independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 24th Jan 2020 10:21pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 14 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 04/04/19 2:36am

hausofmoi7

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Graycap23 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

That is a waste of time. And you know there isn't 1 community of Black Americans. There are people who think they way you do as far as your reasonings. But there are many who don't.

There are many 'white' Americans who have left the USA, or other countries for almost similar reason or varying reasons. Why not just go to another country. Research, and make that move.

Africa has some good cities and countries, Ghana, the Ivory Coast, some parts in Nigeria and others.

Just move and change your life.

I'm not talking about me specifically, I'm looking at the plight of the average Black family in the U.S.

It is beyond anything that is acceptable in 2019.

is it worse than it was in 1969?

Low bar.
If someone use to beat thier partner up everyday of the week but then only beat them on sunday nights and Wednesday nights they would use the exact same argument you just did.
“Well isn’t this better?”

No. Just stop would be better.

[Edited 4/4/19 4:16am]
“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 04/04/19 2:41am

hausofmoi7

I’m an egalitarian and what I would add to this debate is that black and indegenious people, and for all oppressed people for that matter were never integrated into this society to begin with.
Integration didn’t fail, it never happened.

Integration within this current system is perhaps not possible.
It’s a system of division and subjugation.
In a new society perhaps there could be some form of unity.

But most importantly.

What does integration mean in this current context anyway?
Do we also pick up a bat and start beating people with you?

‘Integration’ is the wrong word.
Integration means joining in.
A ‘reimagined’ world is perhaps a better way of framing this.
Because many of us dont want to be like our oppressors.
Another way is possible.

[Edited 4/4/19 4:58am]
“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
Reply #32 posted 04/04/19 5:38am

OldFriends4Sal
e

Graycap23 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

so you are saying it is worse? a bit ago you said it was the same?

Considering that the WORLD has progressed in 50 years..........and Black people have not, WTF do u think has occurred?

Black people have progressed. What are you talking about?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
Reply #33 posted 04/04/19 5:40am

OldFriends4Sal
e

Graycap23 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Of course

So what has changed? Nothing.

Are you seriously saying, cops don't get indited, fired etc in 2019? Yes

the case of the South Carolina man that was shot in the back, did he walk? No

In
Reply #34 posted 04/04/19 5:41am

OldFriends4Sal
e

Graycap23 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

That is a waste of time. And you know there isn't 1 community of Black Americans. There are people who think they way you do as far as your reasonings. But there are many who don't.

There are many 'white' Americans who have left the USA, or other countries for almost similar reason or varying reasons. Why not just go to another country. Research, and make that move.

Africa has some good cities and countries, Ghana, the Ivory Coast, some parts in Nigeria and others.

I'm not talking about me specifically, I'm looking at the plight of the average Black family in the U.S.

But these are your 'issues' you cannot speak for the average Black person/family

In
Reply #35 posted 04/04/19 5:57am

hausofmoi7

OldFriends4Sale said:

Graycap23 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

But these are your 'issues' you cannot speak for the average Black person/family

You don’t speak for most black people.
Graycaps sentiments is at least an honest expression that I can respect and understand. I think many people would relate.
I may not fully agree with the conclusion but Graycaps honest expression of wanting to withdraw themselves from society is completely understable given the situation.

Instead of telling Graycap and black people to “go back to Africa”
You could understand what he is saying which is actually extremely poignant.

[Edited 4/4/19 6:04am]
Reply #36 posted 04/04/19 6:07am

OldFriends4Sal
e

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

You don’t speak for most black people. Graycaps sentiments is at least an honest expression that I can respect and understand. I think many people would relate. I may not fully agree with the conclusion but Graycaps honest expression of wanting to withdraw themselves from society is completely understable given the situation. Instead of telling Graycap and black people to “go back to Africa” You could understand what he is saying which is actually extremely poignant. . [Edited 4/4/19 6:04am]

I never said or insinuated that I spoke for most black people

My Post #2 That is a waste of time. And you know there isn't 1 community of Black Americans. There are people who think the way you do as far as your reasonings. But there are many who don't.

And I never said 'Go Back To Africa' take your own advise and understand what I said.

In
Reply #37 posted 04/04/19 6:30am

hausofmoi7

OldFriends4Sale said:

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

You don’t speak for most black people. Graycaps sentiments is at least an honest expression that I can respect and understand. I think many people would relate. I may not fully agree with the conclusion but Graycaps honest expression of wanting to withdraw themselves from society is completely understable given the situation. Instead of telling Graycap and black people to “go back to Africa” You could understand what he is saying which is actually extremely poignant. . [Edited 4/4/19 6:04am]

My Post #2 That is a waste of time. And you know there isn't 1 community of Black Americans. There are people who think the way you do as far as your reasonings. But there are many who don't.

And I never said 'Go Back To Africa' take your own advise and understand what I said.

Many black people feel like graycap, more so than you.
You told Graycap perhaps he should leave if he doesn’t like it.
Let’s not forget that most black people don’t have the luxury of relocating when they are being beaten down.
Also, black people built your entire country.
They would love it if thier former slaves moved away now that you got all that you wanted from them.

Black peoples even built the White House where thier oppresion is institutionalised. How’s that for irony!

If Graycap wanted to leave I would understand but if they decided to stay, and they have more than every right to stay.
we should all reimagine a new world where what is hurting him or those close to him is at the center of the new world.
Because he brings up some extremely valid points.

[Edited 4/4/19 6:42am]
Reply #38 posted 04/04/19 6:38am

CherryMoon57

Beware of these three words: 'fight for change'. It's a secret code to get your attention.

People don't change. People are people. There are different degrees of good and bad in all of us. I am a minority here and while it is true that some people's attitudes really me feel that way sometimes, I know that it is just stupidity. Experience has taught me that there are stupid people everywhere and at all levels of society. I once got insulted by a 'black' person in the NY underground, for absolutely no reason, a complete stranger whom I had never met before. Not nice, but so what? The size of the city probably doesn't help, there are so many people and I found that NY had a very competitive and hostile atmosphere in general. People are attacked and challenged everywhere all the time though, even in rural settings. Maybe those hurdles are meant to be there and help people grow, who knows...

Enough with this divisive race/gender/political/ media led paranoia.

Open your heart open your mind
A train is leaving all day
Reply #39 posted 04/04/19 6:42am

hausofmoi7

N/m
[Edited 4/4/19 6:43am]
Reply #40 posted 04/04/19 6:42am

OldFriends4Sal
e

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Many black people feel like graycap, more so than you. You told Graycap perhaps he should leave if he doesn’t like it. Let’s not forget that most black people don’t have the luxury of relocating when they are being beaten down. Also, black people built your entire country. They would love it if thier former slaves moved away now that you got all that you wanted from them. Black peoples even built the White House, for free! If Graycap wanted to leave I would understand but if he decided to stay we should all reimagine a new world where what is hurting him or those close to him is at the center of the new world. Because he brings up some extremely valid points.

oK and I said there are people who feel the way he does and people who don't. I'm not arguing the percentages. And you cannot say factually that more feel like him.

I mean you're arguing with me about stuff I haven't disagree or agreed with.

You're not telling me anything I don't know about people of Color and America(USA) and this discussion about leaving I've been a part of since the 1980s.

He clearly feels like leaving and Black people should too, because he did not make the distinction that Black Americans have varying opinions. You argued that I couldn't speak for ALL black people which I corrected you that I never did with a post #2 but you did not argue Graycap when he lumped all US Blacks in one mindset.

It's still a waste of time, and people can easily move from this country to another. Where there is a will there is a way. Instead of being unhappy.

In
Reply #41 posted 04/04/19 6:48am

hausofmoi7

OldFriends4Sale said:

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Many black people feel like graycap, more so than you. You told Graycap perhaps he should leave if he doesn’t like it. Let’s not forget that most black people don’t have the luxury of relocating when they are being beaten down. Also, black people built your entire country. They would love it if thier former slaves moved away now that you got all that you wanted from them. Black peoples even built the White House, for free! If Graycap wanted to leave I would understand but if he decided to stay we should all reimagine a new world where what is hurting him or those close to him is at the center of the new world. Because he brings up some extremely valid points.

oK and I said there are people who feel the way he does and people who don't. I'm not arguing the percentages. And you cannot say factually that more feel like him.

He clearly feels like leaving and Black people should too, because he did not make the distinction that Black Americans have varying opinions. You argued that I couldn't speak for ALL black people which I corrected you that I never did with a post #2 but you did not argue Graycap when he lumped all US Blacks in one mindset.

It's still a waste of time, and people can easily move from this country to another. Where there is a will there is a way. Instead of being unhappy.

Telling black people to just relocate is bougie as fuck.
Perhaps with reparations they could relocate?

*crickets*

[Edited 4/4/19 6:49am]
Reply #42 posted 04/04/19 6:52am

2elijah

CherryMoon57 said:

Beware of these three words: 'fight for change'. It's a secret code to get your attention.

People don't change. People are people. There are different degrees of good and bad in all of us. I am a minority here and while it is true that some people's attitudes really me feel that way sometimes, I know that it is just stupidity. Experience has taught me that there are stupid people everywhere and at all levels of society. I once got insulted by a 'black' person in the NY underground, for absolutely no reason, a complete stranger whom I had never met before. Not nice, but so what? The size of the city probably doesn't help, there are so many people and I found that NY had a very competitive and hostile atmosphere in general. People are attacked and challenged everywhere all the time though, even in rural settings. Maybe those hurdles are meant to be there and help people grow, who knows...

Why should those words be a threat? That’s what people had to do in this country and others to make change happen. Don’t single out New York (Upstate) or New York City, which seems the latter is what you’re referring to, based on your experience as though yours is the same for everyone. If you know anything about New York’s history of racism, you would think more than twice. These situations are not isolated to New York unless you live in a bubble. Your experience is not the same for everyone. And the ‘enough about the racial/political... media paranoia?’ Really? That’s not paranoia.. it’s real issues. How do you think that will stop if people are ‘silent’ about those issues? Lmao. Anyway, back on topic.
[Edited 4/4/19 7:02am]
Happy New Year!
Reply #43 posted 04/04/19 6:54am

OldFriends4Sal
e

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Telling black people to just relocate is bougie as fuck. Perhaps with reparations they could relocate? *crickets* . [Edited 4/4/19 6:49am]

whatever dude

In
Reply #44 posted 04/04/19 7:10am

2elijah

I think we should remember that Gray said “.. in his opinion”. He did not say everyone should feel like him about it. He also said most of us will not agree. This is why he asked for everyone’s thoughts on the topic.
Happy New Year!
Reply #45 posted 04/04/19 7:10am

hausofmoi7

OldFriends4Sale said:

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Telling black people to just relocate is bougie as fuck. Perhaps with reparations they could relocate? *crickets* . [Edited 4/4/19 6:49am]

whatever dude

[snip - luv4u]
Reply #46 posted 04/04/19 7:15am

OldFriends4Sal
e

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

whatever dude

[Snip - luv4u]

Every man who is any kind of artist has a great deal of female in him. I act and give of myself as a man, but I register and receive with the soul of a woman. The only really good artists are feminine. I can't admit the existence of an artist whose dominant personality is masculine.
Orson Welles

...so I hope you did not hope to offend me with 'girl'

My cousin Cynthia always says to those close to her(male) 'Girl please...' and then corrects herself, no one gets precious and tender about it. She is a part of me.

In
Reply #47 posted 04/04/19 7:15am

benni

Graycap23 said:

It is time 4 U.S. Blacks to separate from this racist society in my opinion.

We are slowly being marginalized 2 the point of extinction.

I'm not sure how 2 go about this, but integration has destroyed the Black community in several ways.

I'm most of u will not agree, but simply take a real look at the social, economic, political, structure in this country.

How are u supposed 2 succeed when your own government has been working toward your destruction for 400 plus years?

We have got 2 have a safe place we can go without the oppressor being there.

Seems that every ethnic group has this but the U.S. Black race.

Time 4 some major changes.

Go listen 2 the speeches of Malcolm X fro the late 50/early 60's. 99% of his comments sound like they were made this week. That was over 55 plus years ago. Almost nothing has changed. At what point do Blacks stop excepting this b.S.?

Any thoughts on this?

Graycap, I want to start with saying that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that any person has to be marginalized in the way that black people have been, especially at the hands of my race.

You mention having to get to a safe place, but I wonder if such a place exists?

And it's not just black people that are feeling this way, I think, or that have been marginalized in this country. I think Muslims feel they have been, and even more hardcore lately, hispanics are feeling this way. There are many hispanics who are afraid to go out now, because they're afraid they'll be arrested, detained, and deported to a country they have no connection with. Or they are afraid that their children will be taken from them.

And we see this marginalization occuring all over the world, throughout history, even.

It's not right for an entire group of people to be treated in any way, other than with the respect they are due and owed.

I took some time to think about your comment, before responding, and I keep thinking about how hard those in the Civil Rights Movement fought to be included. They fought for desegregation, and they died for it. Many of them believed they'd never live to see a black president in their lifetime. One of my clients, who is well into her 90s now, still cries when she speaks of Obama. She said in that moment, when he was elected and taking the oath of the Presidency of the United States, that she had finally felt like she belonged, that she was represented, that what they had fought for had finally come to fruition. She said that there are still battles to be won, but that she has faith in the younger generations to keep fighting and to keep striving. She said she thinks Trump's election was the dying throes of an ideology that is trying hard to remain pertinent, but that the time for people like Trump and his supporters are coming to an end. "It's always darkest before the dawn," she says. "This is their last hurrah, their last attempt to remain important, and in power. After this, it's either change or they'll find themselves thrown out with the bathwater."

Nothing good ever comes easy. This is a fight that will continue for another 50 years I think. And I'm sure there are many from the previous generations that felt like you do, but they kept fighting because they believed that their people, their descendents were worth that fight. I think you, 2elijah, my 90+ year old client, and every other black American are worth the fight. It's just, "...always darkest before the dawn", but we can get there, your people can get there, but only if you don't give up the fight that it takes to get there. There are some of us, within my race, that will be right there, fighting with you, if you'll let us.

[Edited 4/4/19 7:18am]

Reply #48 posted 04/04/19 7:17am

poppys

CherryMoon57 said:

Wait a minute - you have an entire thread going about how some people calling themselves "they" (instead of she and he), "is about erasing our freedom, identity and futures as human beings...the end" (of the world).

Now you're over here lecturing about divisive race/gender/political/ media led paranoia? lol

Reply #49 posted 04/04/19 7:31am

hausofmoi7

OldFriends4Sale said:

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

whatever dude

[snip - luv4u]

Every man who is any kind of artist has a great deal of female in him. I act and give of myself as a man, but I register and receive with the soul of a woman. The only really good artists are feminine. I can't admit the existence of an artist whose dominant personality is masculine.
Orson Welles

...so I hope you did not hope to offend me with 'girl'

My cousin Cynthia always says to those close to her(male) 'Girl please...' and then corrects herself, no one gets precious and tender about it. She is a part of me.

I don’t know who you are.

[Edited 4/4/19 7:32am]
Reply #50 posted 04/04/19 7:32am

OldFriends4Sal
e

good

In
Reply #51 posted 04/04/19 7:33am

hausofmoi7

OldFriends4Sale said:

good

Just like you meant no offence when you called me a dude
Reply #52 posted 04/04/19 7:35am

OldFriends4Sal
e

hausofmoi7 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

good

Just like you meant no offence when you called me a dude

You are creating too much drama here, your 'girl' reply was clearly to get a response. Let's let the thread go back to what it was

In
Reply #53 posted 04/04/19 7:46am

luv4u

lurking

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #54 posted 04/04/19 7:47am

2freaky4church

Graycap, that is racist.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #55 posted 04/04/19 7:56am

onlyforaminute

What happened here?

Human beings have been migrating since they became. I think its great that AA are reaching that point of having a choice and not having that decision thrust on or dictated to them because they owe somebody something for all they've done for them. And assuming only the well off are able, take another look at history, people find a way. But let's not over romantsized that there is some magical promise land where all your problems will evaporate either. There's struggle everywhere.
[Edited 4/4/19 7:58am]
Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
Reply #56 posted 04/04/19 7:57am

hausofmoi7

2freaky4church1 said:

Graycap, that is racist.

Not it’s not racist.
It’s the self preservation that hate created.
Reply #57 posted 04/04/19 8:04am

CherryMoon57

2elijah said:

CherryMoon57 said:

Why should those words be a threat? That’s what people had to do in this country and others to make change happen. Don’t single out New York (Upstate) or New York City, which seems the latter is what you’re referring to, based on your experience as though yours is the same for everyone. If you know anything about New York’s history of racism, you would think more than twice. These situations are not isolated to New York unless you live in a bubble. Your experience is not the same for everyone. And the ‘enough about the racial/political... media paranoia?’ Really? That’s not paranoia.. it’s real issues. How do you think that will stop if people are ‘silent’ about those issues? Lmao. Anyway, back on topic. [Edited 4/4/19 7:02am]

I was not singling out a particular place, just sharing my experience as a counter argument in reply to the OP. This (in bold) is the exact point I was making (ie. same as yours). Please read my post again. And sorry to surprise you, but 'fight for change' is currently being used as a code to control the world, and not necessarily for the good of humanity. It is obviously proving quite successful so far.

Reply #58 posted 04/04/19 8:20am

RodeoSchro

Taking Graycap's assertions at face value, there are two options:

1. Move to another country; or
2. Make this country better.

MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
I don't know which one. European Orgers seem to indicate that race relations are better there than here, so that's a start. But moving to another country is a GIANT step. It means leaving your business, and at least some of your family. It means starting over from scratch. I'd think one would have to be dead serious about it in order to move to another country.

MAKE THIS COUNTRY BETTER
Maybe even harder than finding another country to live in, but at least you don't have to move. One would have to figure out where they'd best fit in making this country better. It might be on a local organization; statewide; or even a national organization. Personally, I hope this is the choice made because the more good people that stay here, the better.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #59 posted 04/04/19 8:22am

CherryMoon57

poppys said:

CherryMoon57 said:

Wait a minute - you have an entire thread going about how some people calling themselves "they" (instead of she and he), "is about erasing our freedom, identity and futures as human beings...the end" (of the world).

Now you're over here lecturing about divisive race/gender/political/ media led paranoia? lol

wave Yes, it's all part of the same media led scenario: all minority groups being led into thinking they are victims and that they have something to 'demand', all the while the real victims being ALL the gullible people who believe it (strongly encouraged by the Fight for change! imagery). It's all about spreading divisive messages and causing confusion/internal conflicts and weakening society. Which part don't you understand?

Page 2 of 14 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd