independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 23rd Apr 2019 3:22pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 36 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 02/12/19 6:18am

SuperFurryAnim
al

poppys said:

2elijah said:

Some here so badly want the incident to be a lie. Look at how they’re working overtime, and losing sleep, even going off topic to convince themselves that it was. popcorn couch

Exactly. We already have a thread to post (the same) Maga hat boy videos on. Off topic. Lots of hyperbolic words being thrown around. Off the rails of an actual discussion which is what this is supposed to be.

[Edited 2/12/19 5:21am]

Should I have believed the narrative they wanted to sell me? Now you are saying to trust liberal reporters finding evidence?! LOL

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 02/12/19 6:26am

2elijah

poppys said:

2elijah said:

2elijah said:

So the cops had his manager’s phone records on 2/5 and got Jussie’s today. In the article it also says the cops had Jusdie’s records from within an hour of the incident. Wonder if they meant his report of the incident, otherwise they wouldn’t have had to ask him for it, if they already had it. https://www.google.com/ur...7122090653

Jussie Smollett finally turns phone records over to cops By Gabrielle Fonrouge February 11, 2019 | 5:38pm “Jussie Smollett finally provided his phone records to the Chicago Police Department on Monday morning, hours after The Post reported his delay in providing the data. “Phone records from Jussie’s manager were sent to police on Feb. 5 and Jussie’s records were sent over this morning. Both were sent to Chief of Staff to the Superintendent of Police Robert Boik, who confirmed receipt,” a spokesperson for the “Empire” star said in an email, 13 days after Smollett alleged he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack. “They have Jussie’s records from within an hour of the incident. The police confirmed receipt of the records at [2:28 p.m. EST].” Cops requested Smollett’s phone records to corroborate a call he said he had with his manager Brandon Z. Moore during the attack.

Both men allege Smollett was called a “f—-t” and a “n—-r” during the attack and both said they heard the words “MAGA country,” an apparent reference to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan. The police said they wanted the records so they could independently verify the two men’s accounts, which is needed for a criminal investigation, but Smollett told police he couldn’t be without his phone for several hours. “We have no reason to doubt the statements, but for a criminal investigation, we need to independently confirm the phone records,” Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told The Post on Sunday afternoon.” (Edited for compliance)

“.. Smollett’s spokesperson told The Post on Monday Smollett “is the victim here” and he has provided multiple statements to the police. “Chicago PD has repeatedly informed us that they find Jussie’s account of what happened that night consistent and credible,” the statement read. “Superintendent Johnson has been clear from day one that Jussie is a victim. We are continuing to work closely with the Chicago PD and remain confident that they will find Jussie’s attackers and bring them to justice.”

DiminutiveRocker said:

Thanks, 2E.

It's not a lie - he was attacked and there is not reason at this juncture to assume otherwise.

Some here so badly want the incident to be a lie. Look at how they’re working overtime, and losing sleep, even going off topic to convince themselves that it was. popcorn couch

Exactly. We already have a thread to post (the same) Maga hat boy videos on. Off topic. Lots of hyperbolic words being thrown around. Off the rails of an actual discussion which is what this is supposed to be.

[Edited 2/12/19 5:21am]

The thread was on topic for awhile, until a few replies back, others started injecting things into the discussion, that has absolutely nothing to do with Jussie’s incident.

Anyway, maybe the mod who created this thread will remind everyone to keep ‘this thread’ on topic. smile
[Edited 2/12/19 7:21am]
FEARLESS
Reply #242 posted 02/12/19 8:04am

Dauphin

So, I suppose it's worth considering that we know enough about the case to do some critical thinking. I like to put hinge in a four block.

Block 1: Jussie is re-telling the events truthfully, and the motives behind the attack are accurate (meaning, the attackers truly meant this as a hate crime against his sexuality and race)

Block 2: Jussie is re-telling the events truthfully, but the motives behind the attack are deceptive. Meaning there's more to the attack than meets the eye.

Block 3: Jussie is re-telling falsely, but the motives of the attack are accurate. This requires some speculation, obviously. As would any scenario other than block 1.

Block 4: Jussie is lying, and the motives behind the attack are deceptive or non-existent.

I'm leaning on Block 2, only because so many things had to line up for this to happen. I think he was attacked, I think people said those things, but I think it was to deflect a potential investigation. That these people are stalkers, but it's very possible they are both stalkers AND alt-right militants.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Reply #243 posted 02/12/19 12:36pm

2elijah

So the CPD may request/need more phone records from Jussie to crack the case.

https://www.google.com/ur...9383448178

Chicago Police Investigating ‘Limited and Redacted Phone Records’ in Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Case

By Dan Clarendon

“As the investigation into the alleged hate crime against Jussie Smollett continues, Chicago police are investigating the 35-year-old’s phone records and a bottle found near the scene of the incident.

On Monday, February 11, police officer Christine Calace informed Us Weekly the Chicago Police Department had “received limited and redacted phone records from the victim.”

The following day, however, police officer Michael Carroll told Us that the investigators may require more records from Smollett. “We are very appreciative of the victim’s cooperation. However, the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted,” he said. “Detectives may be following up with the victim to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.”

(Click on link to read more)
[Edited 2/12/19 12:37pm]
FEARLESS
Reply #244 posted 02/12/19 12:37pm

uPtoWnNY

Dauphin said:

So, I suppose it's worth considering that we know enough about the case to do some critical thinking. I like to put hinge in a four block. Block 1: Jussie is re-telling the events truthfully, and the motives behind the attack are accurate (meaning, the attackers truly meant this as a hate crime against his sexuality and race) Block 2: Jussie is re-telling the events truthfully, but the motives behind the attack are deceptive. Meaning there's more to the attack than meets the eye. Block 3: Jussie is re-telling falsely, but the motives of the attack are accurate. This requires some speculation, obviously. As would any scenario other than block 1. Block 4: Jussie is lying, and the motives behind the attack are deceptive or non-existent. I'm leaning on Block 2, only because so many things had to line up for this to happen. I think he was attacked, I think people said those things, but I think it was to deflect a potential investigation. That these people are stalkers, but it's very possible they are both stalkers AND alt-right militants.

nod

Reply #245 posted 02/12/19 3:23pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

2elijah said:

So the CPD may request/need more phone records from Jussie to crack the case. https://www.google.com/ur...9383448178 Chicago Police Investigating ‘Limited and Redacted Phone Records’ in Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Case By Dan Clarendon “As the investigation into the alleged hate crime against Jussie Smollett continues, Chicago police are investigating the 35-year-old’s phone records and a bottle found near the scene of the incident. On Monday, February 11, police officer Christine Calace informed Us Weekly the Chicago Police Department had “received limited and redacted phone records from the victim.” The following day, however, police officer Michael Carroll told Us that the investigators may require more records from Smollett. “We are very appreciative of the victim’s cooperation. However, the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted,” he said. “Detectives may be following up with the victim to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.” (Click on link to read more) [Edited 2/12/19 12:37pm]

I hope he was not tricked on a dating app and fell to an online predator/stalker then made up a story to cover himself of shame from TMZ etc. If that ends up the case Jussie would be more the victim even in lying to police as TMZ and the sick culture that posts every single thing about celebrities can be hardest on gay men.

Reply #246 posted 02/13/19 10:08pm

PennyPurple

Jusse is doing an interview with Robin Roberts tomorrow on Good Morning America.

Reply #247 posted 02/14/19 5:31am

OldFriends4Sal
e

Dauphin said:

So, I suppose it's worth considering that we know enough about the case to do some critical thinking. I like to put hinge in a four block. Block 1: Jussie is re-telling the events truthfully, and the motives behind the attack are accurate (meaning, the attackers truly meant this as a hate crime against his sexuality and race) Block 2: Jussie is re-telling the events truthfully, but the motives behind the attack are deceptive. Meaning there's more to the attack than meets the eye. Block 3: Jussie is re-telling falsely, but the motives of the attack are accurate. This requires some speculation, obviously. As would any scenario other than block 1. Block 4: Jussie is lying, and the motives behind the attack are deceptive or non-existent. I'm leaning on Block 2, only because so many things had to line up for this to happen. I think he was attacked, I think people said those things, but I think it was to deflect a potential investigation. That these people are stalkers, but it's very possible they are both stalkers AND alt-right militants.

I've been thinking this way since the beginning of this.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
Reply #248 posted 02/14/19 5:54am

poppys

PennyPurple said:

Jusse is doing an interview with Robin Roberts tomorrow on Good Morning America.

He said he is telling the truth.

Why would someone call the cops for a "date" gone wrong and say they were attacked? There's a shame factor there that would keep a lot of people from doing that if they weren't seriously hurt. Especially if they're famous. Makes NO sense. And the "reasons" are being embellished here more & more with ZERO information.

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
Reply #249 posted 02/14/19 6:40am

2elijah

It’s a long article folks. Jusdie said he never said the attackers were wearing MAGA hats, but he did confirm the racial and homophobic slurs, the rope around his neck and the liquid poured on him, as well as the attackers stating “This is MAGA country n****r.”

https://www-m.cnn.com/201...gle.com%2F

Jussie Smollett gives details about his attack and says he's 'forever changed'

By Lisa Respers France and Sandra Gonzalez, CNN

Updated at 8:55 AM ET, Thu February 14, 2019

Jussie Smollett gave his first detailed account to "Good Morning America" Thursday of what he says was a hate crime against him and the aftermath.
"I will never be the man that this did not happen to," Smollett told Robin Roberts. "I am forever changed. I don't subscribe to the idea everything happens for a reason, but I do subscribe to the idea that we have the right and the responsibility to make something meaningful out of the things that happen to us, good and bad."

Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

Smollett told Roberts he landed in Chicago that day, was picked up by his creative director and got back to his apartment only to realize he had no food in the house.

The 36-year-old "Empire" star said he left his apartment to go to Walgreens, thinking it was open 24 hours, but ended up at Subway to get a salad.
He said he texted his manager, Brandon Moore, who he believed to be in Australia with another client, and left a message for Moore to call him.
Smollett said Moore called him back immediately.
"While he was on the phone I heard, I was crossing the intersection, I heard 'Empire!,' Smollett told Roberts. "I don't answer to 'Empire.' My name ain't 'Empire.'"

The actor said he didn't respond and kept walking only to hear someone to hear someone yell a racial slur.

"So I turned around and said 'What the f**k did you just say to me' and I see the attacker masked," Smollett said, appearing to get emotional. "He said 'This MAGA country n****r' and he punched me in the face so I punched his a** back."
Smollett said they started tussling and ended up near some stairs, as a second person kicked him in his back.

The alleged attackers ran off and Smollett said he looked down and saw that his phone had fallen out of his pocket.
His manager was still on the line and Smollett said he told Moore he had been jumped.

Glancing down, Smollett said he saw a rope.
"I noticed the rope around my neck and I started screaming 'There's a f***ing rope around my neck," he said.

Smollett said he gave a body description of his alleged attackers as best as he could because he doesn't have details such as eye color.

He told Roberts he's seen the photo police released of the persons of interest.
"For me, when that was released I was like 'Ok, we are getting somewhere,'" Smollett said. "For me, I don't have any doubt in my mind that's them."

He also explained why he hesitated to report the attack.
"There's a level of pride there," Smollett said. "We live in a society where as a gay man you are considered somehow to be weak and I'm not weak. I am not weak and we as a people are not weak."

Smollett said it took police about 30 minutes to respond.
During that time, the star said, he checked himself, saw his bruises and smelled bleach, so he left his clothes on as well as the rope around his neck.

Smollett said he asked the responding officers to turn off their body cams and come into his apartment because he didn't want his neighbors witnessing the scene.
He said he went with officers outside to walk them through what happened and noticed a nearby camera only to find out later that it was pointed in the opposite direction of where he says his alleged attack happened.
Smollett expressed frustration at not being believed.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."
The actor said he refused to turn over his phone to police because he has private videos, messages, music and phone numbers that he wanted to protect.
Smollett refuted some of what has been reported, including that he told police his alleged attackers were wearing MAGA hats.

"I never said that," he said. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."
Smollett said he assumes he was targeted because of his vocal criticism against Donald Trump and his administration, telling Roberts, "I come really hard against 45."

Smollett said he was aware of Trump saying "It doesn't get worse as far as I'm concerned" when asked about the alleged attack.
"I don't know what to say to that," Smollett said. "You know, I appreciate him not brushing over it."
[Edited 2/14/19 7:32am]
FEARLESS
Reply #250 posted 02/14/19 8:56am

PennyPurple

Well there you go, we got answers and I feel that they are truthful from Jusse.

Thanks for posting it 2E!

2elijah said:

It’s a long article folks. Jusdie said he never said the attackers were wearing MAGA hats, but he did confirm the racial and homophobic slurs, the rope around his neck and the liquid poured on him, as well as the attackers stating “This is MAGA country n****r.” https://www-m.cnn.com/201...gle.com%2F Jussie Smollett gives details about his attack and says he's 'forever changed' By Lisa Respers France and Sandra Gonzalez, CNN Updated at 8:55 AM ET, Thu February 14, 2019 Jussie Smollett gave his first detailed account to "Good Morning America" Thursday of what he says was a hate crime against him and the aftermath. "I will never be the man that this did not happen to," Smollett told Robin Roberts. "I am forever changed. I don't subscribe to the idea everything happens for a reason, but I do subscribe to the idea that we have the right and the responsibility to make something meaningful out of the things that happen to us, good and bad." Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him. Smollett told Roberts he landed in Chicago that day, was picked up by his creative director and got back to his apartment only to realize he had no food in the house. The 36-year-old "Empire" star said he left his apartment to go to Walgreens, thinking it was open 24 hours, but ended up at Subway to get a salad. He said he texted his manager, Brandon Moore, who he believed to be in Australia with another client, and left a message for Moore to call him. Smollett said Moore called him back immediately. "While he was on the phone I heard, I was crossing the intersection, I heard 'Empire!,' Smollett told Roberts. "I don't answer to 'Empire.' My name ain't 'Empire.'" The actor said he didn't respond and kept walking only to hear someone to hear someone yell a racial slur. "So I turned around and said 'What the f**k did you just say to me' and I see the attacker masked," Smollett said, appearing to get emotional. "He said 'This MAGA country n****r' and he punched me in the face so I punched his a** back." Smollett said they started tussling and ended up near some stairs, as a second person kicked him in his back. The alleged attackers ran off and Smollett said he looked down and saw that his phone had fallen out of his pocket. His manager was still on the line and Smollett said he told Moore he had been jumped. Glancing down, Smollett said he saw a rope. "I noticed the rope around my neck and I started screaming 'There's a f***ing rope around my neck," he said. Smollett said he gave a body description of his alleged attackers as best as he could because he doesn't have details such as eye color. He told Roberts he's seen the photo police released of the persons of interest. "For me, when that was released I was like 'Ok, we are getting somewhere,'" Smollett said. "For me, I don't have any doubt in my mind that's them." He also explained why he hesitated to report the attack. "There's a level of pride there," Smollett said. "We live in a society where as a gay man you are considered somehow to be weak and I'm not weak. I am not weak and we as a people are not weak." Smollett said it took police about 30 minutes to respond. During that time, the star said, he checked himself, saw his bruises and smelled bleach, so he left his clothes on as well as the rope around his neck. Smollett said he asked the responding officers to turn off their body cams and come into his apartment because he didn't want his neighbors witnessing the scene. He said he went with officers outside to walk them through what happened and noticed a nearby camera only to find out later that it was pointed in the opposite direction of where he says his alleged attack happened. Smollett expressed frustration at not being believed. "It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now." The actor said he refused to turn over his phone to police because he has private videos, messages, music and phone numbers that he wanted to protect. Smollett refuted some of what has been reported, including that he told police his alleged attackers were wearing MAGA hats. "I never said that," he said. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae." Smollett said he assumes he was targeted because of his vocal criticism against Donald Trump and his administration, telling Roberts, "I come really hard against 45." Smollett said he was aware of Trump saying "It doesn't get worse as far as I'm concerned" when asked about the alleged attack. "I don't know what to say to that," Smollett said. "You know, I appreciate him not brushing over it." [Edited 2/14/19 7:32am]

Reply #251 posted 02/14/19 10:50am

2elijah

PennyPurple said:

2elijah said:

It’s a long article folks. Jusdie said he never said the attackers were wearing MAGA hats, but he did confirm the racial and homophobic slurs, the rope around his neck and the liquid poured on him, as well as the attackers stating “This is MAGA country n****r.” https://www-m.cnn.com/201...gle.com%2F Jussie Smollett gives details about his attack and says he's 'forever changed' By Lisa Respers France and Sandra Gonzalez, CNN Updated at 8:55 AM ET, Thu February 14, 2019 Jussie Smollett gave his first detailed account to "Good Morning America" Thursday of what he says was a hate crime against him and the aftermath. "I will never be the man that this did not happen to," Smollett told Robin Roberts. "I am forever changed. I don't subscribe to the idea everything happens for a reason, but I do subscribe to the idea that we have the right and the responsibility to make something meaningful out of the things that happen to us, good and bad." Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him. Smollett told Roberts he landed in Chicago that day, was picked up by his creative director and got back to his apartment only to realize he had no food in the house. The 36-year-old "Empire" star said he left his apartment to go to Walgreens, thinking it was open 24 hours, but ended up at Subway to get a salad. He said he texted his manager, Brandon Moore, who he believed to be in Australia with another client, and left a message for Moore to call him. Smollett said Moore called him back immediately. "While he was on the phone I heard, I was crossing the intersection, I heard 'Empire!,' Smollett told Roberts. "I don't answer to 'Empire.' My name ain't 'Empire.'" The actor said he didn't respond and kept walking only to hear someone to hear someone yell a racial slur. "So I turned around and said 'What the f**k did you just say to me' and I see the attacker masked," Smollett said, appearing to get emotional. "He said 'This MAGA country n****r' and he punched me in the face so I punched his a** back." Smollett said they started tussling and ended up near some stairs, as a second person kicked him in his back. The alleged attackers ran off and Smollett said he looked down and saw that his phone had fallen out of his pocket. His manager was still on the line and Smollett said he told Moore he had been jumped. Glancing down, Smollett said he saw a rope. "I noticed the rope around my neck and I started screaming 'There's a f***ing rope around my neck," he said. Smollett said he gave a body description of his alleged attackers as best as he could because he doesn't have details such as eye color. He told Roberts he's seen the photo police released of the persons of interest. "For me, when that was released I was like 'Ok, we are getting somewhere,'" Smollett said. "For me, I don't have any doubt in my mind that's them." He also explained why he hesitated to report the attack. "There's a level of pride there," Smollett said. "We live in a society where as a gay man you are considered somehow to be weak and I'm not weak. I am not weak and we as a people are not weak." Smollett said it took police about 30 minutes to respond. During that time, the star said, he checked himself, saw his bruises and smelled bleach, so he left his clothes on as well as the rope around his neck. Smollett said he asked the responding officers to turn off their body cams and come into his apartment because he didn't want his neighbors witnessing the scene. He said he went with officers outside to walk them through what happened and noticed a nearby camera only to find out later that it was pointed in the opposite direction of where he says his alleged attack happened. Smollett expressed frustration at not being believed. "It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now." The actor said he refused to turn over his phone to police because he has private videos, messages, music and phone numbers that he wanted to protect. Smollett refuted some of what has been reported, including that he told police his alleged attackers were wearing MAGA hats. "I never said that," he said. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae." Smollett said he assumes he was targeted because of his vocal criticism against Donald Trump and his administration, telling Roberts, "I come really hard against 45." Smollett said he was aware of Trump saying "It doesn't get worse as far as I'm concerned" when asked about the alleged attack. "I don't know what to say to that," Smollett said. "You know, I appreciate him not brushing over it." [Edited 2/14/19 7:32am]

You’re welcome. There were so many who assumed he wasn’t telling the truth, and was hoping it was a hoax/lie. He gave the same accounts of the attack to the police. Even the CPD said they had no reason to believe Jussie wasn’t being genuine, so all the naysayers and those who drummed up all their crazy conspiracy theories, can eat that pie on their faces now.

He definitely confirmed that they said “This is MAGA country n****r.”
[Edited 2/14/19 15:24pm]
FEARLESS
Reply #252 posted 02/14/19 12:42pm

OnlyNDaUsa

One person of interest may have worked on "Empire"
I had everything I needed
But now my life is so blue
You meant the world to me
But now you're gone and I'm so blue
Reply #253 posted 02/14/19 2:36pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

PennyPurple said:

You’re welcome. There were so many who assumed he wasn’t telling the truth, and was hoping it was a hoax/lie. He gave the same accounts of the attack to the police. Even the CPD said they had no reason to believe Jussie wasn’t being genuine, so all the naysayers and those who drummed up all their crazy conspiracy theories, can eat that pie on their faces now. [Edited 2/14/19 10:53am]

nod He is telling the truth.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #254 posted 02/14/19 2:48pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

OnlyNDaUsa said:

One person of interest may have worked on "Empire"

If the actor from Empire is one of Smollett's tormenters for real the question, did Smollett put him up to it or was he a victim of an angry co-worker? Could very well go down in history as biggest MAGA bird-dog story along with the guy that attacked the BBC reporter and Covington MAGA boys.
Reply #255 posted 02/14/19 3:32pm

2elijah

https://www.google.com/ur...3103622441

JUSSIE SMOLLETT
COPS QUESTIONING HIM AND ANOTHER 'EMPIRE' ACTOR

2/14/2019 2:50 PM PST

2:50 PM PT -- Chicago PD has confirmed ... the 2 men taken in for questioning are the same men in the surveillance video screen grab. The PD confirms transportation records, along with interviews with Jussie and other witnesses, led to the ID of the 2 men.
update_grey_gray_bar
Jussie Smollett is being questioned again by Chicago PD ... and officers are also talking to another man, an actor who has also appeared on "Empire" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the case tell us the actor, not Jussie, was picked up by Chicago PD Wednesday night right after he flew into O'Hare Airport. We're told Jussie was brought in Thursday morning for additional questioning. Another man who was with the actor at O'Hare was also taken in for questioning.

The two individuals are being questioned as "persons of interest." Police won't say if they are the same 2 people seen in the grainy image released last month. But, law enforcement sources tell TMZ, they believe the 2 people were at the scene of the alleged attack.

As for for how cops ID'd the 2 people they're questioning -- we're told they used rideshare and/or taxicab records to track their locations the night of the alleged incident.

Jussie is on record saying he believes the 2 men in the grainy image are the ones who attacked him.

Story developing ...

Originally Published -- 11:50 AM PT
FEARLESS
Reply #256 posted 02/14/19 3:35pm

poppys

Progress is good. Thanks 2e.

Reply #257 posted 02/14/19 3:40pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

PennyPurple said:

You’re welcome. There were so many who assumed he wasn’t telling the truth, and was hoping it was a hoax/lie. He gave the same accounts of the attack to the police. Even the CPD said they had no reason to believe Jussie wasn’t being genuine, so all the naysayers and those who drummed up all their crazy conspiracy theories, can eat that pie on their faces now. [Edited 2/14/19 10:53am]

Yes, I’m glad he finally came out and spoke about it. Just imagine how angry some folks are all over social media, who called him a liar, other names, and made up all their crazy stories, are angry that it didn’t turn out to be the hoax they were hoping for.
[Edited 2/14/19 15:43pm]
FEARLESS
Reply #258 posted 02/14/19 3:44pm

2elijah

poppys said:

Progress is good. Thanks 2e.

No prob smile
FEARLESS
Reply #259 posted 02/14/19 3:51pm

13cjk13

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Yes, I’m glad he finally came out and spoke about it. Just imagine how angry some folks are all over social media, who called him a liar, other names, and made up all their crazy stories, are angry that it didn’t turn out to be the hoax they were hoping for. [Edited 2/14/19 15:43pm]

Oh, it doesnt even matter. The rabid, racist, conspiracy theory loving Trumpthec*nt supporters will just say it's not real, no matter what the truth is. We live in a very sick world.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply #260 posted 02/14/19 3:56pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

The two men are Nigerians. Probably ISIS? Trying to pin it on MAGA! This is a conspiracy theory I couldn't have thought of. Funny that Jussie made a point of it MAGA. Wonder if the Nigerians will have clear accents?
Reply #261 posted 02/14/19 3:59pm

DiminutiveRock
er

13cjk13 said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said: Yes, I’m glad he finally came out and spoke about it. Just imagine how angry some folks are all over social media, who called him a liar, other names, and made up all their crazy stories, are angry that it didn’t turn out to be the hoax they were hoping for. [Edited 2/14/19 15:43pm]

Oh, it doesnt even matter. The rabid, racist, conspiracy theory loving Trumpthec*nt supporters will just say it's not real, no matter what the truth is. We live in a very sick world.

nod

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #262 posted 02/14/19 4:01pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

Two Nigerians that appeared on the show!!!!! How odd for them boys to pin it on MAGA. For the neighbors to say redneck was hanging around out front. Shame, shame, shame.
Reply #263 posted 02/14/19 4:06pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

13cjk13 said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Yes, I’m glad he finally came out and spoke about it. Just imagine how angry some folks are all over social media, who called him a liar, other names, and made up all their crazy stories, are angry that it didn’t turn out to be the hoax they were hoping for. [Edited 2/14/19 15:43pm]

Up in smoke the theory it was MAGA and racism. Two Nigerians that appeared as extras on Empire! Fucking craziest bullshit story of year Extra on actor crime..just don't ruin the foot long man!!!!
Reply #264 posted 02/14/19 4:18pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

RodeoSchro said:

Well, this isn't going to surprise anyone that's been paying attention:

Today, coming out of his apartment in Chicago, Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by a group of men wearing MAGA hats. Thus far, some media has described it as a homophobic attack, some as a racist attack, and others both.

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when he walked out, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."

Jussie was taken to Northwestern Memorial where he was treated. He was discharged later Tuesday morning.

Here's a letter his studio received 8 days ago:

Hmm! Who did this?
Reply #265 posted 02/14/19 4:24pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

SuperFurryAnimal said:

TRUMP IS ALREADY BEING BLAMED?

--

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored Persons (NAACP), the country’s most influential civil rights organization, has blamed President Donald Trump for Tuesday morning’s attack on actor Jussie Smollett.

The Empire star was allegedly attacked by two men wearing ski masks in the early hours of Jan. 29 in Chicago. TMZ first reported that Smollett had identified the two attackers as white, and that he had told police that they had yelled, “This is MAGA country!”.

However, the Chicago Police Department has disputed that he told them that, at least initially, or identified the race of the attackers, who allegedly used racist and homophobic language and placed a rope around Smollett’s neck. The Daily Beast reported that Chicago police said the race and gender of the alleged assailants remained unknown.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/29/naacp-blames-president-donald-trump-for-alleged-racist-homophobic-attack-on-actor-jussie-smollett/

MAGA Nigerians that worked with Jussie on Empire! Blame Trump!
Reply #266 posted 02/14/19 4:25pm

Pokeno4Money

Well here ya go ...

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/jussie-smollett-attack-staged-1203140464/

https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others-allegedly-being-written-off-empire/5138497/

Sources: Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off 'Empire'

CHICAGO --

Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of "Empire."

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest -- one of whom has appeared on "Empire."

[Edited 2/14/19 16:27pm]

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
Reply #267 posted 02/14/19 4:26pm

poppys

Oh God, I miss jjhunsecker.

Reply #268 posted 02/14/19 4:31pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

poppys said:

Oh God, I miss jjhunsecker.

Was jj an extra on Empire?
Reply #269 posted 02/14/19 4:32pm

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RodeoSchro said:

Well, this isn't going to surprise anyone that's been paying attention:

Today, coming out of his apartment in Chicago, Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by a group of men wearing MAGA hats. Thus far, some media has described it as a homophobic attack, some as a racist attack, and others both.

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when he walked out, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."

Jussie was taken to Northwestern Memorial where he was treated. He was discharged later Tuesday morning.

Here's a letter his studio received 8 days ago:

Hmm! Who did this?

Hillary? Obama?

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
Page 9 of 36 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse