independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 9th Dec 2019 12:14am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Think Israel's the problem? You might want to watch this.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/04/19 4:18pm

Ace

avatar

Think Israel's the problem? You might want to watch this.

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/05/19 12:44pm

Cloudbuster

avatar

Or you might want to watch this.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/06/19 5:51am

Ace

avatar

With "friends" like you, the Palestinians need no enemies.

The man chides the PA (to silence, I might add) for making Israel the bogeyman - as an excuse to rape their own people - and your response is, "But...but...Israel!"?

Did you hear nothing he said?
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/06/19 6:10am

Ace

avatar

Cloudbuster said:

Or you might want to watch this.


"Jhally, who serves as MEF’s executive director, is listed as the executive producer of (The Occupation of the American Mind), which ironically enough, itself violates the norms of honest and open discourse that the professor accuses his opponents of breaking.

"Some of the violations are astoundingly transparent and others a bit more difficult to unpack, but when seen as a whole, they demonstrate that Jhally is not intent on educating his viewers, but misleading them.

"In at least two instances, Jhally’s movie egregiously alters the footage of television news shows to significantly change the meaning of what was said in the original news segments. These deceptive edits are violations of basic academic and journalistic ethics that Jhally is called to uphold as a professor at UMass Amherst. Sadly, the school has indicated it will not hold Jhally accountable for these egregious breaches of trust.

"In addition to outright deception, Jhally uses propagandistic techniques — which he claims to oppose — not just to encourage Americans to think in very specific and narrow terms about the Israel-Palestinian conflict, but to achieve something more sinister — to incite resentment against Israel and its supporters in the United States.

"To further that end, he seeks to empower and legitimize Students for Justice in Palestine, an organization that has a well-documented history of fomenting hostility, contempt, and in some instances perpetrating acts of violence against Jews on college campuses in the United States.

"At the heart of Jhally’s narrative about the Arab-Israeli conflict is a counter-factual depiction of events that downplays the threats it faces and exaggerates the prospects for peace between Israel and the Palestinians. In sum, Jhally’s propagandizing leaves its viewers worse off and by being misinformed, less able to behave responsibly in a self-governing democracy."


The above is just a taste of the withering criticisms of this "documentary" from the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America:


https://www.camera.org/ar...ropaganda/

[Edited to correct link]
[Edited 4/6/19 18:02pm]
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/06/19 7:53am

Cloudbuster

avatar

Withering.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/06/19 8:13am

Cloudbuster

avatar

For someone who claims to eschew religion you sure can't seem to let go of Deuteronomy and its "special people".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/06/19 8:40am

Ace

avatar

Cloudbuster said:

For someone who claims to eschew religion you sure can't seem to let go of Deuteronomy and its "special people".


Yes, I believe that all religion is nonsense.

But the Nazis didn't stop to quiz their victims about their religious beliefs.

As for (some) Jews believing that they're "God's chosen people", that's hardly unique to Judaism. Do you really mean to tell me that other religions don't believe that theirs is the "word of God”?

But, of course, this is all just subterfuge to avoid addressing the original video, or the - yes, withering - takedown of the “counter-factual” piece of filth you've posted above.

Bonus points, though, for employing the word "eschew". Love that word! highfive
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/06/19 8:43am

Graycap23

avatar

Ace said:

What does that have 2 do with the daily atrocities Israel commits?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/06/19 8:44am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Isreal is a very small area and all they want is to be left alone and not attacked.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/06/19 8:47am

Cloudbuster

avatar

While wiping Palestine from the map.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/06/19 8:51am

Ace

avatar

Graycap23 said:



Ace said:




What does that have 2 do with the daily atrocities Israel commits?


Well, of course, he's telling you that it's a lie that Israel's committing "daily atrocities". To hear you tell it, Hamas, et al., are just sitting around, whistling Dixie, when the big bad Israelis attack them unprovoked.

Again, with "friends" like you, these people need no enemies.
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/06/19 8:51am

Ace

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Isreal is a very small area and all they want is to be left alone and not attacked.


Exactly.
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/06/19 8:54am

Graycap23

avatar

Ace said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Isreal is a very small area and all they want is to be left alone and not attacked.

Exactly.

I would want to be left alone also if I went in and stole somebody's property and assets, murdered a few thousand of them..........and think they should be ok with it.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/06/19 8:56am

Ace

avatar

Cloudbuster said:

While wiping Palestine from the map.


Israel has never tried to wipe "Palestine" from the map. The Palestinians (and their Arab brethren) have attempted to do so with Israel, though. Repeatedly. And they still vow it.
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/06/19 8:59am

Cloudbuster

avatar

Graycap23 said:

I would want to be left alone also if I went in and stole somebody's property and assets, murdered a few thousand of them..........and think they should be ok with it.


No criticism of Israel and its chosen people is allowed. Just bulldoze a few more Palestinians out of existence. It's the Jewish way. God is love.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/06/19 9:03am

Ace

avatar

Graycap23 said:



Ace said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:

Isreal is a very small area and all they want is to be left alone and not attacked.



Exactly.

I would want to be left alone also if I went in and stole somebody's property and assets, murdered a few thousand of them.....and think they should be ok with it.


Graycap, with all due respect, I really wonder where you get your history from.

It was the Arabs, of course, who attempted to slaughter the Israelis after the former rejected the UN'S Partition Plan. Many lost their homes in fleeing (perhaps the first incidence of the horrible leadership referenced in the video I posted).
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/06/19 9:12am

Graycap23

avatar

Ace said:

Graycap23 said:

I would want to be left alone also if I went in and stole somebody's property and assets, murdered a few thousand of them..........and think they should be ok with it.

Graycap, with all due respect, I really wonder where you get your history from. It was the Arabs, of course, who attempted to slaughter the Israelis after the former rejected the UN'S Partition Plan. Many lost their homes in fleeing (perhaps the first incidence of the horrible leadership referenced in the video I posted).

With all due respect, the Partition Plan is and was B.S.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/06/19 9:14am

Ace

avatar

Cloudbuster said:



Graycap23 said:



I would want to be left alone also if I went in and stole somebody's property and assets, murdered a few thousand of them.....and think they should be ok with it.




No criticism of Israel and its chosen people is allowed. Just bulldoze a few more Palestinians out of existence. It's the Jewish way. God is love.


You still don't address the video.

But plenty of criticism of Israel is allowed - including from within Israel itself. If only similar liberties were permitted to their people by Hamas (for instance).

But that doesn't mean that Jews have to tolerate ridiculous double-standards applied to Israel, which can only be rooted in - yes - anti-Semitism.
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/06/19 9:18am

Ace

avatar

Graycap23 said:



Ace said:


Graycap23 said:


I would want to be left alone also if I went in and stole somebody's property and assets, murdered a few thousand of them.....and think they should be ok with it.



Graycap, with all due respect, I really wonder where you get your history from. It was the Arabs, of course, who attempted to slaughter the Israelis after the former rejected the UN'S Partition Plan. Many lost their homes in fleeing (perhaps the first incidence of the horrible leadership referenced in the video I posted).

With all due respect, the Partition Plan is and was B.S.


Be that as it may, it was the recommendation of the UN. And the Arabs' response was to try and slaughter the Jews. They've continued to try and slaughter the Jews, lose land in wars they engender, then cry victimhood.

See vid above.
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/06/19 9:19am

Cloudbuster

avatar

God is love. Unless you're Palestinian.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/06/19 9:24am

Cloudbuster

avatar

Oh, anti-Semite. That didn't take long. Oddly enough the majority of Jews are of Eastern Europen descent. Not semites. Funny that. But hey, throw it out there, it sticks.

God is love. Unless you're Palestinian.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/06/19 9:25am

Graycap23

avatar

Cloudbuster said:

Oh, anti-Semite. That didn't take long. Oddly enough the majority of Jews are of Eastern Europen descent. Not semites. Funny that. But hey, throw it out there, it sticks.

God is love. Unless you're Palestinian.

Bingo.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/06/19 9:25am

Ace

avatar

Of course no one will take on directly what the man states in the video. He's telling you that the vilification of Israel is just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from the truly nasty doings of the Palestinian "leadership". But you're, like, 'Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain! Stay focused on the smoke and mirrors!'

Once again, with "friends" like you...
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/06/19 9:27am

Graycap23

avatar

Ace said:

Of course no one will take on directly what the man states in the video. He's telling you that the vilification of Israel is just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from the truly nasty doings of the Palestinian "leadership". But you're, like, 'Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain! Stay focused on the smoke and mirrors!' Once again, with "friends" like you...

Are the people they have bombed and killed smoke and mirrors?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/06/19 9:28am

Cloudbuster

avatar

God is love, we're told. Anybody willing to kill a few more brown-skinned desert dwellers?

For love.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/06/19 9:30am

Ace

avatar

Cloudbuster said:

Oh, anti-Semite. That didn't take long. Oddly enough the majority of Jews are of Eastern Europen descent. Not semites. Funny that. But hey, throw it out there, it sticks.

God is love. Unless you're Palestinian.


Whatever. rolleyes You know as well as I do that "anti-Semitism" has come to mean "anti-Jewish".

And, yes - when criticism of Israel is based on ridiculous double-standards, people are going to call out its ultimate source: anti-Semitism.
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/06/19 9:31am

Ace

avatar

Graycap23 said:



Ace said:


Of course no one will take on directly what the man states in the video. He's telling you that the vilification of Israel is just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from the truly nasty doings of the Palestinian "leadership". But you're, like, 'Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain! Stay focused on the smoke and mirrors!' Once again, with "friends" like you...

Are the people they have bombed and killed smoke and mirrors?


Of course, that's all been unprovoked. rolleyes
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/06/19 9:32am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

Ace said:

Of course no one will take on directly what the man states in the video. He's telling you that the vilification of Israel is just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from the truly nasty doings of the Palestinian "leadership". But you're, like, 'Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain! Stay focused on the smoke and mirrors!' Once again, with "friends" like you...

Are the people they have bombed and killed smoke and mirrors?

when hamass launches attacks from civilian buildings and after being told in advance and after being given a clear warning of a counter strike and then the people are blocked by hamass from leaving YES some innocent people will be killed... Hamass on the other hand targets civilians.


No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/06/19 9:34am

Graycap23

avatar

Ace said:

Graycap23 said:

Are the people they have bombed and killed smoke and mirrors?

Of course, that's all been unprovoked. rolleyes

So basically what u are saying is that Palestine should be fine with Israel stealing their land and assets.

Is that what u are saying?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/06/19 9:36am

Ace

avatar

Graycap23 said:



Cloudbuster said:


Oh, anti-Semite. That didn't take long. Oddly enough the majority of Jews are of Eastern Europen descent. Not semites. Funny that. But hey, throw it out there, it sticks.

God is love. Unless you're Palestinian.



Bingo.


By your logic, you could say that the Palestinians' belief is that, "God is love. Unless you're Jewish." Bingo. It's been the Arabs that have engendered every war with Israel.

And, still, no one here's addressed the video I've posted. Wonder why?...
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Think Israel's the problem? You might want to watch this.