independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 14 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 04/09/19 6:40am

poppys

maplenpg said:

Pokeno4Money said:

You've brought up many excellent points.Education is the biggest factor IMO. Nearly every successful American, including all races, has one thing in common - they are educated enough to communicate effectively, get along with people, and be productive workers. Without that education, it's tough to go much farther than fast food restaurants and convenience stores no matter how hard they work.I thought the bussing of inner city kids to suburban and rural schools was a good idea back in the day. Not only did it provide a better education for the inner city kids, but it also taught ALL the kids how to interact and befriend those of different races.Unfortunately today, inner city schools have become a nightmare. Students are constantly ignoring teachers, being disruptive, disrespecting teachers and even assaulting teachers. As a result, quality teachers are leaving urban schools in droves. And there's no solution to the problem, especially with parents not only condoning the abhorrent behavior but actually encouraging it.As for reducing poverty, there's a VERY easy solution: Stop having a ton of kids that you can't afford to support. I've posted the numbers many times in the past, the birth rate for those born in poverty is far greater than any other income level. It's completely irresponsible to bring 5 or more children into a world of poverty with the expectation that they don't have to work or save because the government will support them.

Yeah right, let's blame the kids, their families and the lack of integration with the 'rich' kids rolleyes

Who even has 5 or more kids now anyway? This joker talks like he's 100 years old. These "points" on society are ridiculous lies regurgitated from old school racists. Has David Duke retweeted him yet? His signature is Jussie Smollett smears - LMAO.

[Edited 4/9/19 6:42am]

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 04/09/19 6:50am

2elijah

poppys said:

maplenpg said:

Pokeno4Money said:

You've brought up many excellent points.Education is the biggest factor IMO. Nearly every successful American, including all races, has one thing in common - they are educated enough to communicate effectively, get along with people, and be productive workers. Without that education, it's tough to go much farther than fast food restaurants and convenience stores no matter how hard they work.I thought the bussing of inner city kids to suburban and rural schools was a good idea back in the day. Not only did it provide a better education for the inner city kids, but it also taught ALL the kids how to interact and befriend those of different races.Unfortunately today, inner city schools have become a nightmare. Students are constantly ignoring teachers, being disruptive, disrespecting teachers and even assaulting teachers. As a result, quality teachers are leaving urban schools in droves. And there's no solution to the problem, especially with parents not only condoning the abhorrent behavior but actually encouraging it.As for reducing poverty, there's a VERY easy solution: Stop having a ton of kids that you can't afford to support. I've posted the numbers many times in the past, the birth rate for those born in poverty is far greater than any other income level. It's completely irresponsible to bring 5 or more children into a world of poverty with the expectation that they don't have to work or save because the government will support them.

Yeah right, let's blame the kids, their families and the lack of integration with the 'rich' kids rolleyes

Who even has 5 or more kids now anyway? This joker talks like he's 100 years old. These "points" on society are ridiculous lies regurgitated from old school racists. Has David Duke retweeted him yet? His signature is Jussie Smollett smears - LMAO.

[Edited 4/9/19 6:42am]

Old school racists always bring their insecurities out, when their conscience gets uncomfortable, to the harsh, ugly and barbaric truths of slavery and racism. They’re so twisted, they try to justify it.
[Edited 4/9/19 10:10am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
Reply #242 posted 04/09/19 7:35am

2freaky4church

Best to agree with Jane Ellliott that racism is ignorance not purely evil.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #243 posted 04/09/19 7:45am

Graycap23

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
Reply #244 posted 04/09/19 7:46am

poppys

2freaky4church
¤

Best to agree with my dad - some people are mean as a goddam snake.

Tired of hearing that they are ignorant. That gives them a pass they would never give to others. There is something inherently wrong with people that do not have empathy toward the pain and plight of other human beings. Ignorance should be fixable.

How many threads does it take before they aren't ignorant anymore??? Exactly how much information do they need?

[Edited 4/9/19 7:54am]

Reply #245 posted 04/09/19 8:04am

Graycap23

poppys said:

2freaky4church
¤

Tired of hearing that they are ignorant. That gives them a pass they would never give to others. There is something inherently wrong with people that do not have empathy toward the pain and plight of other human beings. Ignorance should be fixable.

How many threads does it take before they aren't ignorant anymore??? Exactly how much information do they need?

Exactly.

Reply #246 posted 04/09/19 10:00am

2elijah

poppys said:

2freaky4church
¤

That’s very true. They don’t want the information. They are aware of America’s history of slavery and racism, and how it profited from both. That’s why they are uncomfortable, whenever that topic is discussed. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t approach these discussions with insults, anger, sarcasm and deflection. They know the topic forces them to question their conscience, and they don’t like that.
[Edited 4/9/19 10:01am]
#NOFEAR
Reply #247 posted 04/09/19 10:04am

2elijah

2freaky4church1 said:

Are you kidding me? Racism is evil. Look at the abuses that have come from it. It’s mental and physical abuse.
#NOFEAR
Reply #248 posted 04/09/19 10:14am

OldFriends4Sal
e

2elijah said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Are you kidding me? Racism is evil. Look at the abuses that have come from it. It’s mental and physical abuse.

There are people who are seperating thing from terms like 'evil' because of a religious connotation

I remember hearding Oprah a while back saying 'it's not evil, the made/were given bad choices'

I forgot what the topic was about.

The idea that if given better option etc people would naturally do the right thing or be good people etc etc

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?

#IDEFINEME
Reply #249 posted 04/09/19 10:24am

2freaky4church

I meant the people.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #250 posted 04/09/19 10:42am

poppys

2freaky4church1 said:

I meant the people.

What people are you talking about? I'm over the cryptic.

Reply #251 posted 04/09/19 11:19am

2elijah

OldFriends4Sale said:

2elijah said:

2freaky4church1 said:

There are people who are seperating thing from terms like 'evil' because of a religious connotation

I remember hearding Oprah a while back saying 'it's not evil, the made/were given bad choices'

The idea that if given better option etc people would naturally do the right thing or be good people etc etc

Choosing to do acts of evil or acts intended to harm, is a choice. So there’s really no excuse to be given for one who chooses to go that route.
#NOFEAR
Reply #252 posted 04/09/19 11:23am

OldFriends4Sal
e

2elijah said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Choosing to do acts of evil or acts intended to harm, is a choice. So there’s really no excuse to be given for one who chooses to go that route.

That's not what I saying. 2Freaky posted something about someone saying 'don't call it evil'

Evil tends to point to a 'fallen nature of man ie sin ie God/Satan etc' And there is a train of thought that is removing words like Evil because it is associated with 'religion' so people are using things like 'environment' 'made bad choices that lead to...' etc

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?

#IDEFINEME
Reply #253 posted 04/09/19 2:12pm

jjhunsecker

Some motherfuckers are just plain EVIL... no qualifiers needed
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
Reply #254 posted 04/09/19 2:31pm

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

Some motherfuckers are just plain EVIL... no qualifiers needed

Exactly.
#NOFEAR
Reply #255 posted 04/09/19 3:59pm

Pokeno4Money

jjhunsecker said:

As opposed to the "Native American slurs" used by Trump??? Which Pete repeatedly said didn't bother him one bit.... [Edited 4/8/19 18:46pm]

Regardless of whether or not Pete doesn't mind, it's still hurtful slurs especially for Native Americans that may be reading it. I don't see Pete sending racial insults your way, if he did then feel free to prove it.

As for Trump, if you're referring to his comments about Warren then I agree he was wrong to say what he said EVEN THOUGH he was mocking someone for pretending to be Native American.

But didn't your Momma ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? Every day there are people who rape, rob and murder. Does that give anyone else an excuse to do the same? Come on now, using someone else's evil behavior as an excuse is childish ... especially when the "someone else" is a person that you can't stand. Why would you want to imitate someone that you despise and don't respect? no no no!

"Never let nasty stalkers disrespect you. They start shit, you finish it. Go down to their level, that's the only way they'll understand. You have to handle things yourself."
Reply #256 posted 04/09/19 5:53pm

2elijah

@ blue bolded part. I had to laugh at the delusional Katie Pavlich’s comment. She needs to take a history refresher course, because she got it wrong by saying America was the first country to end slavery. Clueless. I like how MLK Jr’s daughter checked her in the rest of ghatbcimment.

Article from BBC News
https://www.google.com/am...a-47643630

Should Black Americans get slavery reparations?
21 March 2019 US & Canada

“How does a country recover from centuries of slavery and racism? In the US, a growing number of voices are saying the answer is reparations.

Reparations are a restitution for slavery - an apology and repayment to black citizens whose ancestors were forced into the slave trade.

It's a policy notion that many black academics and advocates have long called for, but one that politicians have largely sidestepped or ignored.

But increased activism around racial inequalities and discussions among Democratic 2020 presidential candidates have thrust the issue into the national spotlight.

This week, talk of reparations made headlines after a Fox News contributor argued against the policy by saying the US actually deserves more credit for ending slavery as quickly as it did.

America came along as the first country to end it within 150 years, and we get no credit for that," Katie Pavlich said on Tuesday, adding that reparations would only "inflame racial tension even more".

The backlash to her comments from liberals and activists was swift.

—-
Bernice King, daughter of Martin Luther King Jr, responded by saying America "doesn't deserve credit for 'ending slavery'" when the ideologies are still prevalent.

Be A King
@BerniceKing
“America doesn’t deserve credit for “ending slavery.” What America ended (on paper) reflects an ideology and a quest for power at the expense of humanity that are still prevalent in the policies, spirit and mores of this nation.”—Bernice King
——

“What's the history?

“Talk of repaying African-Americans has been around since the Civil War era, when centuries of slavery officially ended.

Some experts have calculated the worth of black labour during slavery as anywhere from billions to trillions of dollars. Adding in exploitative low-income work post-slavery pushes those figures even higher.

Even after the technical end of the slave trade, black Americans were denied education, voting rights, and the right to own property - treated in many ways as second-class citizens.

Those arguing for reparations point to these historic inequalities as reasons for current schisms between white and black Americans when it comes to income, housing, healthcare and incarceration rates.”

(Click on link to read rest of article)
#NOFEAR
Reply #257 posted 04/09/19 6:21pm

jjhunsecker

Pokeno4Money said:

jjhunsecker said:

As opposed to the "Native American slurs" used by Trump??? Which Pete repeatedly said didn't bother him one bit.... [Edited 4/8/19 18:46pm]

Regardless of whether or not Pete doesn't mind, it's still hurtful slurs especially for Native Americans that may be reading it. I don't see Pete sending racial insults your way, if he did then feel free to prove it.

As for Trump, if you're referring to his comments about Warren then I agree he was wrong to say what he said EVEN THOUGH he was mocking someone for pretending to be Native American.

But didn't your Momma ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? Every day there are people who rape, rob and murder. Does that give anyone else an excuse to do the same? Come on now, using someone else's evil behavior as an excuse is childish ... especially when the "someone else" is a person that you can't stand. Why would you want to imitate someone that you despise and don't respect? no no no!

It's obvious you missed my point... not that I expected you to grasp it.
But people like you still support this disgusting President in spite of your tepid
"Criticism " of his bigotry. You are harder on ME than you are on your President...good job, Stephen

And Pete can't show selective outrage about my comments while excusing Trump, either...

You guys so easily fell into it...
[Edited 4/9/19 18:25pm]
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
Reply #258 posted 04/09/19 6:29pm

2elijah

Graycap23 said:

Image may contain: hat and text

We shall see how that goes with the reparations issue, if it actually gets off the table next year.
#NOFEAR
Reply #259 posted 04/09/19 6:51pm

Pokeno4Money

Earlier I mentioned how we could reduce poverty if we stopped popping out 5 or more kids.

How about those who have fathered 34 kids?

Iyanla tells it like it is, love that girl! kotc

"Never let nasty stalkers disrespect you. They start shit, you finish it. Go down to their level, that's the only way they'll understand. You have to handle things yourself."
Reply #260 posted 04/09/19 7:09pm

poppys

^^ falloff Alternate topic universe. Maybe try to shoehorn Jussie Smollett in here too.

Reply #261 posted 04/09/19 8:57pm

jjhunsecker

poppys said:

^^ falloff Alternate topic universe. Maybe try to shoehorn Jussie Smollett in here too.

Who had 5 kids that he spent very little time with and barely helped in their raising? Does the name Donald J Trump sound familiar?
If he was poor and Black, many on here would be tearing him apart for his poor parenting and serial infidelity
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
Reply #262 posted 04/09/19 10:25pm

TweetyV6

poppys said:

TweetyV6 said:

Pffffffffff .... HAHAHAHAHA lol lol
Riiiight....

You mean for the prosperity they brought?

Yes, I remember this from another thread a while back. You justify slavery because it brought wealth to the (caucaisan european) people of the country.

The Dutch were some of the worst. They started early and refused to give up Surinam even after the rest of Europe outlawed slavery. Disgusting that centuries later Tweety still points to greed as the reason - and is proud of it.

[Edited 4/9/19 6:33am]

You just don't want to acknowledge that besides the negative things, the influence of the Dutch has mainly had a positive impact on the former colonies.

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #263 posted 04/10/19 4:20am

2elijah

TweetyV6 said:

poppys said:

TweetyV6 said:

Pfffff .... HAHAHAHAHA lol lol
Riiiight....

You mean for the prosperity they brought?

Yes, I remember this from another thread a while back. You justify slavery because it brought wealth to the (caucaisan european) people of the country.

The Dutch were some of the worst. They started early and refused to give up Surinam even after the rest of Europe outlawed slavery. Disgusting that centuries later Tweety still points to greed as the reason - and is proud of it.

[Edited 4/9/19 6:33am]

You just don't want to acknowledge that besides the negative things, the influence of the Dutch has mainly had a positive impact on the former colonies.

Absolutely not. Raping, beating and forced slavery is nothing to gloat about nor was is it (or is it) a positive impact, for those who experienced the injustices within the colonies, while their abusers profited from their hard work and abuse. Only a sadistic beast would think that was a positive impact.
[Edited 4/10/19 6:53am]
#NOFEAR
Reply #264 posted 04/10/19 4:31am

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

Who had 5 kids that he spent very little time with and barely helped in their raising? Does the name Donald J Trump sound familiar?
If he was poor and Black, many on here would be tearing him apart for his poor parenting and serial infidelity

nod And pretending that poverty doesn’t exists in their communities. Typical. The intention of trolls is to derail threads. Don't fall for it or engage in their nonsense. The only reason one would derail this thread is because they’re angry that the topic is being discussed, and they can’t handle the uncomfortable truths being discussed. In the meantime don't let the trolls throw the topic off track.
[Edited 4/10/19 6:24am]
#NOFEAR
Reply #265 posted 04/10/19 7:42am

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

Who had 5 kids that he spent very little time with and barely helped in their raising? Does the name Donald J Trump sound familiar? If he was poor and Black, many on here would be tearing him apart for his poor parenting and serial infidelity

An excellent point about the double standard being used at every turn.

Reply #266 posted 04/10/19 7:54am

poppys

TweetyV6 said:

poppys said:

Don't turn this on me. There were/are no good things about slavery in real time or retrospect. Chilling how you sweep the entire practice under the rug with besides the negative things.

Crazy denial just makes it even more evil. There is no positive impact in stealing lives, land, resources and money. You actually think we're going to buy the former colonies were better off lie? How about leave people alone to govern themselves in the first place. As soon as you couldn't exploit, you left. Don't hand me that better off shit.

Reply #267 posted 04/10/19 8:23am

2elijah

poppys said:

TweetyV6 said:

poppys said:

Don't turn this on me. There were/are no good things about slavery in real time or retrospect. Chilling how you sweep the entire practice under the rug with besides the negative things.

Crazy denial just makes it even more evil. There is no positive impact in stealing lives, land, resources and money. You actually think we're going to buy the former colonies were better off lie? How about leave people alone to govern themselves in the first place. As soon as you couldn't exploit, you left. Don't hand me that better off shit.

clapping
#NOFEAR
Reply #268 posted 04/10/19 10:17am

Graycap23

What kind of mofo thinks that besides the genocide, slavery, murder, rape, and almost complete destruction of multiple generations of people had a positive side?.....and u wonder why the world is fucked up.

Reply #269 posted 04/10/19 3:30pm

Pokeno4Money

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

Who had 5 kids that he spent very little time with and barely helped in their raising? Does the name Donald J Trump sound familiar? If he was poor and Black, many on here would be tearing him apart for his poor parenting and serial infidelity

Flippitedy flop you go, like a fish outta water.

We both agree Trump has horrible parenting skills, and is an atrocious role model (we both know you'd use a different level of words though), so why the heck would you have a problem with him having others take care of raising his kids? You're saying you would WANT to be raised by him? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. But that's not even the point. The point is, he didn't rely on government handouts to support his kids and he didn't bring his kids into a life of poverty.

Go visit some of the housing projects in the inner cities, see how awful their living conditions are. It's sickening that their parents didn't give a damn about the wretched life they chose to bring all those kids into. As usual, it's the epitome of selfishness.

I know several people who made sure they didn't have kids until they were in a financial position to raise them the way they deserve to be raised. THAT, my friend, is what parents do when they truly care about their children. Not like others who view babies as nothing more than a golden ticket to a bigger handout.

[Edited 4/10/19 15:31pm]

Page 9 of 14 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd