in sweltering heat and clean up sites like grocery stores. Imagine if the grocery store in your neighborhood sat for 6 weeks or more without power, fully stocked - the stench of entire shopping centers full of rotting food filled the air for miles. Add in the clean-up of manufacturing and chemical plants. Super dangerous unhealthy work. They were treated very badly here, many day laborers promised pay that were never paid. Some stayed and settled, some moved on to the next disaster.

The fisheries and fish handling plants along the Gulf Coast employed majority asians - mostly Vietnamese. Many of the boat people settled there after the Vietnam war. Some legal, some not. The oil spill took away most of those plants and jobs.

[Edited 8/14/19 6:37am]

Reply #229 posted 08/14/19 7:15am

2elijah

poppys said:

2elijah said:

poppys said:

lol

He seemed very pleased with that raid, because it made his white nationalist sickos happy. They see him as their hero using every tactic to keep Brown and Black immigrants out of America. I doubt any of that will prevent the demographics of America from changing in the future. Trump seems to forget that serving as president is a limited position. I’ll be happy when he’s voted out or possibly impeached. [Edited 8/13/19 18:56pm]

Major southern swaths have always been black and now becoming brown too. They have ways of "handling" that for centuries.

We saw our first big wave of Mexican workers in New Orleans after Katrina. NO ONE else would wear haz-mat suits in sweltering heat and clean up sites like grocery stores. Imagine if the grocery store in your neighborhood sat for 6 weeks or more without power, fully stocked - the stench of entire shopping centers full of rotting food filled the air for miles. Add in the clean-up of manufacturing and chemical plants. Super dangerous unhealthy work. They were treated very badly here, many day laborers promised pay that were never paid. Some stayed and settled, some moved on to the next disaster.

The fisheries and fish handling plants along the Gulf Coast employed majority asians - mostly Vietnamese. Many of the boat people settled there after the Vietnam war. Some legal, some not. The oil spill took away most of those plants and jobs.

Wow, thanks for that info. I really hope some of these companies who employ undocumented workers, get punished/force to pay a penalty for mistreating those workers. I bet they threaten to call ICE on them if they complain about not getting paid.

Some would say and have said, the illegal immigrants who get mistreated know what they’re in for, when they come here illegally, but the fact is, if they didn’t want to work, they wouldn’t accept those type jobs. I just think we need to be a bit more fair on how immigration is handled, and not deliberately target those from specific groups, based on their racial identity. If they are going to deport illegals, then do it in s fair/just way. Also, don’t punish the children and separate them from their parents, when they come in together. If you’re going to force the parents to return, at least let them have their children back.

On the other hand, often times, especially with building maintenance jobs, the management will hire day workers, who are undocumented, instead of citizens. I saw this happen in a building complex I used to live in, and some residents in the community, who were trying to get hired, complained that they were not hiring them, but chose undocumented instead. I don’t know what became of it after I moved, but you see a lot of day workers of various racial identities, on long lines outside of building complexes early in the morning, in Manhattan, hoping to get picked for a day’s work. Many of them are undocumented. Probably less now, because many are scared to get caught, given what’s happening lately.
Reply #230 posted 08/14/19 8:51am

poppys

2elijah said:

poppys said:

Wow, thanks for that info. I really hope some of these companies who employ undocumented workers, get punished/force to pay a penalty for mistreating those workers. I bet they threaten to call ICE on them if they complain about not getting paid. Some would say and have said, the illegal immigrants who get mistreated know what they’re in for, when they come here illegally, but the fact is, if they didn’t want to work, they wouldn’t accept those type jobs. I just think we need to be a bit more fair on how immigration is handled, and not deliberately target those from specific groups, based on their racial identity. If they are going to deport illegals, then do it in s fair/just way. Also, don’t punish the children and separate them from their parents, when they come in together. If you’re going to force the parents to return, at least let them have their children back. On the other hand, often times, especially with building maintenance jobs, the management will hire day workers, who are undocumented, instead of citizens. I saw this happen in a building complex I used to live in, and some residents in the community, who were trying to get hired, complained that they were not hiring them, but chose undocumented instead. I don’t know what became of it after I moved, but you see a lot of day workers of various racial identities, on long lines outside of building complexes early in the morning, in Manhattan, hoping to get picked for a day’s work. Many of them are undocumented. Probably less now, because many are scared to get caught, given what’s happening lately.

Yes, this wave of immigrants are double and triple demonized now in the land of immigrants. Give me your tired, your poor... so I can exploit them and finish them off. More desperate people where they came from. It's pathetic. Makes me sick and ashamed.

Reply #231 posted 08/14/19 11:09pm

2elijah

poppys said:

2elijah said:

poppys said:

Wow, thanks for that info. I really hope some of these companies who employ undocumented workers, get punished/force to pay a penalty for mistreating those workers. I bet they threaten to call ICE on them if they complain about not getting paid. Some would say and have said, the illegal immigrants who get mistreated know what they’re in for, when they come here illegally, but the fact is, if they didn’t want to work, they wouldn’t accept those type jobs. I just think we need to be a bit more fair on how immigration is handled, and not deliberately target those from specific groups, based on their racial identity. If they are going to deport illegals, then do it in s fair/just way. Also, don’t punish the children and separate them from their parents, when they come in together. If you’re going to force the parents to return, at least let them have their children back. On the other hand, often times, especially with building maintenance jobs, the management will hire day workers, who are undocumented, instead of citizens. I saw this happen in a building complex I used to live in, and some residents in the community, who were trying to get hired, complained that they were not hiring them, but chose undocumented instead. I don’t know what became of it after I moved, but you see a lot of day workers of various racial identities, on long lines outside of building complexes early in the morning, in Manhattan, hoping to get picked for a day’s work. Many of them are undocumented. Probably less now, because many are scared to get caught, given what’s happening lately.

Yes, this wave of immigrants are double and triple demonized now in the land of immigrants. Give me your tired, your poor... so I can exploit them and finish them off. More desperate people where they came from. It's pathetic. Makes me sick and ashamed.

Speaking of ‘...tired and poor’ I hear some guy wants the words of the Statue of Liberty changed, to a less warm and inviting one. Go figure.
Reply #232 posted 08/14/19 11:41pm

benni

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

One of the reasons why is because South Korea and Japan have traditionally been very exclusive countries. The culture they live by is a strict culture that tends to be singular in nature. In Amerca, we have always been a melting pot of cultures. There is no single culture in America that is more dominant than any other. In any major city in America, you can find a "Korea town", a "China town", etc. And if you notice, in those areas, they tend to stick with their own culture. But we never once yelled "culture difference" when they chose to do that. Instead, we accepted and we embraced it.

So when racism occurs in the United States, it is very blatant, and it goes against everything we state this country stands for, which is inclusiveness of all people. When someplace like Japan or South Korea does it, they have been, naturally, exclusive countries which maintains their dominant culture. America has NEVER had a single dominant culture.

[Edited 8/14/19 23:46pm]

Reply #233 posted 08/14/19 11:43pm

benni

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

So what do we do with those that are TRYING to come here legally, but they are being turned away at the border and not being allowed to apply for aslyum, or are being put on a wait list and being told they may have several months in which to wait in a country that is corrupt and rife with drug cartels?Do we turn a blind eye and say, "Oh well, they tried to come here legally, but too bad so sad"?

Reply #234 posted 08/15/19 6:31am

2elijah

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

But hasn’t trump pretty much said and done that already? You can’t possibly be living under a rock to not know that. He targets Muslims, immigrants from African countries, Mexicans and Central Americans. He is making the rules different for immigrants and those of specific religious beliefs, from those countries, and people with certain racial identities who happen to be Brown and Black.

Like Benni said this country has always been one of many cultures, not just one, despite its racist history, where early racists intentionally used race for the benefit of power/control over other racial groups here, which contributed to jumpstarting generational, white supremacy ideology beliefs, in this country. An ideology trump promotes, by the racist rhetoric/disrespect he spews about non-White Americans/immigrants, and his dislike for them. He plays to the white nationalist/neo-nazi supporters and to those similar beliefs of many republicans/right wingers.

He doesn’t speak ill of White immigrants whether legal or illegal, so comparing his bias to South Korea or Japan’s refusal to take in middle eastern refugees iis totally different, because America has been selling itself as a country that welcomed immigrants from many countries ... well, at least until trump became president.
[Edited 8/15/19 6:32am]
Reply #235 posted 08/15/19 6:52am

poppys

2elijah said:

poppys said:

Speaking of ‘...tired and poor’ I hear some guy wants the words of the Statue of Liberty changed, to a less warm and inviting one. Go figure.

bawl

Page 8 of 8 <12345678
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Improper Entry of immigrants and Trump