independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 5th Dec 2019 6:43am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Can Trump become a holy Reagan-esque right wing Messiah?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/06/19 7:48am

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

jjhunsecker said:

As much as I disliked and disagreed with Reagan politically, he had grace and dignity as a man. Trump on the other hand is just pure garbage

True but it is 2019. Times have changed. Trump is the man of the times. Trump will be Obama and Clintons legacy, he was a reaction to them.



Integrity and honesty never go out of style. Supporting a man who screws around on his wife was wrong in 1998, and it's wrong now.

The only real question is - do YOU have values and morals, or not?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/06/19 7:54am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

I think the right will use him when it suits them but Turd does lack a lot of what made Reagan appealing. They will likely drop him and appease to better judgement as it suits them, but overall the Turd is just too sleazy to symbolize a movement. I think. I hope. Depends how low right wingers go I suppose
Who knows
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 06/06/19 7:59am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

We should all be thankful he is as dumb as he is.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 06/06/19 8:58am

jjhunsecker

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



2elijah said:


Ugot2shakesumthin said:
He’s aTurd an a moron, but that doesn’t change the fact that people can’t think what they want of him. The right right seems to love ignorant and Hitler-y type things. They are the right after all,

He speaks the language and embrace ignorant beliefs, that a certain segment of his supporters are afraid to express in public, many of whom on the right, sit in Congress. On the other hand, there is the other side within, who express those same, ignorant beliefs out loud, and cheer trump for being their voice. A very delusional bunch, who base their beliefs on hatred, fear and ignorance. The kind who cannot accept the demographic shift in America.


Remember all the rioting and the rise of SJW movements. PRESTO. There you go that is what made Trump President.



Funny, I seem to recall a riot in Summer 2017 mainly involving Trump supporters ("very fine people ")
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 06/06/19 9:00am

jjhunsecker

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



jjhunsecker said:


As much as I disliked and disagreed with Reagan politically, he had grace and dignity as a man. Trump on the other hand is just pure garbage


True but it is 2019. Times have changed. Trump is the man of the times. Trump will be Obama and Clintons legacy, he was a reaction to them.



So now it's acceptable to be a vulgar racist disgusting animal? Is that "today's President " ?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 06/06/19 9:33am

jjhunsecker

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



SuperFurryAnimal said:




jjhunsecker said:


As much as I disliked and disagreed with Reagan politically, he had grace and dignity as a man. Trump on the other hand is just pure garbage


True but it is 2019. Times have changed. Trump is the man of the times. Trump will be Obama and Clintons legacy, he was a reaction to them.





Integrity and honesty never go out of style. Supporting a man who screws around on his wife was wrong in 1998, and it's wrong now.

The only real question is - do YOU have values and morals, or not?



The values and morals of any Trump supporter is questionable
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 06/06/19 9:38am

Empress

jjhunsecker said:

As much as I disliked and disagreed with Reagan politically, he had grace and dignity as a man. Trump on the other hand is just pure garbage

Trump is a true reflection of the people that voted for him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 06/06/19 9:38am

RodeoSchro

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

RodeoSchro said:



Integrity and honesty never go out of style. Supporting a man who screws around on his wife was wrong in 1998, and it's wrong now.

The only real question is - do YOU have values and morals, or not?

The values and morals of any Trump supporter is questionable



Not questionable at all - their value system is to place their self-interest ahead of the country's interests.

No question about that.

Also no question that's not the value system of a truly patriotic American.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 06/07/19 10:28am

guitarslinger4
4

avatar

Trump already is. He and Reagan both marked drastic shifts in the Republican party and regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he's probably the most influential man on the planet right now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 06/07/19 7:15pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:

Trump already is. He and Reagan both marked drastic shifts in the Republican party and regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he's probably the most influential man on the planet right now.



Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot were influential in their time too
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 06/07/19 9:08pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

Trump already is. He and Reagan both marked drastic shifts in the Republican party and regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he's probably the most influential man on the planet right now.

Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot were influential in their time too

if you believe trump is anything at all like them you need to sue your history teachers... really that is a very disturbing thing to say and mocks those who suffered under them... history is full of monsters and trump is not one. you should be ashamed.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 06/08/19 6:57am

jjhunsecker

avatar

Trump is a man with no morals or scruples or values. He is an authoritarian personality, and the only thing preventing this country from turning into a dictatorship is what little remains of American democracy

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 06/08/19 7:03am

jjhunsecker

avatar

Empress said:

jjhunsecker said:

As much as I disliked and disagreed with Reagan politically, he had grace and dignity as a man. Trump on the other hand is just pure garbage

Trump is a true reflection of the people that voted for him.

Very true- he represents the ugly side of America- of lynch mobs and violence and hatred and bigotry and misogyny. His supporters seem to lap it up

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 06/08/19 1:18pm

guitarslinger4
4

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

Trump already is. He and Reagan both marked drastic shifts in the Republican party and regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he's probably the most influential man on the planet right now.



Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot were influential in their time too


I don't think that's an apt comparison at all.

But if we want to go there, Obama probably qualifies more than Trump does considering all the people who were killed as a result of the drone strikes he ordered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 06/08/19 1:48pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:
Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot were influential in their time too
I don't think that's an apt comparison at all. But if we want to go there, Obama probably qualifies more than Trump does considering all the people who were killed as a result of the drone strikes he ordered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

team obama thought it was fine to use a drone to kill children--including US Citizens!

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 06/08/19 3:31pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



guitarslinger44 said:


jjhunsecker said:
Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot were influential in their time too

I don't think that's an apt comparison at all. But if we want to go there, Obama probably qualifies more than Trump does considering all the people who were killed as a result of the drone strikes he ordered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯




team obama thought it was fine to use a drone to kill children--including US Citizens!



Says the guy cool with going to war for trump and had no qualms with all the dead from the dead from the Bush wars.
What’s the matter? Why so myopic with the dead count? They only matter with partisans and who the focus on?

You do know the drone military is working under the same terms now as with Bush and Obama don’t you partisan right winger?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 06/08/19 3:38pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said:
Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot were influential in their time too
I don't think that's an apt comparison at all. But if we want to go there, Obama probably qualifies more than Trump does considering all the people who were killed as a result of the drone strikes he ordered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then what about Bush, who started these wars under false pretenses ?

My point is that being "influential" has no moral value whatsoever, that many types of leaders are "influential"....I wasn't directly comparing Trump to Hitler or Stalin , (though Trump would LOVE to be a Putin-like figure in America).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 06/08/19 4:14pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

team obama thought it was fine to use a drone to kill children--including US Citizens!

Says the guy cool with going to war for trump and had no qualms with all the dead from the dead from the Bush wars. What’s the matter? Why so myopic with the dead count? They only matter with partisans and who the focus on? You do know the drone military is working under the same terms now as with Bush and Obama don’t you partisan right winger?

me? cool with going to war fotr trump what the hell do you mean? you seem to have gotten something Wrong or made it up or are just telling a fib!

I had all kinds of qualms with the the bush wars...especially Iraq...

my issues with war and how it is waged has nothing to do with who is in office... i may trust some more that others... and I am SURE the ROEs have changed under Trump...


No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 06/08/19 4:19pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said: I don't think that's an apt comparison at all. But if we want to go there, Obama probably qualifies more than Trump does considering all the people who were killed as a result of the drone strikes he ordered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then what about Bush, who started these wars under false pretenses ?

My point is that being "influential" has no moral value whatsoever, that many types of leaders are "influential"....I wasn't directly comparing Trump to Hitler or Stalin , (though Trump would LOVE to be a Putin-like figure in America).

war under False pretenses? I assume you mean Iraq... I had issues with that but I do not accept the "false pretense" argument. Not having found very much in terms of WMDs (according to many on the left we did find many WMDs there) that were not known to be there is not proof of it not having been there is 2001... also Saddam himself said that he meant to fool the US and IRAN into thinking he did so that IRAN would leave him alone. This was during thr time (1992-2000) when other nations were telling Saddam (In likely violation of agreements they made) that there was no way the US would attack. (you really ought to learn a little history of the period)


and nice back-peddle...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 06/08/19 4:33pm

benni

avatar

Trump on the Vietnam war:


“Well I was never a fan of that war I’ll be honest with you,” he said. “I thought it was a terrible war, I thought it was very far away, nobody ever… you know you’re talking about Vietnam and at that time, nobody had ever heard of the country.

“Today they’re doing very well, in fact, on trade, they are brutal, they’re very brutal, they’re great negotiators, they’re great business people.

“But nobody heard of Vietnam, and they were saying, ‘What are we doing? So many people are dying, what is happening over there?’

“So I was never a fan," the President added.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 06/08/19 4:45pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:





team obama thought it was fine to use a drone to kill children--including US Citizens!



Says the guy cool with going to war for trump and had no qualms with all the dead from the dead from the Bush wars. What’s the matter? Why so myopic with the dead count? They only matter with partisans and who the focus on? You do know the drone military is working under the same terms now as with Bush and Obama don’t you partisan right winger?



me? cool with going to war fotr trump what the hell do you mean? you seem to have gotten something Wrong or made it up or are just telling a fib!

I had all kinds of qualms with the the bush wars...especially Iraq...

my issues with war and how it is waged has nothing to do with who is in office... i may trust some more that others... and I am SURE the ROEs have changed under Trump...




Fib? You mean short term memory. There was another thread where you were asked about it and were hung ho.
Secondly you only and specifically mention Obama up above where is all this about about Bush and the deaths he caused and war the stupid wars Obama took over from idiot Bush?
[Edited 6/8/19 17:25pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 06/08/19 5:50pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

me? cool with going to war fotr trump what the hell do you mean? you seem to have gotten something Wrong or made it up or are just telling a fib!

I had all kinds of qualms with the the bush wars...especially Iraq...

my issues with war and how it is waged has nothing to do with who is in office... i may trust some more that others... and I am SURE the ROEs have changed under Trump...


Fib? You mean short term memory. There was another thread where you were asked about it and were hung ho. Secondly you only and specifically mention Obama up above where is all this about about Bush and the deaths he caused and war the stupid wars Obama took over from idiot Bush? [Edited 6/8/19 17:25pm]

then prove it... and if the war was a crime then obama is guilty too as he did continue it...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 06/09/19 12:55pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:




me? cool with going to war fotr trump what the hell do you mean? you seem to have gotten something Wrong or made it up or are just telling a fib!

I had all kinds of qualms with the the bush wars...especially Iraq...

my issues with war and how it is waged has nothing to do with who is in office... i may trust some more that others... and I am SURE the ROEs have changed under Trump...




Fib? You mean short term memory. There was another thread where you were asked about it and were hung ho. Secondly you only and specifically mention Obama up above where is all this about about Bush and the deaths he caused and war the stupid wars Obama took over from idiot Bush? [Edited 6/8/19 17:25pm]



then prove it... and if the war was a crime then obama is guilty too as he did continue it...




Lol. You make a declarative argument that weaves in and around unfonuate facts. then when caught, change the argument as you go along. Paving the road to where you want go as you go. lol

Make more distractions! Go boy go! At a boy!
[Edited 6/9/19 12:57pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 06/09/19 2:05pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

then prove it... and if the war was a crime then obama is guilty too as he did continue it...

Lol. You make a declarative argument that weaves in and around unfonuate facts. then when caught, change the argument as you go along. Paving the road to where you want go as you go. lol Make more distractions! Go boy go! At a boy! [Edited 6/9/19 12:57pm]

you made false statements about me I correced you...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 06/09/19 4:33pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:




then prove it... and if the war was a crime then obama is guilty too as he did continue it...



Lol. You make a declarative argument that weaves in and around unfonuate facts. then when caught, change the argument as you go along. Paving the road to where you want go as you go. lol Make more distractions! Go boy go! At a boy! [Edited 6/9/19 12:57pm]



you made false statements about me I correced you...



Right.. and vice versa
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 06/09/19 4:46pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

you made false statements about me I correced you...

Right.. and vice versa

when did I make fasle staments about you? I do not belive I did. You said I was "cool with going to war for trump and had no qualms with all the dead from the dead from the Bush wars"

i said you got something wrong or made it up or told a fib... as what you said was and is and has never been true... but yeah sorry.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 06/09/19 5:17pm

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said: Says the guy cool with going to war for trump and had no qualms with all the dead from the dead from the Bush wars. What’s the matter? Why so myopic with the dead count? They only matter with partisans and who the focus on? You do know the drone military is working under the same terms now as with Bush and Obama don’t you partisan right winger?

me? cool with going to war fotr trump what the hell do you mean? you seem to have gotten something Wrong or made it up or are just telling a fib!

I had all kinds of qualms with the the bush wars...especially Iraq...

my issues with war and how it is waged has nothing to do with who is in office... i may trust some more that others... and I am SURE the ROEs have changed under Trump...


funny how you never mentioned that during said wars. i guess you were too busy calling people terrorist lovers, declaring Harry Reid guilty of treason for saying that war was lost, and so on

[Edited 6/9/19 19:58pm]

Out-foxing fox-bots for almost 20 years on the org.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 06/09/19 5:18pm

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

jjhunsecker said:

Then what about Bush, who started these wars under false pretenses ?

My point is that being "influential" has no moral value whatsoever, that many types of leaders are "influential"....I wasn't directly comparing Trump to Hitler or Stalin , (though Trump would LOVE to be a Putin-like figure in America).

war under False pretenses? I assume you mean Iraq... I had issues with that but I do not accept the "false pretense" argument. Not having found very much in terms of WMDs (according to many on the left we did find many WMDs there) that were not known to be there is not proof of it not having been there is 2001... also Saddam himself said that he meant to fool the US and IRAN into thinking he did so that IRAN would leave him alone. This was during thr time (1992-2000) when other nations were telling Saddam (In likely violation of agreements they made) that there was no way the US would attack. (you really ought to learn a little history of the period)


and nice back-peddle...

not having found much WMDs??

you started an entire thread to declare WMDs were found and it turned out you just didnt know the science of halflife. Then when it was explained to you, you just kept insisting there was some magical way the chemicals might become useable again, rather than admit you were wrong.

[Edited 6/9/19 20:00pm]

Out-foxing fox-bots for almost 20 years on the org.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 06/10/19 8:29am

guitarslinger4
4

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

guitarslinger44 said:

jjhunsecker said: I don't think that's an apt comparison at all. But if we want to go there, Obama probably qualifies more than Trump does considering all the people who were killed as a result of the drone strikes he ordered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then what about Bush, who started these wars under false pretenses ?

My point is that being "influential" has no moral value whatsoever, that many types of leaders are "influential"....I wasn't directly comparing Trump to Hitler or Stalin , (though Trump would LOVE to be a Putin-like figure in America).


I think the advantage Bush II has is that it's pretty well known that he was deeply incompetent and that Cheney was the one REALLY running the show. Everyone thinks Cheney is a soulless piece of shit, whereas Bush is kind of a likeable guy even though he perpetrated a lot of really really bad things. Obama is a smart guy and maybe he got himself in way over his head in some areas, but generally, he's looked at favorably and is considered one of the most popular politicians of our time who did some really good things despite his crimes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 06/10/19 8:43am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Love watching you partisan hacks throw spit balls. Dry because you have no spit.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Can Trump become a holy Reagan-esque right wing Messiah?