independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 15th Jul 2019 3:05pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > TRUMP declares NATIONAL EMERGENCY to Build WALL
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 02/18/19 9:01pm

benni

poppys said:

John Oliver: Donald Trump Hits Omelette Bar After Declaring National Emergency

I noticed that his good genes have rubbed off on the side of his face. He better fix that, quick. Can't believe those genes, not staying in place. So inconvenient to have to reapply those genes.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 02/18/19 9:21pm

free2bFreeda2

ALSO:
Protests Erupt Over Trump’s National Emergency 'Power Grab' MSNBC"

the people are tired of his ego bloated like
shenanigans
👀
Reply #122 posted 02/19/19 6:14am

poppys

16 States Sue to Stop Trump’s Use of Emergency Powers to Build Border Wall

merlin_150574896_ba538b43-1507-4af4-a09f-15f8b6f4fcfe-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp
The border wall in Tijuana, Mexico.CreditGregory Bull/Associated Press

New York Times 2/18/19

Xavier Becerra, the attorney general of California, said in an interview that the president himself had undercut his argument that there was an emergency on the border.

“Probably the best evidence is the president’s own words,” he said, referring to Mr. Trump’s speech on Feb. 15 announcing his plan: “I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster.”

The lawsuit, California et al. v. Trump et al., says that the plaintiff states are going to court to protect their residents, natural resources and economic interests. “Contrary to the will of Congress, the president has used the pretext of a manufactured ‘crisis’ of unlawful immigration to declare a national emergency and redirect federal dollars appropriated for drug interdiction, military construction and law enforcement initiatives toward building a wall on the United States-Mexico border,” the lawsuit says.

[Edited 2/19/19 6:19am]

Reply #123 posted 02/19/19 6:22am

2elijah

poppys said:

16 States Sue to Stop Trump’s Use of Emergency Powers to Build Border Wall

merlin_150574896_ba538b43-1507-4af4-a09f-15f8b6f4fcfe-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

The border wall in Tijuana, Mexico.CreditGregory Bull/Associated Press

New York Times 2/18/19

Xavier Becerra, the attorney general of California, said in an interview that the president himself had undercut his argument that there was an emergency on the border.

“Probably the best evidence is the president’s own words,” he said, referring to Mr. Trump’s speech on Feb. 15 announcing his plan: “I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster.”

The lawsuit, California et al. v. Trump et al., says that the plaintiff states are going to court to protect their residents, natural resources and economic interests. “Contrary to the will of Congress, the president has used the pretext of a manufactured ‘crisis’ of unlawful immigration to declare a national emergency and redirect federal dollars appropriated for drug interdiction, military construction and law enforcement initiatives toward building a wall on the United States-Mexico border,” the lawsuit says.

[Edited 2/19/19 6:19am]

He didn’t have to do it because it’s all bs. He’s giving a specific segment of his base(white?nationalists/Nazi supporters) false hope. He cannot prevent the ‘Browning of America,’ by building a wall. He seems to pretend that he didn’t know that the first and original inhabitants of this country were people of color. It’s original inhabitants were not White.
[Edited 2/19/19 6:24am]
falloff
Reply #124 posted 02/19/19 6:28am

poppys

^^Yes. And that wall is as ugly as the ideology behind it. Enviornmental disaster on a beautiful beach.

Reply #125 posted 02/19/19 6:34am

2elijah

poppys said:

^^Yes. And that wall is as ugly as the ideology behind it. Enviornmental disaster on a beautiful beach.

It’s ridiculous that he is given a pass for his lies, racist comments and behavior by many of his supporters.

If it was anyone else they’d be frothing at the mouth like beasts with horns. But I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree, knowing trump was raised by a father who heavily supported the ideology of the KKK.
[Edited 2/19/19 6:54am]
falloff
Reply #126 posted 02/19/19 7:00am

poppys

2elijah said:

poppys said:

It’s ridiculous that he is given a pass for his lies, racist comments and behavior by many of his supporters. If it was anyone else they’d be frothing at the mouth like beasts with horns. But I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree, knowing trump was raised by a father who heavily supported the ideology of the KKK. [Edited 2/19/19 6:54am]

Exactly. I (don't) love how people still pretend he's not that dangerous, given his history. Purposeful blinders.

Reply #127 posted 02/19/19 7:07am

2elijah

poppys said:

2elijah said:

poppys said:

It’s ridiculous that he is given a pass for his lies, racist comments and behavior by many of his supporters. If it was anyone else they’d be frothing at the mouth like beasts with horns. But I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree, knowing trump was raised by a father who heavily supported the ideology of the KKK. [Edited 2/19/19 6:54am]

Exactly. I (don't) love how people still pretend he's not that dangerous, given his history. Purposeful blinders.

Many of his supporters know it, but they’re too coward to admit it out loud, and can’t handle uncomfortable truths about him, like his lies about building the wall. Like Bernie Sanders said “Trump is a racist and a sexist...”
[Edited 2/19/19 7:12am]
falloff
Reply #128 posted 02/19/19 7:09am

RodeoSchro

poppys said:

John Oliver: Donald Trump Hits Omelette Bar After Declaring National Emergency

1. The funniest thing is that he has his own picture on the wall behind the counter

2. That dude making the omelet seems to be thinking, "Can I spit in this without him noticing?"

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
Reply #129 posted 02/19/19 7:14am

poppys

^^ Lol, I didn't even see that. Walk the Talk? or Talk the Walk? As benni said, he can't even admit he wears spray tan.

[Edited 2/19/19 7:16am]

Reply #130 posted 02/19/19 7:28am

BombSquad

he's not only a worthless moral-less disgusting rapist sissy piece of shit, by slipping this out in the open he also proves again that he's also dumb as a brick

Ideally speaking, the President of the United States and the dumbest person in the country would be two different people. Oh well.... money can't fix stupid
Reply #131 posted 02/19/19 8:08am

DiminutiveRock
er

BombSquad said:

he's not only a worthless moral-less disgusting rapist sissy piece of shit, by slipping this out in the open he also proves again that he's also dumb as a brick

He does this ^ every.single.day nod

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #132 posted 02/19/19 8:56am

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

BombSquad said:

It often appears that he he lacks the mental capacity to think before he speaks.
falloff
Reply #133 posted 02/19/19 9:39am

free2bFreeda2

Poll: 6-In-10 Disapprove Of Trump's Declaration Of A National Emergency
February 19, 20195:14 AM ET

: https://www.npr.org/2019/...-emergency

Trumpty Dumpty

trumpty dumpty prattles on about his delusional wall.

trumpty dumpty had said, "mexico will pay for it all."

everyone's wondering how far he'll go

after the latter declared a total no

trumpty dumpty's full of of schemes and lies

trumpty dumpty's integrity a no show in everyone's eyes

now he's falling like a punctured hot air balloon

while his followers keep trying to prevent his fall to doom.© ~ f2bf2

[Edited 2/19/19 9:59am]
Reply #134 posted 02/20/19 12:54am

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

It often appears that he he lacks the mental capacity to think before he speaks.

I would agree.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #135 posted 02/20/19 7:26am

poppys

Can't research this rabbit hole right now, but besides hating California, does Trump think he can use that billion for the wall?

https://www.marketwatch.c...-goldstein

The Wall Street Journal

Trump administration to cancel nearly $1 billion in funding for California high-speed rail

Reply #136 posted 02/20/19 7:59am

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

Can't research this rabbit hole right now, but besides hating California, does Trump think he can use that billion for the wall?

https://www.marketwatch.c...-goldstein

The Wall Street Journal

Trump administration to cancel nearly $1 billion in funding for California high-speed rail

Oh, yeah - this is a major stand off between the Orange and Newsom.

Reply #137 posted 02/21/19 7:18am

2elijah

This coming from the biggest hoax-ter. We are talking about trump pulling off the biggest hoax ever with the bs about building a wall, and lying to his MAGAs that it’s Brown illegal immigrants responsible for America’s crimes. Oh that’s right, trump supporters gave him a privileged pass. How dunce of them. popcorn
falloff
Reply #138 posted 02/21/19 1:21pm

2elijah

[Edited 2/21/19 13:22pm]
falloff
Reply #139 posted 02/22/19 6:44am

2elijah

Let’s hope this works:

https://www.google.com/ur...2930676141

House Democrats move to block Trump's national emergency declaration

February 22, 2019

Jacob Pramuk | @jacobpramuk
Published 32 Mins Ago Updated 8 Mins Ago

“House Democrats formally challenged President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration Friday, setting up dramatic votes in Congress on whether to rein in the president's flex of executive power, according to the Associated Press.
Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, had prepared the measure to block Trump's action, which he took last week to divert money to build his proposed border wall. Democrats have called the president's move a power grab sparked by lawmakers denying him the funding he wanted to construct barriers between the U.S. and Mexico.

The Democratic-held House will "move swiftly to pass this bill," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wrote to Democratic lawmakers on Thursday. It appears to have the support needed to get through the House. On Thursday, Castro said "we have 222 cosponsors to terminate" the declaration, more than the 218 needed for a bill to pass.”
[Edited 2/22/19 6:45am]
falloff
Reply #140 posted 02/22/19 6:47am

Musicslave

2elijah said:

Let’s hope this works: https://www.google.com/ur...2930676141 House Democrats move to block Trump's national emergency declaration February 22, 2019 Jacob Pramuk | @jacobpramuk Published 32 Mins Ago Updated 8 Mins Ago “House Democrats formally challenged President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration Friday, setting up dramatic votes in Congress on whether to rein in the president's flex of executive power, according to the Associated Press. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, had prepared the measure to block Trump's action, which he took last week to divert money to build his proposed border wall. Democrats have called the president's move a power grab sparked by lawmakers denying him the funding he wanted to construct barriers between the U.S. and Mexico. The Democratic-held House will "move swiftly to pass this bill," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wrote to Democratic lawmakers on Thursday. It appears to have the support needed to get through the House. On Thursday, Castro said "we have 222 cosponsors to terminate" the declaration, more than the 218 needed for a bill to pass.” [Edited 2/22/19 6:45am]

-

Republicans are cowards. I would love for them to surprise me and make this veto proof by enough of them support this measure.

-

I'm not holding my breathe.

Reply #141 posted 02/22/19 8:07am

2elijah

Musicslave said:

2elijah said:

Let’s hope this works: https://www.google.com/ur...2930676141 House Democrats move to block Trump's national emergency declaration February 22, 2019 Jacob Pramuk | @jacobpramuk Published 32 Mins Ago Updated 8 Mins Ago “House Democrats formally challenged President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration Friday, setting up dramatic votes in Congress on whether to rein in the president's flex of executive power, according to the Associated Press. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, had prepared the measure to block Trump's action, which he took last week to divert money to build his proposed border wall. Democrats have called the president's move a power grab sparked by lawmakers denying him the funding he wanted to construct barriers between the U.S. and Mexico. The Democratic-held House will "move swiftly to pass this bill," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wrote to Democratic lawmakers on Thursday. It appears to have the support needed to get through the House. On Thursday, Castro said "we have 222 cosponsors to terminate" the declaration, more than the 218 needed for a bill to pass.” [Edited 2/22/19 6:45am]

-

Republicans are cowards. I would love for them to surprise me and make this veto proof by enough of them support this measure.

-

Exactly if they really are against the fake national emergency they’d work with the Dems and give their vote to terminate it.
[Edited 2/22/19 12:25pm]
falloff
Reply #142 posted 02/22/19 12:22pm

poppys

2elijah said:

Musicslave said:

-

-

Exactly if they really are against the fake national emergency they’d work with the Dens and give their vote to terminate it.

Hope these "leaders" get a conscience before we vote them out, miracles do happen, I guess. hysterical laughter

[Edited 2/22/19 12:36pm]

Reply #143 posted 02/22/19 12:46pm

DiminutiveRock
er

Is there still an emergency happening? wink

popcorn

Reply #144 posted 02/24/19 10:09am

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

popcorn

The latest news is that he will veto any resolution that will block his national emergency declaration.
[Edited 2/24/19 11:22am]
falloff
Reply #145 posted 02/24/19 11:35am

poppys

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

popcorn

The latest news is that he will veto any resolution that will block his national emergency declaration.

He will veto imo.

This weeks emergency is his omelette wasn't as good as last weeks, wah. Need Wall! fit

Reply #146 posted 02/24/19 12:17pm

2freaky4church

Can't wait for President Bernie Sanders emergency declaration on climate, single payer, living wage, poverty, guaranteed job, food, housing. Can't wait. Thanks Trump.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #147 posted 02/24/19 4:20pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

He will veto imo.

This weeks emergency is his omelette wasn't as good as last weeks, wah. Need Wall! fit

here's the thing - the congress can make anything they vote on veto-proof by having a massive majority.

Emergency!!!!!! excited flyingpig

Reply #148 posted 02/24/19 4:39pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

He will veto imo.

here's the thing - the congress can make anything they vote on veto-proof by having a massive majority.

How many votes would it take to veto proof the resolution? edit - 2/3 of both houses - ain't gonna happen.

cbsnews.com...The resolution is likely to pass in the Democratic-controlled House, but Democrats face an uphill battle in mustering the necessary votes — let alone a veto-proof majority — to secure its passage in the Senate.

... Despite voicing concerns about the proclamation before Mr. Trump issued it, most rank-and-file Republicans and the House and Senate GOP leadership have expressed their support since Friday's announcement.

[Edited 2/24/19 20:35pm]

Reply #149 posted 02/25/19 3:33pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

How many votes would it take to veto proof the resolution? edit - 2/3 of both houses - ain't gonna happen.

cbsnews.com...The resolution is likely to pass in the Democratic-controlled House, but Democrats face an uphill battle in mustering the necessary votes — let alone a veto-proof majority — to secure its passage in the Senate.

... Despite voicing concerns about the proclamation before Mr. Trump issued it, most rank-and-file Republicans and the House and Senate GOP leadership have expressed their support since Friday's announcement.

[Edited 2/24/19 20:35pm]

^ My first reaction is "they cannot be this stupid?" but then I realized what I was thinking and answered my own question neutral

Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > TRUMP declares NATIONAL EMERGENCY to Build WALL