independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Jan 2020 10:50am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 14 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 04/04/19 8:31am

poppys

What I do understand is that people who make a case against the words fight for change are fine with the way things are.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 04/04/19 8:51am

CherryMoon57

poppys said:

What I do understand is that people who make a case against the words fight for change are fine with the way things are.

But it seems that there has never been better times for everyone to be 'equal'. 'EQUALITY' is displayed everywhere for all to see in all its splendor. Rights are given to all left and right and people have been 'fighting' so hard for it... Surely they should be truly happy now, so why aren't they?

Open your heart open your mind
A train is leaving all day
Reply #62 posted 04/04/19 8:51am

hausofmoi7

OldFriends4Sale said:

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

good

Just like you meant no offence when you called me a dude

You are creating too much drama here, your 'girl' reply was clearly to get a response. Let's let the thread go back to what it was

Whatever [Snip - luv4u], the point is that relocating is not an option for most black people for many reasons.
Even if they wanted to they couldn’t.
But perhaps with reparations they could relocate.
So would you agree to reparations so black people who want leave could?

[Edited 4/4/19 9:00am]
“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
Reply #63 posted 04/04/19 9:14am

benni

CherryMoon57 said:

poppys said:

But it seems that there has never been better times for everyone to be 'equal'. 'EQUALITY' is displayed everywhere for all to see in all its splendor. Rights are given to all left and right and people have been 'fighting' so hard for it... Surely they should be truly happy now, so why aren't they?

CherryMoon, I can't tell if you are being condescending, naive, or both.

While black Americans supposedly have the same rights as white Americans, that's just not the case.

Black Americans are incarcerated at higher rates (for the same crimes white people commit) and are given harsher penalities than white Americans (for those same crimes).

Black Americans are being shot and killed by the police at much higher rates than white Americans under the same damn circumstances.

Black Americans walk into a store and are followed by store security. White Americans can walk into that store and are never profiled in such a manner.

Black Americans experience less pay raises and less promotions than do white American males.

Black Americans have a harder time getting mortgages to buy homes, than do white Americans. They can have the same credit scores, earn the same amount of money, and black Americans are more likely to be turned down for the loans necessary to purchase that home.

Black Americans do not have the same access to resources in predominantly black neighborhoods than white Americans do in predominantly white neighborhoods.

Black Americans face more systemic racism (and outright racism) than any other race in America. Hispanics come in second. (Though under Trump, that demographic may be changing some - but we won't know the damage done by Trump until after his presidency.)

Black Americans are not given the same privileges that white Americans receive, due to the systemic inequality that they continue to face in America.

Being given rights on paper is not the same as being able to take advantage of those rights.

Reply #64 posted 04/04/19 9:26am

luv4u

lurking

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #65 posted 04/04/19 9:59am

onlyforaminute

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

You are creating too much drama here, your 'girl' reply was clearly to get a response. Let's let the thread go back to what it was

Whatever [Snip - luv4u], the point is that relocating is not an option for most black people for many reasons. Even if they wanted to they couldn’t. But perhaps with reparations they could relocate. So would you agree to reparations so black people who want leave could? . [Edited 4/4/19 9:00am]

To me, throwing a stack of cash at people has proven to be one of the most ineffective ways of raising their quality of life. Granted everybody loves having it done to them we all are vulnerable to our primal wants.

[Edited 4/4/19 10:01am]

Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #66 posted 04/04/19 10:18am

onlyforaminute

RodeoSchro said:

Taking Graycap's assertions at face value, there are two options:

1. Move to another country; or
2. Make this country better.

MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
I don't know which one. European Orgers seem to indicate that race relations are better there than here, so that's a start. But moving to another country is a GIANT step. It means leaving your business, and at least some of your family. It means starting over from scratch. I'd think one would have to be dead serious about it in order to move to another country.

MAKE THIS COUNTRY BETTER
Maybe even harder than finding another country to live in, but at least you don't have to move. One would have to figure out where they'd best fit in making this country better. It might be on a local organization; statewide; or even a national organization. Personally, I hope this is the choice made because the more good people that stay here, the better.

I'm just going to say what I guess I already said. People have been moving to other "countries" for a long time, for a whole lot of reasons and it's general not the well off that do it. God Bless America the home of the immigrants, for instance.

The dynamics, or rather, the rules keep changing to favor those already in certain positions. But the truth is more stay than leave anyway. Seems those that stay feel more motivated because they do know they have a choice and they've made it. That's empowering in itself I would think.

Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #67 posted 04/04/19 11:05am

Graycap23

onlyforaminute said:

RodeoSchro said:

MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
I don't know which one. European Orgers seem to indicate that race relations are better there than here, so that's a start. But moving to another country is a GIANT step. It means leaving your business, and at least some of your family. It means starting over from scratch. I'd think one would have to be dead serious about it in order to move to another country.

MAKE THIS COUNTRY BETTER
Maybe even harder than finding another country to live in, but at least you don't have to move. One would have to figure out where they'd best fit in making this country better. It might be on a local organization; statewide; or even a national organization. Personally, I hope this is the choice made because the more good people that stay here, the better.

I'm just going to say what I guess I already said. People have been moving to other "countries" for a long time, for a whole lot of reasons and it's general not the well off that do it. God Bless America the home of the immigrants, for instance.

The dynamics, or rather, the rules keep changing to favor those already in certain positions. But the truth is more stay than leave anyway. Seems those that stay feel more motivated because they do know they have a choice and they've made it. That's empowering in itself I would think.

Make this country better? Lol.....u have racist in the White and Congress.

How does that make this country better?

That is the response of a simpleton.

Leaving doesn't solve the problem of this racist colonized occupied country.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
Reply #68 posted 04/04/19 11:08am

onlyforaminute

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #69 posted 04/04/19 11:39am

OnlyNDaUsa

RodeoSchro said:

MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY

MAKE THIS COUNTRY BETTER

The ONLY other option is do nothing.
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #70 posted 04/04/19 11:48am

Graycap23

onlyforaminute said:

Graycap23 said:

Ok, so then what?

We need our OWN land here is the US.

Don't tell me it's not possible.

The US supports the theft of land in Israel every day.

Reply #71 posted 04/04/19 11:50am

OnlyNDaUsa

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Graycap23 said:

Ok, so then what?

Huh...no.
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #72 posted 04/04/19 11:51am

onlyforaminute

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

What land? If I own a house don't I own land?

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #73 posted 04/04/19 1:15pm

Graycap23

Reply #74 posted 04/04/19 2:06pm

luv4u

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

Tell that to the First Nations people of your country that got the land stolen from them.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #75 posted 04/04/19 2:13pm

onlyforaminute

luv4u said:

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

Tell that to the First Nations people of your country that got the land stolen from them.

Uh that too.

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #76 posted 04/04/19 2:17pm

Graycap23

luv4u said:

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

i happen to be one of them. What else do u have?
Reply #77 posted 04/04/19 2:27pm

RodeoSchro

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

If you don't have any ideas on how to make the country better - or you do have a suggestion but no idea on how it could or would work - but you aren't going to leave, then you're just letting off steam.

I hope you feel better now.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #78 posted 04/04/19 2:46pm

onlyforaminute

Graycap23 said:

luv4u said:

i happen to be one of them. What else do u have?

I thought this was about black people in America as a whole not just you?

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #79 posted 04/04/19 2:56pm

CherryMoon57

benni said:

CherryMoon57 said:

While black Americans supposedly have the same rights as white Americans, that's just not the case.

Black Americans are incarcerated at higher rates (for the same crimes white people commit) and are given harsher penalities than white Americans (for those same crimes).

Black Americans are being shot and killed by the police at much higher rates than white Americans under the same damn circumstances.

Black Americans walk into a store and are followed by store security. White Americans can walk into that store and are never profiled in such a manner.

Black Americans experience less pay raises and less promotions than do white American males.

Black Americans have a harder time getting mortgages to buy homes, than do white Americans. They can have the same credit scores, earn the same amount of money, and black Americans are more likely to be turned down for the loans necessary to purchase that home.

Black Americans do not have the same access to resources in predominantly black neighborhoods than white Americans do in predominantly white neighborhoods.

Black Americans face more systemic racism (and outright racism) than any other race in America. Hispanics come in second. (Though under Trump, that demographic may be changing some - but we won't know the damage done by Trump until after his presidency.)

Black Americans are not given the same privileges that white Americans receive, due to the systemic inequality that they continue to face in America.

Being given rights on paper is not the same as being able to take advantage of those rights.

That was of course a rhetorical question and sort of continuation of my other conversation(s) with poppys. But it’s ok, you obviously didn’t realise I was not simply referring to the 'black' people in the US, but also to the global victimisation trend. You may have noticed that 'equality' and 'pride' of all kinds are being claimed and even marketed everywhere, yet everyone keeps complaining... Even the people who are granted the rights they demand.

As for what you listed above, if those assertions truly are still a reality, despite all the actions and protests that have taken place throughout the past century and the rights that have been granted 'on paper' as you said, it sounds to me that it is now all down to people themselves to apply those changes. As they say, you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

But to be honest with you, I just think it also has a lot to do with our nature: to be mean and unfair towards other people, especially those who are outnumbered, is a common human trait. As I was implying in my earlier post, I have lived in the UK for more than half of my life now and I am still treated like an outsider wherever I go. Oh and I am still not allowed to vote in the UK. It's harsh but I am afraid that's part of the package of being here and I accept it therefore I don't feel the need to go out there and protest about it, that would be a complete waste of time. Plus I would probably be the only person at the protest lol

But is it really racism though? People hurt others all the time, sometimes with words, sometimes with actions, and these wrongs are not always acknowledged or put right, let alone intentional. So life must go on and nothing will ever get any better for anyone if we continuously complain or wrap up everyone in cotton wool... I also think there is most certainly an additional pervasive narrative added by the media around occasional incidents, which exacerbates people's perceptions of any issues while fuelling the general fire of discontentment.

[Edited 4/4/19 15:19pm]

Open your heart open your mind
A train is leaving all day
Reply #80 posted 04/04/19 4:19pm

Graycap23

There are a few people in this thread that clearly dont give a shit about the plight of black people. It would be great if u just stop commenting on the subject.
Reply #81 posted 04/04/19 4:23pm

onlyforaminute

lol Peace.
[Edited 4/4/19 16:28pm]

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #82 posted 04/04/19 5:37pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

It's a free country and if people want to move out of the USA when the economy, DOW and job numbers are great they can.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #83 posted 04/04/19 6:02pm

OnlyNDaUsa

Graycap23 said:

There are a few people in this thread that clearly dont give a shit about the plight of black people. It would be great if u just stop commenting on the subject.

that is not true

Reply #84 posted 04/04/19 7:12pm

2elijah

luv4u said:

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

Yes, but Blacks are not responsible for the land that was stolen from Native Americans. We are not the ones who stole it. Our African ancestors were brought here on ships and forced into slavery to work for slaveowners who could afford to own slaves. Let’s not forget, that America is the home of ‘Black American culture’ (not to be confused with specifically African culture), because of the unfortunate circumstances of the transatlantic slave trade. We didn’t ask for it so I’m sure you could understand that. For the majority of Black Americans, English ‘is’ our first language, and we have European surnames. None of which we asked for, but I don’t have to explain how we got that language or surnames. Both speak for how, why and what happened in America’s past.

It’s not news that many Black Americans before us, fought against America’s injustices, but we’d be a fool to believe that all is good, fair and equal in present-day America, and that we live in a post-racial society, because we don’t. Still a lot more work to do. Some may say what’s the point, because racist mindsets/discrimination still exists, and you can’t change racists’ mindsets, as they have to want to change their mindset themselves. That may be so, but the fight against injustice is worth it, because those who were enslaved in the past, did not have the freedom to fight for theirs. So the fight for change/improvement must go on.

Anyway, I doubt if this government would ever give Black Americans a settlement of land ir anything else as reparations, because this country is still too ripe with racist mentalities and racial disrespect towards Blacks, that stemmed from its past. It’s just not going to happen. If they never compensated our African ancestors for their enslavement and free labor, they certainly won’t compensate their descendants. Quite frankly, I don’t expect anything from this government in the form of reparations, because nothing will make up for the abuses/horrors the enslaved endured in this country. Anyway just my opinion on it.
[Edited 4/5/19 6:04am]
Happy New Year!
Reply #85 posted 04/04/19 7:14pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

Dude, and you really want people to take this seriously?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
Reply #86 posted 04/04/19 7:14pm

2elijah

benni said:

CherryMoon57 said:

poppys said:

Benni that was very, well stated. Thanks for that. smile
Happy New Year!
Reply #87 posted 04/04/19 7:26pm

Graycap23

OldFriends4Sale said:

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Ok, so then what?

i can care less what people that dont have my peoples best interest think. I said it, and i meant it
Reply #88 posted 04/04/19 7:51pm

2elijah

Graycap23 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Graycap23 said:

Ok, so then what?

You know, your question reminds me of an Egyptian, Muslim man who owned a grocery store, years ago, in one of my old neighborhoods in NYC. He asked me how come Black Americans put up with the racial disrespect towards them from many in this country, and I told him that we don’t, we’ve been standing up against it for years, and will continue. Our ancestors didn’t ask to come here, and that many who were enslaved, had no rights to fight for their freedom, so those who were free years later, led the fight against racism for them, and that it’s going to take some time, but worth it for those who had no freedom to fight for their human rights. So your question is not unusual to say the least. However, I don’t think too many here will understand why the question is being asked. Good luck with that though.

https://www.google.com/ur...8573835865
[Edited 4/5/19 8:07am]
Happy New Year!
Reply #89 posted 04/04/19 8:14pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

Graycap23 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

i can care less what people that dont have my peoples best interest think. I said it, and i meant it

So why did you post it here then?

Basically if people don't support you they are against 'black people'?

Even black people...

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
Page 3 of 14 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd