independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 18th Jun 2019 2:56am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > UPDATE: Police say 4 in custody after deadly attacks on New Zealand mosques
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

2elijah

UPDATE: Police say 4 in custody after deadly attacks on New Zealand mosques

https://www.cbc.ca/news/w...-1.5057595

Four people are in custody in Christchurch, New Zealand, following shootings at two mosques which left a "significant" number of people dead, according to police.

[Edited by luv4u]

&&&&&

Scary times. No one caught yet, but reports state the shooter hit more than one mosque. Story still developing.

https://www-m.cnn.com/201...cnn.com%2F

Parts of New Zealand city of Christchurch in lockdown as police respond to reported mass shooting at mosque

By Helen Regan, CNN

Updated at 11:03 PM ET, Thu March 14, 2019

(CNN) — Police in the New Zealand city of Christchurch are responding to a "serious and evolving situation" involving an active shooter, with witnesses describing a gunman entering a mosque and opening fire.

Parts of Christchurch is on lockdown and armed police have been deployed after receiving reports of shots fired in the city center at 1:40 p.m. Friday local time.
The abortion ban issue...any relation to 2045 or pre-1848?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/14/19 8:35pm

PennyPurple

So sad. sad

Reply #2 posted 03/14/19 8:54pm

2elijah

PennyPurple said:

So sad. sad

Heard one suspect is in custody, and unfortunately two mosques were hit, 9 killed so far, that number may change. Investigators are not sure if there are any other suspects, but still searching/investigating. Prayers to the victims and their families. Unfortunately a terrorist attack.
[Edited 3/14/19 20:57pm]
Reply #3 posted 03/14/19 9:39pm

luv4u

sad Terrible so terrible.

Prayers, love and light pray rose

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-1.5057595

Christchurch shooting: 40 killed, 20 seriously hurt at 2 mosques, 4 people in custody — one is Australian

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #4 posted 03/14/19 11:42pm

nd33

Many killed. White supremicist perpetrators, confirmed by manifesto found online.
Automatic weapons involved. Handled with great care by Prime Minister Ardern. Wasn’t afraid to bring up gun law on the spot either.
Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
Reply #5 posted 03/15/19 12:44am

MoBettaBliss

sad

Reply #6 posted 03/15/19 3:27am

TweetyV6

nd33 said:

Many killed. White supremicist perpetrators, confirmed by manifesto found online. Automatic weapons involved. Handled with great care by Prime Minister Ardern. Wasn’t afraid to bring up gun law on the spot either.

Get your facts straight.

Not a shooting based on racist motives.

It's ALL about religion.

Motivated by a blind hate for anything muslim.

On his guns he makese makes references to the battle against the Mores [muslims] in Tours, 732 AD and the 1683 AD Battle against the mores [muslims] in Vienna. The music you hear playing in his background is an ode to Radovan Karadzic, Bosnaina leader in the Yugoslavian war in the early ninetees. (Bosnians vs Serbs / Croates)

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #7 posted 03/15/19 4:06am

IanRG

TweetyV6 said:

nd33 said:

Many killed. White supremicist perpetrators, confirmed by manifesto found online. Automatic weapons involved. Handled with great care by Prime Minister Ardern. Wasn’t afraid to bring up gun law on the spot either.

Get your facts straight.

It's ALL about religion.

On his guns he makese makes references to the battle against the Mores [muslims] in Tours, 732 AD and the 1683 AD Battle against the mores [muslims] in Vienna. The music you hear playing in his background is an ode to Radovan Karadzic, Bosnaina leader in the Yugoslavian war in the early ninetees. (Bosnians vs Serbs / Croates)

And yet his manifesto praises far rght people, although his manifest was a hodgepod of different sources. He used a far right "Dingoes" meme. His stated aim was that "European" civilisation is being attacked across the world by the Mulsims. Hatred of Muslims and racism is very common with the far right.

Reply #8 posted 03/15/19 5:06am

2elijah

luv4u said:

sad Terrible so terrible.

Prayers, love and light pray rose

Christchurch shooting: 40 killed, 20 seriously hurt at 2 mosques, 4 people in custody — one is Australian

Horrible. 49 dead, prayers for the victims and families.
Reply #9 posted 03/15/19 5:08am

2elijah

2elijah said:

Four people are in custody in Christchurch, New Zealand, following shootings at two mosques which left a "significant" number of people dead, according to police.

[Edited by luv4u]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Scary times. No one caught yet, but reports state the shooter hit more than one mosque. Story still developing.

https://www-m.cnn.com/201...cnn.com%2F

Parts of New Zealand city of Christchurch in lockdown as police respond to reported mass shooting at mosque

By Helen Regan, CNN

Updated at 11:03 PM ET, Thu March 14, 2019

(CNN) — Police in the New Zealand city of Christchurch are responding to a "serious and evolving situation" involving an active shooter, with witnesses describing a gunman entering a mosque and opening fire.

Parts of Christchurch is on lockdown and armed police have been deployed after receiving reports of shots fired in the city center at 1:40 p.m. Friday local time.

Wow, so it turned from one suspect in custody last night to four? My goodness this is horrible. The news came across the U.S. media around 11:30 pm on the East Coast.
[Edited 3/15/19 5:15am]
Reply #10 posted 03/15/19 5:08am

2elijah

nd33 said:

Many killed. White supremicist perpetrators, confirmed by manifesto found online.
Automatic weapons involved. Handled with great care by Prime Minister Ardern. Wasn’t afraid to bring up gun law on the spot either.

Scary times.
Reply #11 posted 03/15/19 5:09am

ThatWhiteDude

IanRG said:

TweetyV6 said:

Get your facts straight.

It's ALL about religion.

And yet his manifesto praises far rght people, although his manifest was a hodgepod of different sources. He used a far right "Dingoes" meme. His stated aim was that "European" civilisation is being attacked across the world by the Mulsims. Hatred of Muslims and racism is very common with the far right.

yeahthat

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."

"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
Reply #12 posted 03/15/19 5:10am

ThatWhiteDude

This is horrible, much love to the families and friends of the victims. sad

R.I.P to all who lost their lives sad

Reply #13 posted 03/15/19 5:14am

2elijah

IanRG said:

TweetyV6 said:

nd33 said:

Get your facts straight.

It's ALL about religion.

Exactly, that anti-Muslim hatred is happening right here in the U.S. especially since the 9/11 attack.
Reply #14 posted 03/15/19 5:15am

13cjk13

TweetyV6 said:

nd33 said:

Get your facts straight.

It's ALL about religion.

pay attention.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #15 posted 03/15/19 6:33am

TweetyV6

ThatWhiteDude said:

IanRG said:

yeahthat

Isn't that exactly what I said?

Religiously motivated, not racial.

Anyhow... I hope they feed that idiot to the sharks.

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #16 posted 03/15/19 6:35am

TweetyV6

2elijah said:

They were in the process of, or just finished praying. [Snip - luv4u]

Reply #17 posted 03/15/19 7:01am

ThatWhiteDude

TweetyV6 said:

2elijah said:

They were in the process of, or just finished praying. [Snip - luv4u]

giphy.gif

That comment is very insensitive. 49 got killed and you just say:[Snip - luv4u]

Reply #18 posted 03/15/19 7:14am

ThatWhiteDude

https://twitter.com/LucyRR20/status/1106553140541706240

Reply #19 posted 03/15/19 7:28am

EmmaMcG

Do they have the death penalty in New Zealand?
Reply #20 posted 03/15/19 7:30am

13cjk13

"Although not confirmed as the suspect's by authorities, a 74-page manifesto titled "The Great Replacement" was posted online beforehand and matched several known details about the suspect and the attack.

It contains a sprawling array of anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and white-supremacist references, repeating common far-right talking points. It also condemns attempts to restrict firearms in the U.S. and pledges to start an American race war."

Yeah, I see, it has absolutely nothing to do with white supremacy.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #21 posted 03/15/19 7:51am

OnlyNDaUsa

Glad they were caught.

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
Reply #22 posted 03/15/19 7:57am

poppys

13cjk13 said:

"Although not confirmed as the suspect's by authorities, a 74-page manifesto titled "The Great Replacement" was posted online beforehand and matched several known details about the suspect and the attack.

It contains a sprawling array of anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and white-supremacist references, repeating common far-right talking points. It also condemns attempts to restrict firearms in the U.S. and pledges to start an American race war."

Yeah, I see, it has absolutely nothing to do with white supremacy.

Devastating.

See the source image

Race War is the tragic new meme, it's everywhere. disbelief

Reply #23 posted 03/15/19 8:01am

SuperFurryAnim
al

[Stay on topic snip - luv4u]

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #24 posted 03/15/19 8:16am

nd33

EmmaMcG said:

Nope. Even in this most awful situation, I’m glad we’ve moved past that. Don’t believe in eye for an eye.
Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
Reply #25 posted 03/15/19 8:38am

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

[Stay on topic snip - luv4u]

Sad that anyone would write sucha thing.

Reply #26 posted 03/15/19 9:48am

Empress

What a horrible thing to see when I woke up this morning. It makes me very angry and very sad all at the same time. I also can't believe the horrible things some people are saying on social media and that includes a few from this site that make it very clear that they agree with white supremacy. I hope the great people of NZ hold tight to one another and don't let this this divide them. Hatred and intolerance only bring more hate and intolerance.

Reply #27 posted 03/15/19 10:38am

jaawwnn

TweetyV6 said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

yeahthat

Isn't that exactly what I said?

Religiously motivated, not racial.

Anyhow... I hope they feed that idiot to the sharks.

Dude, I don't know if you're insisting on this because you just personally hate religion that much or because you have some horrible racist views yourself that you don't want to get dragged into this situation but you are wrong, this is a racist attack. Targeting Islam is part of the racist rhetoric, sure, they're the most common target right now, and radical Islamicists elsewhere in the world are used as justification for these attacks, but when it comes down to it that's only the beginning. I suppose the closest you are to correct here is that it's not only racist, it's also anti-trans, anti-gay, anti-vax, anti-modernity etc.

The most confusing part of all this is how these people have a tendency to be extremely anti-semitic while also extremely pro-israel confuse

[Edited 3/15/19 10:40am]

Reply #28 posted 03/15/19 10:58am

EmmaMcG

nd33 said:

EmmaMcG said:

Nope. Even in this most awful situation, I’m glad we’ve moved past that. Don’t believe in eye for an eye.

If a dog attacked and killed 49 people, it would be put down. I don't see why humans are treated any differently.
Reply #29 posted 03/15/19 10:58am

PennyPurple

nd33 said:

EmmaMcG said:

sad No death penalty? Of course not, the only death penalty in this case is the innocent victims and their families. mad

Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > UPDATE: Police say 4 in custody after deadly attacks on New Zealand mosques