independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 14th Dec 2019 12:51am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > I'm sorry but Serena Williams is not a victim.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 09/17/18 4:25am

CherryMoon57

free2bFreeda2 said:

CherryMoon57 said:

It looks as if he is indeed making eye contact with Serena whilst giving her the advice, it's around the 1:56 mark into this video:

So shouldn't he be fined also? what is the consequences for a coach while in open violation of the no coaching rules during a professional tennis match? also, is there any footage of Serena making eye-contact with Mouratoglou? and why is there no video footage or mention of said? ------》 take a l👀k: [...] 🤓 it's getting to be appalling ---- Serena has been publicly humiliated imo. [Edited 9/17/18 4:06am]

^Well I should hope so. But regardless of whether she (or others) want to admit the coaching or not, at the time it happened, the umpire was in the right and therefore there was no reason for Serena to disrespect him like she did. He was just doing his job. It is not the first of this kind of situation with Serena, as she had previously been not only agressive but also very threatening to others on court. It is clear that she has a short fuse (how many rackets has she broken again?), usually when she comes close to losing. This is not new and there is plenty of footage for this out there. She is the one who tends to humiliate others. I wonder how Naomi feels after her victory was eclipsed by Serena's loud and mediatised outbursts...

[Edited 9/17/18 4:39am]

Open your heart open your mind
A train is leaving all day
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 09/17/18 5:20am

nd33

free2bFreeda2 said:

CherryMoon57 said:

free2bFreeda2 said:

can any one see on video of the actual match? if so, tell me when Serena was actually focusing on Mouratoglou's coaching gestures. if Mouratoglou is also in coaching violation why is Serena taking the total blame for the (alleged) violation only on her part? rolleyes [Edited 9/17/18 2:51am]

It looks as if he is indeed making eye contact with Serena whilst giving her the advice, it's around the 1:56 mark into this video:

So shouldn't he be fined also? what is the consequences for a coach while in open violation of the no coaching rules during a professional tennis match?
also, is there any frozen footage of Serena making eye-contact with Mouratoglou?
and why is there no up close video footage or mention of said? especially since Mouratoglou was at the other end of the court.
-----》
take a l👀k:

🤓
it's getting to be appalling ---- Serena has been publicly humiliated imo.
*note: your 1:56 perception that Serena are looking at Mouratoglou is at best an imaginary puff of instant "no way."
[Edited 9/17/18 4:22am]

From my understanding, the coaches are not paid or contracted to the tournament, only the players. The coach is paid and contracted to Serena. If she wants to fine him, they can sort that out between themselves.
Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
Reply #122 posted 09/17/18 10:25am

free2bFreeda2

excerpt:

It’s a fact that the sport that gave us John McEnroe and Ilie Nastase and Jimmy Connors and so many other bad boys has tolerated without penalty far worse behavior than the language Williams used Saturday evening. She said as much in her defense during the match and after, and others quickly agreed with her.

“I will admit I have said worse and not gotten penalized,” James Blake, the former top-ranked U.S. male tennis player, wrote on Twitter Saturday night. “And I’ve also been given a 'soft warning' by the ump where they tell you knock it off or I will have to give you a violation. He should have at least given her that courtesy.”
nod
i agree. it just goes to show you that double standard are center stag¥e.
Reply #123 posted 09/17/18 10:40am

free2bFreeda2

TweetyV6 said:

free2bFreeda2 said:

TweetyV6 said:

Bla-di-bla-di-bla... I don't even know who Jim Crow is. And I'm not gonna look it up either.

It's a fucking cartoon. Get over it.

why don't you try to get over yourself and your need to be right about something you clearly no nothing about. then admit that your lack of knowledge makes you look like a typical pinbrain. if one is ignorant and unaware of historical injustices, then openly displays their stupidity by attempting to discuss the core of the topic at hand, seems their like a dog chasing their own tail. 🤓 so my little misguided kernel tweety, take some advice, try to move forward from a 1910 mindset and wake tfu. try to 1. jettison your micro comprehension forward. 2. zoom your mindset into the now. please take a few moments to read and try to comprehend/understand the following article: Why the Serena Williams US Open cartoon actually is racist : https://www.google.com/am...ature/amp/ 👓 and remember, for future reference: "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." author~ Dr Martin Luther King, Jr [Edited 9/16/18 3:24am]

Aaaaaand some more lame bla-bla. Don't bother, I won't read it.

I moved on a second or 2 after I saw the cartoon.

th

thx kernel tweet. your feedback is as impressive as your status as a kernel.
someone somewhere salutes you. keep on moving on. seems you're great at being at the core of scatological
nincompoopery.
at least that's what your nothing post seem to display. ignorance is bliss.
stay blissful.
seems Serena has given your life a new meaning. you have become an official kernel.
Reply #124 posted 09/17/18 10:47am

DiminutiveRock
er

free2bFreeda2 said:

TweetyV6 said:

th thx kernel tweet. your feedback is as impressive as your status as a kernel. someone somewhere salutes you. keep on moving on. seems you're great at being at the core of scatological nincompoopery. at least that's what your nothing post seem to display. ignorance is bliss. stay blissful. seems Serena has given your life a new meaning. you have become an official kernel.

lol

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #125 posted 09/17/18 11:59am

IanRG

free2bFreeda2 said:

excerpt: It’s a fact that the sport that gave us John McEnroe and Ilie Nastase and Jimmy Connors and so many other bad boys has tolerated without penalty far worse behavior than the language Williams used Saturday evening. She said as much in her defense during the match and after, and others quickly agreed with her. “I will admit I have said worse and not gotten penalized,” James Blake, the former top-ranked U.S. male tennis player, wrote on Twitter Saturday night. “And I’ve also been given a 'soft warning' by the ump where they tell you knock it off or I will have to give you a violation. He should have at least given her that courtesy.” nod i agree. it just goes to show you that double standard are center stag¥e.

Which is still nothing more than an excuse that concedes she and her coach broke the rules - "those other players got away with breaking the rules, why can't my hero/team?"

The truth is in every game there will always be Refs who are more or less strict. When a Ref is strict AFTER a player or team has already broken more than one rule (her coach did not break her racquet) and is escalating this by repeatedly arguing with the Ref, this does not mean it is anyone else's fault other than that player's. Where the player has form e.g. McEnroe or Williams then their history will attract more attention from the Refs than people like James Blake.

A list of the penalties handed out to McEnroe has already been posted in this thread. Can you name a time when Serena was disqualified from a whole tournament and ejected from from the court? This actually happened to McEnroe. McEnroe's last fine was more than 37% of his winnings in that grand slam tournment, Serena latest fine was less than 1% of her winnings. Can you name a period when Serena was banned from playing, removed from teams, temporarily had honourary memberships revoked etc. If there is a double standard, the double standard is against people like McEnroe and Williams because of their history not their gender. I remember people defending McEnroe with the same fervour that you are defending Williams and everyone can remember times when that other team from the other side, that other player from that other side got away with more than my team or my player was allowed to get away with - more often than not, this is just a perception based on bias for your team or player.

Serena is humiliating herself. Naomi Osaka won, the penalties did not change the result - the rants changed what should have been a great moment for Naomi into something she felt she should apologise for. The game will be better for not allowing any player to act as Williams is acting regardless of gender. If this means more men are pulled up for acting like Serena, then this will be a good outcome.

Reply #126 posted 09/17/18 12:59pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

no one is convincing anyone. I think we all got our points out. things to think about and ponder. But I think this thread has run it’s course.
Reply #127 posted 09/18/18 9:07am

free2bFreeda2

i hope and wish the best for Serena in the future.
No matter all the negative words from the press and those who wish to denigrate her.
she's proven to be one of the best and most skilled tennis players of all time.
Reply #128 posted 09/18/18 10:04am

CherryMoon57

IanRG said:

free2bFreeda2 said:

excerpt: It’s a fact that the sport that gave us John McEnroe and Ilie Nastase and Jimmy Connors and so many other bad boys has tolerated without penalty far worse behavior than the language Williams used Saturday evening. She said as much in her defense during the match and after, and others quickly agreed with her. “I will admit I have said worse and not gotten penalized,” James Blake, the former top-ranked U.S. male tennis player, wrote on Twitter Saturday night. “And I’ve also been given a 'soft warning' by the ump where they tell you knock it off or I will have to give you a violation. He should have at least given her that courtesy.” nod i agree. it just goes to show you that double standard are center stag¥e.

Which is still nothing more than an excuse that concedes she and her coach broke the rules - "those other players got away with breaking the rules, why can't my hero/team?"

The truth is in every game there will always be Refs who are more or less strict. When a Ref is strict AFTER a player or team has already broken more than one rule (her coach did not break her racquet) and is escalating this by repeatedly arguing with the Ref, this does not mean it is anyone else's fault other than that player's. Where the player has form e.g. McEnroe or Williams then their history will attract more attention from the Refs than people like James Blake.

A list of the penalties handed out to McEnroe has already been posted in this thread. Can you name a time when Serena was disqualified from a whole tournament and ejected from from the court? This actually happened to McEnroe. McEnroe's last fine was more than 37% of his winnings in that grand slam tournment, Serena latest fine was less than 1% of her winnings. Can you name a period when Serena was banned from playing, removed from teams, temporarily had honourary memberships revoked etc. If there is a double standard, the double standard is against people like McEnroe and Williams because of their history not their gender. I remember people defending McEnroe with the same fervour that you are defending Williams and everyone can remember times when that other team from the other side, that other player from that other side got away with more than my team or my player was allowed to get away with - more often than not, this is just a perception based on bias for your team or player.

Serena is humiliating herself. Naomi Osaka won, the penalties did not change the result - the rants changed what should have been a great moment for Naomi into something she felt she should apologise for. The game will be better for not allowing any player to act as Williams is acting regardless of gender. If this means more men are pulled up for acting like Serena, then this will be a good outcome.

yeahthat Well said Ian.

Reply #129 posted 09/18/18 12:45pm

DiminutiveRock
er

free2bFreeda2 said:

i hope and wish the best for Serena in the future. No matter all the negative words from the press and those who wish to denigrate her. she's proven to be one of the best and most skilled tennis players of all time.

Co-sign nod

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #130 posted 09/18/18 9:14pm

TweetyV6

free2bFreeda2 said:

TweetyV6 said:

th thx kernel tweet. your feedback is as impressive as your status as a kernel. someone somewhere salutes you. keep on moving on. seems you're great at being at the core of scatological nincompoopery. at least that's what your nothing post seem to display. ignorance is bliss. stay blissful. seems Serena has given your life a new meaning. you have become an official kernel.

Keep on brabling bullpoop. I don't care. I'm immune to somebody trying to put guilt on me for laughing at a cartoon.

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #131 posted 09/18/18 9:17pm

TweetyV6

TweetyV6 said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

TweetyV6 said: Haha what makes you believe that I'm not White? lol

As I said, it's a guess. But you're dodging the question again.

3rd try:

FFS, let's say it's racist.
Now what? What do you expect? How can the world take away your FEELING of discomfort?

*chip, chirp, chirp....*

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #132 posted 09/18/18 10:53pm

free2bFreeda2

TweetyV6 said:

free2bFreeda2 said:

TweetyV6 said:

Keep on brabling bullpoop. I don't care. I'm immune to somebody trying to put guilt on me for laughing at a cartoon.

most kernels seek respect not attention.
👆
: https://www.news.com.au/s...2c0b766e33
Reply #133 posted 09/19/18 1:42am

TweetyV6

free2bFreeda2 said:

TweetyV6 said:

most kernels seek respect not attention. 👆 : https://www.news.com.au/s...2c0b766e33

Still crying about racism in the cartoon?

Don't forget to take your pills and put on your straight jacket when the doctor comes to return you to the loony-bin. Maybe he has a nice shot of calm-down-and-get-over-it stuff for ya.

Reply #134 posted 09/19/18 2:38am

CherryMoon57

Image result for the best way to draw serena williams without being racist

Reply #135 posted 09/19/18 4:33am

TweetyV6

CherryMoon57 said:

Image result for the best way to draw serena williams without being racist

falloff

Free2bFreeda2 & ThatWhiteDude approved

Reply #136 posted 09/19/18 8:08am

free2bFreeda2

10 best women's tennis players of all time
Sept 2018
: https://www.google.com/am...-.10632315
😊
and top ranking goes to Serena Williams
👇
1. Serena Williams owns the greatest weapon in the history of women's tennis: her serve. Combine that with her overall power game and unrelenting determination, and you have the most dominant women's player ever. With her victory over sister Venus in the Australian Open final early Saturday, she now has 23 Grand Slam titles in the Open era, breaking a tie with Steffi Graf for the most of all time. She also accomplished the Serena Slam of 2002-2003 when she won, in order, the French Open, Wimbledon, U.S. Open and Australian Open. Williams also has battled through illness and injuries that looked to derail her career. But at age 35 she's still going strong.
(and her sister Venus is at number 8)
:
https://en.m.wikipedia.or...a_Williams
World No. 1 ranked players
Country Player Weeks
total
USA Venus Williams (3) 11
USA Serena Williams 57
BEL Kim Clijsters 10

so inspite of all the cartoon debates about the racist and ill timed austrlian cartoon of serena Williams, no one can logically degrade her as an african americsn/black woman who has supremely placed the u s on the top of sports world as a supreme tennis player, white, black, or otherwise.
🌎
I truly wish opponent miss Osaka the best, and heck even she is not white. (although the racist cartoon depicts her as looking white.....on first, second, third and etc glance.)

and heck if the afore mentioned depiction of miss Osaka is not racist and insulting in content then those who continue to justify the caricature of Serena are lost in an racist abyss.
and as we're seeing and witnessing here, a truly exposed racist would rather eat a kernel of dog shit than admit to being wrong. the hilarious part of it all is the futile and self degrading level that some go through in attempts to justify their racist mindset.
oh well one day the pseudo supremacist will stfu after they discover the lost kernel of truth.

popcorn
[Edited 9/19/18 10:38am]
Reply #137 posted 09/19/18 12:45pm

DiminutiveRock
er

TweetyV6 said:

free2bFreeda2 said:

TweetyV6 said: most kernels seek respect not attention. 👆 : https://www.news.com.au/s...2c0b766e33

Still crying about racism in the cartoon?

Don't forget to take your pills and put on your straight jacket when the doctor comes to return you to the loony-bin. Maybe he has a nice shot of calm-down-and-get-over-it stuff for ya.

And don't forget to reference Voxx 2014

rolleyes

Reply #138 posted 09/19/18 1:45pm

toejam

free2BFreeda said:

the racist cartoon depicts [Naomi Osaka] as looking white.....on first, second, third and etc glance.

The cartoon does not depict Naomi Osaka as white. She is depicted as having a skin tone between that of Serena and the chair umpire... err... like in real life! And she is given a blonde pony-tail because she had a dyed blonde pony-tail on the day.

Toejam @ Peach & Black Podcast: http://peachandblack.podbean.com
Toejam's band "Cheap Fakes": http://cheapfakes.com.au, http://www.facebook.com/cheapfakes
Toejam the solo artist: http://www.youtube.com/scottbignell
Reply #139 posted 09/19/18 2:20pm

free2bFreeda2

toejam said:

free2BFreeda said:

the racist cartoon depicts [Naomi Osaka] as looking white.....on first, second, third and etc glance.

The cartoon does not depict Naomi Osaka as white. She is depicted as having a skin tone between that of Serena and the chair umpire... err... like in real life! And she is given a blonde pony-tail because she had a dyed blonde pony-tail on the day.

🤓
the majority begs to differ

: https://www.google.com/am...33256.html
10 September 2018
Racism 101'
Controversial cartoon depicts Serena Williams as 'angry black woman,' Naomi Osaka as white blonde

excerpt:
the depiction of Williams as a supersized, stereotypical “angry black woman” and the Haitian-Japanese Osaka as a white woman with blond hair has been roundly slammed as racially insensitive and offensive.

While Williams is drawn as a furious, overly bulky woman caught midtantrum — evoking a number of racial stereotypes — her opponent has been transformed into a slim Gwyneth Paltrow type.
😬
by the way white racist have been proven to be mentally ill, and now many are showing signs of ocular optical disabilities. seems it's being proven by a few wanna be right volks here.
racist morons often suffer ocular trauma that caused inability to perceive visual reality..... a yet to be understood type of blindness.
😨
hopefully wellness (4 U 2) will find you.

[Edited 9/19/18 14:49pm]
Reply #140 posted 09/19/18 2:44pm

CherryMoon57

Free2BFreeda Has it occurred to you that it might just be a case of media fuelled mass paranoia?

Reply #141 posted 09/19/18 2:58pm

free2bFreeda2

CherryMoon57 said:

Free2BFreeda Has it occurred to you that it might just be a case of media fuelled mass paranoia?

nope.
Reply #142 posted 09/19/18 3:31pm

CherryMoon57

free2bFreeda2 said:

CherryMoon57 said:

nope.

Just because one does not see racism everywhere doesn't mean that they are a white supremacist. Sweeping generalisations and divisive mindsets can be just as dangerous as racism.

Reply #143 posted 09/19/18 3:55pm

toejam

free2bFreeda said:
🤓
the majority begs to differ

I'm not sure it is the majority, but either way truth is not determined by popular opinion. You keep insisting that Naomi Osaka is portrayed as "white" or "white looking" in the cartoon. Yet a simple comparison of the skin tones used by the artist begs to differ. Naomi's tone is depicted as darker than the white chair umpire and with a typically 'Japanese' pose and demeanor. Everytime you link to an article that says Naomi is depicted "white" you don't strengthen any argument, you just expose another who is projecting something that isn't there.
Toejam @ Peach & Black Podcast: http://peachandblack.podbean.com
Toejam's band "Cheap Fakes": http://cheapfakes.com.au, http://www.facebook.com/cheapfakes
Toejam the solo artist: http://www.youtube.com/scottbignell
Reply #144 posted 09/19/18 4:01pm

ThatWhiteDude

CherryMoon57 said:

free2bFreeda2 said:

CherryMoon57 said:

nope.

Just because one does not see racism everywhere doesn't mean that they are a white supremacist. Sweeping generalisations and divisive mindsets can be just as dangerous as racism.

With all due respect Cherrymoon, but tweetyV6 is a racist, or why else would He send me a Video of a racist man who cried because YouTube deleted His racist video? free2bFreeda2 didn't just accuse him of being one.
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."

"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
Reply #145 posted 09/19/18 4:04pm

ThatWhiteDude

And that's why I Said that it is not surprising that Tweety doesn't See the racism Here, He probably doesn't See racism anywhere or He simply doesn't care because racism doesn't have any impact in his life
[Edited 9/19/18 16:04pm]
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."

"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
Reply #146 posted 09/19/18 4:09pm

free2bFreeda2

CherryMoon57 said:

free2bFreeda2 said:

CherryMoon57 said:

nope.

what you are expressing makes all the sense in the world TO YOU!
however until you come to the u s, take some courses in racial disparity, white priviledge, historical effects of the terroristic kkk and violent white supremacist, the efforts of the racially biased educational system to undereducated and underfund academic institutions for black children, the disney, Warner brothers racist cartoons fed to black and brown children, the history of police brutality and the multi amounts of unwarranted deaths of black men and (most times) innocent young black males at the hands and guns of over zealous (many times--->) racist cops , the biased judicial system that almost always (90% the time) exonerate killer cops,
you will always be blinded to the truth.

the disparaging way people like Serena Williams, former first lady Michelle Obama has been depicted as ugly, unitelligent, stupid, subhuman, ranting.unequal unappealing appearances compared,to whites and being the fodder for analytical discussions and cruel laughter.
the racist white citizens of the u s have thrown their monkey shit in the faces of people of color, (mexicans, many asian groups, jewish people and native indian americans) for decades.
so if you are thinking the media is being paranoid, perhaps you need to update the lens of your limited and unaware mindset.

seems you'd have to be black/african american to understand my pov.
and no I do not see racism everywhere in my day to day life, but I see it more than a lot of it here from a few of the orgers.
note:
please know that I'm sure that you are a nice person, and that u alone are not responsible for the ugliness put upon blacks by racist supremacist just because you are white. i'd never paint you that ugly.
[Edited 9/19/18 19:24pm]
Reply #147 posted 09/19/18 4:22pm

CherryMoon57

ThatWhiteDude said:

CherryMoon57 said:

With all due respect Cherrymoon, but tweetyV6 is a racist, or why else would He send me a Video of a racist man who cried because YouTube deleted His racist video? free2bFreeda2 didn't just accuse him of being one.

I was not aware of this plus it is not clear who her offensive rant is about in her previous post or whether it is was part of the article she cited as there were no inverted commas.

free2BFreeda said:

🤓 the majority begs to differ : https://www.google.com/am...33256.html 10 September 2018 Racism 101'
Controversial cartoon depicts Serena Williams as 'angry black woman,' Naomi Osaka as white blonde
excerpt: the depiction of Williams as a supersized, stereotypical “angry black woman” and the Haitian-Japanese Osaka as a white woman with blond hair has been roundly slammed as racially insensitive and offensive. While Williams is drawn as a furious, overly bulky woman caught midtantrum — evoking a number of racial stereotypes — her opponent has been transformed into a slim Gwyneth Paltrow type. 😬

by the way white racist have been proven to be mentally ill, and now many are showing signs of ocular optical disabilities. seems it's being proven by a few wanna be right volks here.
racist morons often suffer ocular trauma that caused inability to perceive visual reality..... a yet to be understood type of blindness.
😨
hopefully wellness (4 U 2) will find you.
[Edited 9/19/18 14:49pm]

Reply #148 posted 09/19/18 5:12pm

CherryMoon57

free2bFreeda2 said:

CherryMoon57 said:

what you are expressing makes all the sense in the world TO YOU! however until you come to the u s, take some courses in racial disparity, white priviledge, historical effects of the terroristic kkk and violent white supremacist, the efforts of the racially biased educational system, the disney, Warner brothers racist cartoons fed to black and brown children, the history of police brutality and the multi amounts of unwarranted deaths of black men, innocent young black males, then you will always be blinded to the truth. the disparaging way people like Serena Williams, former first lady Michelle Obama has been depicted as ugly, unitelligent, lazy, stupid, subhuman, unequal to whites and fodder for analytical discussions as well as cruel laughter. however seems you'd have to be black/african american to understand my pov. and no I do not see racism everywhere in my day to day life, but I see it more than a lot here from a few of the orgers.

I have lived in the US and know all about the origins of racism over there. I am totally aware (and against) all of the above and I have been for many years. I know that racism is embedded in our culture(s), there is no need to convince me about that fact. But I also know that as a result, people often quickly draw the wrong conclusions and end up linking racism with almost anything. This mindset only serves to maintain division amongst people. The cartoon is also a reminder that people (including african-americans) cannot easily see a black person as equal. The majority sees a 'black' person as a victim (or target) that one should not laugh about in the same way that most people would naturally laugh about if they were a 'white' person. Real freedom will happen when anyone of any colour will be able to laugh at anyone in the same natural way without the colour of their skin even coming to mind.

Reply #149 posted 09/19/18 5:52pm

free2bFreeda2

cherrymoon said:
I was not aware of this plus it is not clear who her offensive rant is about in her previous post or whether it is was part of the article she cited as there were no inverted commas.

please be aware:
when i key in words to express my pov, they are always my own.
if and when i post an article or post words other than my own, i always post the source/link.....
it is a rule that is within the rules of the p&r form.
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > I'm sorry but Serena Williams is not a victim.