independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th May 2019 4:04pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 11 of 36 « First<789101112131415>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #300 posted 02/15/19 3:37am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

They didn't wear MAGA hats that was confirmed long ago. Did they say "this is MAGA country?"



It's hard to believe anybody would be stupid enough to think two supposed white redneck racist homophobes would be at all familiar with the Empire show, or recognize Jussie and know that he is on the show. Before the alleged attack, nobody had a clue who Jussie was unless they watched Empire. Just another aspect of the alleged attack that made no sense whatsoever. rolleyes

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #301 posted 02/15/19 4:04am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

It is interesting how the media on both sides plays this. On one a very generic statement such as "if he made it up we will pursue charges", which would be made in any case, is used by some outlets as evidence that the police think he did lie.

And on the other hand, some are using the phrase “unconfirmed by case detectives" as proof that he did not make up the attack. Or some aspect of it or that there is not more to the story that what he has said.

But now we are hearing that one of the two people in the photo, who he said were the two, who he said he could ID apparently knew him, are apparently not white, and just happened to be flying out of the country for a couple of weeks the day of the event.

"Democratic Socialism" just 2 words
But if Sanders gets elected be the only words heard...
...
Be happy Ur Not in the RED (Yet)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #302 posted 02/15/19 5:13am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Flying out of the country soon after the attack. Random?? lol
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #303 posted 02/15/19 5:40am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

SNIP - Of4$

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #304 posted 02/15/19 5:44am

poppys

^^ WTF??? Well, I guess it's not any more insane than the usual P&R trolls. This thread is ruined anyway.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #305 posted 02/15/19 6:18am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

^^ WTF??? Well, I guess it's not any more insane than the usual P&R trolls. This thread is ruined anyway.



What Jussie and CPD has confirmed so far:

So far CPD confirmed the attack was not a hoax, so I’m going with what they’ve investigated so far. CPD has also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Jussie’s account of the incident isn’t genuine. Jussie confirmed in his report with COD and in the Robin Roberts interview ‘This MAGA country n****r’ and that they made homophobic comments to him. (see article re: Robin Roberts interview with Jussie in reply #249)

CPD has confirmed they are questioning two Nigerian brothers, however CPD has not confirmed them as ‘suspects’ yet.
[Edited 2/15/19 6:42am]
The abortion ban issue...any relation to 2045?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #306 posted 02/15/19 7:40am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

poppys said:

^^ WTF??? Well, I guess it's not any more insane than the usual P&R trolls. This thread is ruined anyway.

What Jussie and CPD has confirmed so far: So far CPD confirmed the attack was not a hoax, so I’m going with what they’ve investigated so far. CPD has also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Jussie’s account of the incident isn’t genuine. Jussie confirmed in his report with COD and in the Robin Roberts interview ‘This MAGA country n****r’ and that they made homophobic comments to him. (see article re: Robin Roberts interview with Jussie in reply #249) CPD has confirmed they are questioning two Nigerian brothers, however CPD has not confirmed them as ‘suspects’ yet. [Edited 2/15/19 6:42am]




What is causing people to disbelieve Jussie? That he is a black gay man so he must be ling? I don't get it.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #307 posted 02/15/19 7:48am

13cjk13

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

poppys said: What Jussie and CPD has confirmed so far: So far CPD confirmed the attack was not a hoax, so I’m going with what they’ve investigated so far. CPD has also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Jussie’s account of the incident isn’t genuine. Jussie confirmed in his report with COD and in the Robin Roberts interview ‘This MAGA country n****r’ and that they made homophobic comments to him. (see article re: Robin Roberts interview with Jussie in reply #249) CPD has confirmed they are questioning two Nigerian brothers, however CPD has not confirmed them as ‘suspects’ yet. [Edited 2/15/19 6:42am]




What is causing people to disbelieve Jussie? That he is a black gay man so he must be ling? I don't get it.

They just hate anyone that challenges their imagined white superiority.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #308 posted 02/15/19 8:02am

damosuzuki

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

poppys said: What Jussie and CPD has confirmed so far: So far CPD confirmed the attack was not a hoax, so I’m going with what they’ve investigated so far. CPD has also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Jussie’s account of the incident isn’t genuine. Jussie confirmed in his report with COD and in the Robin Roberts interview ‘This MAGA country n****r’ and that they made homophobic comments to him. (see article re: Robin Roberts interview with Jussie in reply #249) CPD has confirmed they are questioning two Nigerian brothers, however CPD has not confirmed them as ‘suspects’ yet. [Edited 2/15/19 6:42am]




What is causing people to disbelieve Jussie? That he is a black gay man so he must be ling? I don't get it.

with the stipulation that everybody ought to holster their weapons, cool their heels & wait for the actual facts, i will say that the story as it initially appeared - hate attack in -20 weather, guys yelling maga country in chicago - sounded like complete balderdash to me.

as i understand the current reports, the cpd have identified two nigerian brothers as people of interest in the case, at least one of whom has appeared as an extra on smollett's show - that has apparently been confirmed by the family.

if this turns out to be anything other than complete bullshit, i will come back here and admit my error, but everything about it has set off my bs detector from day one, and everything that's come out has supported that rather than disputed it. i think it seems hugely, enormously likely this is some sort of odd scheme involving smollett, and the possibility this is a hate crime by white trump supporters is vanishingly small. i'll lay my stakes on that, and if i'm wrong, i'll happily say so!

[Edited 2/15/19 8:07am]

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

http://www.thelifeyoucansave.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #309 posted 02/15/19 8:05am

CynicKill

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

poppys said: What Jussie and CPD has confirmed so far: So far CPD confirmed the attack was not a hoax, so I’m going with what they’ve investigated so far. CPD has also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Jussie’s account of the incident isn’t genuine. Jussie confirmed in his report with COD and in the Robin Roberts interview ‘This MAGA country n****r’ and that they made homophobic comments to him. (see article re: Robin Roberts interview with Jussie in reply #249) CPD has confirmed they are questioning two Nigerian brothers, however CPD has not confirmed them as ‘suspects’ yet. [Edited 2/15/19 6:42am]




What is causing people to disbelieve Jussie? That he is a black gay man so he must be ling? I don't get it.

Just an aside:

Someone did suggest if it were Neil Patrick Harris or Andy Cohen no one would be questioning the validity of the reports.

Even black youtube is in an anti-jussie frenzy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #310 posted 02/15/19 8:12am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

CynicKill said:

DiminutiveRocker said:




What is causing people to disbelieve Jussie? That he is a black gay man so he must be ling? I don't get it.

Just an aside:

Someone did suggest if it were Neil Patrick Harris or Andy Cohen no one would be questioning the validity of the reports.

Even black youtube is in an anti-jussie frenzy.


Interesting point. hmmm

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #311 posted 02/15/19 8:39am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


poppys said:

^^ WTF??? Well, I guess it's not any more insane than the usual P&R trolls. This thread is ruined anyway.



What Jussie and CPD has confirmed so far: So far CPD confirmed the attack was not a hoax, so I’m going with what they’ve investigated so far. CPD has also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Jussie’s account of the incident isn’t genuine. Jussie confirmed in his report with COD and in the Robin Roberts interview ‘This MAGA country n****r’ and that they made homophobic comments to him. (see article re: Robin Roberts interview with Jussie in reply #249) CPD has confirmed they are questioning two Nigerian brothers, however CPD has not confirmed them as ‘suspects’ yet. [Edited 2/15/19 6:42am]




What is causing people to disbelieve Jussie? That he is a black gay man so he must be ling? I don't get it.


To be honest, it’s a shame he has to prove he was attack and some asswipes calling him a liar. I’m beginning to believe others’ that if he was Neil Oatrick Harris, he wouldn’t be treated that way by the same type of folks, doing that to Jussie.

It’s a variety of folks, many on youtube taking advantage of the incident to get more subscribers and likes, and those on other social media sites, who enjoy sensationalism, gossip, and getting more folks to follow them. Then there are those who don’t like to hear the truth about racial and homophobic attacks, so will try to downplay it, and turn on the victim, and the ones who were pushed off at Jusdie’s vid commenting on trump. They don’t really care that he was attacked, because right now many of them are fixated on calling him a liar.

Even if CPD find the guys, those same folks will still throw their disrespect towards him, including those who had an issue with his vid, and comments he made against trump. Let’s see if those same folks will go after John Legend for his vid on police brutality, and showing migrant children detained.
[Edited 2/15/19 8:58am]
The abortion ban issue...any relation to 2045?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #312 posted 02/15/19 9:14am

poppys

It appears the hate being spewed in this country has come to a pinnacle around a black gay artist who had a crime committed against him. Poor kid is now the IT target. disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #313 posted 02/15/19 9:23am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

poppys said:

It appears the hate being spewed in this country has come to a pinnacle around a black gay artist who had a crime committed against him. Poor kid is now the IT target. disbelief



Three things happened.
1. Covington MAGA hats.
2. MAGA hat attacks BBC reporter.
3. Jussie attacked by racists yelling "MAGA country!" Identify them as white.

1. Didn't turn out to be what media portrayed.
2. Bird dogging incident. The man in MAGA hat hated Trump.
3. Don't have to rehash.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #314 posted 02/15/19 9:26am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


poppys said:

^^ WTF??? Well, I guess it's not any more insane than the usual P&R trolls. This thread is ruined anyway.



What Jussie and CPD has confirmed so far: So far CPD confirmed the attack was not a hoax, so I’m going with what they’ve investigated so far. CPD has also confirmed that they have no reason to believe that Jussie’s account of the incident isn’t genuine. Jussie confirmed in his report with COD and in the Robin Roberts interview ‘This MAGA country n****r’ and that they made homophobic comments to him. (see article re: Robin Roberts interview with Jussie in reply #249) CPD has confirmed they are questioning two Nigerian brothers, however CPD has not confirmed them as ‘suspects’ yet. [Edited 2/15/19 6:42am]




What is causing people to disbelieve Jussie? That he is a black gay man so he must be ling? I don't get it.



After Covington and the bird dogging incident. People are going to be questioning what MAGA hat agenda the media pushes.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #315 posted 02/15/19 9:28am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

It is interesting how the media on both sides plays this. On one a very generic statement such as "if he made it up we will pursue charges", which would be made in any case, is used by some outlets as evidence that the police think he did lie.

And on the other hand, some are using the phrase “unconfirmed by case detectives" as proof that he did not make up the attack. Or some aspect of it or that there is not more to the story that what he has said.

But now we are hearing that one of the two people in the photo, who he said were the two, who he said he could ID apparently knew him, are apparently not white, and just happened to be flying out of the country for a couple of weeks the day of the event.



It is being reported that Jussie worked out with the two attackers at the gym often. Charges to be filed possibly later today.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #316 posted 02/15/19 10:05am

2elijah

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:

seems like a wait and see thing for now



Latest updates from 2 sources: At least we know for sure that Jussie did not lie that he was attacked. Now we just have to wait and see if the CPD officially ‘confirm’ if these were the two men that attacked Jussie.



https://www.google.com/ur...0201507390


Police say 2 brothers being questioned in reported Jussie Smollett attack are now 'potential suspects'

2/15/19

Annie Sweeney, Jeremy Gorner, Tracy Swartz
Chicago Tribune

”In an unusual statement, Chicago police said Friday that the two brothers being questioned about a reported attack on “Empire” star Jussie Smollett are now "potential suspects," and detectives have "probable cause" that they may have committed a crime.

The statement, tweeted by police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, did not say what charges the brothers, both in their 20s, could face. On Thursday, police were describing them only as “persons of interest” and Guglielmi emphasized then that they were not suspects.”


*****

https://www.google.com/ur...0540137209


From: The Cut

Two Men Questioned in Jussie Smollett Attack Now Officially Considered Suspects

2/15/19
By Ella Cerón

“Jussie Smollett. Photo: Getty Images
On Monday, January 28, two unidentified men attacked Empire actor Jussie Smollett in Chicago, yelling racist and homophobic slurs at him, pouring an unidentified chemical substance on his body, and putting his head in a noose. After the attack, the actor got himself to a hospital, where he was declared “in good condition.” On January 29, the Chicago Police Department released a security-camera image of two “potential persons of interest” who were seen in the area of the attack, which they were investigating as a hate crime.

Now, police say they have identified two persons of interest using “advance technology, interviews with the victim and witnesses and transportation records,” per an email obtained by CBS News. Authorities did not say whether those persons of interest were the same people seen on the security camera footage, nor did they release their names. On Friday, February 15, the AP reported that CPD had taken two men into custody; they are officially being considered as suspects, an update from chief communications officer Anthony Guglielmi’s update on Thursday.
[Edited 2/15/19 10:16am]
The abortion ban issue...any relation to 2045?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #317 posted 02/15/19 10:27am

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:

It appears the hate being spewed in this country has come to a pinnacle around a black gay artist who had a crime committed against him. Poor kid is now the IT target. disbelief

Three things happened. 1. Covington MAGA hats. 2. MAGA hat attacks BBC reporter. 3. Jussie attacked by racists yelling "MAGA country!" Identify them as white. 1. Didn't turn out to be what media portrayed. 2. Bird dogging incident. The man in MAGA hat hated Trump. 3. Don't have to rehash.

1. Disrepectful, priveleged assholes with MAGA hats on and smirks on their faces, chanting racist bullshit at a Native American.

2. A crazy lie you just made up, based on some Breitbart or Newsmax bullshit.

3. nuts

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #318 posted 02/15/19 11:01am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

They arrested the two men.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #319 posted 02/15/19 11:02am

djThunderfunk

avatar

13cjk13 said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

1. Covington MAGA hats.

1. Disrepectful, priveleged assholes with MAGA hats on and smirks on their faces, chanting racist bullshit at a Native American.


Bullshit.

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #320 posted 02/15/19 11:06am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

So is it still a hate crime?! Could be terrorists! Far from white boys yelling MAGA insults either way motives or connection.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #321 posted 02/15/19 11:33am

13cjk13

djThunderfunk said:

13cjk13 said:

1. Disrepectful, priveleged assholes with MAGA hats on and smirks on their faces, chanting racist bullshit at a Native American.


Bullshit.

Not bullshit.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #322 posted 02/15/19 12:10pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

All tis speculation rolleyes - listen to the CPD and wait until the investigation is done.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #323 posted 02/15/19 12:18pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

All tis speculation rolleyes - listen to the CPD and wait until the investigation is done.



Arrests made. Jussie followed them on Instagram. They have pictures of the two men on TMZ.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #324 posted 02/15/19 12:19pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

13cjk13 said:

djThunderfunk said:


Bullshit.

Not bullshit.


Absolutely bullshit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2...ation.html




"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #325 posted 02/15/19 12:21pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Jussie deleted all his Twitter posts about the incident today?
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #326 posted 02/15/19 12:36pm

2elijah

avatar

https://www.google.com/ur...9170390864


Two suspects arrested in connection to the attack of 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett


By Dakin Andone and Ryan Young, CNN
Updated 2:39 PM EST, Fri February 15, 2019


“Two men have been arrested in connection to an attack reported by "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, the Chicago Police Department said Friday.

The men arrested were the same men that police previously said were being viewed as "potential suspects," according to Tom Ahern, Chicago police communications deputy director.

The men, who police said were arrested Wednesday, have not been charged.

Earlier Friday, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said two Nigerian brothers were being treated as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."

Police did not say at that time precisely what the brothers were accused of or what the alleged crime might have been.

Interrogations will resume today with the two individuals and their attorney," Guglielmi said in Friday's statement. "While we haven't found any video documenting the alleged attack, there is also no evidence to say that this is a hoax."

"The alleged victim is being cooperative at this time and continues to be treated as a victim, not a suspect," he added.

[Edited 2/15/19 12:37pm]
The abortion ban issue...any relation to 2045?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #327 posted 02/15/19 12:45pm

YESWECAN

2elijah said:

https://www.google.com/ur...9170390864 Two suspects arrested in connection to the attack of 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett By Dakin Andone and Ryan Young, CNN Updated 2:39 PM EST, Fri February 15, 2019 “Two men have been arrested in connection to an attack reported by "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, the Chicago Police Department said Friday. The men arrested were the same men that police previously said were being viewed as "potential suspects," according to Tom Ahern, Chicago police communications deputy director. The men, who police said were arrested Wednesday, have not been charged. Earlier Friday, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said two Nigerian brothers were being treated as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime." Police did not say at that time precisely what the brothers were accused of or what the alleged crime might have been. Interrogations will resume today with the two individuals and their attorney," Guglielmi said in Friday's statement. "While we haven't found any video documenting the alleged attack, there is also no evidence to say that this is a hoax." "The alleged victim is being cooperative at this time and continues to be treated as a victim, not a suspect," he added. [Edited 2/15/19 12:37pm]

Thank you for the update. Hopefully, they'll get to the bottom of it soon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #328 posted 02/15/19 12:47pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Thread title: ‘Empire’ Actor Jussie Smollett Hospitalized After Homophobic Attack

Let's keep the thread on track. It is getting derailed. Thanks biggrin

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #329 posted 02/15/19 12:50pm

13cjk13

djThunderfunk said:

13cjk13 said:

Not bullshit.


Absolutely bullshit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2...ation.html




Alternative facts.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 11 of 36 « First<789101112131415>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse