independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 6th Dec 2019 5:17pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > the real definition of EGO
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

jfenster

the real definition of EGO

Edging God Out

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/02/19 3:32pm

OnlyNDaUsa

Well it is often missued... people use EGO when they really mean ID. EGO is about reality... ID is about "NOW"

When we say "he's on a ego trip" I take that to mean their EGO is gone and the ID has taken over.

but some say "He has a Big EGO" when they are self centered... but that is the ID... not the Ego.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #2 posted 06/02/19 5:50pm

benni

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Well it is often missued... people use EGO when they really mean ID. EGO is about reality... ID is about "NOW"

When we say "he's on a ego trip" I take that to mean their EGO is gone and the ID has taken over.

but some say "He has a Big EGO" when they are self centered... but that is the ID... not the Ego.

You realize that the Id, Ego, and Superego were just a theory that Freud came up with to describe our subconscious, unconcious actions, our conscious actions, and what guides our actions, yes? A theory that has not been proven. Where it may still have some relevance, there are quite a few other theories out there that describe the personality and development in a much better way, imo.

New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > the real definition of EGO