independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Mar 2019 8:55pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Feel the Bern people. He is running!!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

2freaky4church

Feel the Bern people. He is running!!

woot!

Vote for the world's hippest man since Prince--Bernie fucking Sanders.

woot!

The kids love him and you do too--unless you hate God and the flag. lol

Destroy fascism, elect the old guy. Get oligarchs off his lawn.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/19/19 9:57am

jaawwnn

It's Bernie or bust guys, give em hell.

Reply #2 posted 02/19/19 11:02am

happinessinits
uncutform

Was extremely annoyed by folks including celebrities who blindly supported Clinton back in ‘15~’16 over Sanders, especially those who campaigned for her just because it was “time for a female president” for this country.

Favorite candidate so far. His policies and philosophy have always remained consistent.

Can’t say I’m personally very ecstatic about his ‘let us redistribute wealth’ motto, but can’t deny he is the voice of reason this country needs right now.

🎵
Reply #3 posted 02/19/19 11:14am

happinessinits
uncutform

Also consistently a good man. A leader figure I could get on board with. I missed the days when a friend from another country said something about “…your President” and I wasn’t immediately embarrassed by it.

Hope he could generate as much excitement...Hope people could see the long-term benefit of his 'medicare for all' push. If he doesn't win the party primaries I'm DONE.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F05%2Fbernie-sanders-chicago-university-sit-in.jpg&w=950&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

(Bernie as a member of the Congress of Racial Equality committee in 1962)

[Edited 2/19/19 11:15am]

🎵
Reply #4 posted 02/19/19 12:29pm

NorthC

Hillary lost against Obama and then she wanted to try again. Bernie lost against Hillary and now he wants to try again. Isn't it time for somebody new?
Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed.
Bertrand Russell
Reply #5 posted 02/19/19 2:09pm

jaawwnn

NorthC said:

Hillary lost against Obama and then she wanted to try again. Bernie lost against Hillary and now he wants to try again. Isn't it time for somebody new?

Name a candidate who can beat Trump.
Reply #6 posted 02/19/19 3:26pm

2freaky4church

Nobody can beat him but Bern.

Bern did mess up by saying he wanted to keep fillibuster.

Reply #7 posted 02/19/19 4:25pm

djThunderfunk

Cool! But, I doubt he'll make it past the primaries. I don't see the Dems nominating a white man in 2020.

[Edited 2/19/19 16:27pm]

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
Reply #8 posted 02/19/19 7:06pm

guitarslinger4

If Bernie or Tulsi make it past the primaries, I'll be happy. Even if Bernie doesn't make it, so many of the ideas he started pushing have made it into the discussion now, it seems like a matter of time before they get adopted.
Reply #9 posted 02/19/19 8:26pm

PennyPurple

Bernie isn't going to be the Dems nominee.

Reply #10 posted 02/19/19 9:32pm

TweetyV6

He's pushing 80.

Chances are reasonable he won't survive the next 5 years.

___________________________________________________________________________________

All thinking men are Atheists - Hemingway

P.s. If you find spelling errors, you may keep them
Reply #11 posted 02/19/19 9:41pm

djThunderfunk

guitarslinger44 said:

If Bernie or Tulsi make it past the primaries, I'll be happy. Even if Bernie doesn't make it, so many of the ideas he started pushing have made it into the discussion now, it seems like a matter of time before they get adopted.

Tulsi!

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
Reply #12 posted 02/20/19 2:49am

jaawwnn

2freaky4church1 said:

Nobody can beat him but Bern.

Bern did mess up by saying he wanted to keep fillibuster.

Maybe, but equally maybe he doesn't want to be caught up in procedure debate nerd club and wants to concentrate on his more important message instead.

Reply #13 posted 02/20/19 3:24am

OnlyNDaUsa

LOL he would be a disaster... unemployment 20%... taxes doubled... healthcare... free... in 6 months... (get sick you better hope the 'chart' approves you)

What if half the things ever said
Turned out 2 be a lie
How will U know the Truth?
Reply #14 posted 02/20/19 4:14am

jaawwnn

*feeling the Bern token org billionaire ONLYintheusa laughs nervously while eyeing his bank balance, pretending he's not ruffled*

Reply #15 posted 02/20/19 5:06am

nd33

Love the Bern, but wish he’d team with Tulsi, they’d be killer, and complimentary, she’s strong on foreign policy, he’s strong on domestic policy.
Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
Reply #16 posted 02/20/19 6:47am

benni

Yeah, but no. I like some of what Bernie wants to accomplish, but he's still a career politician. And I don't like some of his votes.

In July 2017, he voted against sanctions on Iran, North Korea, and Russia.

Also, that same month, he did not vote the Medicare for All act.

In fact, he votes "Nay" more than he votes for something (which under Trump I can understand):

https://votesmart.org/can...G1oKehKjzY

Reply #17 posted 02/20/19 6:47am

happinessinits
uncutform

Bernie's been very tough on trade as well. He doesn't need Tulsi. In fact pairing up with Tulsi is a terrible idea considering Sanders' age. It will have the similar effect Palin/McCain had. We need someone solid enough that could be considered by the nation as a temp. President IF anything happens to Bernie. Tulsi is far from a seasoned candidate for VP.

🎵
Reply #18 posted 02/20/19 6:49am

benni

I plan to look at how candidates actually vote from now on, before I make any decision on who I will support and/or vote for.

Reply #19 posted 02/20/19 7:08am

jaawwnn

benni said:

Yeah, but no. I like some of what Bernie wants to accomplish, but he's still a career politician. And I don't like some of his votes.

In fact, he votes "Nay" more than he votes for something (which under Trump I can understand):

If you want to have single-payer then he's the one you want to vote for, you're missing a lot of context if you think he's against it because he didn't vote on that July 2017 amendment.

I accept that possibly i'm misreading what you're saying and you don't want his health plan.

Reply #20 posted 02/20/19 7:35am

2freaky4church

You know sanctions don't work? Iran deal was the only good thing Obama did.

No, he is a rock star. He will win big and with Tulsi.

Reply #21 posted 02/20/19 7:36am

BombSquad

OnlyNDaUsa said:

LOL he would be a disaster... unemployment 20%... taxes doubled... healthcare... free... in 6 months... (get sick you better hope the 'chart' approves you)

how cute, our daily dose of Fox induced P.A.R.A.N.O.I.A.

seek help LOL

Trump turns from 'whining' grief to pathetic midterm sissy moaning and squealing.
weakest pussy crybaby ever to hold office LMFAO
Reply #22 posted 02/20/19 8:54am

benni

jaawwnn said:

benni said:

If you want to have single-payer then he's the one you want to vote for, you're missing a lot of context if you think he's against it because he didn't vote on that July 2017 amendment.

I accept that possibly i'm misreading what you're saying and you don't want his health plan.

That was only two examples that I pulled from the list of his votes. I didn't like that he didn't vote at all, but understand that there may have been extenuating circumstances when that came up for a vote. As I said, there are some things that he wants to accomplish, that I do like. But there are other things I don't. He's an 80 year old man, and in my mind, that already takes him out of the running for me, simply because I think we need someone younger, newer, and not such a career politician to take Trump down. He couldn't win against Hillary (which, I admit, they didn't give him a fair shake), but he won't win against Trump.

The other thing that I don't like Bernie, is that he has stated he is not a Democrat, and yet he insists on running for the presidency as a Democrat. To me, that is dishonest.

Reply #23 posted 02/20/19 11:56am

DiminutiveRock
er

benni said:

jaawwnn said:

That was only two examples that I pulled from the list of his votes. I didn't like that he didn't vote at all, but understand that there may have been extenuating circumstances when that came up for a vote. As I said, there are some things that he wants to accomplish, that I do like. But there are other things I don't. He's an 80 year old man, and in my mind, that already takes him out of the running for me, simply because I think we need someone younger, newer, and not such a career politician to take Trump down. He couldn't win against Hillary (which, I admit, they didn't give him a fair shake), but he won't win against Trump.

The other thing that I don't like Bernie, is that he has stated he is not a Democrat, and yet he insists on running for the presidency as a Democrat. To me, that is dishonest.

He caucuses with the Dems, even though is much more progressive. On another thread it says 42% of the people identify as Independents... if campaigned as an independent and all Indies supported him he could beat Trump who is sure to have a mostly Republican constituency indentifying @ 24% and while Dems are @ 32%. shrug

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #24 posted 02/20/19 12:27pm

13cjk13

BombSquad said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

seek help LOL

LOL. It's bananas considering the shitshow this country is in at the moment with this pig in the white house.

[Edited 2/20/19 12:29pm]

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply #25 posted 02/20/19 3:28pm

namepeace

In his second run for the Democratic nod, he still hasn't addressed a real problem - he's not a Democrat.

In 2016, he ran for the Democratic nomination without changing his political affiliation. So, he wanted the Democraric mantle but he didn't want to become a Democrat.

The rank-and-file primary voters generally want someone who's actually affiliated with the party. His complaints about the nominaiton being rigged against him are not persuasive because it was perfectly reasonable for voters to be skeptical of a guy that didn't actually want to be one of them but wanted all the benefits associated with it.

He's trying to do the same thing in 2020, and now he is facing a host of *actual* Democrats with policies that are almost as progressive as his. He's got name recognition and a fundraising jump, but why would Democrats hand their nomination to an independent when they could give the nomination to one of their own with a similar platform?

Maybe he's able to leverage his base of independent voters but unless he convinces them to register as Democrats it won't resonate with Democratic primary voters.

Maybe he gets the nod, but he's gonna get hammered for not actually being a Democrat.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
Reply #26 posted 02/20/19 4:42pm

poppys

namepeace said:

In his second run for the Democratic nod, he still hasn't addressed a real problem - he's not a Democrat.

In 2016, he ran for the Democratic nomination without changing his political affiliation. So, he wanted the Democraric mantle but he didn't want to become a Democrat.

The rank-and-file primary voters generally want someone who's actually affiliated with the party. His complaints about the nominaiton being rigged against him are not persuasive because it was perfectly reasonable for voters to be skeptical of a guy that didn't actually want to be one of them but wanted all the benefits associated with it.

He's trying to do the same thing in 2020, and now he is facing a host of *actual* Democrats with policies that are almost as progressive as his. He's got name recognition and a fundraising jump, but why would Democrats hand their nomination to an independent when they could give the nomination to one of their own with a similar platform?

Maybe he's able to leverage his base of independent voters but unless he convinces them to register as Democrats it won't resonate with Democratic primary voters.

Maybe he gets the nod, but he's gonna get hammered for not actually being a Democrat.

Agree.

Reply #27 posted 02/20/19 5:45pm

nd33

namepeace said:

Ok, what does it mean to be a Democrat, morally and philosophically?
Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
Reply #28 posted 02/20/19 8:45pm

2elijah

13cjk13 said:

BombSquad said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

seek help LOL

LOL. It's bananas considering the shitshow this country is in at the moment with this pig in the white house.

[Edited 2/20/19 12:29pm]

Yes, trump the conman, criminal, racist, and sexist. Amazing the privileges and passes he gets. I can’t wait until he is voted out of office. I wasn’t a Bernie supporter when he first ran, but yeah, he can definitely beat trump.
[Edited 2/20/19 21:09pm]
FEARLESS
Reply #29 posted 02/20/19 11:53pm

jaawwnn

LOL not being a lifelong democrat should be seen as a point in his favour.
[Edited 2/21/19 1:43am]
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Feel the Bern people. He is running!!