independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 17th Jan 2020 11:55am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Fake News Website created created to test Donald Trump supporters' gullibility
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

benni

Fake News Website created created to test Donald Trump supporters' gullibility

https://www.independent.c...C5qTaIAtx4

James McDaniel's website claimed Barack Obama was plotting a coup from a secret bunker and Hillary Clinton was a child-sacrificing maniac. The site got more than one million views within two weeks, and hundreds of thousands of likes and shares.

An American started a fake news website to see how ridiculous a story had to be before Donald Trump supporters realised it was untrue – and ended up concluding that some of them would believe absolutely anything.

Despite aiming to write stories no-one would believe, James McDaniel found Trump supporters who believed that Barack Obama had been plotting a coup from a secret bunker near the White House, and that the British singer Adele had demanded he be jailed for such treachery...

...His confession came in the form of a story published on his website under the headline: “Breaking: Satire makes fools of gullible Trump supporters.”

“When I started this site,” he wrote, “I had no idea that the stories would garner this much attention.

“While writing them, I was aiming for stories that no one would believe, but rather would be satirical in an age where disinformation is so prevalent.

“Just for fun, I decided to post some of the stories in Trump fan groups on Facebook to see the reactions.

“To my surprise, the Trump masses embraced my stories as fact, almost universally"...Mr McDaniel added: “It’s truly a frightening time when a group of people screaming, “FAKE NEWS!” at the top of their lungs, live, eat and sleep falsehoods.”...

There is more at the website. I've actually heard a few Trump followers spout some of the things he stated he wrote about. Amazing.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/30/19 6:38am

SuperFurryAnim
al

CNN is the lefts version.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #2 posted 05/30/19 6:43am

DiminutiveRock
er

benni said:

James McDaniel's website claimed Barack Obama was plotting a coup from a secret bunker and Hillary Clinton was a child-sacrificing maniac. The site got more than one million views within two weeks, and hundreds of thousands of likes and shares.

An American started a fake news website to see how ridiculous a story had to be before Donald Trump supporters realised it was untrue – and ended up concluding that some of them would believe absolutely anything.

Despite aiming to write stories no-one would believe, James McDaniel found Trump supporters who believed that Barack Obama had been plotting a coup from a secret bunker near the White House, and that the British singer Adele had demanded he be jailed for such treachery...

...His confession came in the form of a story published on his website under the headline: “Breaking: Satire makes fools of gullible Trump supporters.”

“When I started this site,” he wrote, “I had no idea that the stories would garner this much attention.

“While writing them, I was aiming for stories that no one would believe, but rather would be satirical in an age where disinformation is so prevalent.

“Just for fun, I decided to post some of the stories in Trump fan groups on Facebook to see the reactions.

“To my surprise, the Trump masses embraced my stories as fact, almost universally"...Mr McDaniel added: “It’s truly a frightening time when a group of people screaming, “FAKE NEWS!” at the top of their lungs, live, eat and sleep falsehoods.”...

There is more at the website. I've actually heard a few Trump followers spout some of the things he stated he wrote about. Amazing.

Last night I was watching clips of a town hall held by Republican Congressman Amash who thinks impeachment should be looked into. He got a standing O. Some republican voters in the audience were interviewed - one woman said that she ONLY watches conservative media and had no idea that the Mueller report contained information that indicated that trump may have obstructed justice - she thought that the report had exonerated him because that is what was said in "news" shows she was watching.

neutral

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #3 posted 05/30/19 6:46am

cborgman

SuperFurryAnimal said:

tell us again how pizza gate is real, and some other infowars truth?

Out-foxing fox-bots for almost 20 years on the org.
Reply #4 posted 05/30/19 6:53am

SuperFurryAnim
al

DiminutiveRocker said:

Last night I was watching clips of a town hall held by Republican Congressman Amash who thinks impeachment should be looked into. He got a standing O. Some republican voters in the audience were interviewed - one woman said that she ONLY watches conservative media and had no idea that the Mueller report contained information that indicated that trump may have obstructed justice - she thought that the report had exonerated him because that is what was said in "news" shows she was watching.

neutral

ZERO COLLUSION BUT SOMETHING TRIGGERED OBAMA ORDERS TO WIRE TAP TRUMP TOWER.

Reply #5 posted 05/30/19 6:55am

DiminutiveRock
er

SuperFurryAnimal said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

neutral

Hilarious! lol spit

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #6 posted 05/30/19 6:59am

benni

DiminutiveRocker said:

benni said:

neutral

Yeah, I had heard about that. Amash is reaching people by speaking out that no one else has been able to reach because of them only watching conservative media. And a lot of them aren't even watching the real news shows, mainly they are watching the opinion shows.

Reply #7 posted 05/30/19 7:01am

SuperFurryAnim
al

DiminutiveRocker said:

neutral

BUT FOR TWO YEARS THEY TOLD YOU NIGHTLY OF COLLUSION. TRUMP/RUSSIAN COLLUSION. TURNED OUT TO BE A BUNCH OF BS. WHO DO YOU TRUST?

Reply #8 posted 05/30/19 7:02am

benni

SuperFurryAnimal said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

neutral

They wiretapped Carter Page, BECAUSE they were investigating RUSSIA INTERFERENCE into the 2016 election and he'd had a lot of questionable interactions with Russians. They weren't wiretapping Trump. Comey was honest when he told Trump he wasn't under investigation. But Trump couldn't take the fact that some in his campaign were being investigated and felt it had to be about him. It's always about him, he thinks. When he fired Comey, and other actions he took to obstruct the investigation into Russia election interference and investigating those that WERE involved with Russia, led to them turning the microscope on Trump because he was ACTING guilty by trying to obstruct.

Reply #9 posted 05/30/19 7:05am

DiminutiveRock
er

benni said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

neutral

Yeah, I had heard about that. Amash is reaching people by speaking out that no one else has been able to reach because of them only watching conservative media. And a lot of them aren't even watching the real news shows, mainly they are watching the opinion shows.

Exactly. Even Fox News covered the Mueller remarks with some fairness, but as soon as the "opinion" shows came on it was "Mueller's a liar" "No collusion, no obstruction" - same BS. And trump announcing that Mueller had some sort of vindictive motive against him is completely unhinged and inconsistent with him earlier praising the report upon its release saying it exonerated him. He also said Russia helped Hillary... what, lose? rolleyes

Reply #10 posted 05/30/19 7:06am

SuperFurryAnim
al

benni said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

They wiretapped Carter Page, BECAUSE they were investigating RUSSIA INTERFERENCE into the 2016 election and he'd had a lot of questionable interactions with Russians. They weren't wiretapping Trump. Comey was honest when he told Trump he wasn't under investigation. But Trump couldn't take the fact that some in his campaign were being investigated and felt it had to be about him. It's always about him, he thinks. When he fired Comey, and other actions he took to obstruct the investigation into Russia election interference and investigating those that WERE involved with Russia, led to them turning the microscope on Trump because he was ACTING guilty by trying to obstruct.

THE TARGET WAS TRUMP. THEY WOULD NEVER WIRE TAP TRUMP DIRECT BUT ASSOCIATES THEN THEY CAN GATHER ALL OF TRUMPS COMMUNCATIONS. COVERED ASSES.

Reply #11 posted 05/30/19 7:06am

benni

SuperFurryAnimal said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

neutral

BUT FOR TWO YEARS THEY TOLD YOU NIGHTLY OF COLLUSION. TRUMP/RUSSIAN COLLUSION. TURNED OUT TO BE A BUNCH OF BS. WHO DO YOU TRUST?

For two years, they were talking about Russia interference, Trump obstructing by firing Comey, his tweets of "no collusion" etc.

When I do a search on "news 2017 on Trump Collusion" the first news link is Vox.com and it is talking about the Trump Russia investigation, but they state in the article:

Again and again, news about the investigations into the Trump team’s ties to Russia dominated headlines this year. And with two Trump campaign advisers indicted and set to face trial, two others flipping to become cooperating witnesses, and the president himself under scrutiny for potential obstruction of justice, there will surely be more to come next year as well.

Guess you've been listening to fake news about what the MSM is reporting.

Reply #12 posted 05/30/19 7:07am

DiminutiveRock
er

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:

THE TARGET WAS TRUMP. THEY WOULD NEVER WIRE TAP TRUMP DIRECT BUT ASSOCIATES THEN THEY CAN GATHER ALL OF TRUMPS COMMUNCATIONS. COVERED ASSES.

Lies. ^

Reply #13 posted 05/30/19 7:08am

benni

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:

No, it wasn't. But as the article I posted above is stating, Trump supporters will believe anything.

Reply #14 posted 05/30/19 7:12am

SuperFurryAnim
al

benni said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

No, it wasn't. But as the article I posted above is stating, Trump supporters will believe anything.

CNN, NYT told you of collusion constantly. According to SOURCES close to the investigation.

Reply #15 posted 05/30/19 7:19am

DiminutiveRock
er

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:

CNN, NYT told you of collusion constantly. According to SOURCES close to the investigation.

spit spit spit spit

Reply #16 posted 05/30/19 7:24am

benni

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:

No, they didn't. Do a google search.

However, I did pull up politifact:

About a year later, Schiff said, "there’s clear evidence on the issue of collusion," in a CNN interview on January 10, 2019. "But whether it amounts to conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt, I think, we still have to wait for Bob Mueller’s work."

Schiff tweeted similar comments after Barr’s letter was released March 24.

"Mueller did not find sufficient evidence to establish conspiracy, notwithstanding Russian offers to help Trump’s campaign, their acceptance, and a litany of concealed interactions with Russia," Schiff wrote. "I trust Mueller’s prosecutorial judgement, but the country must see the evidence."

Which is what the Mueller report stated. There is evidence, just not sufficient evidence to get a conviction.

Here MSNBC ran this:

"The evidence is pretty clear that there was collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians," Sen. Richard Blumenthal told MSNBC host Chris Hayes Nov. 17, 2018.

Hayes asked if it really was that clear.

"The evidence is there, whether they have enough of it to bring criminal charges is another issue in town," Blumenthal said.

Again, that is what the Mueller report stated, not sufficient evidence.

CNN interviewed Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., House Judiciary Committee chairman, on Nov. 30, 2018. Nadler said he definitely saw collusion.

"The fact that Manafort and Trump Jr. met with Russian agents who told them they wanted to give them dirt on Hillary as part of the Russian government’s attempt to help them, and that they said fine," Nadler said. "I mean, it’s clear that the campaign colluded, and there’s a lot of evidence of that. The question is, was the president involved?"

Here he is talking about the campaign members, not Trump.

"When you look at Donald Trump Jr., and what is on the record, there was clearly an intent to collude," Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., said Dec. 14, 2017.

Again, not Trump, but Trump Jr.

The target was not originally Trump until he decided to make it about himself.

Reply #17 posted 05/30/19 7:25am

jjhunsecker

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Do you believe the Trump Tower meeting with Don Jr and Jared and a bunch of Russkies was STRICTLY and ONLY about "Russian adoption "?
Reply #18 posted 05/30/19 7:27am

RodeoSchro

All US intelligence agencies told unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump that the Russian government, acting under orders from Vladimir Putin, actively and aggressively tried to influence the 2016 American election through fake news, disinformation campaigns, and outright hacking of systems and voting machines.

Vladimir Putin told unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump that he did no such thing.

Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes the word of Vladimir Putin over America's intelligence services.

You'd have to be a cretin of the highest order to not understand that the loyalties of unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump lie with Russia rather than the United States of America.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #19 posted 05/30/19 7:31am

SuperFurryAnim
al

"ACCORDING TO SOURCES CLOSE TO THE INVESTIGATION"

https://youtu.be/n1kYBx-U_3Q

TELL SOME LIES...

Reply #20 posted 05/30/19 7:38am

2elijah

Lol, no wonder trump succeeded in conning them. They’re a bunch of nutbag psychobabblers that scream ‘Fake News!’ wacky Somebody let them out of the crazy house too early.
[Edited 5/30/19 7:43am]
Happy New Year!
Reply #21 posted 05/30/19 7:39am

DiminutiveRock
er

SuperFurryAnimal said:

TELL SOME LIES...

Reply #22 posted 05/30/19 7:40am

SuperFurryAnim
al

RodeoSchro said:

All US intelligence agencies told unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump that the Russian government, acting under orders from Vladimir Putin, actively and aggressively tried to influence the 2016 American election through fake news, disinformation campaigns, and outright hacking of systems and voting machines.

Vladimir Putin told unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump that he did no such thing.

Unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump believes the word of Vladimir Putin over America's intelligence services.

You'd have to be a cretin of the highest order to not understand that the loyalties of unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump lie with Russia rather than the United States of America.

Rodeo Mueller they found no collusion.

Reply #23 posted 05/30/19 7:47am

SuperFurryAnim
al

2elijah said:

Lol, no wonder trump succeeded in conning them. They’re a bunch of nutbag psychobabblers that scream ‘Fake News!’ wacky Somebody let them out of the crazy house too early. [Edited 5/30/19 7:43am]

VOTE FOR THIS GUYS WIFE:

https://youtu.be/Qlw81ThwZ00

Reply #24 posted 05/30/19 8:21am

poppys

cborgman said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

tell us again how pizza gate is real, and some other infowars truth?

This always cracks me up. As a frequently targeted lib here who doesn't even have cable. Along with his signature. He obviously watches CNN. It's all he ever talks about.

Reply #25 posted 05/30/19 8:36am

poppys

Here's the real news falloff

Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....

Reply #26 posted 05/30/19 9:00am

RodeoSchro

SuperFurryAnimal said:

2elijah said:

Lol, no wonder trump succeeded in conning them. They’re a bunch of nutbag psychobabblers that scream ‘Fake News!’ wacky Somebody let them out of the crazy house too early. [Edited 5/30/19 7:43am]

VOTE FOR THIS GUYS WIFE:

About 3,000,000 more people voted for her than voted for unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump. What's your point?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #27 posted 05/30/19 9:34am

SuperFurryAnim
al

RodeoSchro said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

VOTE FOR THIS GUYS WIFE:

About 3,000,000 more people voted for her than voted for unrepentant serial adulterer Donald J. Trump. What's your point?

Trump was probably a swinger.

Reply #28 posted 05/30/19 9:48am

jjhunsecker

DiminutiveRocker said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

TELL SOME LIES...

"You're a funny guy!!"
Reply #29 posted 05/30/19 10:51am

OnlyNDaUsa

RodeoSchro said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

VOTE FOR THIS GUYS WIFE:

wrong He got 14% more votes than she got...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Fake News Website created created to test Donald Trump supporters' gullibility