independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 2:38pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 36 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 01/30/19 9:06am

SuperFurryAnim
al

OldFriends4Sale said:

I'm also thinking that to throw people off their trail, because we really don't know who(what race) was under those masks as yet, throw on a MAGA hat, and people will be looking for a type.

And we know there are people trying to get a 'war' going, it is common practive to bait people into a situation that isn't what it seems.

To target Jussie, ... They have to be really familiar with the show, because he is not 'known' in such a way like 'Ellen'. This seems very specific for... Is he doing some other kinds of 'activism' that has him on the map?

Fearful a war has already started. Just like BLM era you need to look for trends with what the media and major players are pushing. Could be people with an agenda behind the incidents. Remember Russia wanted to start a race war as they believe that would be the collapse of America.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 01/30/19 10:03am

OldFriends4Sal
e

2freaky4church1 said:

Trump is a sickness that brings these scum to life.

there are a whoooole lot of black American's who don't support Empire just because of Jussie's character...

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
Reply #32 posted 01/30/19 10:13am

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I'm also thinking that to throw people off their trail, because we really don't know who(what race) was under those masks as yet, throw on a MAGA hat, and people will be looking for a type.

And we know there are people trying to get a 'war' going, it is common practive to bait people into a situation that isn't what it seems.

To target Jussie, ... They have to be really familiar with the show, because he is not 'known' in such a way like 'Ellen'. This seems very specific for... Is he doing some other kinds of 'activism' that has him on the map?

Fearful a war has already started. Just like BLM era you need to look for trends with what the media and major players are pushing. Could be people with an agenda behind the incidents. Remember Russia wanted to start a race war as they believe that would be the collapse of America.

Lynchings. Church bombings. Water hoses. Separate entrances. Separate drinking fountains."No Coloreds Allowed" communities. Discrimination and hatred and harrassment for decades. PAY ATTENTION for fuck's sake and fuck these pigs for beating up Jussie. Stop trying to explain it away.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #33 posted 01/30/19 11:26am

DiminutiveRock
er

OldFriends4Sale said:

2freaky4church1 said:

there are a whoooole lot of black American's who don't support Empire just because of Jussie's character...

And they probably voted for Trump.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #34 posted 01/30/19 11:38am

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

2freaky4church1 said:

I doubt they voted for trump. Right now no one knows who attacked Jussie, but he is getting a lot of support from many in the Black community. However, every racial and religious group has a segment within their population, who hold biases against the LGBT community. Usually out of their own ignorance, fears and beliefs.

According to his bio, he’s “a social activist social activist who stands for the rights of LGBT’s, HIV victims and opposes racism.” He is the sister of actress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell. His father is Ashkenazi Jewish and his mother is African-American.
[Edited 1/30/19 22:38pm]
Rest in Power Elijah Cummings. Thank you for your fight for human rights/justice. Your legacy will never die in vain.
Reply #35 posted 01/30/19 11:44am

MoBettaBliss

this is so messed up

Reply #36 posted 01/30/19 11:50am

OldFriends4Sal
e

DiminutiveRocker said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

or not, the issue of homophobia is beyond and before that

In
Reply #37 posted 01/30/19 11:53am

OldFriends4Sal
e

13cjk13 said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

OldFriends4Sale said: Fearful a war has already started. Just like BLM era you need to look for trends with what the media and major players are pushing. Could be people with an agenda behind the incidents. Remember Russia wanted to start a race war as they believe that would be the collapse of America.

Lynchings. Church bombings. Water hoses. Separate entrances. Separate drinking fountains."No Coloreds Allowed" communities. Discrimination and hatred and harrassment for decades. PAY ATTENTION for fuck's sake and fuck these pigs for beating up Jussie. Stop trying to explain it away.

how about you the F calm down

I knew you would respond this way according to your post #4

don't enter a thead looking to be combative

This is not explaining anything away, I'm talking about not leaving any stone unturned, because we don't know who was behind those masks.

but calm down, for real, being combative isn't going to help here.

In
Reply #38 posted 01/30/19 12:09pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

Jussie Smollett’s L.A. Concert Still on Following Attack as 'Empire' Halts Production Over Severe Weather

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/jussie-smolletts-la-concert-still-on-following-attack-as-empire-halts-production-over-severe-weather/ar-BBSVYXR?fbclid=IwAR1PeInpzc-ygKY7RsJ6aiUcb2s0KoI_IFyUmHrx3W7sA8PCi7MwvCDc7KA

Jussie Smollett wearing a black shirt

Despite his hospitalization after being attacked in an alleged hate crime, Empire star Jussie Smollett's upcoming concert in Los Angeles is still set to go on as planned.

Smollett was the victim of an apparent homophobic and racist attack in Chicago on Tuesday morning, according to the Chicago Police Department. Smollett was reportedly walking down the street when two men started yelling racial and homophobic slurs at him, before repeatedly hitting him and allegedly putting a noose around his neck.

In spite of the horrifying nature of the incident, the actor and musician is still scheduled to perform live at the famed West Hollywood venue the Troubadour on Saturday. ET reached out to the venue, who confirmed that their calendar -- which includes the performance -- is current and updated.

Paul Kacik of the concert booking company Sean Healy Presents told The Los Angeles Times that they are "going on with the show as far as we know, until we hear anything different."

Meanwhile, production on Smollett's Fox drama Empire has been temporarily shut down, but the halt is not related to the attack. Instead, the show is one of multiple programs filmed in Chicago -- including Proven Innocent -- that have stopped production due to extreme weather conditions.

ET has learned that FOX provided counselors to the cast and crew of Empire to talk about the incident with Smollett and to answer any questions.

Additionally, ET learned that Smollett and the rest of the cast will have armed security going forward as Fox has stepped up security for members of production after a threatening letter was received.

A source told ET that, during the attack, the actor "tried to protect himself and at one point the men poured a substance on him believed to be bleach and one of the guys put a rope around his neck."

"After some time the men fled the scene and Jussie went to the hospital," the source said. "Jussie is mostly physically OK with some scrapes and bruises, but he’s more emotionally shook up."

According to police, Smollett was self-transported to Northwestern Hospital following the attack and is in good condition. Chicago Police Department spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi told ET in a statement that an investigation is currently underway, and they are "treating it as a possible hate crime."

"Overnight, the Chicago Police Department received a report of a possible racially-charged assault and battery involving a cast member of the television show Empire," the statement reads. "Given the severity of the allegations, we are taking this investigation very seriously and treating it as a possible hate crime. Detectives are currently working to gather video, identify potential witnesses and establish an investigative timeline. The victim is fully cooperating with investigators and we ask anyone with information about this incident to contact Area Central Detectives at 312-747-8382 or report it anonymously to www.cpdtip.com."

On Tuesday evening, Guglielmi announced on Twitter that police have "expanded the search area for cameras to be able to provide photos of the alleged assailants in this attack."

Guglielmi added that, thus far, "No video of the alleged assailants or a vehicle has been discovered but we are continuing to broaden our search."

In
Reply #39 posted 01/30/19 2:00pm

Dauphin

-20 in Chi and people running around with bleach and nooses? Wtf?!?!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

Reply #40 posted 01/30/19 2:48pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

I doubt they voted for trump. Right now no one knows who attacked Jussie, but he is getting a lot of support from many in the Black community. However, every racial and religious group had a segment within their population, who hold biases against the LGBT community. Usually out of their own ignorance, fears and beliefs. According to his bio, he’s “a social activist social activist who stands for the rights of LGBT’s, HIV victims and opposes racism.” He is the sister of actress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell. His father is Ashkenazi Jewish and his mother is African-American. [Edited 1/30/19 11:54am]

Well, whoever did this I hope they are brought to justice. He will keep his performance date in LA this week. He will be fully supported and welcomed - lots of heart for him in LA!

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #41 posted 01/30/19 3:09pm

OnlyNDaUsa

2freaky4church1 said:

I suspect you are correct but just not in the way you think...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #42 posted 01/30/19 3:13pm

OnlyNDaUsa

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said: I doubt they voted for trump. Right now no one knows who attacked Jussie, but he is getting a lot of support from many in the Black community. However, every racial and religious group had a segment within their population, who hold biases against the LGBT community. Usually out of their own ignorance, fears and beliefs. According to his bio, he’s “a social activist social activist who stands for the rights of LGBT’s, HIV victims and opposes racism.” He is the sister of actress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell. His father is Ashkenazi Jewish and his mother is African-American. [Edited 1/30/19 11:54am]

Well, whoever did this I hope they are brought to justice. He will keep his performance date in LA this week. He will be fully supported and welcomed - lots of heart for him in LA!

I agree 100%... I hope whoever is behind this event sees the max criminal penalty... I hope he recovers fast...

Like I said I am sure the police will find out who is behind this... all of it... Like some have said I believe it was inspired by trump...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #43 posted 01/30/19 3:16pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

https://www.msn.com/en-us...spartanntp

More details are coming to light about the attack Jussie Smollett suffered early Tuesday morning in Chicago.

A source previously told ET that the Empire star was walking when two men started yelling racial and homophobic slurs at him, before repeatedly hitting him. According to the source, the men then poured a substance on him believed to be bleach and one of the attackers put a rope around his neck.

ET has now learned that Smollett was then taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital by his manager.

A spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department also tells ET that Smollett still had the rope around his neck when he made contact with officers at 2:42 a.m. on Tuesday. The spokesperson says that Smollett told detectives in a follow-up interview late Tuesday afternoon that his two attackers yelled, “MAGA country” to him during the attack.

The police spokesperson says the department is currently “utilizing resources to investigate [this case] thoroughly." According to authorities, detectives continue to look at city and privately owned surveillance footage that was recorded in the area where the attack happened.

Meanwhile, an eyewitness tells ET that Smollett visited a Subway fast food restaurant alone early Tuesday morning before the attack, ordered a sub and a salad, and left around 2:15 a.m.

An employee at the Subway restaurant not far from where Smoll

ett was attacked previously told ET that Chicago Police came to the fast food restaurant early Tuesday afternoon looking to review surveillance footage. The Subway location is about a four to five-minute walk from the Loews Hotel where Smollett was reportedly staying.

As for how Smollett is doing following the attack, a source tells ET that the 35-year-old actor -- who has received an outpouring of support from his Empire castmates as well as other celebs -- is "thankful to be alive."

“Jussie is surrounded by family and friends and is thankful to be alive,” the source says. “Jussie is a fighter and will come out of this stronger.”

In
Reply #44 posted 01/30/19 3:22pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

Dauphin said:

I believe this happened 2:30am (Sunday into Monday) @ midnight it was 25hi/10lo degrees by 6am it was 36 degrees so looks like a warm up

In
Reply #45 posted 01/30/19 3:45pm

poppys

NBC Nightly News - Potential persons of interest sought by Chicago police. There is some footage of Smollet from Subway but they're not saying what.

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #46 posted 01/30/19 3:48pm

DiminutiveRock
er

SOLD OUT! smile

Jussie Smollett

Sat Feb 2 2019

9:00 PM (Doors 8:00 PM)

Troubadour

9081 Santa Monica BlvdWest Hollywood, CA 90069
All Ages
Reply #47 posted 01/30/19 3:54pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

SOLD OUT! smile

Jussie Smollett

Sat Feb 2 2019

Troubadour

All Ages

clapping

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #48 posted 01/30/19 4:16pm

Dauphin

OldFriends4Sale said:

Dauphin said:

I believe this happened 2:30am (Sunday into Monday) @ midnight it was 25hi/10lo degrees by 6am it was 36 degrees so looks like a warm up

These have to be stalkers. The details make no sense for a random attack. Need some justice here.

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

Reply #49 posted 01/30/19 4:18pm

ChocolateBox31

‪Chicago PD Seeking ‘Persons of Interest’ in Jussie Smollett Attack; Manager Was on Phone During Incident

UPDATED: The Chicago Police Department has released two images from surveillance video of “potential persons of interest” in the alleged attack of “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.

“Photos of people of interest who were in area of the alleged assault & battery of Empire cast member,” the Chicago PD’s chief communications officer tweeted alongside the photos. “While video does not capture an encounter, detectives are taking this development seriously & wish to question individuals as more cameras are being reviewed.”

Smollett’s music manager also confirmed that he was on the phone with the actor at the time he was attacked in Chicago early on Tuesday morning, and that he heard some of what transpired.

Brandon Z. Moore, who represents Smollett, told Variety that he gave his account to police authorities, but declined to go into details because it is an active investigation.

Moore told Variety that he heard those words being used. “I heard that clearly. I heard the scuffle and I heard the racial slur,” he said

https://variety.com/2019/...1203124128
[Edited 1/30/19 18:43pm]
"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances." prince AMA's 1985
“When eye say, ‘eye own “Purple Rain,” eye sound like Kanye.” He paused.“Who eye consider a friend.”
Reply #50 posted 01/30/19 4:20pm

OnlyNDaUsa

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Chicago police confirm surveillance video in homophobic, racist assault of 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett.

makes me wonder if they knew where some or most of the cameras were and were able to avoid them?

Reply #51 posted 01/30/19 4:37pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Chicago police confirm surveillance video in homophobic, racist assault of 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett.

Chicago police said late Wednesday that detectives have found video footage of suspects who allegedly attacked “Empire” star Jussie Smollett.
Spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said that potential people of interest were seen on the surveillance video and photos of the suspects are expected soon.
[Edited 1/30/19 16:24pm]

LE have video of "persons of interest" in the vicinity of when the alleged attack happened but no video of the attack.
Reply #52 posted 01/30/19 4:43pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

OnlyNDaUsa said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

makes me wonder if they knew where some or most of the cameras were and were able to avoid them?

I'm guessing they are using AI database to solve the crime. If it is a stalker I'm sure they can narrow down where those potential people reside they likely travelled to Chicago area then focus it down with any video. They had to know from his social media presence where he was and AI can piece all of it together relatively quickly. Technology they haven't told us about.
Reply #53 posted 01/30/19 4:49pm

OnlyNDaUsa

SuperFurryAnimal said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I'm guessing they are using AI database to solve the crime. If it is a stalker I'm sure they can narrow down where those potential people reside they likely travelled to Chicago area then focus it down with any video. They had to know from his social media presence where he was and AI can piece all of it together relatively quickly. Technology they haven't told us about.

I am not sure about all of that but yeah they will work out the truth and I am ready to accept it as I am sure everyone here is as well.

Reply #54 posted 01/30/19 5:00pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

OnlyNDaUsa said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I am not sure about all of that but yeah they will work out the truth and I am ready to accept it as I am sure everyone here is as well.

They have video of someone buying bleach at the dollar store according to sources.
Reply #55 posted 01/30/19 5:53pm

OnlyNDaUsa

SuperFurryAnimal said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

They have video of someone buying bleach at the dollar store according to sources.

yup... expect a big announcement if not arrest(s) by the end of the weekend....

Reply #56 posted 01/30/19 10:43pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

SOLD OUT! smile

Jussie Smollett

Sat Feb 2 2019

Troubadour

All Ages

Good for Jussie. I’m sure he will have heavy security. He should not allow those cowards to stop him. Eventually with today’s technology they will catch the guys that attacked him. The fact that they took a lot of effort to buy a bottle of bleach to throw on him, shows how much hate they have. It’s like a page out of the early 1900’s days of Jim Crow/segregation. Hope they catch them before they do it to someone else.
[Edited 1/31/19 9:09am]
Rest in Power Elijah Cummings. Thank you for your fight for human rights/justice. Your legacy will never die in vain.
Reply #57 posted 01/30/19 11:14pm

benni

SuperFurryAnimal said:

It is "political anger crime" some MAGA supporters were mad about this video. I can't imagine what War will break out if Mueller goes after Trump.

THAT was a powerful video. How anyone could be mad over that video and attack another human being, I'll never know. The only thing that anyone could be mad about with that video, is that it is the truth, and those things are happening.

No, what happened to Jussie was a hate crime, plain and simple. "How dare he step outside his "place" and make a comment and point out the hate in this world." They hate him because he's gay and they hate him because he's black. But they despise him because he's both. Do not call this anything other than what it is....HATE. And it is time that this hate is ended. This is the only damn world that we have and we have to live on this planet together, or we'll die on this planet together. But hating another human being, simply because of the color of their skin, or because of who they choose to love, has no room on this planet. We can't afford to keep giving this hate voice and action, because some incredible people are being damaged by it, and because it is hurting our society. I'm sick of it! I'm just sick at heart of the hate, the disparaging comments against people because they are somehow "different', when the truth be told, in all the ways that matter, we are all the same.

Reply #58 posted 01/31/19 4:11am

JorisE73

OldFriends4Sale said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Let's hope it's not some sort of 'false flag' type of situation of people pretending to be MAGA/Trump supporters and use him as some sort of political tool.

Reply #59 posted 01/31/19 5:23am

SuperFurryAnim
al

benni said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

It is "political anger crime" some MAGA supporters were mad about this video. I can't imagine what War will break out if Mueller goes after Trump.

THAT was a powerful video. How anyone could be mad over that video and attack another human being, I'll never know. The only thing that anyone could be mad about with that video, is that it is the truth, and those things are happening.

No, what happened to Jussie was a hate crime, plain and simple. "How dare he step outside his "place" and make a comment and point out the hate in this world." They hate him because he's gay and they hate him because he's black. But they despise him because he's both. Do not call this anything other than what it is....HATE. And it is time that this hate is ended. This is the only damn world that we have and we have to live on this planet together, or we'll die on this planet together. But hating another human being, simply because of the color of their skin, or because of who they choose to love, has no room on this planet. We can't afford to keep giving this hate voice and action, because some incredible people are being damaged by it, and because it is hurting our society. I'm sick of it! I'm just sick at heart of the hate, the disparaging comments against people because they are somehow "different', when the truth be told, in all the ways that matter, we are all the same.

I think some were mad about the part Trump's face was run over in the video? The mask! I forgot about this video but it was same week as SnoopDoggs controversial video it just looked like a publicity stunt. People were complaining if someone did that to Obama they would be instalabeled racist and would have gotten a visit from the FBI like Ted got. I always said you can't fight hate with hate, that's like using darkness to counter darkness. So I don't like the message all the way, and codemn attacking others if it be this gay actor or Alex Jones. Only violence in self defense.
Page 2 of 36 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse