independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 18th Aug 2019 4:43am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 10 of 36 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #270 posted 02/14/19 4:33pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

LE INVESTIGATING IF ATTACK WAS STAGED! ALL OVER THE NEWS.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #271 posted 02/14/19 4:35pm

Pokeno4Money

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/police-investigating-alternate-theory-smollett-attack-was-potentially-staged-report-1186971

Police Investigating Alternate Theory in Jussie Smollett Case, Looking Into If Attack Was Staged (Report)

Chicago media outlets are reporting that persons of interest in Smollett case may have been involved in staging the 'Empire' star's attack.

Police are investigating an alternate theory in the attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett, and looking into whether it was "potentially staged," ABC Chicago reported Thursday.

"Multiple sources tell @ABC7Chicago Eyewitness News Jussie Smollet and the 2 men who are being questioned by police staged the attack - allegedly because his character was being written out of the show Empire," the network's reporter Rob Elgas tweeted.

This news also comes after a report by CBS Chicago said the police raided the home of two persons of interest in the attack on Wednesday night. The local news outlet reports that both men are of Nigerian descent and have appeared as extras on the show.

CBS Chicago reporter Charles De Mar tweeted on Thursday that he "asked family why they think police picked the two brothers up for questioning and they replied by saying the men left for #Nigeria the day of the attack."

The report also claims that police took bleach, shoes, electronics and other items from the home and that Smollett was questioned on Thursday as well.

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
Reply #272 posted 02/14/19 4:47pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

2elijah said:

YESWECAN said:

2elijah said:

So many questions: The attack had to be well planned, and they must have had some connection from another source to know he would be in Chicago. We know a few days earlier he received threatening letters, one with white powder that turned out to be aspirin, according to investigators. What’s strange is, according to reports, the attackers were equipped and ready with bleach and a rope at 2 am in the morning. How did they know he would leave the hotel at all that night? Were they just waiting for him to leave the hotel? When he tweeted from his plane, that he was on his way to Chicago, could that be how his attackers knew he would be in Chicago? They may have been followers of his tweets. Did he tweet what hotel he was at that day? Did he tweet he would be leaving the hotel to get food? Could that be how his attackers knew he would leave the hotel, and waited to attack him? Did they stake out exactly what area they wanted to do the attack, by knowing where they attacked him, there would be no cameras to record the attack? Who knows, but it will be interesting if the investigators find his attackers, and we find out how his attackers were able to pull this off. [Edited 2/1/19 6:15am]

Thanks for more info.

This is part of the reason the story didn't add up. The narrative that there happened to be two white guys randomly attacking a black guy street with the bleach and a rope was odd.

Police confirmed they did find a rope on his neck and a liquid was on his skin, that was later confirmed as ‘bleach. So that part has been confirmed by investigators. Jussie also confirmed during the 2nd police interview, and so did his friend who was on the phone with him, when the attack happened, that both said the attackers said “This is MAGA country.”
[Edited 2/1/19 10:18am]

Jussie will change his story to they said "This is MAGA country! Were going to Nigeria!"
Reply #273 posted 02/14/19 4:48pm

Pokeno4Money

One of the first famous people to possibly throw shade was singer Erykah Badu.

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

Reply #274 posted 02/14/19 4:51pm

poppys

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:

Oh God, I miss jjhunsecker.

Was jj an extra on Empire?

No , he was an actual intelligent P&R contributor, not a ranting raving trolling "character".

Reply #275 posted 02/14/19 4:54pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

poppys said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:

Was jj an extra on Empire?

No , he was an actual intelligent P&R contributor, not a ranting raving trolling "character".

The J didn't stand for Jussie is what you mean?
Reply #276 posted 02/14/19 4:54pm

Pokeno4Money

poppys said:

No , he was an actual intelligent P&R contributor, not a ranting raving trolling "character"

That's an OFFTOPIC POST.

Subject is Jussie Smollett potentially accusing Nigerian fellow Empire castmembers of being white redneck homophobic racist MAGA supporters because Jussie was supposedly about to be written off the show and because he is an unhinged radical liberal who has publicly expressed his over-the-top hatred of Trump and all Trump supporters.

[Edited 2/14/19 17:02pm]

Reply #277 posted 02/14/19 5:03pm

13cjk13

poppys said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said: Was jj an extra on Empire?

Increasingly rare around here, I might add.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #278 posted 02/14/19 5:09pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

13cjk13 said:

poppys said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Increasingly rare around here, I might add.

I feel safe going to Subway now that the Nigerian MAGA Empire extras are off the street. Happy Valentines day to you 13.
Reply #279 posted 02/14/19 5:14pm

DiminutiveRock
er

poppys said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

^ Exactly. nod

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #280 posted 02/14/19 5:18pm

DiminutiveRock
er

In a sitdown interview that aired on Good Morning America on Thursday, Smollett addressed rumors about the incident, and said that he fought back against his attackers.

"For me, the main thing was the idea that I somehow switched up my story, you know? And that somehow maybe I added a little extra trinket, you know, of the MAGA thing," Smollett said. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f—ot, they called me a n—er. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on top of some racist sundae."

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
Reply #281 posted 02/14/19 5:22pm

djThunderfunk

falloff lol lol lol All I can say is Wow! popcorn

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #282 posted 02/14/19 5:23pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

DiminutiveRocker said:

In a sitdown interview that aired on Good Morning America on Thursday, Smollett addressed rumors about the incident, and said that he fought back against his attackers.

"For me, the main thing was the idea that I somehow switched up my story, you know? And that somehow maybe I added a little extra trinket, you know, of the MAGA thing," Smollett said. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f—ot, they called me a n—er. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on top of some racist sundae."

They this they that they MAGA is how I read that quote.
Reply #283 posted 02/14/19 5:30pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

And just like that CNN quit covering the Jussie Smollett story. Don Lemon quit talking about his personal friend Jussie Smollett.
Reply #284 posted 02/14/19 5:35pm

MoBettaBliss

poppys said:

where is he?

Reply #285 posted 02/14/19 5:48pm

DiminutiveRock
er

MoBettaBliss said:

poppys said:

where is he?

he is taking an indefinite break sad

Reply #286 posted 02/14/19 5:57pm

djThunderfunk

DiminutiveRocker said:

MoBettaBliss said:

where is he?

In another thread you wrote:

DiminutiveRocker said:

There is a Jussie Smollet thread - KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!

Yet here, you go off topic. Hmmm....

lol lol lol

[Edited 2/14/19 18:00pm]

Ross Perot was right!!
Reply #287 posted 02/14/19 6:10pm

MoBettaBliss

DiminutiveRocker said:

MoBettaBliss said:

where is he?

it's a good thing to do... i do it often

Reply #288 posted 02/14/19 7:14pm

Dauphin

What the fuck. This is some Better Call Saul shit.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Reply #289 posted 02/14/19 7:57pm

13cjk13

djThunderfunk said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

In another thread you wrote:

DiminutiveRocker said:

There is a Jussie Smollet thread - KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!

Yet here, you go off topic. Hmmm....

lol lol lol

[Edited 2/14/19 18:00pm]

She didn't go off topic. She never even responded. What you think you read never happened. ( Said in my best Sarah Huckabee Sanders voice.)

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #290 posted 02/14/19 8:01pm

CynicKill

Chicago Police Say There Is “No Evidence” To Suggest Jussie Smollett Attack Was Staged

An inaccurate Chicago report suggesting the January attack was staged sent Twitter into a frenzy on Thursday.

Reply #291 posted 02/14/19 8:11pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

CynicKill said:

Chicago Police Say There Is “No Evidence” To Suggest Jussie Smollett Attack Was Staged

An inaccurate Chicago report suggesting the January attack was staged sent Twitter into a frenzy on Thursday.

Unconfirmed is the word but what we do know. Some of Jussies coworkers from Nigeria that he personally knows are the "MAGA" guys that attacked. They don't have evidence to press charges but it is fishy I believe with how he allowed them time to get away. Could be they attacked and had own motives or could be staged. Not the MAGA or racism majority believed!
Reply #292 posted 02/14/19 8:26pm

PennyPurple

poppys said:

X's 500. JJ contributed so much to the forum. What a shame we had lose him. sad

Reply #293 posted 02/14/19 9:57pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

Yes, he specifically stated he was angry sbout the rumors in ‘news reports’ that he said they were wearing MAGA hats, and he clarified that he never said they were wearing MAGA hats.

This excerpt is from the article I posted with his interview with Robin Roberts:

Smollett refuted some of what has been reported, including that he told police his alleged attackers were wearing MAGA hats. ""I never said that," he said. I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."
[Edited 2/14/19 22:37pm]
Reply #294 posted 02/14/19 10:07pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

13cjk13 said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said: Yes, I’m glad he finally came out and spoke about it. Just imagine how angry some folks are all over social media, who called him a liar, other names, and made up all their crazy stories, are angry that it didn’t turn out to be the hoax they were hoping for. [Edited 2/14/19 15:43pm]

Oh, it doesnt even matter. The rabid, racist, conspiracy theory loving Trumpthec*nt supporters will just say it's not real, no matter what the truth is. We live in a very sick world.

nod

@bolded part, yeah well they’re nutcases anyway, lol.
[Edited 2/14/19 22:38pm]
Reply #295 posted 02/14/19 10:16pm

2elijah

https://news.avclub.com/c...1832640508

Chicago police deny that they're accusing Jussie Smollett of faking the attack against him

By William Hughes

It’s been roughly 12 hours since the last time we wrote about the racist and homophobic attack launched against Empire star Jussie Smollett on the streets of Chicago last month—i.e., just long enough for this entire story to get thoroughly buried in a wave of confusion, misinformation, and increasingly high-volume competing accounts. That being said, it’s presumably worth at least a bit of our collective time to try to figure out a basic timeline about how this whole clusterfuck went down, so let’s dive in.

To start: As we previously reported, Smollett went on Good Morning, America this morning to talk about the attack—and especially to address those people who refuse to believe that a couple of guys in Chicago might choose to try to kick the ass of a black, openly gay actor who’s made public, negative statements about Donald Trump. These accusations have been swirling around the incident since it was first reported, although it’s never been entirely clear why this particular altercation was thought to be the linchpin of some kind of false flag anti-MAGA master plan.

(Edited for compliance)

Fast forward to about three hours ago, when Chicago’s local media personalities began to get what we can only describe as “professionally thirsty” in regards to this case. Chicago’s ABC7—and specifically, the Twitter account of anchor Rob Elgas—began reporting on developments in Smollett’s attack, starting by tweeting out an update that the two men picked up by Chicago PD had previously appeared as extras on Empire. (This was later co-signed by their rivals at CBS Chicago, who say that they talked to the men’s attorney, who confirmed it.) Elgas followed that up with an assertion—which also ended up in ABC7's reporting, and in the CBS Chicago report—that Chicago PD detectives were now investigating whether Smollett had staged the attack, with ABC7 going so far as to state that it was “because Smollett was being written off of Empire.” All of this was attributed to “multiple,” but unnamed, sources.

At this point, multiple voices start chiming in to call bullshit, even as ABC7's report and the other local news allegations began to spread online. A spokesperson for the Chicago PD responded to the case on Twitter, stating that “media reports about the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed,” and calling ABC7's sources “uninformed and inaccurate.” Fox and the Empire writers’ room Twitter account both loudly denied that there was any intention of writing Smollett’s character off the show. And Smollett’s representation made it clear that, contrary to Elgas and his team’s initial reporting, Smollett had, in fact, responded to questions from police about the attack earlier today.
[Edited 2/14/19 22:23pm]
Reply #296 posted 02/14/19 10:31pm

2elijah

Here’s another article that debunks earlier news reports, that CPD stated the attack was a hoax. Secondly Jussie is not being written off the show. Not to Once the CPD completes their questioning of those 2 guys, then we’ll know if they are the attackers. Pays to do research before jumping on the nutty ‘hoax’ accusations bandwagon. popcorn

https://www.google.com/ur...8202114400

Jussie Smollett: Chicago police have 'no evidence' attack was hoax, Fox supports actor

“As questions and rumors arose Thursday around "Empire" star Jussie Smollett's claim that two men attacked him on Jan. 29, the TV network and studio behind the Fox drama gave its full support to the actor and musician.

In addition, Chicago Police disputed a TV news report that cited multiple anonymous sources saying Smollett staged the attack because he was being written out of the show.

Fox Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Television, which produces the Chicago-based family drama, sent USA TODAY a statement Thursday in response to a question raised in a Chicago TV news report that multiple anonymous sources were saying Smollett staged the attack because he was being written out of the show.”

Another article debunking earlier news reports that CPD ssid attack was a hoax:

https://www.google.com/ur...8852604300

Chicago Police Say Reports Jussie Smollett Attack Was Staged Are ‘Unconfirmed’

”UPDATED WITH POLICE STATEMENT: Chicago police are pushing back on media reports that said the alleged attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was a hoax and say the reports are “unconfirmed by case detectives.”

Two Chicago media outlets reported Thursday that multiple sources told them that investigators believe the attack was staged.

Police spent much of Thursday interviewing two persons of interest in the case, who are believed to have been seen on surveillance images on the night of the attack.

Rob Elgas, a reporter at ABC 7 in Chicago, reported Thursday afternoon that “multiple sources” said Smollett and the two men staged the attack because his character was being written off the show. Brad Edwards, a reporter at CBS Chicago, cited a source who said investigators believe the “non-cooperating 2 witnesses are co-conspirators in a potentially staged attack.”

Anthony Guglielmi, a Chicago police spokesman, posted on Twitter that ABC7’s sources are inaccurate.

“Media reports [about] the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives,” he wrote. “Supt Eddie Johnson has contacted @ABC7Chicago to state on the record that we have no evidence to support their reporting and their supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate.”

[Edited 2/14/19 23:18pm]
Reply #297 posted 02/15/19 1:59am

MoBettaBliss

seems like a wait and see thing for now

Reply #298 posted 02/15/19 2:27am

Pokeno4Money

Chicago PD is pissed about the info being leaked, and rightfully so. It's still an active investigation therefore no info should have been revealed, and now Jussie has been tipped off with the leaks.

Of course CPD is going to discredit the leakers by denying what was leaked. They want to get all their ducks lined up before presenting the results of their investigation.

These days it's virtually impossible to keep anything a secret. lol

Reply #299 posted 02/15/19 2:52am

SuperFurryAnim
al

They didn't wear MAGA hats that was confirmed long ago. Did they say "this is MAGA country?"
Page 10 of 36 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse