independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 14 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 04/06/19 7:42am

2elijah

poppys said:

2elijah said:

Even Caribbean islands are seeking reparations from Europe. This article is from 2014, so not sure how that is working out for them. Caribbean nations agree to seek slavery reparations from Europe Aileen Torres-Bennett https://www.google.com/ur...5541873358

Very interesting. It will be quite complicated, as kingdoms passed many islands around like playing cards. St. Croix USVI had 7 flags alone. The Caribbean has long been forgotten economically. Anything they can do to regain some monetary footing is good.

For the most part, when Europe started outlawing slavery (after they perfected growing the sugar beet on their own soil), plantation owners were paid off and most went back to Europe leaving the former slaves to live or die.

nod
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 04/06/19 7:54am

poppys

Graycap23 said:

poppys said:

Oh, I love this. She took it right to the basics, comparing how we change ourselves for the better as individuals - to how we can change our society by attempting to right the wrongs of the past. I like that she has a suggested $$ plan outline too. Instead of just vaguely saying we need to do this.

However it is fairly accomplished is fine with me. We just gave a trillion dollars in tax cuts to the 1%. Trump got a billion dollars for a damn WALL from the Pentagon last week. Corporate welfare in the form of tax cuts is off the charts. We can blow up the entire world thousands of times with what we spend on bombs and weaponry. So don't nobody come on here and say we can't afford it either.

Have u seen how much money the U.S. has spent on this fake war?

WASHINGTON—U.S. wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Pakistan have cost American taxpayers $5.6 trillion since they began in 2001, according to a new study, a figure more than three times that of the Pentagon's own estimates.

Meanwhile, 1 in 5 children in the US are food insecure (hungry). We have slashed education to the bone with no end in sight. Teachers buy toilet paper and crayons out of their low salaries and many schools now depend on "charity". disbelief

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #182 posted 04/06/19 7:58am

Graycap23

poppys said:

Graycap23 said:

WASHINGTON—U.S. wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Pakistan have cost American taxpayers $5.6 trillion since they began in 2001, according to a new study, a figure more than three times that of the Pentagon's own estimates.

Meanwhile, 1 in 5 children in the US are food insecure (hungry). We have slashed education to the bone with no end in sight. Teachers buy toilet paper and crayons out of their low salaries and many schools now depend on "charity". disbelief

While Trump spends $3,000,000 every other week playing golf.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
Reply #183 posted 04/06/19 7:59am

OnlyNDaUsa

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said: Ignore them, because you will always find folks like that, who are the ‘Hannity’ types, who blow smoke out their asses, and are jealous, racist, ignorant and afraid of the progress of Black Americans in this country. They do not have the the best interests of Black Americans in this country, that’s why they make ignorant comments like that. They get pissed off whenever Blacks discuss America’s history of slavery and its present-day racism. Yet, they (the ‘Hannity’ types) get amnesia about the ‘free stuff’, like the stolen land from the Native Americans, free labor from enslaved Africans/Black Americans, and other free stuff their ancestors received/took advantage of, which made them the first recipients of America’s first welfare system. [Edited 4/6/19 4:35am]

I generally do ignore them, and refuse to engage with such morons, especially ones who crave the attention ....They are not here to debate rationally (which can and SHOULD be done on any issue), but to just spout off and cause controversy and anger and rancor...

That's why there are a few I refuse to engage, because I would get better responses from a brick wall

some people can handle a debate and some can not. Some insist they be agreed with and results to insults when they do not. Some only see their narrow self-interests and can not see how if they got their wish that there could be very bad consequences with little actual benefits.

In this case: no one denies the evil of slavery and racism. And I do am not saying there is not a narrow case to be made for reparations. But when some add to that what would effectively be a free nation, no taxes, and free college... and whatever else... then we get to a point where rational thought is no longer involved.

So you call people names... and given your history of using race-based slurs here... one has to ponder what you Really want to say?

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
Reply #184 posted 04/06/19 8:00am

OnlyNDaUsa

Graycap23 said:

poppys said:

While Trump spends $3,000,000 every other week playing golf.

if that is true...he shouldn't... but that is off topic...

Reply #185 posted 04/06/19 8:01am

Graycap23

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:

I generally do ignore them, and refuse to engage with such morons, especially ones who crave the attention ....They are not here to debate rationally (which can and SHOULD be done on any issue), but to just spout off and cause controversy and anger and rancor...

That's why there are a few I refuse to engage, because I would get better responses from a brick wall

Agree, they do it to get a reaction. They usually speak from their insecurities, bias, ignorance and self-imposed fears.

lol.....one of the clowns has been stalking my posts since 2006.

Bat shit crazy.

Reply #186 posted 04/06/19 8:05am

OnlyNDaUsa

poppys said:

Graycap23 said:

that is just not true... but we should. We spend too much... I read how the DOE wants to cut some programs... I say cut the DOE down to a very few people who just distribute funds to states based on a much-simplified system... so much per child and so much more for children in Special Education as well as funding for other programs.

but again that is off topic...

Reply #187 posted 04/06/19 8:52am

2elijah

Graycap23 said:

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:

Agree, they do it to get a reaction. They usually speak from their insecurities, bias, ignorance and self-imposed fears.

Bat shit crazy.

I hear you. Best to ignore them. Roll right over their posts like a bulldozer and don’t read or respond to their posts, because their only purpose is to troll and stir nonsense, because they’re usually desperate for a negative response or reaction, moreso than having an actual ‘genuine’ interest or concern in these type topics.
[Edited 4/6/19 9:05am]
Reply #188 posted 04/06/19 8:52am

Graycap23

“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”
Martin Luther King Jr

Reply #189 posted 04/06/19 8:54am

2elijah

poppys said:

Graycap23 said:

poppys said:

Oh, I love this. She took it right to the basics, comparing how we change ourselves for the better as individuals - to how we can change our society by attempting to right the wrongs of the past. I like that she has a suggested $$ plan outline too. Instead of just vaguely saying we need to do this.

However it is fairly accomplished is fine with me. We just gave a trillion dollars in tax cuts to the 1%. Trump got a billion dollars for a damn WALL from the Pentagon last week. Corporate welfare in the form of tax cuts is off the charts. We can blow up the entire world thousands of times with what we spend on bombs and weaponry. So don't nobody come on here and say we can't afford it either.

disbelief Damn shame isn’t it?
Reply #190 posted 04/06/19 8:54am

SuperFurryAnim
al

Graycap23 said:

“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”
Martin Luther King Jr

Yeah passive accepting evils. We have modern day slavery happening right here right now. Do you think we should stop that first? King would agree.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #191 posted 04/06/19 9:02am

2elijah

Graycap23 said:

Martin Luther King Jr

Lot of truth in that. It’s like those who remain silent about injustices or against anyone protesting or raising awareness of it, are contributors to maintaining and allowing those injustices to continue.
Reply #192 posted 04/06/19 9:18am

Graycap23

2elijah said:

Graycap23 said:

Bat shit crazy.

I hear you. Best to ignore them. Roll right over their posts like a bulldozer and don’t read or respond to their posts, because their only purpose is to troll and stir nonsense, because they’re usually desperate for a negative response or reaction, moreso than having an actual ‘genuine’ interest or concern in these type topics. [Edited 4/6/19 9:05am]

Yep.

The trolls love responses........they get off on it.

It is always the same hand full of folks.

Like clockwork.

Reply #193 posted 04/06/19 9:25am

SuperFurryAnim
al

2elijah said:

Graycap23 said:

Martin Luther King Jr

Lot of truth in that. It’s like those who remain silent about injustices or against anyone protesting or raising awareness of it, are contributors to maintaining and allowing those injustices to continue.

Modern slavery happens now. As a matter of fact many world leaders (Clinton, Bush, Obama) knowingly took advantage of slavery dealing with the likes of China. So how would reparations work for actual slaves? Not to even mention the sex slave workers you can find all over America and the government turns a blind eye to in the past until Trump administration. Tax big business more to do business with China that utilizes slave labor to give free things to people that aren't even effected by modern slavery?
Reply #194 posted 04/06/19 9:34am

jjhunsecker

2elijah said:

Graycap23 said:

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:

Bat shit crazy.

I hear you. Best to ignore them. Roll right over their posts like a bulldozer and don’t read or respond to their posts, because their only purpose is to troll and stir nonsense, because they’re usually desperate for a negative response or reaction, moreso than having an actual ‘genuine’ interest or concern in these type topics.
[Edited 4/6/19 9:05am]

So true... and some of these same folks are very quick to complain when they feel "insulted ". I'm willing to debate anyone on any issue as long as they are rational, and a sense of humor helps
Reply #195 posted 04/06/19 9:35am

Graycap23

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:
I hear you. Best to ignore them. Roll right over their posts like a bulldozer and don’t read or respond to their posts, because their only purpose is to troll and stir nonsense, because they’re usually desperate for a negative response or reaction, moreso than having an actual ‘genuine’ interest or concern in these type topics. [Edited 4/6/19 9:05am]
So true... and some of these same folks are very quick to complain when they feel "insulted ". I'm willing to debate anyone on any issue as long as they are rational, and a sense of humor helps

That is where we part ways........I'm not debating with the trolls.

Reply #196 posted 04/06/19 9:36am

poppys

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Modern slavery happens now. As a matter of fact many world leaders (Clinton, Bush, Obama) knowingly took advantage of slavery dealing with the likes of China. So how would reparations work for actual slaves? Not to even mention the sex slave workers you can find all over America and the government turns a blind eye to in the past until Trump administration. Tax big business more to do business with China that utilizes slave labor to give free things to people that aren't even effected by modern slavery?

deflect blahblah throw in the kitchen sink blahblah didn't even watch the Williamson video blahblah

[Edited 4/6/19 9:42am]

Reply #197 posted 04/06/19 9:49am

OnlyNDaUsa

Graycap23 said:

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said: So true... and some of these same folks are very quick to complain when they feel "insulted ". I'm willing to debate anyone on any issue as long as they are rational, and a sense of humor helps

well bye... you had nothing to say that was even close to a rational thought...

Reply #198 posted 04/06/19 9:55am

OnlyNDaUsa

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

when you call people names and they call you out on that and given your history of having posts deleted for your use of race-based slurs given your history of having a double standard that you defend the use of racist language when you like that person and if I remember correctly you also have a history of suggesting you would use violence forces up to and including deadly force if someone use WORDS you found offensive... that is not necessarily the same as them being offended... it is just calling out hate as it happens.

Reply #199 posted 04/06/19 9:58am

poppys

From the orger who penned Colon Cancernick among many many others.

Reply #200 posted 04/06/19 10:04am

poppys

Graycap23 said:

2elijah said:

Yep.

Like clockwork.

nod Sign of a good topic.

Reply #201 posted 04/06/19 10:13am

OnlyNDaUsa

poppys said:

lol lol yeah I did! what did that hurt your feelings?

Reply #202 posted 04/06/19 10:17am

OnlyNDaUsa

poppys said:

Graycap23 said:

Yep.

Like clockwork.

nod Sign of a good topic.

either we want to debate this or we do not. Not liking that in a bait topic that people do not all agree with radical and bigoted ideas is not the same as being trolled. I have made my case... And in most cases better than the ones I am not agreeing with... "we need this!" I lay out reasons why it may be a bad idea... you may not like it but at least I took part and I do so from my own mind.

Reply #203 posted 04/06/19 10:50am

jjhunsecker

Graycap23 said:

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said: So true... and some of these same folks are very quick to complain when they feel "insulted ". I'm willing to debate anyone on any issue as long as they are rational, and a sense of humor helps

That's why I emphasize the RATIONAL part....the others can just suck it !

Reply #204 posted 04/06/19 11:00am

jjhunsecker

poppys said:

Yeah, that was "hilarious".... doh!

Reply #205 posted 04/06/19 11:02am

OnlyNDaUsa

jjhunsecker said:

Graycap23 said:

That's why I emphasize the RATIONAL part....the others can just suck it !

razz oh baby...

Reply #206 posted 04/06/19 1:56pm

2elijah

Here’s another article on Democratic candidates and the reparations issue:

Many white nationalists trumpers are going to go batshit nuts on this topic. Lol.

https://www.cbsnews.com/n...americans/

2020 Democrats begin to approach topic of reparations for black Americans
BY GRACE SEGERS
UPDATED ON: APRIL 5, 2019 / 12:51 PM / CBS NEWS
[Edited 4/8/19 5:55am]
Reply #207 posted 04/06/19 2:12pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

2elijah said:

Hers another article on Democratic candidates and the reparations issue:

Many white nationalists trumpers are going to go batshit nuts on this topic. Lol.

https://www.google.com/ur...0332552554

2020 Democrats begin to approach topic of reparations for black Americans
BY GRACE SEGERS
UPDATED ON: APRIL 5, 2019 / 12:51 PM / CBS NEWS

I wonder how that would work for everyone that moved to Mexico?
Reply #208 posted 04/06/19 8:10pm

OnlyNDaUsa

It is sad how people like AOC think they can buy votes by pushing for reparations... wait would she tax it if it was paid?

sadder still is that it would work.

Reply #209 posted 04/07/19 10:19pm

uPtoWnNY

For me, reparations is fixing our fucked up segregated education system so inner city kids have the same chance for a quality education like their suburban counterparts. How about fixing the inequities in the criminal justice system, or coming up with creative ways to reduce poverty, create jobs, encourage entrepreneurship?

Page 7 of 14 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd