independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 10th Dec 2019 1:25pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 14 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/02/19 10:30pm

Graycap23

avatar

It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd

It is time 4 U.S. Blacks to separate from this racist society in my opinion.

We are slowly being marginalized 2 the point of extinction.

I'm not sure how 2 go about this, but integration has destroyed the Black community in several ways.

I'm most of u will not agree, but simply take a real look at the social, economic, political, structure in this country.

How are u supposed 2 succeed when your own government has been working toward your destruction for 400 plus years?

We have got 2 have a safe place we can go without the oppressor being there.

Seems that every ethnic group has this but the U.S. Black race.

Time 4 some major changes.

Go listen 2 the speeches of Malcolm X fro the late 50/early 60's. 99% of his comments sound like they were made this week. That was over 55 plus years ago. Almost nothing has changed. At what point do Blacks stop excepting this b.S.?

Any thoughts on this?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/03/19 3:42am

EmmaMcG

avatar

I'm not black, or American for that matter, but if you really feel that way, maybe you should just move to another country? Canada, the UK, France, even here to Ireland. The world is a big place. Racists are a minority. If you genuinely feel persecuted where you are and that nothing can be done, then the obvious answer is to move somewhere else.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/03/19 5:23am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

That is a waste of time. And you know there isn't 1 community of Black Americans. There are people who think they way you do as far as your reasonings. But there are many who don't.

There are many 'white' Americans who have left the USA, or other countries for almost similar reason or varying reasons. Why not just go to another country. Research, and make that move.

Africa has some good cities and countries, Ghana, the Ivory Coast, some parts in Nigeria and others.

Just move and change your life.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/03/19 5:36am

djThunderfunk

avatar

That's called segregation.



[Edited 4/3/19 5:37am]

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/03/19 5:56am

2elijah

avatar

Graycap23 said:

It is time 4 U.S. Blacks to separate from this racist society in my opinion.


We are slowly being marginalized 2 the point of extinction.


I'm not sure how 2 go about this, but integration has destroyed the Black community in several ways.


I'm most of u will not agree, but simply take a real look at the social, economic, political, structure in this country.


How are u supposed 2 succeed when your own government has been working toward your destruction for 400 plus years?


We have got 2 have a safe place we can go without the oppressor being there.


Seems that every ethnic group has this but the U.S. Black race.


Time 4 some major changes.



Go listen 2 the speeches of Malcolm X fro the late 50/early 60's. 99% of his comments sound like they were made this week. That was over 55 plus years ago. Almost nothing has changed. At what point do Blacks stop excepting this b.S.?



Any thoughts on this?




I get what you’re saying Graycap, and there is nothing wrong with asking the question given the current, political atmosphere of the country right now. No one should feel offended by your question, As it’s normal for citizens to be frustrated with certain societal ills that happen in their countries. I look at the people of Venezuela and what they are going through. One could say, why do they stay? Why not leave? If they all leave, who would stay and fight for change? Someone has to stay and fight the injustices. All around the world injustices exists, no matter where you move, but I do get what you’re saying. A lot going on in Central and South America, as well, with many leavng because of corrupt governments, and the people feeling helpless, so they leave.

Although, we all know that Africa isn’t the only place Blacks can move to nor should it always be the first suggestion for them, as the world is huge and we are not limited to where we choose to move or live, to countries who embrace democracy. There is no guarantee that wherever one moves that they will not face injustices.

One of my son’s friends just picked up and moved to Mexico. She quit her job, packed up and left and is very content. Another has been living in Asia for the past 5 years. Another moved to Panama. But again, I get what you’re saying, and understand your frustration. It’s normal for one with compassion to be concerned about the treatment of how their people are treated, in a country that they call home.

Just to add, even during the days of segregation, racists still attacked Black communities, so even segregation wasn’t enough to stop the racists’ ingrained, racial hatred. I say those who choose to stay and fight those injustices, should stay. It is our country. Our ancestors built it with their sweat and blood with no compensation/reparations. We have every right to be and live here. We can’t let f’king racists win no matter how long the fight. We owe it to our ancestors. Black Americans have every right to live here if they so choose. They are rightfully citizens of this country.
[Edited 4/3/19 6:17am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/03/19 7:39am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

A similar argument could be made the other wat around. But that would be hate Speech. Just saying...
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/03/19 9:40am

Empress

OnlyNDaUsa said:

A similar argument could be made the other wat around. But that would be hate Speech. Just saying...

SNIP -of4$ stay on the discussion not people

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/03/19 9:43am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Empress said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:


A similar argument could be made the other wat around. But that would be hate Speech. Just saying...

SNIP -of4$ stay on the discussion not people




-
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/03/19 10:28am

onlyforaminute

From what I've been reading many, many Black Americans are making moves. And some countries are getting it together for those moves.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/03/19 12:33pm

2elijah

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

From what I've been reading many, many Black Americans are making moves. And some countries are getting it together for those moves.


Just wondering if you have a link that shows that, and which countries are preparing for the immigration of Black Americans moving to their countries.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/03/19 2:32pm

onlyforaminute

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/03/19 2:48pm

2elijah

avatar

onlyforaminute said:


Thanks, appreciate that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/03/19 5:18pm

onlyforaminute

The conversation has been going on for a while.



I actually meant to post this link.
http://www.yearofreturn.com

I have plans to participate with some things on the calendar.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/03/19 5:21pm

Graycap23

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

That is a waste of time. And you know there isn't 1 community of Black Americans. There are people who think they way you do as far as your reasonings. But there are many who don't.

There are many 'white' Americans who have left the USA, or other countries for almost similar reason or varying reasons. Why not just go to another country. Research, and make that move.

Africa has some good cities and countries, Ghana, the Ivory Coast, some parts in Nigeria and others.

Just move and change your life.

I'm not talking about me specifically, I'm looking at the plight of the average Black family in the U.S.

It is beyond anything that is acceptable in 2019.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/03/19 5:43pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

That is a waste of time. And you know there isn't 1 community of Black Americans. There are people who think they way you do as far as your reasonings. But there are many who don't.

There are many 'white' Americans who have left the USA, or other countries for almost similar reason or varying reasons. Why not just go to another country. Research, and make that move.

Africa has some good cities and countries, Ghana, the Ivory Coast, some parts in Nigeria and others.

Just move and change your life.

I'm not talking about me specifically, I'm looking at the plight of the average Black family in the U.S.

It is beyond anything that is acceptable in 2019.

is it worse than it was in 1969?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/03/19 5:57pm

Graycap23

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Graycap23 said:

I'm not talking about me specifically, I'm looking at the plight of the average Black family in the U.S.

It is beyond anything that is acceptable in 2019.

is it worse than it was in 1969?

Could a cop Kill u on tape and front of witnesses and walk in 1969?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/03/19 5:58pm

Graycap23

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

That's called segregation.



[Edited 4/3/19 5:37am]

What has integration done 2 the Black Community besides destroying it?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/03/19 6:04pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

is it worse than it was in 1969?

Could a cop Kill u on tape and front of witnesses and walk in 1969?

Of course

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/03/19 6:07pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

djThunderfunk said:

That's called segregation.



[Edited 4/3/19 5:37am]

What has integration done 2 the Black Community besides destroying it?

yet you have yet to demonstrate how it has been destroyed. But If you want to live somewhere and have some people unallowed to live there based on their race... that is your issue.



like that hateful "what press only" sign on a political meeting... or schools that have actually had "Black only" events...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/03/19 6:22pm

Graycap23

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Graycap23 said:

Could a cop Kill u on tape and front of witnesses and walk in 1969?

Of course

So what has changed? Nothing.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/03/19 6:26pm

2elijah

avatar

Graycap23 said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




Graycap23 said:



I'm not talking about me specifically, I'm looking at the plight of the average Black family in the U.S.


It is beyond anything that is acceptable in 2019.





is it worse than it was in 1969?



Could a cop Kill u on tape and front of witnesses and walk in 1969?


Yes.
[Edited 4/3/19 18:27pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/03/19 6:29pm

Graycap23

avatar

2elijah said:

Graycap23 said:

Could a cop Kill u on tape and front of witnesses and walk in 1969?

Yes. [Edited 4/3/19 18:27pm]

I'll ask u also........what has changed?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/03/19 6:32pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Of course

So what has changed? Nothing.

so then it is not worse

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/03/19 6:47pm

Graycap23

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Graycap23 said:

So what has changed? Nothing.

so then it is not worse

eek

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/03/19 6:52pm

2elijah

avatar

Graycap23 said:



2elijah said:


Graycap23 said:


Could a cop Kill u on tape and front of witnesses and walk in 1969?



Yes. [Edited 4/3/19 18:27pm]

I'll ask u also.....what has changed?


You tell me also what has changed, in the meantime, here’s what hasn’t:

Racial profiling
Housing discrimination
Voter suppression in many states
Police brutality against Black men, and many rogue/racist police who discriminate against people of color
Hate groups increased, and KKK still exist

All facts, and just to name a few.
[Edited 4/3/19 18:56pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/03/19 7:07pm

Graycap23

avatar

2elijah said:

Graycap23 said:

I'll ask u also........what has changed?

You tell me also what has changed, in the meantime, here’s what hasn’t: Racial profiling Housing discrimination Voter suppression in many states Police brutality against Black men, and many rogue/racist police who discriminate against people of color Hate groups increased, and KKK still exist All facts, and just to name a few. [Edited 4/3/19 18:56pm]

That is my point. Black folks need 2 stop accepting this nonsense.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/03/19 7:17pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

2elijah said:

Graycap23 said:

I'll ask u also........what has changed?

You tell me also what has changed, in the meantime, here’s what hasn’t: Racial profiling Housing discrimination Voter suppression in many states Police brutality against Black men, and many rogue/racist police who discriminate against people of color Hate groups increased, and KKK still exist All facts, and just to name a few. [Edited 4/3/19 18:56pm]

and you believe any of those are worse than 50 years ago?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/03/19 7:18pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

2elijah said:

Graycap23 said: You tell me also what has changed, in the meantime, here’s what hasn’t: Racial profiling Housing discrimination Voter suppression in many states Police brutality against Black men, and many rogue/racist police who discriminate against people of color Hate groups increased, and KKK still exist All facts, and just to name a few. [Edited 4/3/19 18:56pm]

That is my point. Black folks need 2 stop accepting this nonsense.

so you are saying it is worse? a bit ago you said it was the same?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/03/19 7:27pm

Graycap23

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Graycap23 said:

That is my point. Black folks need 2 stop accepting this nonsense.

so you are saying it is worse? a bit ago you said it was the same?

Considering that the WORLD has progressed in 50 years..........and Black people have not, WTF do u think has occurred?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/03/19 8:32pm

2elijah

avatar

Graycap23 said:



2elijah said:


Graycap23 said:


I'll ask u also.....what has changed?



You tell me also what has changed, in the meantime, here’s what hasn’t: Racial profiling Housing discrimination Voter suppression in many states Police brutality against Black men, and many rogue/racist police who discriminate against people of color Hate groups increased, and KKK still exist All facts, and just to name a few. [Edited 4/3/19 18:56pm]

That is my point. Black folks need 2 stop accepting this nonsense.


I wouldn’t say they accept it, as though they want it to continue. It’s a long fight for changes to be made against injustices, so I’m not giving up hope that the younger generation of Blacks, will confront/expose and stand up against those injustices to force change. However, I am aware that racial discrimination still exists in America, because it is still not a country that is ‘fair and equal to all’.


Also, too many cops have gotten away from shooting/killing unarmed Blacks, and we’re talking years of this. Only a handful of police in these type shootings/killings faced jail time, which doesn’t mean that’s major progress, because there’s still a lot more work to be done in those type situations, and more extensive training/screening/psychological testing/background checks needed when hiring police. Especially in small towns where corruption in many police/sheriff depts are known to occur.

Again, I do get and respect what you mean, as just because a handful of Blacks may have achieved economic success, doesn’t mean all is well in America for them, and that they don’t face racial discrimination/racial disrespect. We’ve seen that happen to Ibsns while he was president. We have to be careful and not become comfortable and delusional over a few success stories, to think that means Blacks in America, live in a post-racial America, because we don’t. Still a lot of work to do.

You raised a good question as to why many stay here and put up with the racial bs, when they can pack up and move elsewhere, but at the same time, they have every right to be here. It is their home. One could also ask Native Americans the same question, seeing how so many of their ancestors lost their lives and land to early, European immigrants. Yet they stay, as they have every right to stay in a country that is ‘their’ home.
[Edited 4/4/19 6:50am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 14 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > It's time for U.S. Blacks to separate from the herd