independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 19th Jul 2019 8:00pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Let’s talk democratic presidential contenders 2020 (continued)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/14/19 9:04am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

2freaky4church1 said:

Yang is awful. He's a closet libertarian.

Closet libertarians are for Universal Basic Income?

Sounds more like Bernie or AOC
Persistent Turd is the shit.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/14/19 9:08am

RodeoSchro

2freaky4church1 said:

Yang is awful. He's a closet libertarian.

Prove it.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #32 posted 06/14/19 9:09am

poppys

And so far, not one Repub running against Trump for the nom.

Reply #33 posted 06/14/19 9:16am

RodeoSchro

poppys said:

Is William Weld still running? I hadn't heard that he'd dropped out.

But the truth is that no one has a chance to unseat unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump for the GOP nomination. Anyone running against him is, at the end of the day, throwing money into the wind just to prove a point.

As much as I'd like to see that point proved, I can't blame someone for not wanting to shred some dollar bills over it. If they want to spend their money to defeat unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump, give it to whomever wins the Democratic nomination.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #34 posted 06/14/19 10:39am

jaawwnn

I listened to Yang on Joe Rogan (not a fan of JR, but wanted to hear a long interview) and he seems good-hearted - hard to tell if he'd be any good though. I suspect not since he seems to be basically just a standard neoliberal with a few quirks, but yeah he's a weird one, I have a strange feeling he could beat Trump before Biden could. Obviously he's no Bernie. Any other election and i'd say he's not a serious candidate, but hey, Trump!

[Edited 6/14/19 10:41am]

Reply #35 posted 06/14/19 10:52am

RodeoSchro

jaawwnn said:

I listened to Yang on Joe Rogan (not a fan of JR, but wanted to hear a long interview) and he seems good-hearted - hard to tell if he'd be any good though. I suspect not since he seems to be basically just a standard neoliberal with a few quirks, but yeah he's a weird one, I have a strange feeling he could beat Trump before Biden could. Obviously he's no Bernie. Any other election and i'd say he's not a serious candidate, but hey, Trump!

I doubt he's got a snowball's chance, but I'd like to hear some of his ideas.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #36 posted 06/14/19 11:18am

poppys

RodeoSchro said:

poppys said:

Is William Weld still running? I hadn't heard that he'd dropped out.

Did not remember that. He came out this week against Trump saying he would use election info from a foreign government.

Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld (R), who is challenging President Trump for the 2020 GOP nomination, renewed his calls for Trump to resign after Trump said he might not call the FBI if a foreign power offered damaging information on a political opponent.

Reply #37 posted 06/14/19 11:34am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

RodeoSchro said:

jaawwnn said:

I doubt he's got a snowball's chance, but I'd like to hear some of his ideas.

I doubt he has a chance either. The sort of thing he is working towards requires a POLITICIAN. He’d have to make a shit load of deals to get something like a universal living wage passed. I don’t think there is anyone alive that could finagle that, let alone someone no one has ever heard of.
Reply #38 posted 06/14/19 4:03pm

RodeoSchro

The Yang Train™© has left the station and is picking up speed!

"I have an 8% chance of standing next to @JoeBiden and that's the plan, because I want America to google 'Asian man standing next to Joe Biden' when they turn on the debate." - @AndrewYang

********************************************************************************

NOTE: LEGAL DISCLAIMER: WARNING TO ALL: I have posted "Trademark" and "Copyright" symbols next to "The Yang Train™©" which - NOTICE TO THE WORLD - also applies to just "Yang Train™©". Per legal advice posted by internet lawyers, I can sue you for ten gajillion dollars if you use either of those trand marked/copyrighted things without my permission. Henceforth and therewith, if you use both of them then I can sue you for twenty gajillion dollars.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #39 posted 06/14/19 4:03pm

RodeoSchro

^And just because I misspelled "trade marked" doesn't mean I still can't sue you for ten gajillion dollars.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #40 posted 06/14/19 4:39pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

^
There’s already an “adult” film called The Yang Train.

At least we must assume there is
[Edited 6/14/19 16:40pm]
Reply #41 posted 06/14/19 4:47pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Reply #42 posted 06/16/19 3:32pm

RodeoSchro

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

^ There’s already an “adult” film called The Yang Train. At least we must assume there is [Edited 6/14/19 16:40pm]

falloff

P&R's Palladin
Reply #43 posted 06/16/19 3:33pm

RodeoSchro

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

https://yangtrain.co/

Well if they didn't copyright and trademark all that stuff on Prince.org, then according to some internet lawyers I am the owner of it all!

P&R's Palladin
Reply #44 posted 06/17/19 4:48am

PennyPurple

Watched just a snip of Biden speaking this weekend. Something seems wrong with him, he was slow speaking, and seems a little unsure of himself. Biden used to be up on the game, doesn't seem like he is anymore.

I will not vote Republican ever, ever, ever again. The dems need to up their game or we will never get that SOB out of the WH.

Reply #45 posted 06/17/19 5:55am

poppys

PennyPurple said:

Watched just a snip of Biden speaking this weekend. Something seems wrong with him, he was slow speaking, and seems a little unsure of himself. Biden used to be up on the game, doesn't seem like he is anymore.

I will not vote Republican ever, ever, ever again. The dems need to up their game or we will never get that SOB out of the WH.

He's still beating Trump in internal Trump polls according to the George Stephanopoulos interview this weekend. All of the top Dems are beating Trump in various polls, including Fox News (Trump says he doesn't believe any of them).

Lol, Trump fired his pollsters and says the polls don't exist according to CBS today.

[Edited 6/17/19 8:59am]

Reply #46 posted 06/17/19 7:49am

2freaky4church

Yang has horrible ideas. No wonder a certain person hates Chomsky.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #47 posted 06/17/19 7:50am

2freaky4church

Yang wants to end food stamps, end welfare for ubi. End housing subsidary. Yang is against jobs program. He is against minimum wage. He wants robots to take over. Fuck that.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #48 posted 06/17/19 8:53am

RodeoSchro

You had me until the part about robots taking over. Your post reminds me of the worst movie I have seen in at least 35 years, "The Dead Don't Die".

Is that the movie you're in? I was looking for you, but I didn't notice any shots in a library.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #49 posted 06/17/19 9:03am

poppys

2freaky4church1 said:

Yang wants to end food stamps, end welfare for ubi. End housing subsidary. Yang is against jobs program. He is against minimum wage. He wants robots to take over. Fuck that.

You left out the part where he supports a Universal Basic Income. Kinda balances the no food stamps etc out.

Reply #50 posted 06/17/19 11:24am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

2freaky4church1 said:

Lol, you are confused. Yang has no chance in hell of winning, but go back and at least pay attention to what candidates say before posting stupid shit.
Reply #51 posted 06/17/19 2:47pm

DiminutiveRock
er

RodeoSchro said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

The Democratic National Committee on Thursday officially announced 20 candidates that have qualified for the first debate in June. They are in alphabetical order: Sen. Michael Bennet (CO), former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Cory Booker (NJ), South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former HUD Sec. Julián Castro, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, former Rep. John Delaney (MD), Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (HI), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), Sen. Kamala Harris (CA), former Gov. John Hickenlooper (CO), Gov. Jay Inslee (WA), Sen. Amy Klobuchar (MN), former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (TX), Rep. Tim Ryan (OH), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Rep. Eric Swalwell (CA), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (MA), author Marianne Williamson, and entrepreneur Andrew Yang. I actually like most of these people. [Edited 6/13/19 17:39pm]

I am VERY interested to hear what Andrew Yang has to say. He's very interesting.

Mayor Pete is more interesting, IMO.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #52 posted 06/17/19 3:27pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

DiminutiveRocker said:

RodeoSchro said:

I am VERY interested to hear what Andrew Yang has to say. He's very interesting.

Mayor Pete is more interesting, IMO.

Yeah he's one of the best on the list in my opinion.

Yang doesnt have a chance in hell. No one is, or should be taking Universal Income seriously just yet. Automation/machine job appropriation is a real thing and we should be prepared with advanced education initiatives, but even for someone like me which has talked about how automation will take jobs, i find his scare tactics silly. What we need to do ASAP is we need to get that idiotic Trump appointed education secretary out on her ass and get a propper qualified education secretary that is up to the task of pepraring our children for the new economy, and not simply about bullshit politics and school vouchers for religious schools.

And I am worried about how Pete will do with the red states though. I'm worried about how a gay man polls in the south.

Reply #53 posted 06/17/19 3:41pm

PennyPurple

poppys said:

PennyPurple said:

He's still beating Trump in internal Trump polls according to the George Stephanopoulos interview this weekend. All of the top Dems are beating Trump in various polls, including Fox News (Trump says he doesn't believe any of them).

Lol, Trump fired his pollsters and says the polls don't exist according to CBS today.

He is such an idiot. lol

Reply #54 posted 06/17/19 5:19pm

DiminutiveRock
er

PennyPurple said:

poppys said:

He is such an idiot. lol

Co-sign biggrin

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Let’s talk democratic presidential contenders 2020 (continued)