independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 15th Dec 2019 2:40am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > MAGA-Hatted Teens Harass Native Americans at the Indigenous Peoples March in D.C
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 15 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

2elijah

MAGA-Hatted Teens Harass Native Americans at the Indigenous Peoples March in D.C

This is sad and so disrespectful. I’m proud of this Vietnam Veteran who did not let the bullies scare him away. Shame on those kids. Their parents must be real proud of them.

”MAGA-Hatted Teens Harass Native Americans at the Indigenous Peoples March in D.C.”

Luke Darby
GQJanuary 19, 2019, 6:21 PM GMT

“This weekend, D.C. is unusually crowded. The third Women's March is happening Saturday, but on Friday it was preceded by the long-running anti-abortion March for Life and the Indigenous Peoples March.

For the people attending the latter, it's an especially fraught time as the government shutdown is interfering with many basic services for Native Americans. This comes months after the Supreme Court ruled against Native voting rights in North Dakota, and just days after the president cracked jokes on Twitter about historic massacres.

Multiple videos have surfaced since Friday showing a group of teenage boys crowded around attendants of the Indigenous Peoples March. In the footage of the encounter, many of the boys are wearing Make America Great Again hats, and can be seen laughing at and imitating a Native drummer. One boy even stands directly in front of the drummer, as close as he can get, staring the man down for several minutes.

The boys are reportedly from the all-boys Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, though according to the Cincinnati Enquirer there's no confirmation for that yet (the Enquirer did report that the school's website announced students would be traveling to D.C. for the March for Life). According to Indian Country Today, the man in the video is Omaha elder and Vietnam vet Nathan Phillips. The Indigenous Peoples March is neither a partisan nor explicitly anti-Trump event.”

[Edited 1/21/19 13:06pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/19/19 2:21pm

MoBettaBliss

disrespectful punks

Reply #2 posted 01/19/19 2:23pm

OnlyNDaUsa

I guess the Indigenous people should have built a wall.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #3 posted 01/19/19 2:28pm

2elijah

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Really? Think back in history and remember who invaded his people’s land, and the same invaders who then tried to claim it, as though it was their original land. Those kids are ignorant and display that well in the video. Mr. Phillips makes them look like idiots, because he is apparently aware of their ignorance. Kudos to him for not backing down. clapping
[Edited 1/19/19 14:35pm]
Reply #4 posted 01/19/19 2:37pm

DiminutiveRock
er

MoBettaBliss said:

disrespectful punks

disrepectful xenophobic punks

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #5 posted 01/19/19 2:41pm

HuMpThAnG

2elijah said:

Their parents must be real proud of them.
The boys are reportedly from the all-boys Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky,

i'm pretty sure they are.

And all boys catholic school? that says alot lol they have serious issues of their own

[Edited 1/19/19 14:42pm]

Reply #6 posted 01/19/19 2:49pm

MoBettaBliss

OnlyNDaUsa said:

this is why people don't like you

Reply #7 posted 01/19/19 3:04pm

OnlyNDaUsa

MoBettaBliss said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Ha! All I did was point out a historical consequence for lack of border security.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #8 posted 01/19/19 3:05pm

OnlyNDaUsa

oh and I agree the kids are jerks...smug punks that need a bump in their smug faces...

Reply #9 posted 01/19/19 3:10pm

DiminutiveRock
er

MoBettaBliss said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Just one reason. nod

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #10 posted 01/19/19 3:16pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

2elijah said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Really? Think back in history and remember who invaded his people’s land, and the same invaders who then tried to claim it, as though it was their original land. Those kids are ignorant and display that well in the video. Mr. Phillips makes them look like idiots, because he is apparently aware of their ignorance. Kudos to him for not backing down. clapping
[Edited 1/19/19 14:35pm]

What the hell does that have to do with the Wall not being built to keep out Christopher Columbus?
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #11 posted 01/19/19 3:18pm

OnlyNDaUsa

DiminutiveRocker said:

MoBettaBliss said:

Just one reason. nod

yeah, I do not care... I know that many people can not handle free thinkers that do not bend to their agendas. What is funny is how often I am accused of parroting this or that when I tend (like 90% of the time) Igonor all others on pretty much every single issue in favor of my own opinions. When I agree here I get called a liar or something... or flat out attacked by some. And much of the difference is an illusion as I just do not bother to play the "yup-yup" game. I have seen many topics calling me out... but if I agree and it is well covered...why bother? There is nothing GOOD to say about these kids *see my post above*

Reply #12 posted 01/19/19 3:19pm

DiminutiveRock
er

bored

Reply #13 posted 01/19/19 3:20pm

OnlyNDaUsa

SuperFurryAnimal said:

2elijah said:
Really? Think back in history and remember who invaded his people’s land, and the same invaders who then tried to claim it, as though it was their original land. Those kids are ignorant and display that well in the video. Mr. Phillips makes them look like idiots, because he is apparently aware of their ignorance. Kudos to him for not backing down. clapping [Edited 1/19/19 14:35pm]
What the hell does that have to do with the Wall not being built to keep out Christopher Columbus?

I have seen these cartoons about Natives building a wall... and the not so smart anti-wall people really think that is a real mic-drop when...well it is... but FOR the wall.

Reply #14 posted 01/19/19 3:20pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

yeahthat

Reply #15 posted 01/19/19 3:27pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

OnlyNDaUsa said:

oh and I agree the kids are jerks...smug punks that need a bump in their smug faces...

Anyone who attends these types of rallies know they are going there for confrontation. Everyone there wasting time.
Reply #16 posted 01/19/19 3:29pm

MoBettaBliss

OnlyNDaUsa said:

MoBettaBliss said:

Ha! All I did was point out a historical consequence for lack of border security.

and that was your go to... straight off the bat... because you're a smart ass clown

then (as usual) you follow it up with your faux interest in the actual content of the video

a free thinker?... you're full of shit mate

Reply #17 posted 01/19/19 3:40pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

MoBettaBliss said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

MoBettaBliss said:

and that was your go to... straight off the bat... because you're a smart ass clown

then (as usual) you follow it up with your faux interest in the actual content of the video

I would point out the uselessness of the post. It is as simple as posting a fight at a mall or Burger King and trying to score political points or make a statement on race or politics. The world isn't that simple.
Reply #18 posted 01/19/19 3:55pm

luv4u

https://www.kentucky.com/...06590.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/w...-1.4985493

2nd video in link: Instagram video of indigenous elder speaking about walls

Nathan Phillips
Omaha Elder
Vietnam Veteran
Former director of the Native Youth Alliance
Keeper of a sacred pipe
Honoring Native American Veterans at Arlington National Cemetery
Water Protector at Standing Rock ND

RESPECT 🙌🏻❤️

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #19 posted 01/19/19 4:06pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

luv4u said:

https://www.kentucky.com/...06590.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/w...-1.4985493

2nd video in link: Instagram video of indigenous elder speaking about walls

YouTube video two guys fist fighting in a Burger King should I track them down and get political point of views from them? I think the first one in the MAGA hat was in the wrong! I don't see how in the world these types of videos on the web prove much?
Reply #20 posted 01/19/19 4:17pm

luv4u

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Edmonton, AB - canada
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #21 posted 01/19/19 4:20pm

luv4u

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

Edmonton, AB - canada
Reply #22 posted 01/19/19 4:29pm

djThunderfunk

luv4u said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

The article that you posted before this has the headline:

Covington Catholic apologizes over students mocking Native American, threatens expulsions

Since the school has officially apologized, is investigating, and is considering expulsion, what would be the purpose of contacting them? They're not defending the students, they agree with the reactions... why harass them about it?

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
Reply #23 posted 01/19/19 4:37pm

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

MoBettaBliss said:

I would point out the uselessness of the post. It is as simple as posting a fight at a mall or Burger King and trying to score political points or make a statement on race or politics. The world isn't that simple.

FUCK TRUMP and EVERY SINGLE PIG THAT SUPPORTS HIM. Now THAT's useful.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #24 posted 01/19/19 4:38pm

13cjk13

MoBettaBliss said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

You mean his 1st grade sense of humor?

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #25 posted 01/19/19 4:40pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

13cjk13 said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

MoBettaBliss said:

FUCK TRUMP and EVERY SINGLE PIG THAT SUPPORTS HIM. Now THAT's useful.

Crazy shit. We need to build four walls to keep you in them?
Reply #26 posted 01/19/19 5:05pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

13cjk13 said:

MoBettaBliss said:

You mean his 1st grade sense of humor?

Others argue no borders and people coming here being the American way and at the same time, people don't belong here because the land was stolen. Happened in 1492. All this is simplistic arguments and talking points as 2E, Only, Me, You, We were not born. Not even a billion people on earth when it happened to put it in perspective. I'm not against people coming to America but again I want to see it being done in a legal matter. I don't want people on the street that are not accounted for and hide in the shadows.

https://openi.nlm.nih.gov/imgs/512/236/3987379/PMC3987379_FVVinObGyn-5-281-291-g001.png

Reply #27 posted 01/19/19 5:34pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

[Stay on topic snip - luv4u]

Reply #28 posted 01/19/19 5:58pm

poppys

Those boys went to DC to be in the anti-abortion march and ended up harassing participants at the Native American march? Who was travelling with them and allowed them to do that?? shake

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #29 posted 01/19/19 6:35pm

MoBettaBliss

luv4u said:

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

to chant "build the wall" to the indigenous population of your country is about as dumb as you can get

Page 1 of 15 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > MAGA-Hatted Teens Harass Native Americans at the Indigenous Peoples March in D.C