independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 12th Dec 2019 5:29am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Improper Entry of immigrants and Trump
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 07/15/19 7:40pm

djThunderfunk

One does not need to continuously invoke slurs to be anti-racist.

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 07/15/19 7:49pm

poppys

djThunderfunk said:

One does not need to continuously invoke slurs to be anti-racist.

WHAT???

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #152 posted 07/15/19 7:53pm

djThunderfunk

Catch up!

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #153 posted 07/15/19 8:21pm

jjhunsecker

poppys said:

WHAT???

I don't get the point either...and don't really want to , or care ....

Reply #154 posted 07/15/19 8:28pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

WHAT???

He's posting nonsense on multiple threads for days now, like a pathetic methhead on a binge.

Reply #155 posted 07/15/19 8:41pm

djThunderfunk

poppys said:

jjhunsecker said:

He's posting nonsense on multiple threads for days now, like a pathetic methhead on a binge.

Wow! "pathetic methhead on a binge", huh?

Watch it, I might just respond to you in kind and last time I did that it triggered you for years.

[Edited 7/15/19 21:42pm]

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #156 posted 07/16/19 6:33am

2freaky4church

Yea, he does just blurt stuff out. Then uses terrible sources.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #157 posted 07/16/19 6:40am

djThunderfunk

2freaky4church1 said:

falloff lol lol lol

Clearly you're describing yourself. lol

REEFER MADNESS!
Reply #158 posted 07/24/19 4:54pm

DiminutiveRock
er

BREAKING

Trump’s Latest Attempt to Bar Asylum Seekers Is Blocked After a Day of Dueling Rulings

A federal judge issued a preliminary injunction against a new rule that would have effectively banned asylum claims in the United States for most Central American migrants, who have been arriving in record numbers this year. It would have also affected many migrants from Africa, Asia and other regions.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #159 posted 07/26/19 6:08pm

3rdeyedude

Looks like Trump just got funded for his 2.5 billion dollar wall. Looks like he will be our next President. Why can't I move to Canada?

Reply #160 posted 07/26/19 6:51pm

poppys

We need to do what Puerto Rico just did.

Reply #161 posted 07/27/19 4:43pm

guitarslinger4

2freaky4church1 said:

If this is not the pot calling the kettle hilariously black.... lol

At least DJ GIVES sources. Dayum lol
Reply #162 posted 07/27/19 11:23pm

13cjk13

3rdeyedude said:

Looks like Trump just got funded for his 2.5 billion dollar wall. Looks like he will be our next President. Why can't I move to Canada?

2.5 billion will build about 5 miles of 45's wet-dream wall lol And, he'll be in prison so he won't be our next president. Stay here and watch the trial, it'll be a hoot.

[Edited 7/27/19 23:25pm]

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #163 posted 07/30/19 10:53am

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #164 posted 08/08/19 6:27am

2elijah

I wonder if the owners/employers of these fruit farms get arrested as well.

Sad that some of the children of the undocumented, had no one to pick them up from school, when their parents were seized. Many of their parents have been here for more than 10 years, no record of crimes. Something better has to be done. They can’t just break up families and leave the children without no one. They’re being arrested just for the crime of working to feed their families, and at the same time, many of them making small wages.

If they’ve been here for at least 10 years, no record, then at least, try to set them up on a legal pathway to citizenship, especially if they have children here already. There has to be a better way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

ICE agents raid Miss. work sites, arrest 680 people in largest single-state immigration enforcement action in U.S. history

“U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents swept through seven work sites in six cities across Mississippi on Wednesday, arresting approximately 680 people the agency said were undocumented immigrants in what officials said is the largest single-state workplace enforcement action in U.S. history.

The raids targeted agricultural processing plants, part of a year-long investigation into illegal employment of immigrants in the state, officials said. They did not say how many individuals they were targeting in the operations, nor what proportion of those taken into custody were what ICE calls “collateral” arrests — those who were swept up along with those ICE was seeking.

ICE acting director Matthew Albence said at a news conference in Jackson, Miss., that some of those arrested will be prosecuted for crimes, others will be swiftly deported, and some will be released pending immigration court hearings. Albence said the raids were part of normal ICE operations that seek to enforce U.S. immigration.”
[Edited 8/8/19 6:35am]
Reply #165 posted 08/08/19 7:07am

jjhunsecker

2elijah said:

I wonder if the owners/employers of these fruit farms get arrested as well. Sad that some of the children of the undocumented, had no one to pick them up from school, when their parents were seized. Many of their parents have been here for more than 10 years, no record of crimes. Something better has to be done. They can’t just break up families and leave the children without no one. They’re being arrested just for the crime of working to feed their families, and at the same time, many of them making small wages. If they’ve been here for at least 10 years, no record, then at least, try to set them up on a legal pathway to citizenship, especially if they have children here already. There has to be a better way. https://www.washingtonpost.com/ ICE agents raid Miss. work sites, arrest 680 people in largest single-state immigration enforcement action in U.S. history “U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents swept through seven work sites in six cities across Mississippi on Wednesday, arresting approximately 680 people the agency said were undocumented immigrants in what officials said is the largest single-state workplace enforcement action in U.S. history. The raids targeted agricultural processing plants, part of a year-long investigation into illegal employment of immigrants in the state, officials said. They did not say how many individuals they were targeting in the operations, nor what proportion of those taken into custody were what ICE calls “collateral” arrests — those who were swept up along with those ICE was seeking. ICE acting director Matthew Albence said at a news conference in Jackson, Miss., that some of those arrested will be prosecuted for crimes, others will be swiftly deported, and some will be released pending immigration court hearings. Albence said the raids were part of normal ICE operations that seek to enforce U.S. immigration.” [Edited 8/8/19 6:35am]

That's always been my issue- the employers who have in many cases exploited these undocumented workers, and made higher profits by doing so and probably paying them a lower wage, how come THEY are never held responsible, but hard-working people who are doing anything to feed their families are the ones arrested and demonized, especially by the Right ?

Reply #166 posted 08/08/19 7:19am

jjhunsecker

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

nod

Yes, JJ is right because that’s what (bolded part) they call them behind closed doors.

You know that Trump and his follwere call these people all sorts of slurs when they are together and out of earshot of the press

Reply #167 posted 08/08/19 7:35am

DiminutiveRock
er

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said: Yes, JJ is right because that’s what (bolded part) they call them behind closed doors.

You know that Trump and his follwere call these people all sorts of slurs when they are together and out of earshot of the press

I am pretty sure this talk even happens on airforce one neutral

Reply #168 posted 08/08/19 8:20am

RodeoSchro

2elijah said:

Well, most of them are white Republicans so I highly doubt they faced any penalties at all.

Of course, now they don't have their labor force.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #169 posted 08/08/19 8:21am

RodeoSchro

Green Shirt Guy provides the laughs we need!

https://www.cnn.com/video...kg-vpx.cnn

The other hero in this video is the guy in the red and white shirt who tells the MAGA in the Daisy Dukes, "You're in direct violation of being a jackass!"

falloff

P&R's Palladin
Reply #170 posted 08/08/19 8:26am

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said: Yes, JJ is right because that’s what (bolded part) they call them behind closed doors.

I am pretty sure this talk even happens on airforce one neutral

Oh yeah, I can believe that. Sadly we are seeing so many children of undocumented workers, ending up in child care services, because their parents are taken away. There has to be a way they can reconnect these children with their parents/family members. Especially those children who were born here as American citizens, and now have to experience losing their parents at no fault of their own. It’s heartbreaking seeing the kids cry.

There’s a war on Latinos based on the fear of them becoming a majority population in America, in the near future. I wonder if the same will happen to the next group that may be the possible majority, in the future, like Asians, because their population is increasing as well in America.

This report is from 2017:
https://www.pewresearch.o...americans/

SEPTEMBER 8, 2017
Key facts about Asian Americans, a diverse and growing population

BY GUSTAVO LÓPEZ, NEIL G. RUIZ AND EILEEN PATTEN

“The U.S. Asian population grew 72% between 2000 and 2015 (from 11.9 million to 20.4 million), the fastest growth rate of any major racial or ethnic group. By comparison, the population of the second-fastest growing group, Hispanics, increased 60% during the same period.”
[Edited 8/8/19 8:55am]
Reply #171 posted 08/08/19 8:43am

2elijah

RodeoSchro said:

2elijah said:

Well, most of them are white Republicans so I highly doubt they faced any penalties at all.

They use them as cheap labor because they don’t want to provide decent, living wages, benefits to those who are Americans and even to immigrants who have become American citizens.
[Edited 8/8/19 8:43am]
Reply #172 posted 08/08/19 8:51am

RodeoSchro

2elijah said:

RodeoSchro said:

They use them as cheap labor because they don’t want to provide decent, living wages, benefits to those who are Americans and even to immigrants who have become American citizens. [Edited 8/8/19 8:43am]

Apparently the biggest chicken plant in Mississippi was NOT raided yesterday. But I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Tyson Foods is a big supporter of unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #173 posted 08/08/19 8:54am

2elijah

RodeoSchro said:

2elijah said:

RodeoSchro said:

They use them as cheap labor because they don’t want to provide decent, living wages, benefits to those who are Americans and even to immigrants who have become American citizens. [Edited 8/8/19 8:43am]

Apparently the biggest chicken plant in Mississippi was NOT raided yesterday. But I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Tyson Foods is a big supporter of unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump.

Sigh.. I’ve bought their products too. Sad to hear they support him though
Reply #174 posted 08/08/19 11:42am

Astasheiks

2elijah said:

I wonder if the owners/employers of these fruit farms get arrested as well. Sad that some of the children of the undocumented, had no one to pick them up from school, when their parents were seized. Many of their parents have been here for more than 10 years, no record of crimes. Something better has to be done. They can’t just break up families and leave the children without no one. They’re being arrested just for the crime of working to feed their families, and at the same time, many of them making small wages. If they’ve been here for at least 10 years, no record, then at least, try to set them up on a legal pathway to citizenship, especially if they have children here already. There has to be a better way. [url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/[/url] ICE agents raid Miss. work sites, arrest 680 people in largest single-state immigration enforcement action in U.S. history “U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents swept through seven work sites in six cities across Mississippi on Wednesday, arresting approximately 680 people the agency said were undocumented immigrants in what officials said is the largest single-state workplace enforcement action in U.S. history. The raids targeted agricultural processing plants, part of a year-long investigation into illegal employment of immigrants in the state, officials said. They did not say how many individuals they were targeting in the operations, nor what proportion of those taken into custody were what ICE calls “collateral” arrests — those who were swept up along with those ICE was seeking. ICE acting director Matthew Albence said at a news conference in Jackson, Miss., that some of those arrested will be prosecuted for crimes, others will be swiftly deported, and some will be released pending immigration court hearings. Albence said the raids were part of normal ICE operations that seek to enforce U.S. immigration.” [Edited 8/8/19 6:35am]

If they are doing working basically White Folks (especially Republican White Folks) don't want to do whats the problem. Even if it was a problem then they should have a immigration process to process those people and let them go back to work and do the jobs Republican White Folks don't want to do!!!!! eek confused eek Or can they get enough Poor Whites and Poor Blacks to take these jobs???

[Edited 8/8/19 11:42am]

Reply #175 posted 08/08/19 11:43am

Astasheiks

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

What does this mean?

Reply #176 posted 08/08/19 7:09pm

guitarslinger4

Astasheiks said:

2elijah said:

I wonder if the owners/employers of these fruit farms get arrested as well. Sad that some of the children of the undocumented, had no one to pick them up from school, when their parents were seized. Many of their parents have been here for more than 10 years, no record of crimes. Something better has to be done. They can’t just break up families and leave the children without no one. They’re being arrested just for the crime of working to feed their families, and at the same time, many of them making small wages. If they’ve been here for at least 10 years, no record, then at least, try to set them up on a legal pathway to citizenship, especially if they have children here already. There has to be a better way. [url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/[/url] ICE agents raid Miss. work sites, arrest 680 people in largest single-state immigration enforcement action in U.S. history “U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents swept through seven work sites in six cities across Mississippi on Wednesday, arresting approximately 680 people the agency said were undocumented immigrants in what officials said is the largest single-state workplace enforcement action in U.S. history. The raids targeted agricultural processing plants, part of a year-long investigation into illegal employment of immigrants in the state, officials said. They did not say how many individuals they were targeting in the operations, nor what proportion of those taken into custody were what ICE calls “collateral” arrests — those who were swept up along with those ICE was seeking. ICE acting director Matthew Albence said at a news conference in Jackson, Miss., that some of those arrested will be prosecuted for crimes, others will be swiftly deported, and some will be released pending immigration court hearings. Albence said the raids were part of normal ICE operations that seek to enforce U.S. immigration.” [Edited 8/8/19 6:35am]

If they are doing working basically White Folks (especially Republican White Folks) don't want to do whats the problem. Even if it was a problem then they should have a immigration process to process those people and let them go back to work and do the jobs Republican White Folks don't want to do!!!!! eek confused eek Or can they get enough Poor Whites and Poor Blacks to take these jobs???

It's not that Americans don't want those jobs, it's that the employers know there's a steady stream of immigrants, both legal and otherwise, who will take said jobs for a fraction of the what an American would need to be paid, and they won't have to pay benefits, workman's comp, etc to boot. Like 2elijah said, they get used as cheap labor because employers don't want to pay actual wages.

Reply #177 posted 08/08/19 9:42pm

jjhunsecker

guitarslinger44 said:

Astasheiks said:

2elijah said:

It's not that Americans don't want those jobs, it's that the employers know there's a steady stream of immigrants, both legal and otherwise, who will take said jobs for a fraction of the what an American would need to be paid, and they won't have to pay benefits, workman's comp, etc to boot. Like 2elijah said, they get used as cheap labor because employers don't want to pay actual wages.

But very few demonize or attack those EMPLOYERS with a same vitriol, and in many cases outright hatred, that they reserve for the immigrant workers, (who are generally doing whatever they can to support their families). Wonder why???
Reply #178 posted 08/09/19 8:34am

guitarslinger4

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

Astasheiks said:

2elijah said:

But very few demonize or attack those EMPLOYERS with a same vitriol, and in many cases outright hatred, that they reserve for the immigrant workers, (who are generally doing whatever they can to support their families). Wonder why???

Most people don't extrapolate the issue beyond people jumping the border. I used to work at a place that employed a lot of illegal folks and people who were here on student visas who weren't supposed to have jobs. I agree that employers need to be held accountable, but this is sort of a chicken and egg problem.
Reply #179 posted 08/09/19 10:29am

RodeoSchro

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:
Most people don't extrapolate the issue beyond people jumping the border. I used to work at a place that employed a lot of illegal folks and people who were here on student visas who weren't supposed to have jobs. I agree that employers need to be held accountable, but this is sort of a chicken and egg problem.

No, it's not a chicken and egg problem.

Ther very same people who bleat "Enforce our laws! Deport immigrants! Enforce our laws!!!!!!" lose their minds if the government enforces the "employer responsibility" laws.

Just another indication that racism is the base for all this. Deport the brown law-breakers; leave the white law-breakers alone.

P&R's Palladin
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Improper Entry of immigrants and Trump