independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 20th Jul 2019 11:17am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Improper Entry of immigrants and Trump
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/19/19 8:06am

13cjk13

benni said:

AMERICA1ST said:

Illegal immigrants are illegal, They should not be given special rights to circumvent the law. Americans are held to the law so anyone coming here should be held to the law. Its that sipe. Illegal immigrants labot surpress wages for real Americans. They do take jobsd that Americans - specificallt African Ameicans - rely on. They flood public schools with the unvaccinated children who dont speak English. They overcorwd working class neighborhoods - again, mostly black communties - with mutliple families in a single family home. Many times they get governemtn funds intended to help AMericans buy homes. They do get welfare, food stamps, and helathcare - often in greater amounts than needy Americans. They do get money for education and in-state tuition they Americans from out of state cannot get. That is just some of the truth and the media is doing Americans a true disservice through liberal bias and fake news.



I've provided sources to back up what I have stated, please provide sources to back up your claims. Otherwise, it is just Trumpism talking points.

yeahthat Wait for a link to Breitbart or Newsmax or some other wacko-racist site.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/19/19 10:49am

2elijah

avatar

^^^ Yep. It’s a bait post full of trumpcrack.
[Edited 6/19/19 10:55am]
As an American you have a right to question/call your country out on its wrongs/injustices. That doesn’t make you un-American nor does anyone have a right to tell you to leave, because you have the courage to stand up against any injustice in this count
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 06/19/19 10:58am

poppys

2elijah said:

^^^ Yep. It’s a bait post full of trumpcrack.


lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 06/19/19 9:29pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:

2elijah said:

poppys said: Very little or close to zero. His target is mainly illegal, Latino immigrants and other immigrants of color. He would never start a complaint war specifically against white, illegal immigrants because they are not his targets or the ones he despises.



Those are the immigrants that are here illegally in the greatest numbers. If there were white immigrants from places like Canada, Europe or Scandinavia that were coming illegally in the numbers that Hispanic immigrants were, I'm sure they'd be part of this dragnet too, but folks from those areas of the world tend to stay there. Same with Asians. But those folks would all have to cross an ocean to get here and that's a much bigger expense/gamble than coming up by land.

Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.



If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 06/19/19 9:31pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

benni said:


That was my first thought, too.



And mine....

I suspect that this is a former poster returning under a new name

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 06/19/19 9:34pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

Trump doesn't hate "illegal immigrants", he hates sp**cs

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 06/20/19 2:19pm

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:



guitarslinger44 said:




2elijah said:


poppys said: Very little or close to zero. His target is mainly illegal, Latino immigrants and other immigrants of color. He would never start a complaint war specifically against white, illegal immigrants because they are not his targets or the ones he despises.



Those are the immigrants that are here illegally in the greatest numbers. If there were white immigrants from places like Canada, Europe or Scandinavia that were coming illegally in the numbers that Hispanic immigrants were, I'm sure they'd be part of this dragnet too, but folks from those areas of the world tend to stay there. Same with Asians. But those folks would all have to cross an ocean to get here and that's a much bigger expense/gamble than coming up by land.




Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.






If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"


Lol, exactly JJ.

He never complains about illegal, White immigrants, because he has no problem with them being here, because they are White. His focus is mainly on the Brown and Black immigrants whether illegal or legal. His fear of the Browning of America, and the voting/political power they will have, based on the predicted demographic shift heading towards 2045, and White Americans becoming a minority. Trump and the right wingers/conservatives are trying to delay/prevent that shift with the immigration issue, along with the abortion issue. One of the reasons many repub, elected officials are silent on trump’s immigration tactics. They back him on it.

He’s also threatening to deport millions of undocumented immigrants next week. I bet it’s not difficult to figure out which ones he wants ICE to go after.
[Edited 6/20/19 14:24pm]
As an American you have a right to question/call your country out on its wrongs/injustices. That doesn’t make you un-American nor does anyone have a right to tell you to leave, because you have the courage to stand up against any injustice in this count
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 06/21/19 1:26pm

Astasheiks

avatar

ICE set to begin immigration raids in 10 cities on Sunday

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 06/21/19 1:31pm

Astasheiks

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:



Those are the immigrants that are here illegally in the greatest numbers. If there were white immigrants from places like Canada, Europe or Scandinavia that were coming illegally in the numbers that Hispanic immigrants were, I'm sure they'd be part of this dragnet too, but folks from those areas of the world tend to stay there. Same with Asians. But those folks would all have to cross an ocean to get here and that's a much bigger expense/gamble than coming up by land.

Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.



If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"

Tell It, my brother!!! biggrin eek razz

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 06/22/19 10:15am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:



Those are the immigrants that are here illegally in the greatest numbers. If there were white immigrants from places like Canada, Europe or Scandinavia that were coming illegally in the numbers that Hispanic immigrants were, I'm sure they'd be part of this dragnet too, but folks from those areas of the world tend to stay there. Same with Asians. But those folks would all have to cross an ocean to get here and that's a much bigger expense/gamble than coming up by land.

Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.



If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"


^Exactly clapping

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 06/23/19 8:35am

benni

avatar

I read a series of tweets today that I wanted to share here (due to those tweets I'll be changing the title of this thread, because she made an excellent point):

Aura Bogado @aurabogado (Investigative immigration reporter ):


Illegal is an incorrect and hateful term. And it's especially inaccurate in this context. Allow me to explain.

Since people like to bring up following the law, they should probably know what it is, and what it isn't. The federal misdemeanor, § 1325, is improper entry. It's a misdemeanor, not a felony. The law is written as improper (not illegal) entry.

If you're convicted under § 1325 and return without authorization you may then be charged under federal felony, § 1326, for re-entry. That's it. Those are the only two immigration crimes in the United States of America.

As far as I know, no child has ever been tried under § 1325 (or therefore under § 1326). So to write, as so many reporters surprisingly do, that a child entered "illegally" is ignorant.

But what about adults who stand accused of breaking the law? Well, when reporters write about people who're charged, we always use words like alleged or suspected. Even when there's video and other clear evidence, it's always alleged until the person in question is found guilty*.

*except with it comes to brown people crossing the border. There's an unstated exception, to the point where it's now standard, to use a presumed crime to write that someone is "illegal," it that they crossed "illegally." It's plainly wrong and it's unethical.

It's especially troubling because a lot of the people that you read about who are described as having "crossed illegally" haven't even been charged. There isn't even a legal allegation of a crime yet the writing already suggests a conviction.

When it comes to ICE operations (the pending ones aren't exactly raids, but I'll save that for another day), we're talking about people who have never even been charged with a crime. That's because most immigration law in the United States are civil. Not criminal.

The family members that are reportedly being targeted for removal? My guess is somewhere between 99-100% have never been charged with the federal misdemeanor of improper entry. That's why ICE technically "detains" instead of "arrests." Because we're talking about a civil issue.

In fact, some of those family members entered *with* authorization. But the civil law that applied to them may have altered their authorization. Like most things, it's complicated. And using the term "illegal" to apply to an entire class of people is not a good thing. Do better.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 06/24/19 3:15pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

As if there were not enough reaosns to despise this current adminstration - this one is the worst:

BREAKING NEWS
Hundreds of migrant children were transferred out of a Border Patrol station where they had no access to soap, clean clothes or adequate food.

Monday, June 24, 2019 5:54 PM EST

The move came days after a group of lawyers was given access to the station in Clint, Tex., and said they saw children as young as 8 caring for infants, toddlers with no diapers, and children who said they were waking up at night because they were hungry.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 06/24/19 4:18pm

poppys

He just called it off - with threats to Dems to do what he and his cronies want.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 06/25/19 11:44am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

BREAKING NEWS

The acting head of Customs and Border Protection is resigning, as public fury mounts over migrant children held in filthy, overcrowded conditions.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 12:38 PM EST

The Customs and Border Protection agency’s acting commissioner, John Sanders, is expected to step down in the coming weeks as the government’s primary border enforcement executive, a federal official said Tuesday, a development that comes as the agency faces continuing public fury over the treatment of detained migrant children.

The news of the resignation came shortly after agency officials disclosed that more than 100 children have been returned to a troubled Border Patrol station in Clint, Tex., a location where a group of lawyers who visited recently said hundreds of minor detainees had been housed for weeks without access to showers, clean clothing, or sufficient food.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 06/25/19 12:06pm

guitarslinger4
4

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:



Those are the immigrants that are here illegally in the greatest numbers. If there were white immigrants from places like Canada, Europe or Scandinavia that were coming illegally in the numbers that Hispanic immigrants were, I'm sure they'd be part of this dragnet too, but folks from those areas of the world tend to stay there. Same with Asians. But those folks would all have to cross an ocean to get here and that's a much bigger expense/gamble than coming up by land.

Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.



If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"


You should read the Times article poppys posted on the last page. White illegal immigrants are a very small minority according to the chart in the article and, so much so that they don't even warrant their own space on the chart other than "other countries." People who come in on visas are coming here legally but then slipping into illegal status by overstaying them, I even know some people like that, whites even, and they do their best to blend in and not attract any attention which is why they don't get hassled as much.

I bet if more of the Hispanic immigrants came here with solid English skills, they would probably blend in well and not get hassled either. But someone who barely speaks english and doesn't know how things works here, they give themselves away.

Maybe Trump and his people wouldn't get as uppity about white immigrants, but they're a much much smaller number than the hispanic ones, one that barely registers in comparison, so it's all conjecture either way.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 06/25/19 2:09pm

benni

avatar

"U.S. policy has drastically reduced the number of migrants who are allowed to request asylum, down from dozens per day previously to sometimes just a handful at some ports of entry."

There is an extremely sad photo with the following link. I'm letting you know this, because can be triggering for some people. A father and his 23 month old daughter drowned trying to cross the Rio Grande, because they were frustrated that they had not been allowed to present themselves to Border Patrol to request asylum.


https://apnews.com/2f8422...3d939063a9

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 06/25/19 2:23pm

poppys

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:

Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.



If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"


You should read the Times article poppys posted on the last page. White illegal immigrants are a very small minority according to the chart in the article and, so much so that they don't even warrant their own space on the chart other than "other countries." People who come in on visas are coming here legally but then slipping into illegal status by overstaying them, I even know some people like that, whites even, and they do their best to blend in and not attract any attention which is why they don't get hassled as much.

I bet if more of the Hispanic immigrants came here with solid English skills, they would probably blend in well and not get hassled either. But someone who barely speaks english and doesn't know how things works here, they give themselves away.

Maybe Trump and his people wouldn't get as uppity about white immigrants, but they're a much much smaller number than the hispanic ones, one that barely registers in comparison, so it's all conjecture either way.


Bullshit he wouldn't. Trump is racist through and through. Whoever can't acknowledge that is not seeing reality.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 06/25/19 3:09pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

poppys said:

guitarslinger44 said:


You should read the Times article poppys posted on the last page. White illegal immigrants are a very small minority according to the chart in the article and, so much so that they don't even warrant their own space on the chart other than "other countries." People who come in on visas are coming here legally but then slipping into illegal status by overstaying them, I even know some people like that, whites even, and they do their best to blend in and not attract any attention which is why they don't get hassled as much.

I bet if more of the Hispanic immigrants came here with solid English skills, they would probably blend in well and not get hassled either. But someone who barely speaks english and doesn't know how things works here, they give themselves away.

Maybe Trump and his people wouldn't get as uppity about white immigrants, but they're a much much smaller number than the hispanic ones, one that barely registers in comparison, so it's all conjecture either way.


Bullshit he wouldn't. Trump is racist through and through. Whoever can't acknowledge that is not seeing reality.


Exactly.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 06/26/19 2:54pm

benni

avatar

I can honestly say that I hate Trump:


https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1143941158877499394


The link has a video.

Trump comments on photo of dead child & father along banks of Rio Grande: "That's like I've been saying -- if they fixed the laws you wouldn't have that." He then pivots to talk about how "children are actually being brought into slavedom," which he blames on Democrats.



This man has absolutely NO empathy for anyone. I have decided that he is not a narcissist but a psychopath.


https://www.healthyplace....and-causes

[Edited 6/26/19 14:54pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 06/26/19 3:07pm

benni

avatar

https://twitter.com/atrup...5487234053


Trump doesn't agree with more funding for border facilities.

Claims that child separation was all on "Obama" and that he stopped it.

And yet, the court ruled that he had to get families back together:


https://www.vox.com/2018/...line-trump

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 06/26/19 3:54pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

We have a very evil man as President. He is now killing kids.

At least the NRA seems to be tanking.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 06/26/19 4:12pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



poppys said:




guitarslinger44 said:




You should read the Times article poppys posted on the last page. White illegal immigrants are a very small minority according to the chart in the article and, so much so that they don't even warrant their own space on the chart other than "other countries." People who come in on visas are coming here legally but then slipping into illegal status by overstaying them, I even know some people like that, whites even, and they do their best to blend in and not attract any attention which is why they don't get hassled as much.

I bet if more of the Hispanic immigrants came here with solid English skills, they would probably blend in well and not get hassled either. But someone who barely speaks english and doesn't know how things works here, they give themselves away.

Maybe Trump and his people wouldn't get as uppity about white immigrants, but they're a much much smaller number than the hispanic ones, one that barely registers in comparison, so it's all conjecture either way.




Bullshit he wouldn't. Trump is racist through and through. Whoever can't acknowledge that is not seeing reality.




Exactly.



So true... Trump MARRIES illegal White immigrants (like wives one and three)
It's sp**s and we****ks that he hates
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 06/26/19 4:19pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:



jjhunsecker said:




guitarslinger44 said:





Those are the immigrants that are here illegally in the greatest numbers. If there were white immigrants from places like Canada, Europe or Scandinavia that were coming illegally in the numbers that Hispanic immigrants were, I'm sure they'd be part of this dragnet too, but folks from those areas of the world tend to stay there. Same with Asians. But those folks would all have to cross an ocean to get here and that's a much bigger expense/gamble than coming up by land.




Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.






If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"




You should read the Times article poppys posted on the last page. White illegal immigrants are a very small minority according to the chart in the article and, so much so that they don't even warrant their own space on the chart other than "other countries." People who come in on visas are coming here legally but then slipping into illegal status by overstaying them, I even know some people like that, whites even, and they do their best to blend in and not attract any attention which is why they don't get hassled as much.

I bet if more of the Hispanic immigrants came here with solid English skills, they would probably blend in well and not get hassled either. But someone who barely speaks english and doesn't know how things works here, they give themselves away.

Maybe Trump and his people wouldn't get as uppity about white immigrants, but they're a much much smaller number than the hispanic ones, one that barely registers in comparison, so it's all conjecture either way.



No, they give themselves away by having darker complexions and non-Caucasian features.

You yourself just said here that Whites "blend in" better.... people don't question the English nannies (I knew dozens who were here in NYC illegally) or the Irish bartender or the Polish roofer... they were "acceptable ".

But if they were dark and spoke with a Spanish accent- that's a different story!

If you don't think that's the most important factor, then sorry, but you're delusional
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 06/26/19 4:34pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


Exactly.


So true... Trump MARRIES illegal White immigrants (like wives one and three) It's sp**s and we****ks that he hates


Even people at his golf courses etc, that worked for him, sometimes for decades, and thought he had their back. Nope.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 06/27/19 2:46am

jjhunsecker

avatar

poppys said:

jjhunsecker said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

So true... Trump MARRIES illegal White immigrants (like wives one and three) It's sp**s and we****ks that he hates


Even people at his golf courses etc, that worked for him, sometimes for decades, and thought he had their back. Nope.

That's true- he hired undocumented immigrants for decades- and when it was politically expedient, threw them into the street and to the wolves....he's a truly dispicable man

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 06/27/19 5:13am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:


Even people at his golf courses etc, that worked for him, sometimes for decades, and thought he had their back. Nope.

That's true- he hired undocumented immigrants for decades- and when it was politically expedient, threw them into the street and to the wolves....he's a truly dispicable man


Still separating families at the border and immigrant children are being treated worse than animals in a shelter. disbelief

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 06/27/19 12:49pm

benni

avatar

Someone made a point that if they were POWs they would be treated better. They would have the basic necessities.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 06/28/19 1:40pm

guitarslinger4
4

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:



jjhunsecker said:




guitarslinger44 said:





Those are the immigrants that are here illegally in the greatest numbers. If there were white immigrants from places like Canada, Europe or Scandinavia that were coming illegally in the numbers that Hispanic immigrants were, I'm sure they'd be part of this dragnet too, but folks from those areas of the world tend to stay there. Same with Asians. But those folks would all have to cross an ocean to get here and that's a much bigger expense/gamble than coming up by land.




Not true....there are tons of illegal Irish, Polish, and Russian immigrants in NYC alone (along with other major cities). And the majority of so-called illegal immigrants are those who FLY into America, and overstay their visas and never leave.






If you REALLY believe that Trump and his followers would be equally riled up by illegal WHITE immigrants....well, I'll just have to quote Michael Corleone and say "Who's being naive now, Kay ?"




You should read the Times article poppys posted on the last page. White illegal immigrants are a very small minority according to the chart in the article and, so much so that they don't even warrant their own space on the chart other than "other countries." People who come in on visas are coming here legally but then slipping into illegal status by overstaying them, I even know some people like that, whites even, and they do their best to blend in and not attract any attention which is why they don't get hassled as much.

I bet if more of the Hispanic immigrants came here with solid English skills, they would probably blend in well and not get hassled either. But someone who barely speaks english and doesn't know how things works here, they give themselves away.

Maybe Trump and his people wouldn't get as uppity about white immigrants, but they're a much much smaller number than the hispanic ones, one that barely registers in comparison, so it's all conjecture either way.



No, they give themselves away by having darker complexions and non-Caucasian features.

You yourself just said here that Whites "blend in" better.... people don't question the English nannies (I knew dozens who were here in NYC illegally) or the Irish bartender or the Polish roofer... they were "acceptable ".

But if they were dark and spoke with a Spanish accent- that's a different story!

If you don't think that's the most important factor, then sorry, but you're delusional


That's your opinion and you have a right to it. But anywhere you go, if you speak the language well and have knowledge of the local customs, you'll blend in a lot better than someone who doesn't.

And if you'd read the NYT article, you'd have seen that Hispanic folks are the vast majority of illegals, far more than whites, so of course you're going to hewr more about brown people getting picked up by ICE.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 06/28/19 2:30pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:



No, they give themselves away by having darker complexions and non-Caucasian features.

You yourself just said here that Whites "blend in" better.... people don't question the English nannies (I knew dozens who were here in NYC illegally) or the Irish bartender or the Polish roofer... they were "acceptable ".

But if they were dark and spoke with a Spanish accent- that's a different story!

If you don't think that's the most important factor, then sorry, but you're delusional


That's your opinion and you have a right to it. But anywhere you go, if you speak the language well and have knowledge of the local customs, you'll blend in a lot better than someone who doesn't.

And if you'd read the NYT article, you'd have seen that Hispanic folks are the vast majority of illegals, far more than whites, so of course you're going to hewr more about brown people getting picked up by ICE.


Anywhere you go, if you LOOK and SOUND different , and belong to a group that some people dislike intensely, you will stand out and not be able to "assimilate " easily, if at all. Especially if you have been demonized and scapegoated for the same actions that even you have said you know of people who have gotten away with.

I don't think you grasp how much race and ethnicity play into this whole situation.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 06/28/19 2:43pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:



No, they give themselves away by having darker complexions and non-Caucasian features.

You yourself just said here that Whites "blend in" better.... people don't question the English nannies (I knew dozens who were here in NYC illegally) or the Irish bartender or the Polish roofer... they were "acceptable ".

But if they were dark and spoke with a Spanish accent- that's a different story!

If you don't think that's the most important factor, then sorry, but you're delusional


That's your opinion and you have a right to it. But anywhere you go, if you speak the language well and have knowledge of the local customs, you'll blend in a lot better than someone who doesn't.

And if you'd read the NYT article, you'd have seen that Hispanic folks are the vast majority of illegals, far more than whites, so of course you're going to hewr more about brown people getting picked up by ICE.


I don't know if you are legitimately naive in not understanding the depths of American racism and bigotry, or deliberately naive to try to make a political point.

But if you TRULY THINK that if millions of Swedes and Russians and Trump's beloved Norwegians coming into this country illegally would create the same reaction as "sp**s" , then I truly wonder if you are fully versed in American history and culture.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Improper Entry of immigrants and Trump