independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 27th Jun 2019 5:54am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 36 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 02/07/19 8:11pm

CynicKill

Playing a little devil's advocate:

Do you think all these conspiracy theories would be flying around had Jussie been a gay white male?

I mean even black people are going in, making me come to the realization that we've found common ground for MAGA's and black people to agree on.

Secondly there's scandalously little survalliance footage and my question is why? They don't even seem to have footage of him walking home.

But remember that kid that was shot 16 times in Chicago? The full footage was "discovered" a full year after the incident.

So either there's not as much survalliance in that area as people seem to believe, or the cameras don't run consistently 24 hours a day. Or the cameras swoop maybe?

Worst case scenario is that the footage is somewhere and is being held or hidden.

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 02/07/19 8:49pm

2elijah

CynicKill said:

Playing a little devil's advocate:

Do you think all these conspiracy theories would be flying around had Jussie been a gay white male?

I mean even black people are going in, making me come to the realization that we've found common ground for MAGA's and black people to agree on.

Secondly there's scandalously little survalliance footage and my question is why? They don't even seem to have footage of him walking home.

But remember that kid that was shot 16 times in Chicago? The full footage was "discovered" a full year after the incident.

So either there's not as much survalliance in that area as people seem to believe, or the cameras don't run consistently 24 hours a day. Or the cameras swoop maybe?

Worst case scenario is that the footage is somewhere and is being held or hidden.

They do have footage of Jussie entering his bldg with the rope around his neck though. I think the suspects knew exactly where to attack him. They probably were aware there would be no vid where they attacked him. Seems like they came prepared wearing masks already, when they approached him, and as reported by Jussie, threw some kind of liquid on him/and put a rope on his neck. It’s not surprising that some would speculate, because some already want to call him a liar, but I don’t think it’s a hoax, and I believe someway/somehow the suspects will eventually be caught.
[Edited 2/9/19 9:09am]
The abortion ban issue...any relation to 2045 or pre-1848?
Reply #182 posted 02/07/19 9:11pm

2elijah

Statement from Jussie’s creative director. Also, remember that Jussie clarified at his concert to his audience this past weekend, that he was not hospitalized, meaning he wasn’t admitted for an overnight stay-inpatient, but was taken to the hospital, and released. He also mentioned he saw his doctor on Chicago and L.A. who cleared him.

https://www.google.com/ur...8408349416

'I FEEL SO SELFISH': JUSSIE SMOLLETT'S CREATIVE DIRECTOR SPEAKS ABOUT ATTACK

Thursday, February 07, 2019 10:43PM

CHICAGO - The man who called 911 the night "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett said he was attacked in Streeterville spoke out nine days after the actor said two men yelled slurs, beat him and put a rope around his neck.

Frank Gatson, a well-known choreographer who has worked with Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce, is also Smollett's creative director. When asked about the night of the attack he said, "I feel so selfish I didn't walk with him that night."

I'm the one that called 911," Gatson said. "I'm the one who took him to the hospital. And it was so scary, man."

Gatson spoke to the TV show EXTRA at a New York gala this week.

"And I was responsible. I said, let's call the cops. Let's go to the hospital," Gatson said.

Gatson was at a condo in a building in Streeterville when, according to Chicago police, Smollett came home with a rope around his neck and a cut on his face. Smollet told investigators he was beaten by two masked men who yelled homophobic and racial slurs as they attacked him.

ABC News has also confirmed Gatson said, "I'm just glad I was the old man at his apartment when he got there... That was a scary night, my stomach was numb."

Investigators continue to look for video from surveillance cameras, telling ABC7 that includes red light cameras, pod cameras, and hotel cameras - any cameras in the area. But after nine days they have no confirmation that the alleged attackers or the actual attack were captured on surveillance video.
[Edited 2/7/19 21:14pm]
Reply #183 posted 02/09/19 5:38am

SuperFurryAnim
al

Could go either way. How about this theory. It was a grinder date gone wrong. He felt embarrassed so made up the story. Not really a hoax but embarrassed about some deviant behavior. That is a possibility?
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #184 posted 02/09/19 9:22am

CynicKill

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Could go either way. How about this theory. It was a grinder date gone wrong. He felt embarrassed so made up the story. Not really a hoax but embarrassed about some deviant behavior. That is a possibility?

Then why say anything as an out gay celebrity?

No one would have known.

Reply #185 posted 02/09/19 9:23am

CynicKill

Famously Corrupt Chicago Police Says Jussie Smollett Is A Victim But Threatens Him With Charges

https://newsone.com/38458...epartment/

Reply #186 posted 02/09/19 11:40am

OnlyNDaUsa

CynicKill said:

Famously Corrupt Chicago Police Says Jussie Smollett Is A Victim But Threatens Him With Charges

https://newsone.com/38458...epartment/

that means nothing. If asked the same about any complaint they would say the same... the reporting on this seems to be intended to suggest there is some reasonable suspicion that the story is a hoax--there is not.

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
Reply #187 posted 02/09/19 12:10pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

CynicKill said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Then why say anything as an out gay celebrity?

No one would have known.

To cover, obviously he had bite marks that he would have to explain. Two men attacking I believe would use fists and you think a straight MAGA is going to bite a black gay man? He never dropped the sub. It would explain why he didn't want to go to the police initially. Something doesn't add up. Why would he have not wanted to go to the police?

Reply #188 posted 02/09/19 12:16pm

benni

Acting AG Whitaker testified yesterday that while there have been 7000 reported hate crimes in 2017, only 30 of them resulted in a conviction. He was asked whether the DOJ was adequately allocating resources to try these cases, and he brings up the conviction in the Mollie Tibbetts case. The congressman had to bring him back to the question, stating that he was asking if they are adequately allocating resources to terrorism committed within the United States. He said he thought they were. :-/ 7000 reported cases and only 30 convictions. That doesn't sound adequate to me.

Reply #189 posted 02/09/19 12:18pm

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

There are questions that we may think we have a right to have answered. There are things that do not make much sense. There are plenty of things that he did after that seem odd... but so what.

That would be a huge trauma. No one would be 100% thinking straight. A famous person would have to consider how it would look before deciding to report it. To me, he acted oddly, but then how is one supposed to act?

Exactly. No-one can say 100% how they would act. No-one.

If love is the answer, what was the question? - Carter USM.
Reply #190 posted 02/09/19 1:54pm

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

There are questions that we may think we have a right to have answered. There are things that do not make much sense. There are plenty of things that he did after that seem odd... but so what.

That would be a huge trauma. No one would be 100% thinking straight. A famous person would have to consider how it would look before deciding to report it. To me, he acted oddly, but then how is one supposed to act?

Exactly. No-one can say 100% how they would act. No-one.

and to the phone issue... it is reasonable to not think it necessary to do so as he assumes there is no evidence what so ever on it... if he is telling the truth then he knows it will show what he says it will show so there is no need or value in it.

Reply #191 posted 02/09/19 4:02pm

Pokeno4Money

djThunderfunk said:

"Sources close to the Chicago Police Department also tell The Daily Wire that police have filed a series of subpoenas in order to compel the production of Smollett's phone records from the night of the attack, a report apparently confirmed by CWB Chicago."

Chicago Police say they will hold Smollett accountable if he made a false police report.

https://www.dailywire.com...ly-zanotti

Thunderfunk, I truly miss your postings my friend.

The ignorance here in this thread is staggering, nothing has changed in the past couple years.

Two guys "hanging out" outside a Subway shop, in sub-zero temperatures at 2AM with no possible way to know he'd be there.

Dozens of surveillance cameras that captured nearly all of his movement, none of which shows any type of attack or confrontation.

Nobody else shown on cameras in the area at the time he claimed the attack occurred.

Bleach being thrown, even though bleach freezes at 18 degrees and the temperature at the time was -9 degrees.

Fighting off two men while simultaneously talking on his phone and holding his Subway sandwich.

Repeatedly punched in the face, but no corresponding facial injuries.

Video proving he arrived back at his apartment with the Subway sandwich still in his hand and completely intact.

Kept the noose around his neck all the way home, something no person traumatized or not would have done.

Didn't bother to contact the police until long after.

Both him and his manager refuse to turn over their phones.

Claimed the attackers were white, but also said they were wearing ski masks and obviously gloves.

And all this happened in a predominantly black, predominantly liberal area.

As for motive:

Shortly prior, he sent a series of unhinged profanity filled online rants against Trump.

Made sure all the rally-behind-the-victim boxes were checked: Racial slurs, homophobic slurs, MAGA reference. Textbook accusations.

Gained more attention and fame than he ever had prior to his claims.

His shows suddenly became sold out.

For now he must still be treated as a victim, as he's innocent until proven guilty. However I will continue to wait until the Chicago PD concludes their investigation. But right now, it certainly looks like Jussie might be heading toward the infamous Racist Liars Club that includes Tawana Brawley, Crystal Mangum (now in prison for murder), Andrew McClinton (ironic last name), Taraji Henson (yet another "Empire" actress), William Tucker, Harold & Patricia Hunter to name a few.

Sorry man, I ain't back. I'm embarrassed to have spent so much time in the past here.

I'll leave the last word to one of my favs, Mechee X. Start at the 2:45 mark if you want to see how the black community feels about Jussie right now.

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
Reply #192 posted 02/09/19 4:32pm

13cjk13

Pokeno4Money said:

djThunderfunk said:

"Sources close to the Chicago Police Department also tell The Daily Wire that police have filed a series of subpoenas in order to compel the production of Smollett's phone records from the night of the attack, a report apparently confirmed by CWB Chicago."

Chicago Police say they will hold Smollett accountable if he made a false police report.

https://www.dailywire.com...ly-zanotti

The ignorance here in this thread is staggering, nothing has changed in the past couple years.

Two guys "hanging out" outside a Subway shop, in sub-zero temperatures at 2AM with no possible way to know he'd be there.

Dozens of surveillance cameras that captured nearly all of his movement, none of which shows any type of attack or confrontation.

Nobody else shown on cameras in the area at the time he claimed the attack occurred.

Bleach being thrown, even though bleach freezes at 18 degrees and the temperature at the time was -9 degrees.

Fighting off two men while simultaneously talking on his phone and holding his Subway sandwich.

Video proving he arrived back at his apartment with the Subway sandwich still in his hand and completely intact.

Kept the noose around his neck all the way home, something no person traumatized or not would have done.

Claimed the attackers were white, but also said they were wearing ski masks and obviously gloves.

As for motive:

Shortly prior, he sent a series of unhinged profanity filled online rants against Trump.

Made sure all the rally-behind-the-victim boxes were checked: Racial slurs, homophobic slurs, MAGA reference. Textbook accusations.

For now he must still be treated as a victim, as he's innocent until proven guilty. However I will continue to wait until the Chicago PD concludes their investigation. But right now, it certainly looks like Jussie might be heading toward the infamous Racist Liars Club that includes Tawana Brawley, Crystal Mangum (now in prison for murder), Andrew McClinton (ironic last name), Taraji Henson (yet another "Empire" actress), William Tucker, Harold & Patricia Hunter to name a few.

Sorry man, I ain't back. I'm embarrassed to have spent so much time in the past here.

I'll leave the last word to one of my favs, Mechee X. Start at the 2:45 mark if you want to see how the black community feels about Jussie right now.

"Sorry man, I aint back". thumbs up!

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #193 posted 02/09/19 5:20pm

djThunderfunk

Pokeno4Money said:

As for motive:

Pokeno!! Good to see you even if it's only briefly. biggrin wink

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
Reply #194 posted 02/10/19 10:26am

2freaky4church

Can you prove he is lying? Bleach would not just instantly freeze.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #195 posted 02/10/19 11:39am

2elijah

2freaky4church1 said:

Can you prove he is lying? Bleach would not just instantly freeze.

You can read Jussie’s clarification regarding some of the news reports that came out about the attack, on the article I posted in reply #66.

I also don’t recall Jussie giving any racial description of his attackers, because he said they wore masks. Police confirmed the liquid thrown on him was bleach and they do have evidence of Jussie walking into his building, with a rope around his neck. He stated he didn’t want to report the attack but was convinced to do so, by the friend he was talking on the phone, and that friend confirmed to police that heard the same racist and homophobic comments towards Jussie from the attackers, that Jussie said they made to him.

It’s not surprising to see and hear all the crazy conspiracy theories and accusations, that’s floating around and being uploaded on YouTube, and on other social media platforms questioning the incident, because the police haven’t yet found the suspects, so many suspicions are surfacing.

I also believe everyone has their ‘individual‘ view of the incident, as it would be sheer ignorance to believe one, specific community has the same opinion of the incident.

People will make all kinds of assumptions about it, and not to mention all the crazy conspiracy stories showing up on YouTube vids about it. Not surprised at some of the doubters‘ comments here though, but at the end of the day, everyone will just have to wait and see if any new info surfaces about the two suspects, and for Jussie’s sake I hope they are caught soon.
[Edited 2/11/19 8:52am]
Reply #196 posted 02/10/19 1:34pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

The oddest fact is Jussie not wanting to initially report the crime. Crime that most people would perceive as a failed murder attempt. Why cover that up? 2freaky they likely have video surveillance of his every step in that part of Chicago.
Reply #197 posted 02/10/19 1:42pm

OnlyNDaUsa

Many violent crimes do not get reported... for all sorts of reasons. And besides seeming to be a trump inspired hate crime...it may very well be a federal crime. I suspect whoever sent the letter was behind this! The fact that a rope is seen in the picture on the letter and was put around his neck sure seems to be evidence of that.

Reply #198 posted 02/10/19 2:08pm

Pokeno4Money

djThunderfunk said:

Thanks my friend!

Lemme ask you something. If you were a famous and obviously financially secure actor who supposedly had recently received death threats, would you go out BY YOURSELF at 2AM in 9 below temperatures just to get a footlong (I mean the sammich) or would you have someone else get it for you? Do ya think Jussie has never heard of Uber Eats or Door Dash? Do you think there was no other person he could have known or paid to get it for him? Furthermore, would anybody on this planet recognize a person at 2AM all bundled and covered up as he no doubt would have been in 9 below temperatures?

Sure seems like the only footlong he was out looking to get was some dangalang lol

Cops are doing a very thorough search including stores in the area that might have sold the rope, let's hope their findings are conclusive either way. I'm sure the thread title will be changed to "alleged" any day now, right?

Just like I'm sure there will be another thread started soon about the popular country musician who was murdered during a carjacking by 5 kids ages 12,13,14,15,16 of which 3 were girls - because that's a major news story, ain't it? Bigger story than a kid smirking at a guy who rushes up to him banging a drum in his face, right? rolleyes

Here's another of my fave Youtubers:

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
Reply #199 posted 02/10/19 2:48pm

CynicKill

It's interesting that people are shocked that he didn't initially want to report the crime when the results of him reporting the crime is complete disbelief from the public.

Reply #200 posted 02/10/19 3:07pm

poppys

CynicKill said:

It's interesting that people are shocked that he didn't initially want to report the crime when the results of him reporting the crime is complete disbelief from the public.

Exactly. But not from all of the public, thank goodness.

Reply #201 posted 02/10/19 3:48pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

CynicKill said:

If I have my cellphone I'm reporting it after the attack and trying to catch the bad guys. The media and people's reaction doubt he was thinking about that soon after the attack. Let me ask, if you are on the street and someone attempts murder are you gonna let it slide? Fuck that.
Reply #202 posted 02/10/19 3:49pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

CynicKill said:

nod

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #203 posted 02/10/19 3:54pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Many violent crimes do not get reported... for all sorts of reasons. And besides seeming to be a trump inspired hate crime...it may very well be a federal crime. I suspect whoever sent the letter was behind this! The fact that a rope is seen in the picture on the letter and was put around his neck sure seems to be evidence of that.

If someone is planning an attack. It is stupid to send a letter week before. Then wait outside at 2am waiting for someone to leave the house? I know when they tied to murder me is when I would only go in day time to places packed with people. I recorded everything. Screened mail with gloves. Cameras were placed in my van and all over my home. The attack could have happened but it all sounds odd. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. If someone connected to the government attacks me I'll Facebook live it.
Reply #204 posted 02/10/19 3:58pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

poppys said:

CynicKill said:

I wish they could deliver subway and pizza with drones.
Reply #205 posted 02/10/19 4:07pm

DiminutiveRock
er

^ WTF? neutral

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #206 posted 02/10/19 5:51pm

ChocolateBox31

Pokeno4Money said:

djThunderfunk said:

Thanks my friend!

Lemme ask you something. If you were a famous and obviously financially secure actor who supposedly had recently received death threats, would you go out BY YOURSELF at 2AM in 9 below temperatures just to get a footlong (I mean the sammich) or would you have someone else get it for you? Do ya think Jussie has never heard of Uber Eats or Door Dash? Do you think there was no other person he could have known or paid to get it for him? Furthermore, would anybody on this planet recognize a person at 2AM all bundled and covered up as he no doubt would have been in 9 below temperatures?

Sure seems like the only footlong he was out looking to get was some dangalang lol

Cops are doing a very thorough search including stores in the area that might have sold the rope, let's hope their findings are conclusive either way. I'm sure the thread title will be changed to "alleged" any day now, right?

Just like I'm sure there will be another thread started soon about the popular country musician who was murdered during a carjacking by 5 kids ages 12,13,14,15,16 of which 3 were girls - because that's a major news story, ain't it? Bigger story than a kid smirking at a guy who rushes up to him banging a drum in his face, right? rolleyes

Here's another of my fave Youtubers:

rolleyes

Jussie doesn't make as much from 'Empire' as U think he does.

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
Reply #207 posted 02/10/19 6:14pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

DiminutiveRocker said:

^ WTF? neutral

Who doesn't call 911 or go straight to the police when someone attempts to hang them?
Reply #208 posted 02/10/19 6:53pm

CynicKill

As to the phone issue it wouldn't be a problem for me because I'm an extremely boring person.

I have nothing incriminating on my phone but almost everyone else alive does. In that case I would not want my phone leaving my hands, especially to such a leak-heavy police force like Chicago seems to have.

That being said from what I understand he had no problem handing over phone records, which is all they need.

Reply #209 posted 02/10/19 8:09pm

2elijah

CynicKill said:

Exactly, but that’s the public/social media for you. Hopefully this thread will stay on topic as well, because it seems to be suddenly going off track.
[Edited 2/11/19 10:20am]
Page 7 of 36 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse