independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Apr 2019 9:08pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > TRUMP declares NATIONAL EMERGENCY to Build WALL
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 02/26/19 12:06pm

poppys

The House is voting today, not sure when.

House set to reject Trump's border wall emergency declaration

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives was poised on Tuesday to vote to terminate President Donald Trump’s proclaimed national emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border, in what would be another stinging rejection of his proposed border wall.

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 02/26/19 5:48pm

2elijah

poppys said:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives was poised on Tuesday to vote to terminate President Donald Trump’s proclaimed national emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border, in what would be another stinging rejection of his proposed border wall.

The house voted, now it goes to the repubs.
FEARLESS
Reply #152 posted 02/26/19 6:03pm

free2bFreeda2

☂🌧🌨🌨
ya'll get ready for the trump toddler tantrum

House passes bill rejecting Trump's border wall emergency

February 26, 2019, 4:00 PM PST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a stinging rebuke to President Donald Trump, the House of Representatives on Tuesday brushed aside veto threats and passed legislation to terminate the emergency he declared at the U.S.-Mexico border in order to build a wall there.
By a vote of 245-182, the House passed the resolution, setting up a vote in the Republican-controlled Senate where the resolution's chances were slimmer, but seemed to be improving(read more).: https://www.yahoo.com/new...49384.html
Reply #153 posted 02/27/19 4:52pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

poppys said:

The house voted, now it goes to the repubs.

I work for an international company - our colleeagues in other countries tease us about the "emergency" at the southern border. The whole world thinks it is ridiculous and laughable.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #154 posted 02/28/19 5:02pm

DiminutiveRock
er

What's happening with the wacky emergency?

popcorn

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #155 posted 02/28/19 7:08pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

What's happening with the wacky emergency?

popcorn

Waiting on Senste to vote

https://www.google.com/ur...752934876/

Senate will soon consider resolution to terminate Trump's emergency declaration
By Mariam Khan
Feb 28, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

“President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration to build the border wall is on the cusp of being terminated by Congress as a number of Republicans on Capitol Hill are growing increasingly uneasy with the move.

At least a dozen Republicans have signaled they are unhappy with the president's decision to go the route of a national emergency.

Many Republicans have expressed their concerns about the president’s ability, under the declaration, to move funds that have already been appropriated by Congress. They've also said they are concerned about the precedent it could send should a Democrat become president.

And now the Senate will soon consider a resolution of disapproval to terminate the declaration.”
[Edited 2/28/19 19:09pm]
FEARLESS
Reply #156 posted 03/03/19 2:19pm

poppys

thehill.com

GOP Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.) on Sunday denounced President Trump's emergency declaration to fund a border wall, saying that Trump violated the Constitution by moving forward with the executive action...

...But (Trump's) emergency declaration has faced opposition from many House and Senate lawmakers. Thirteen Republicans, including Amash, bucked leadership last week and voted with House Democrats for a resolution blocking the executive order.

Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) on Saturday became the fourth GOP senator to say he'd support the resolution, clinching a bipartisan majority in the upper chamber.

GOP Sens. Susan Collins (Maine), Thom Tillis (N.C.) and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) have already said they would vote for the resolution.

Trump has said he would veto the resolution of disapproval if it reached his desk.

Amash is a Repub from Michigan, so there is some push-back from one of Rodeo's favorite states, lol - finally.

Reply #157 posted 03/04/19 4:00pm

DiminutiveRock
er

Calling Doctor Bombay! Calling Doctor Bombay!

Emergency Emergency - come right away!

Reply #158 posted 03/06/19 11:16am

luvsexy4all

building a wall will only make more money for the people being paid to let illegals in

Reply #159 posted 03/06/19 12:03pm

poppys

hah!

DiminutiveRocker said:

d85e7652176e5a243d8d3494760da352--white-ties-movie-characters.jpg

clarabump.gif

[Edited 3/6/19 13:16pm]

Reply #160 posted 03/06/19 12:33pm

DiminutiveRock
er

luvsexy4all said:

building a wall will only make more money for the people being paid to let illegals in

How do you figure?

Reply #161 posted 03/06/19 12:36pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

luvsexy4all said:

How do you figure?

out that sentence?

Reply #162 posted 03/06/19 12:37pm

luvsexy4all

DiminutiveRocker said:

luvsexy4all said:

How do you figure?

more difficult to get in ..pay more to get them in

Reply #163 posted 03/06/19 12:39pm

DiminutiveRock
er

luvsexy4all said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

How do you figure?

more difficult to get in ..pay more to get them in

Not so sure I agree,. shrug

Reply #164 posted 03/10/19 3:33pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

hah!

DiminutiveRocker said:

d85e7652176e5a243d8d3494760da352--white-ties-movie-characters.jpg

clarabump.gif

[Edited 3/6/19 13:16pm]

OMG, Aunt Hagatha! She was great but Bombay was my fave.

Anyhow... when is the Senate vote on this emerngecy wall nonsense? I hear said more and more Repbublicans are going to vote with the Dems - then trump will veto - then it goes to he courts. Do I have that right?

Reply #165 posted 03/10/19 3:53pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

hah!

clarabump.gif

OMG, Aunt Hagatha! She was great but Bombay was my fave.

Anyhow... when is the Senate vote on this emerngecy wall nonsense? I hear said more and more Repbublicans are going to vote with the Dems - then trump will veto - then it goes to he courts. Do I have that right?

lol Aunt Clara. She was losing her powers, bless her heart. There were some great characters on that show.

Even if the Senate does manage to pass it, orange is going to veto and then the house will uphold his veto. confuse wtf?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mcconnell-confirms-senate-has-votes-to-disapprove-of-trump-e2-80-99s-emergency-declaration/ar-BBUnjIU

...“I was one of those hoping the president would not take the national emergency route,” (Mitch) McConnell said Monday at the federal courthouse in Louisville. “Once he decided to do that, I said I would support it, but I was hoping he wouldn’t take that particular path.”

“I think what is clear in the Senate is there will be enough votes to pass the resolution of disapproval which will then be vetoed by the president, and then in all likelihood, the veto will be upheld in the House.”

Asked specifically if the resolution could be amended by the Senate, McConnell suggested it remained an unsettled question procedural, since the disapproval provisions of the National Emergencies Act have not been invoked before in this fashion...

Reply #166 posted 03/10/19 3:58pm

poppys

Oh and today, The Mfer decided to up the ante. Now he wants 8.6 billion for his wall.

Possible risk of another shutdown.

Reply #167 posted 03/10/19 5:01pm

2elijah

poppys said:

Oh and today, The Mfer decided to up the ante. Now he wants 8.6 billion for his wall.

He is so mentally twisted. This is the jackass his supporters voted for.
FEARLESS
Reply #168 posted 03/10/19 11:33pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

poppys said:

UGH! disbelief

Reply #169 posted 03/11/19 12:44pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

poppys said:

UGH! disbelief

And of course that hand puppet Sarah blames Congress for not giving trump what he wants. falloff How does she sleep at night lying for trump? All the time? Smh.
FEARLESS
Reply #170 posted 03/11/19 12:58pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

UGH! disbelief

And of course that hand puppet Sarah blames Congress for not giving trump what he wants. falloff How does she sleep at night lying for trump? All the time? Smh.

She is either really cunning, and as far from a Christian as she claims to be - or - she (like many of his admin) does not know how government truly works under the Constitution.

Reply #171 posted 03/11/19 2:08pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

UGH! disbelief

She is either really cunning, and as far from a Christian as she claims to be - or - she (like many of his admin) does not know how government truly works under the Constitution.

She displays a disrespectful presence to journalists as though they’re not suppose to question anything about him. If she’s a Christian she’s a horrible example of one. Trump is really taking this country down a bad road. I bet once he’s out of office he’ll still think he’s president. He will definitely maintain trying to keep the country divided intentionally, based on his personal biases.
FEARLESS
Reply #172 posted 03/11/19 2:22pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

She displays a disrespectful presence to journalists as though they’re not suppose to question anything about him. If she’s a Christian she’s a horrible example of one. Trump is really taking this country down a bad road. I bet once he’s out of office he’ll still think he’s president. He will definitely maintain trying to keep the country divided intentionally, based on his personal biases.

Well she and her father CALIM to be devout Christians hmph!

Yes - some even think (e.g. Michael Cohen) that he wil not allow for a peaceful transition of power when he is voted out. Same foes for if he had lostthe electoin (voter fruad if I lose - no voter fraud if I win)

I curse every person who voted for this orange abomination for president.

Reply #173 posted 03/11/19 4:31pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Yes - some even think (e.g. Michael Cohen) that he wil not allow for a peaceful transition of power when he is voted out. Same foes for if he had lostthe electoin (voter fruad if I lose - no voter fraud if I win)

She’s a fraud. Trump used the presidential platform to promote his racist ideology. A son of a kkk supporter. I’m pretty sure if he’s impeached or voted out, major security will be set up, to stop any riots from angry and miserable trump supporters. At least they’ll have their MAGA hats as souvenirs. Lol.
FEARLESS
Reply #174 posted 03/11/19 5:44pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said: She displays a disrespectful presence to journalists as though they’re not suppose to question anything about him. If she’s a Christian she’s a horrible example of one. Trump is really taking this country down a bad road. I bet once he’s out of office he’ll still think he’s president. He will definitely maintain trying to keep the country divided intentionally, based on his personal biases.

Well she and her father CLAIM to be devout Christians hmph!

Kinda makes that Hillary is just as bad argument even stupider than it sounded in the first place, huh?

A lot of people still posting that the day after the election too. shake

Reply #175 posted 03/11/19 6:46pm

13cjk13

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

She’s a fraud. Trump used the presidential platform to promote his racist ideology. A son of a kkk supporter. I’m pretty sure if he’s impeached or voted out, major security will be set up, to stop any riots from angry and miserable trump supporters. At least they’ll have their MAGA hats as souvenirs. Lol.

And I hope they shove those souvenirs straight up their racist asses.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply #176 posted 03/11/19 7:48pm

2elijah

13cjk13 said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

And I hope they shove those souvenirs straight up their racist asses.

Lol.
FEARLESS
Reply #177 posted 03/14/19 8:40am

2elijah

He will obviously veto it:

https://www-m.cnn.com/201...cnn.com%2F

White House bracing for embarrassing rebuke of Trump's national emergency

By Kaitlan Collins and Kevin Liptak, CNN

Posted at 10:24 AM ET, Thu March 14, 2019

“The White House is bracing for an embarrassing rebuke when the Senate votes on a resolution Thursday to overturn President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration to build a wall along the US border with Mexico.

Despite the pressure campaign they waged for the last week, Trump's top aides now say as many as 14 Republican senators are poised to break with the President.
Trump has told his staff he's resigned to issuing his first veto after it became clear over the past day that enough Republicans will support the measure. Now, his focus is stemming the margin by which the bill will pass. Trump hopes the number of "yes" votes will stay below 60, a symbolic margin that he believes would save some embarrassment, though still require him to use his veto pen.”

(Click on link to continue reading)
FEARLESS
Reply #178 posted 03/14/19 8:50am

2freaky4church

Senate about to ko his arse.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #179 posted 03/14/19 12:02pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

He will obviously veto it: https://www-m.cnn.com/201...cnn.com%2F White House bracing for embarrassing rebuke of Trump's national emergency By Kaitlan Collins and Kevin Liptak, CNN Posted at 10:24 AM ET, Thu March 14, 2019 “The White House is bracing for an embarrassing rebuke when the Senate votes on a resolution Thursday to overturn President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration to build a wall along the US border with Mexico. Despite the pressure campaign they waged for the last week, Trump's top aides now say as many as 14 Republican senators are poised to break with the President. Trump has told his staff he's resigned to issuing his first veto after it became clear over the past day that enough Republicans will support the measure. Now, his focus is stemming the margin by which the bill will pass. Trump hopes the number of "yes" votes will stay below 60, a symbolic margin that he believes would save some embarrassment, though still require him to use his veto pen.” (Click on link to continue reading)

I wish we could veto him wink

Wonder if his idle threats will change the votes of any republicans who have promised a YES vote.

Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > TRUMP declares NATIONAL EMERGENCY to Build WALL