independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 7th Dec 2019 3:30am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Mueller Report Redux
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 8 of 21 « First<456789101112>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #210 posted 04/24/19 7:52am

Musicslave

https://www.cnn.com/2019/...index.html

-

New York Times: Mulvaney urged Nielsen to not bring up future Russian election meddling to Trump

-

Former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was urged by acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney not to bring up the subject of possible Russian interference in the 2020 election to President Donald Trump, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

-

Citing interviews with three unnamed senior administration officials and one former senior official, the Times said Nielsen, who left the White House ...his month, was told by Mulvaney in a meeting this year that Trump "still equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory."
-
According to the Times, during her tenure, Nielsen organized two meetings with Cabinet secretaries and agency heads, including top Justice Department and intelligence officials, to address the issue of interference.
-
The paper said she eventually abandoned efforts to design a strategy with other Cabinet secretaries to "to protect next year's election," and that the result was that the issue of Russian interference "did not gain the urgency or widespread attention that a president can command."
-
Many of the officials engaged in the issue "later periodically issued public warnings about indicators that Russia was both looking for new ways to interfere and experimenting with techniques in Ukraine and Europe," according to the Times. One official told the paper that DHS officials were "adamant that the United States government needed to significantly step up its efforts to urge the American public and companies to block foreign influence campaigns," but that the White House's "refusal" to discuss the issue complicated those warnings.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #211 posted 04/24/19 8:50am

2elijah

Musicslave said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

White House trying desperately to block further investigations and subpeonas, but will not succeed under the law. There is no way they can stop MCGahn from testifying.

-

Other than his taxes and shady business practices being exposed, the thought of McGahn testifying really has him shook. eek

-

If Cohen knows where the bodies are buried before trump entered the WH, McGahn was an eye witness to trump murdering the Constitutional norms while in the Oval.

-

Again for the record: One does not have to carry out obstruction in order to be indicted for Obstruction of Justice. It's all about INTENT. And Mueller has provided plenty of proof of INTENT to obstruct justice from being done.

According to the latest reports, trump has threatened to take the Dems to the Supreme Court if they try to impeach him. Seems to me, he is questioning the legitimacy of his presidency, which is why he is shaken, when the topic of Russian interference in the last election comes up. That and when Mulvaney told Nielsen not to mention anything about that to trump.
[Edited 4/24/19 8:50am]
Reply #212 posted 04/24/19 10:07am

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

Musicslave said:

-

Other than his taxes and shady business practices being exposed, the thought of McGahn testifying really has him shook. eek

-

If Cohen knows where the bodies are buried before trump entered the WH, McGahn was an eye witness to trump murdering the Constitutional norms while in the Oval.

-

Again for the record: One does not have to carry out obstruction in order to be indicted for Obstruction of Justice. It's all about INTENT. And Mueller has provided plenty of proof of INTENT to obstruct justice from being done.

According to the latest reports, trump has threatened to take the Dems to the Supreme Court if they try to impeach him. Seems to me, he is questioning the legitimacy of his presidency, which is why he is shaken, when the topic of Russian interference in the last election comes up. That and when Mulvaney told Nielsen not to mention anything about that to trump. [Edited 4/24/19 8:50am]

The WH is scrambling to block Congressional testimony and subpeonas... hoping to run out the clock, I imagine. Mueller's report lays out very explicitly how obstruction was intended by Trump, as if he were preparing it for a Grand Jury. wink

[Edited 4/24/19 10:07am]

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #213 posted 04/24/19 12:38pm

PennyPurple

It will take forever to impeach him.

Reply #214 posted 04/24/19 12:45pm

RodeoSchro

PennyPurple said:

No, it moves pretty quick. If Articles of Impeachment were drawn up and approved in a House vote, the House portion would be done before summer's over. I think, anyway.

The trial in the Senate may take awhile but think about it - the longer it takes, the longer serial adulterer will be factually referred to as "President Trump, currently under impeachment".

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #215 posted 04/24/19 12:50pm

PennyPurple

RodeoSchro said:

PennyPurple said:

No, it moves pretty quick. If Articles of Impeachment were drawn up and approved in a House vote, the House portion would be done before summer's over. I think, anyway.

The trial in the Senate may take awhile but think about it - the longer it takes, the longer serial adulterer will be factually referred to as "President Trump, currently under impeachment".

I doubt the Senate will go along with it.

Reply #216 posted 04/24/19 1:07pm

RodeoSchro

PennyPurple said:

RodeoSchro said:

Probably not, as the radical right-wing Republicans are far too partisan to ever do the right thing for America.

But just impeaching serial adulterer Donald J. Trump is good and right for America. A conviction would be better, but impeachment should occur no matter what the perceived outcome of the trial.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #217 posted 04/24/19 2:21pm

DiminutiveRock
er

RodeoSchro said:

PennyPurple said:

Probably not, as the radical right-wing Republicans are far too partisan to ever do the right thing for America.

But just impeaching serial adulterer Donald J. Trump is good and right for America. A conviction would be better, but impeachment should occur no matter what the perceived outcome of the trial.

For Republicans it is Party First - even if it means Bozo the Organe Clown is the face of it.

disbelief

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #218 posted 04/24/19 3:22pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

I’ve been reading about a lot of republicans struck with the mueller report and now supporting impeachment. So there’s growing bipartisan support for impeachment. The theme being that although not enough evidence was found to criminally charge Trump for obstruction, it wasn’t from lack of trying. Trump’s subordinates just refused to comply.
Reply #219 posted 04/24/19 4:22pm

poppys

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

I’ve been reading about a lot of republicans struck with the mueller report and now supporting impeachment. So there’s growing bipartisan support for impeachment. The theme being that although not enough evidence was found to criminally charge Trump for obstruction, it wasn’t from lack of trying. Trump’s subordinates just refused to comply.

Is there a link? I won't believe that until I read it - including a list of named Republicans willing to impeach. The report has been out for a week and hence the non-compliance. Exactly which Repubs did this move the needle for?

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #220 posted 04/24/19 4:37pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

poppys said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Is there a link? I won't believe that until I read it - including a list of named Republicans willing to impeach. The report has been out for a week and hence the non-compliance. Exactly which Repubs did this move the needle for?

Here are a couple of reads

https://www.theatlantic.c...nt/587785/

https://twitter.com/Radio...2806374400

https://www.usatoday.com/...529790002/
Reply #221 posted 04/24/19 7:50pm

poppys

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

poppys said:

Here are a couple of reads https://www.theatlantic.c...nt/587785/ https://twitter.com/Radio...2806374400 https://www.usatoday.com/...529790002/

Ok. But all 3 of those examples are academics. That doesn't surprise me, academics hedge for a living. So far no Congressional Republicans support impeachment from either house that I know of.

Reply #222 posted 04/24/19 8:18pm

poppys

bloomberg.com

President Donald Trump said he’d ask the U.S. Supreme Court to intervene if Congress mounts an impeachment effort against him — even though there are no legal grounds for the justices to consider such a request.

“If the partisan Dems ever tried to Impeach, I would first head to the U.S. Supreme Court,” Trump said Wednesday on Twitter, in his latest criticism of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s findings on Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

lol

Reply #223 posted 04/24/19 8:56pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

poppys said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

poppys said:

Here are a couple of reads https://www.theatlantic.c...nt/587785/ https://twitter.com/Radio...2806374400 https://www.usatoday.com/...529790002/

Ok. But all 3 of those examples are academics. That doesn't surprise me, academics hedge for a living. So far no Congressional Republicans support impeachment from either house that I know of.

These are some of the most well respected republicans, with a forum and a soapbox no less. And it’s not looking good for the typical cheeseball republicans on the ground who support Turd. They will be caught between a rock and a hard place and i would guess all but the most deplorable rats will abandon the Turd ship.
[Edited 4/24/19 20:58pm]
Reply #224 posted 04/25/19 5:12am

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

bloomberg.com

President Donald Trump said he’d ask the U.S. Supreme Court to intervene if Congress mounts an impeachment effort against him — even though there are no legal grounds for the justices to consider such a request.

“If the partisan Dems ever tried to Impeach, I would first head to the U.S. Supreme Court,” Trump said Wednesday on Twitter, in his latest criticism of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s findings on Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

lol

lol He is such a dunderhead.

Agent Orange has never understood how government works, especially the balance of power, and that ALL elected and appointed officials are there to serve the people - not the White House.

Reply #225 posted 04/25/19 6:07am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Disliking President Turd is not a partisan issue. It’s what humans do when faced with a humongous turn of human being.

No supporting President Turd IS a purely partisan sleazeball thing. It’s idiotic as well. Who in their right mind would support such a turd of man to represent the United States?
Reply #226 posted 04/25/19 6:18am

Musicslave

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

bloomberg.com

lol

Agent Orange has never understood how government works, especially the balance of power, and that ALL elected and appointed officials are there to serve the people - not the White House.

-

He's hard-headed. He'll have to learn the hard way. And even then, he'll still probably won't completely get it.

-

This is what happens when you vote and enable a spoiled, bratty bully and con man to the office of the Presidency of the US.

-

This isn't going to end pretty. He doesn't know how to win gracefully. He's going to force Congress and the Supreme Court to take active measures to reel him in. He doesn't care about the rule of law. He only cares about himself. He know Mitch McConnell isn't going to do anything in the Senate so he has clearance to do whatever he wants (in his mind).

-

As I stated last week, he keeps threatening about going to the Supreme Court because he's assuming Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and the other conservatives will have his back (even if it's against the law). He's sorely mistaken. Everybody is not going to continue to throw their careers and reputations away because of his tenure in office. People tend to forget that he's not going to always be president. His time in office will end. If you're blindly serving at the pleasure of the president even if it's against the law. You will eventually suffer consequences.

Reply #227 posted 04/25/19 6:22am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Musicslave said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

bloomberg.com

lol

-

He's hard-headed. He'll have to learn the hard way. And even then, he'll still probably won't completely get it.

-

This is what happens when you vote and enable a spoiled, bratty bully and con man to the office of the Presidency of the US.

-

This isn't going to end pretty. He doesn't know how to win gracefully. He's going to force Congress and the Supreme Court to take active measures to reel him in. He doesn't care about the rule of law. He only cares about himself. He know Mitch McConnell isn't going to do anything in the Senate so he has clearance to do whatever he wants (in his mind).

-

As I stated last week, he keeps threatening about going to the Supreme Court because he's assuming Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and the other conservatives will have his back (even if it's against the law). He's sorely mistaken. Everybody is not going to continue to throw their careers and reputations away because of his tenure in office. People tend to forget that he's not going to always be president. His time in office will end. If you're blindly serving at the pleasure of the president even if it's against the law. You will eventually suffer consequences.

Agreed. Good points. Not everyone is willing to soil their reputations and careers for a brief pat on the head by someone who is already infamous.
Reply #228 posted 04/25/19 6:40am

poppys

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

poppys said:

These are some of the most well respected republicans, with a forum and a soapbox no less. And it’s not looking good for the typical cheeseball republicans on the ground who support Turd. They will be caught between a rock and a hard place and i would guess all but the most deplorable rats will abandon the Turd ship.

ha ha true, academics will spin their way out of it. After all, it was intellectuals who gave us Sarah Palin after she invited them up to Alaska and they fell all over her. Socially inept eggheads will marry the first wo/man they can get in the sack.

Reply #229 posted 04/25/19 6:47am

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

bloomberg.com

lol

No worries, he'll just limo over to the USSC and grab 'em all by the pussy - wait a minute! lol

Reply #230 posted 04/25/19 6:52am

poppys

Musicslave said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

-

-

-

-

lol Hopefully they all have life coaches that are implementing 5 year plans. Tony Robbins - clear your schedule!

Reply #231 posted 04/25/19 8:22am

Musicslave

poppys said:

Musicslave said:

-

-

-

-

lol Hopefully they all have life coaches that are implementing 5 year plans. Tony Robbins - clear your schedule!

-

lol lol

Reply #232 posted 04/25/19 9:04am

SuperFurryAnim
al

Find any collusion? Not yet?

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #233 posted 04/25/19 9:18am

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Yes, a lot. PAY ATTENTION.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #234 posted 04/25/19 11:27am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Found out he tried like crazy but his people ignored his stupid ass. lol
Reply #235 posted 04/25/19 11:33am

RodeoSchro

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Found any integrity yet? Not yet?

Hint: Quit looking, you will never find any integrity in serial adulterer Donald J. Trump.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #236 posted 04/25/19 11:47am

13cjk13

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Found out he tried like crazy but his people ignored his stupid ass. lol

yep. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #237 posted 04/25/19 12:37pm

poppys

Jefferson Beauregard tryin' to stay relevant. Like he ever was. Guess he wants to make up for saying no to orangetrash. For purely self-interested reasons of course.

Former AG Sessions calls for moving past Mueller report

AP...Sessions urged confidence in the system during a lecture at Amherst College, a private liberal arts school in western Massachusetts.

"The process was followed and a decision has now been rendered. I think it deserves respect," he said. "I think it's about time to accept the results and let's get on with the business of America."...

What business is he talking about exactly?

Reply #238 posted 04/25/19 1:47pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

Jefferson Beauregard tryin' to stay relevant. Like he ever was. Guess he wants to make up for saying no to orangetrash. For purely self-interested reasons of course.

Former AG Sessions calls for moving past Mueller report

AP...Sessions urged confidence in the system during a lecture at Amherst College, a private liberal arts school in western Massachusetts.

"The process was followed and a decision has now been rendered. I think it deserves respect," he said. "I think it's about time to accept the results and let's get on with the business of America."...

What business is he talking about exactly?

Please - he is a powerless freak. Who cares what he says? biggrin

Reply #239 posted 04/25/19 1:49pm

DiminutiveRock
er

SuperFurryAnimal said:

You're buying into Barr's 4-page memo? spit

bet you're loking forward to Don McGahn's testimony lol

Page 8 of 21 « First<456789101112>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Mueller Report Redux