independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th May 2019 3:55pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Pat Robertson on crisis over murdered Saudi journalist: Let’s not risk “$100 billion worth of arms sales”
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/18/18 7:12am

deebee

avatar

Pat Robertson on crisis over murdered Saudi journalist: Let’s not risk “$100 billion worth of arms sales”

This guy. disbelief A wolf in wolf's clothing.....

- -

A major evangelical leader has spoken in defense of US-Saudi relations after the apparent killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a Saudi consulate, saying that America has more important things — like arms deals — to focus on.
.
Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network, appeared on its flagship television show The 700 Club on Monday to caution Americans against allowing the United States’ relationship with Saudi Arabia to deteriorate over Khashoggi’s death.
.
“For those who are screaming blood for the Saudis — look, these people are key allies,” Robertson said. While he called the faith of the Wahabists — the hardline Islamist sect to which the Saudi Royal Family belongs — “obnoxious,” he urged viewers to remember that “we’ve got an arms deal that everybody wanted a piece of…it’ll be a lot of jobs, a lot of money come to our coffers. It’s not something you want to blow up willy-nilly.” [...]
.
“You’ve got one journalist — who knows? Was it an interrogation? Was he assassinated? Were there rogue elements? Who did it?...You’ve got $100 billion worth of arms sales...we cannot alienate our biggest player in the Middle East.”
.



Source: https://www.vox.com/2018/...ump-crisis

[Edited 10/18/18 7:23am]

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/18/18 7:42am

Musicslave

Unless that one person is a white, Christian pastor from North Carolina. Granted, Pastor Andrew Brunson is an U.S. citizen. But it's funny how all of a sudden those so-called "American values aren't as important anymore except when the politics suits trump's interest. Everyone else in his party just follows his lead, (including old televangelist).

-

Pat knows better. Holding the Saudis accountible is not going to blow up our alliance with them in the Middle East. The convenient hyperbole is rich coming from this bunch.

-

I wonder what he and his ilk will say if undeniable evidence is made public that the MBS/Saudis orchestrated the slaughter. Probably just move the goal post again and focus on the fact that the journalist wasn't a U.S. Citizen anyway so..... All the "American Values" talk will continue to go out the window.....

[Edited 10/18/18 7:46am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/18/18 8:49am

NorthC

There you have it. The US and Europe want to make money by selling weapons to Saudi Arabians, who use them to slaughter people in Yemen. And all because the US is obsessed with Iran. The US portray Iran as the greatest evil ever, while Saudi Arabia is even worse. The Saudis make money from oil and use that to spread their fanatic version of Islam. A lot of the men in those planes that hit the Twin Towers were Saudis. Yet who did president Bush attack? Afghanistan. Iraq. Thankfully, Trump hasn't attacked anybody yet but also in his mind, Iran is the great enemy. Imagine a murder like this had happened in an Iranian embassy. Robertson have been the first to tell everybody how evil they are. This isn't a double standard anymore, it's totally schizophrenia. The west is sponsoring the very nation that spreads a version of Islam that breeds terrorists.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/18/18 9:03am

hausofmoi7

avatar

Matthew 21:12-13

Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’[a] but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’





.
[Edited 10/18/18 9:07am]
"It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non-violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection" – Lesley Hazleton on the first muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/18/18 9:14am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

9-11 oh wait can't talk about that Mr Jones. SaudiOut

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/18/18 9:43am

NorthC

Dutch minister of Foreign Affairs Stef Blok has called it murder. Minister of Finances Wobbe Hoekstra has canceled a meeting in Saudi Arabia and a planned trade delegation may not go ahead. Not that this is going to change an awful lot, but at least I'm glad that politicians here are taking this seriously.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/18/18 9:49am

Empress

Pat Robertson is disgusting and one of the biggest hypocrites goping. Always has been.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/18/18 9:51am

BombSquad

avatar

and Trump also plays soft on them but bashes out on Stormy Daniels and Taylor Swift


that fat worthless smalldick fuck knows who the real enemy is LOL


MAKE RADICAL ISLAM GREAT AGAIN




[Edited 10/18/18 9:52am]

Ideally speaking, the President of the United States and the dumbest person in the country would be two different people. Oh well....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/18/18 9:57am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

BombSquad said:

and Trump also plays soft on them but bashes out on Stormy Daniels and Taylor Swift


that fat worthless smalldick fuck knows who the real enemy is LOL


MAKE RADICAL ISLAM GREAT AGAIN




[Edited 10/18/18 9:52am]

What is new? As for radical Islam quiet since Trumpy bear took office. That was Obama/Bush agenda.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/18/18 9:59am

TheFreakerFant
astic

avatar

Utterly disgraceful! How can this guy claim to be a Christian preacher and yet advocate arms sales?!? What about 'thou shalt not kill' and 'love one another'?

[Edited 10/18/18 10:00am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/18/18 10:35am

poppys

Oh Jesus! Pat $$$ Robertson weighs in. Please. What a farce.

Thank you, deebee, for starting a thread on the appalling murder of a Washington Post contributing journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, who went to the consulate to get marriage papers.

Condolences to his betrothed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/18/18 10:37am

hausofmoi7

avatar

Saudis Transfer $100 Million to U.S. as Khashoggi Killing Crisis Deepens
https://www.democracynow....Trf5Be5nG8


The United States received a $100 million payment from Saudi Arabia Tuesday, the same day Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and his father King Salman in Saudi Arabia to discuss the disappearance of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul. While the $100 million payment had been brokered earlier this summer and is related to U.S. military efforts in Syria, the timing of its delivery appeared highly suspicious, with one U.S. official telling The New York Times, “The timing of this is no coincidence.” Turkish officials have said Khashoggi was tortured and murdered by a squad of 15 Saudi hit men, who dismembered his body. Video and audio recordings from inside the consulate reportedly show Khashoggi was beaten, tortured and beheaded, with his fingers cut off and his body dismembered. This is Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, speaking about his visit to Saudi Arabia.
"It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non-violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection" – Lesley Hazleton on the first muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/18/18 10:50am

poppys

hausofmoi7 said:

Saudis Transfer $100 Million to U.S. as Khashoggi Killing Crisis Deepens https://www.democracynow....Trf5Be5nG8 The United States received a $100 million payment from Saudi Arabia Tuesday, the same day Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and his father King Salman in Saudi Arabia to discuss the disappearance of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

While the $100 million payment had been brokered earlier this summer and is related to U.S. military efforts in Syria, the timing of its delivery appeared highly suspicious, with one U.S. official telling The New York Times, “The timing of this is no coincidence.” Turkish officials have said Khashoggi was tortured and murdered by a squad of 15 Saudi hit men, who dismembered his body.

Video and audio recordings from inside the consulate reportedly show Khashoggi was beaten, tortured and beheaded, with his fingers cut off and his body dismembered. This is Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, speaking about his visit to Saudi Arabia.


Wow, so they have video too? Only the audio proof is being reported here. And they keep saying it's been requested...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/18/18 10:59am

poppys


2 hours ago · Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin pulls out of Saudi investment conference amid outcry over missing journalist. By Washington Post Staff.


Finally. What took so long? Right, we know. Today Trump said he may be dead, ya think? He was killed on Oct 2 - 16 days ago.

[Edited 10/18/18 18:39pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/18/18 11:38am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

TheFreakerFantastic said:

Utterly disgraceful! How can this guy claim to be a Christian preacher and yet advocate arms sales?!? What about 'thou shalt not kill' and 'love one another'?

[Edited 10/18/18 10:00am]

I believe Robertson took a "Thank God for the Bomb" stance mid 80s! That is by having bombs it keeps peace. Do I consider the TV evagalists Christian preachers or cons. I consider them all cons.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/18/18 12:30pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

As Chris Hedges says he is a Christian fascist.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/18/18 2:18pm

IanRG

2freaky4church1 said:

As Chris Hedges says he is a Christian fascist.

.

FASCIST christian

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/18/18 11:36pm

BombSquad

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

As Chris Hedges says he is a Christian fascist.

impossible. he's a Christian so he holds the highest moral standards of all. handed down to him directly from the Tooth Fairy God

Ideally speaking, the President of the United States and the dumbest person in the country would be two different people. Oh well....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/18/18 11:50pm

BombSquad

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

BombSquad said:

and Trump also plays soft on them but bashes out on Stormy Daniels and Taylor Swift


that fat worthless smalldick fuck knows who the real enemy is LOL


MAKE RADICAL ISLAM GREAT AGAIN




[Edited 10/18/18 9:52am]

What is new? As for radical Islam quiet since Trumpy bear took office. That was Obama/Bush agenda.

oh jolly good! then we can lift all security restrictions on the airport, the Muslim travel ban is moot, sanctions against Iran, and so on, and so on... cause finally everything is under control.


...but only if you're a one-dimensional brainfuck who thinks radical Islam only equals ISIS in Iraq and Syria LMFAO

as for Saudi Arabia, probably the worst radical Muslim shithole country, you have any idea what they are doing in Yemen? worthless terrorists fucks. and Europe and the US are shifting the weapons. anyone involved with that fascist "regime" is guilty and needs to be taken out. and I don't give a flying FUCK if the name is Trump, Bush, Obama, May, Macron, Merkel, Trudeau or whatever else

either you're with us or you are with the terrorists.
Pat Robertson, Trump & the other fat and dumb fucks have chosen their side


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2MsFTB4rloMvcqxx5GO7jJha-fN-q9dGIoh0GBUR_2rzh9jWFuA




[Edited 10/19/18 0:09am]

Ideally speaking, the President of the United States and the dumbest person in the country would be two different people. Oh well....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/19/18 5:24am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

BombSquad said:



SuperFurryAnimal said:




BombSquad said:


and Trump also plays soft on them but bashes out on Stormy Daniels and Taylor Swift


that fat worthless smalldick fuck knows who the real enemy is LOL


MAKE RADICAL ISLAM GREAT AGAIN






[Edited 10/18/18 9:52am]




What is new? As for radical Islam quiet since Trumpy bear took office. That was Obama/Bush agenda.




oh jolly good! then we can lift all security restrictions on the airport, the Muslim travel ban is moot, sanctions against Iran, and so on, and so on... cause finally everything is under control.



...but only if you're a one-dimensional brainfuck who thinks radical Islam only equals ISIS in Iraq and Syria LMFAO

as for Saudi Arabia, probably the worst radical Muslim shithole country, you have any idea what they are doing in Yemen? worthless terrorists fucks. and Europe and the US are shifting the weapons. anyone involved with that fascist "regime" is guilty and needs to be taken out. and I don't give a flying FUCK if the name is Trump, Bush, Obama, May, Macron, Merkel, Trudeau or whatever else

either you're with us or you are with the terrorists.
Pat Robertson, Trump & the other fat and dumb fucks have chosen their side


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2MsFTB4rloMvcqxx5GO7jJha-fN-q9dGIoh0GBUR_2rzh9jWFuA








[Edited 10/19/18 0:09am]



All they need is four or five people to really pull off a mass killing. We will be fighting extremists forever.
I'm going through TSA soon and they always grab my nut sack and it pisses me off too but it is something I have to accept.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/19/18 5:33am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

hausofmoi7 said:

Saudis Transfer $100 Million to U.S. as Khashoggi Killing Crisis Deepens
https://www.democracynow....Trf5Be5nG8


The United States received a $100 million payment from Saudi Arabia Tuesday, the same day Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and his father King Salman in Saudi Arabia to discuss the disappearance of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul. While the $100 million payment had been brokered earlier this summer and is related to U.S. military efforts in Syria, the timing of its delivery appeared highly suspicious, with one U.S. official telling The New York Times, “The timing of this is no coincidence.” Turkish officials have said Khashoggi was tortured and murdered by a squad of 15 Saudi hit men, who dismembered his body. Video and audio recordings from inside the consulate reportedly show Khashoggi was beaten, tortured and beheaded, with his fingers cut off and his body dismembered. This is Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, speaking about his visit to Saudi Arabia.


Is it dangerous being a conspiracy theorists? Calling out the Saudis for 911. Do believe it is! Just remember they already tried to kill me.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/19/18 6:05am

nd33

You’d think a religious leader might have some morality. NOPE!
The leadership in the US is fucked from all angles. And it has been going that way for many years. Capitalism at the most ruthless level. Humanity doesn’t mean shit.
Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/19/18 9:14am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

nd33 said:

You’d think a religious leader might have some morality. NOPE! The leadership in the US is fucked from all angles. And it has been going that way for many years. Capitalism at the most ruthless level. Humanity doesn’t mean shit.

Are you kidding me? Obama bowed. Bush kissed. 911 was not what you think. Now you think a religious conman on TV will be any different?

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/19/18 10:11am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Whataboutism, a tedious tactic.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/19/18 3:21pm

deebee

avatar

NorthC said:

There you have it. The US and Europe want to make money by selling weapons to Saudi Arabians, who use them to slaughter people in Yemen. And all because the US is obsessed with Iran. The US portray Iran as the greatest evil ever, while Saudi Arabia is even worse. The Saudis make money from oil and use that to spread their fanatic version of Islam. A lot of the men in those planes that hit the Twin Towers were Saudis. Yet who did president Bush attack? Afghanistan. Iraq. Thankfully, Trump hasn't attacked anybody yet but also in his mind, Iran is the great enemy. Imagine a murder like this had happened in an Iranian embassy. Robertson have been the first to tell everybody how evil they are. This isn't a double standard anymore, it's totally schizophrenia. The west is sponsoring the very nation that spreads a version of Islam that breeds terrorists.

I agree - it's a crazy and immoral strategy. Re: the bolded, though, I tend to think this stuff is all just based on the mundane business realpolitik (grubby calculations about control of oil-rich regions, etc), and all the fine stories about good guys and bad guys follows later, for public consumption. I don't think the politicians themselves really believe it. With his campaign rhetoric long behind him, Trump seems inclined to bend whatever way he's directed to and dutifully press on with doing the Empire's dealings.

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/19/18 3:28pm

deebee

avatar

hausofmoi7 said:

Matthew 21:12-13 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’[a] but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’ . [Edited 10/18/18 9:07am]

The verses about 'false prophets' seem particularly apt, too!

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/19/18 3:30pm

deebee

avatar

poppys said:

Oh Jesus! Pat $$$ Robertson weighs in. Please. What a farce.

Thank you, deebee, for starting a thread on the appalling murder of a Washington Post contributing journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, who went to the consulate to get marriage papers.

Condolences to his betrothed.

He's a horror, that fella. I swear I imagine him goat-legged behind his desk, with a vague whiff of sulphur in the air.

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/19/18 3:39pm

deebee

avatar

IanRG said:

2freaky4church1 said:

As Chris Hedges says he is a Christian fascist.

.

FASCIST christian

Why the switch?

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/19/18 5:15pm

poppys

deebee said:

poppys said:

Oh Jesus! Pat $$$ Robertson weighs in. Please. What a farce.

Thank you, deebee, for starting a thread on the appalling murder of a Washington Post contributing journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, who went to the consulate to get marriage papers.

Condolences to his betrothed.


He's a horror, that fella. I swear I imagine him goat-legged behind his desk, with a vague whiff of sulphur in the air.

lol

Stephen Colbert called him a "human estate sale" in his monologue last night. He opened the show with a religious tableau skit - proclaiming the death of one man was of no consequence to the world...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/19/18 9:26pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

[âIMG]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Pat Robertson on crisis over murdered Saudi journalist: Let’s not risk “$100 billion worth of arms sales”