independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 3:19pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Almost 2000 children separated from families at US border following Trump administration 'zero tolerance' policy
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 12 of 13 « First<45678910111213>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #330 posted 07/17/18 9:02am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

Oh for the love of God....



https://www.cnn.com/2018/...ndex.html



With a deadline looming, the US can't find parents of 71 children it may have separated

What's the latest?

-- The US government hasn't been able to find the parents of 71 children who were likely separated from their families, a Health and Human Services official said Monday.
"There are some children who we believe are separated for whom we have not yet identified the parent," said Jonathan White, HHS assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

Massive human rights violations... confused

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #331 posted 07/20/18 7:42am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Oh for the love of God....



https://www.cnn.com/2018/...ndex.html



With a deadline looming, the US can't find parents of 71 children it may have separated

What's the latest?

-- The US government hasn't been able to find the parents of 71 children who were likely separated from their families, a Health and Human Services official said Monday.
"There are some children who we believe are separated for whom we have not yet identified the parent," said Jonathan White, HHS assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

Massive human rights violations... confused




Deadline to return ALL the children is looming....

I was on FB and saw a meme pocture of young hispanic men climbing a wall and the caption said something like, "if you do not want to get arrested don't cross the boarder" ---- but MANY if not all of these recent arrests wherein children were taken were at legitimate ports of entry where people were tryign to seek asylum in this country. *THAT* is the kind of propaganda that misleads and spreads fear and fans the flames of xenophobia.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #332 posted 07/20/18 7:54am

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Massive human rights violations... confused




Deadline to return ALL the children is looming....

I was on FB and saw a meme pocture of young hispanic men climbing a wall and the caption said something like, "if you do not want to get arrested don't cross the boarder" ---- but MANY if not all of these recent arrests wherein children were taken were at legitimate ports of entry where people were tryign to seek asylum in this country. *THAT* is the kind of propaganda that misleads and spreads fear and fans the flames of xenophobia.

Yes, but I don't think the people supporting the wall care about legal immigration either. It's already been shown that most illegals come here on planes and never leave. Trump's stupid wall is symbolic for the most part, but it did the trick. And it targets poor brown people, of course. wall


This is the second deadline they will miss. I'm sure there will be more.

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #333 posted 07/20/18 4:19pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

poppys said:

DiminutiveRocker said:




Deadline to return ALL the children is looming....

I was on FB and saw a meme pocture of young hispanic men climbing a wall and the caption said something like, "if you do not want to get arrested don't cross the boarder" ---- but MANY if not all of these recent arrests wherein children were taken were at legitimate ports of entry where people were tryign to seek asylum in this country. *THAT* is the kind of propaganda that misleads and spreads fear and fans the flames of xenophobia.

Yes, but I don't think the people supporting the wall care about legal immigration either. It's already been shown that most illegals come here on planes and never leave. Trump's stupid wall is symbolic for the most part, but it did the trick. And it targets poor brown people, of course. wall


This is the second deadline they will miss. I'm sure there will be more.

neutral UGH! I cannot believe how fucked up this is. There is a rally tomorrow in LA... I might have to go vent among my fellow outraged citizens









[Edited 7/20/18 16:20pm]

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #334 posted 07/24/18 5:09pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

mad


The Trump administration was preparing to tell a federal court that more than 450 migrant parents whose children were separated from them are no longer in the U.S.
Immigrant advocates said many parents signed forms they didn’t understand, or agreed to be deported because they thought it would allow rapid reunifications with their children. Essentially, they did not realize they were leaving their children behind.

[Edited 7/24/18 17:09pm]

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #335 posted 07/25/18 1:09pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

bumpit I do not want this to fall off the radar - parents have bene deported without their children sad












[Edited 7/25/18 13:10pm]

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #336 posted 07/25/18 2:05pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

bumpit I do not want this to fall off the radar - parents have bene deported without their children sad


grouphug These unfortunate people are being used and abused for political purposes. grouphug

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #337 posted 07/25/18 4:09pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

poppys said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

bumpit I do not want this to fall off the radar - parents have bene deported without their children sad


grouphug These unfortunate people are being used and abused for political purposes. grouphug


This SHOULD be Trump's legacy in the history books - separating children and deporting their parents without them.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #338 posted 07/29/18 9:12am

poppys

http://www.chicagotribune...tory.html#

Trump willing to shut down government over border security

Donald Trump,Melania Trump

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrive on Air Force One at Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, N.J., Friday, July 27, 2018, en route to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.

(Carolyn Kaster / AP)

Darlene SupervilleAssociated Press

President Donald Trump said Sunday he'd be willing to shut down the government if Democrats refuse to vote for his immigration proposals, including building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I would be willing to 'shut down' government if the Democrats do not give us the votes for Border Security, which includes the Wall!" Trump tweeted. "Must get rid of Lottery, Catch & Release etc.
and finally go to system of Immigration based on MERIT!

"We need great people coming into our Country!" Trump said.

Trump returned to the idea of shutting down the government over the border wall just days after meeting at the White House with House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to discuss the fall legislative agenda.

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #339 posted 07/29/18 9:16am

PennyPurple

avatar

poppys said:

http://www.chicagotribune...tory.html#

Trump willing to shut down government over border security

Donald Trump,Melania Trump

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrive on Air Force One at Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, N.J., Friday, July 27, 2018, en route to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.

(Carolyn Kaster / AP)

Darlene SupervilleAssociated Press

President Donald Trump said Sunday he'd be willing to shut down the government if Democrats refuse to vote for his immigration proposals, including building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I would be willing to 'shut down' government if the Democrats do not give us the votes for Border Security, which includes the Wall!" Trump tweeted. "Must get rid of Lottery, Catch & Release etc.
and finally go to system of Immigration based on MERIT!

"We need great people coming into our Country!" Trump said.

Trump returned to the idea of shutting down the government over the border wall just days after meeting at the White House with House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to discuss the fall legislative agenda.

I am so sick of this asshole.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #340 posted 07/29/18 10:00am

13cjk13

PennyPurple said:

poppys said:

http://www.chicagotribune...tory.html#

Trump willing to shut down government over border security

Donald Trump,Melania Trump

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrive on Air Force One at Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, N.J., Friday, July 27, 2018, en route to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.

(Carolyn Kaster / AP)

Darlene SupervilleAssociated Press

President Donald Trump said Sunday he'd be willing to shut down the government if Democrats refuse to vote for his immigration proposals, including building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I would be willing to 'shut down' government if the Democrats do not give us the votes for Border Security, which includes the Wall!" Trump tweeted. "Must get rid of Lottery, Catch & Release etc.
and finally go to system of Immigration based on MERIT!

"We need great people coming into our Country!" Trump said.

Trump returned to the idea of shutting down the government over the border wall just days after meeting at the White House with House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to discuss the fall legislative agenda.

I am so sick of this asshole.

He really is one sick and dangerous fuck.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #341 posted 07/29/18 10:17am

PennyPurple

avatar

That's ok midterm election is just around the corner, let him shut it down, one more reason for everyone to vote for the Dems.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #342 posted 07/29/18 10:57am

poppys

PennyPurple said:

That's ok midterm election is just around the corner, let him shut it down, one more reason for everyone to vote for the Dems.

There were some positive numbers showing for the midterms on Meet the Press today. The 3 hinky states are moving back to blue-ish. Hope they do the right thing this time. Trumpy sez he's going to campaign 6 or 7 days a week this Fall so he will be doing his MAGA shtick all over the place no doubt.

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #343 posted 07/29/18 11:10am

13cjk13

poppys said:

PennyPurple said:

That's ok midterm election is just around the corner, let him shut it down, one more reason for everyone to vote for the Dems.

There were some positive numbers showing for the midterms on Meet the Press today. The 3 hinky states are moving back to blue-ish. Hope they do the right thing this time. Trumpy sez he's going to campaign 6 or 7 days a week this Fall so he will be doing his MAGA shtick all over the place no doubt.

Nauseating. I hate Nazi rallies.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #344 posted 07/29/18 3:48pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

poppys said:

http://www.chicagotribune...tory.html#

Trump willing to shut down government over border security

Donald Trump,Melania Trump

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrive on Air Force One at Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, N.J., Friday, July 27, 2018, en route to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.

(Carolyn Kaster / AP)

Darlene SupervilleAssociated Press

President Donald Trump said Sunday he'd be willing to shut down the government if Democrats refuse to vote for his immigration proposals, including building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I would be willing to 'shut down' government if the Democrats do not give us the votes for Border Security, which includes the Wall!" Trump tweeted. "Must get rid of Lottery, Catch & Release etc.
and finally go to system of Immigration based on MERIT!

"We need great people coming into our Country!" Trump said.

Trump returned to the idea of shutting down the government over the border wall just days after meeting at the White House with House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to discuss the fall legislative agenda.

I am so sick of this asshole.

Me too! neutral

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #345 posted 07/29/18 5:42pm

PennyPurple

avatar

poppys said:

PennyPurple said:

That's ok midterm election is just around the corner, let him shut it down, one more reason for everyone to vote for the Dems.

There were some positive numbers showing for the midterms on Meet the Press today. The 3 hinky states are moving back to blue-ish. Hope they do the right thing this time. Trumpy sez he's going to campaign 6 or 7 days a week this Fall so he will be doing his MAGA shtick all over the place no doubt.

Yeah the asshole was in Missouri 2 times last week. mad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #346 posted 07/30/18 6:52am

benni

avatar

I wanted to add this here:




  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #347 posted 07/30/18 10:16am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

^ thank you for posting, Benni - wow... just wow sigh

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #348 posted 07/30/18 11:12am

benni

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

^ thank you for posting, Benni - wow... just wow sigh


I thought it was very poignant and on point. "That's how power works" was a very powerful statement to me, and when we give in to white privilege, we don't always do so because we don't see the injustice, but because we are a subtle victim of that same power whether we choose to be or not. White privilege hurts us, too, when we comply or give in to it. If we try to buck the system, we suffer a very subtle form of punishment. Of course, it definitely hurts people of color more and in a more overt way. It always upsets me when a white person says there is no such as "white privilege". Yes, there is, but they choose to not see it and aren't self-aware enough to realize it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #349 posted 07/30/18 11:32am

poppys

Good stuff benni!

The White Privilege Myth hurts everyone. It makes stupid white people lazy because they perceive themselves on a "higher rung" up the ladder. Their children rinse & repeat this attitude and don't excel as human beings.

It's the Aspiring Overseer role on the plantation*. Thanks - you greedy assholes.


*sorry, I meant border. Same difference.


[Edited 7/30/18 13:28pm]

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #350 posted 07/30/18 12:51pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

^ thank you for posting, Benni - wow... just wow sigh


I thought it was very poignant and on point. "That's how power works" was a very powerful statement to me, and when we give in to white privilege, we don't always do so because we don't see the injustice, but because we are a subtle victim of that same power whether we choose to be or not. White privilege hurts us, too, when we comply or give in to it. If we try to buck the system, we suffer a very subtle form of punishment. Of course, it definitely hurts people of color more and in a more overt way. It always upsets me when a white person says there is no such as "white privilege". Yes, there is, but they choose to not see it and aren't self-aware enough to realize it.

Yes, I completley agree. I have a good friend, she is very smart and super liberal and is the first person to speak up against political and social inequality. She married a man of Chinese decent whose family hails from Jamaica! She is a blond blue-eyed Irish gal from Boston. Her six children are mixed race and are gorgeous. She and I and one of her older daughters were talking about the Bill Maher "N word" incident and the topic of white privilege came up. My friend was not really sure exactly what "white privilege" referred to and never dissected what it meant, even in her own life since she felt like she was open and liberal and on the side of right when it came to race. But her daughter (who has experienced prejudice against Asians) explained it very clearly and with examples. After word my friend felt enlightened and realized that white people often are not self-aware and do or say things without even thinking.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #351 posted 07/31/18 7:41am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

According to good economics if immigrants left the economy would tank. But liberals should not support ready to work slavery either.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #352 posted 07/31/18 8:08am

jjhunsecker

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

benni said:


I thought it was very poignant and on point. "That's how power works" was a very powerful statement to me, and when we give in to white privilege, we don't always do so because we don't see the injustice, but because we are a subtle victim of that same power whether we choose to be or not. White privilege hurts us, too, when we comply or give in to it. If we try to buck the system, we suffer a very subtle form of punishment. Of course, it definitely hurts people of color more and in a more overt way. It always upsets me when a white person says there is no such as "white privilege". Yes, there is, but they choose to not see it and aren't self-aware enough to realize it.

Yes, I completley agree. I have a good friend, she is very smart and super liberal and is the first person to speak up against political and social inequality. She married a man of Chinese decent whose family hails from Jamaica! She is a blond blue-eyed Irish gal from Boston. Her six children are mixed race and are gorgeous. She and I and one of her older daughters were talking about the Bill Maher "N word" incident and the topic of white privilege came up. My friend was not really sure exactly what "white privilege" referred to and never dissected what it meant, even in her own life since she felt like she was open and liberal and on the side of right when it came to race. But her daughter (who has experienced prejudice against Asians) explained it very clearly and with examples. After word my friend felt enlightened and realized that white people often are not self-aware and do or say things without even thinking.

To me, the greatest manisfestation of "White Privilege" is that White people are almost always seen as individuals, whereas minorites (especially Blacks, Hispanics , and Muslims) are often looked at as a group, as if every member of that group knows and is responsible for all the statements and actions of other members of their group. So for example, if I as a Black man walk into a store, I'm often profiled and followed because perhaps some other Black person might have stolen something from there. Yet Whites are never profiled the same way, or held accountable for the actions of other White people.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #353 posted 07/31/18 9:29am

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Yes, I completley agree. I have a good friend, she is very smart and super liberal and is the first person to speak up against political and social inequality. She married a man of Chinese decent whose family hails from Jamaica! She is a blond blue-eyed Irish gal from Boston. Her six children are mixed race and are gorgeous. She and I and one of her older daughters were talking about the Bill Maher "N word" incident and the topic of white privilege came up. My friend was not really sure exactly what "white privilege" referred to and never dissected what it meant, even in her own life since she felt like she was open and liberal and on the side of right when it came to race. But her daughter (who has experienced prejudice against Asians) explained it very clearly and with examples. After word my friend felt enlightened and realized that white people often are not self-aware and do or say things without even thinking.

To me, the greatest manisfestation of "White Privilege" is that White people are almost always seen as individuals, whereas minorites (especially Blacks, Hispanics , and Muslims) are often looked at as a group, as if every member of that group knows and is responsible for all the statements and actions of other members of their group. So for example, if I as a Black man walk into a store, I'm often profiled and followed because perhaps some other Black person might have stolen something from there. Yet Whites are never profiled the same way, or held accountable for the actions of other White people.

That must really suck on a daily basis. shake

Remember when Orange asked a black reporter in a press conference if she knew the Congressional Black Caucus and asked her to "set up the meeting"?

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #354 posted 07/31/18 9:50am

jjhunsecker

avatar

poppys said:

jjhunsecker said:

To me, the greatest manisfestation of "White Privilege" is that White people are almost always seen as individuals, whereas minorites (especially Blacks, Hispanics , and Muslims) are often looked at as a group, as if every member of that group knows and is responsible for all the statements and actions of other members of their group. So for example, if I as a Black man walk into a store, I'm often profiled and followed because perhaps some other Black person might have stolen something from there. Yet Whites are never profiled the same way, or held accountable for the actions of other White people.

That must really suck on a daily basis. shake

Remember when Orange asked a black reporter in a press conference if she knew the Congressional Black Caucus and asked her to "set up the meeting"?

I've learned ways to lessen the suspicion on me- I always take off my hat when entering a store, and I NEVER open my bag to take anything out or put anything in while I'm in the store. I always make sure that anything I need- like coupons- are in my hand before I enter.

And Trump's comments illustrate my point- he thinks all Black people MUST know each other, and we must communicate at our secret meetings ...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #355 posted 07/31/18 9:58am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

That must really suck on a daily basis. shake

Remember when Orange asked a black reporter in a press conference if she knew the Congressional Black Caucus and asked her to "set up the meeting"?

I've learned ways to lessen the suspicion on me- I always take off my hat when entering a store, and I NEVER open my bag to take anything out or put anything in while I'm in the store. I always make sure that anything I need- like coupons- are in my hand before I enter.

And Trump's comments illustrate my point- he thinks all Black people MUST know each other, and we must communicate at our secret meetings ...

JJ... that makes me sad that you go to such measures just to shop neutral worse is that you feel you have to.

Trump is a racist.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #356 posted 07/31/18 10:53am

maplenpg

avatar

The UK is no better disbelief


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45021520


'Many' of the 500 rejected children are now missing. disbelief

[Edited 7/31/18 10:55am]

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #357 posted 07/31/18 11:05am

jjhunsecker

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

jjhunsecker said:

I've learned ways to lessen the suspicion on me- I always take off my hat when entering a store, and I NEVER open my bag to take anything out or put anything in while I'm in the store. I always make sure that anything I need- like coupons- are in my hand before I enter.

And Trump's comments illustrate my point- he thinks all Black people MUST know each other, and we must communicate at our secret meetings ...

JJ... that makes me sad that you go to such measures just to shop neutral worse is that you feel you have to.

Trump is a racist.

Thanks. Based on incidents that have happened to me personally, and to friends and relatives, I feel as if I have to take these measures to avoid any possible problems. And not to say that anybody should be profiled, but I look as furthest from a "thug" (however one defines that) as possible- I'm a middle-aged guy in Dockers (probably the closest celebrity I resemble would be Keegan Michael Key), but even I'm still followed in stores.

I totally agree- Trump is a racist and a White Supremacist. Has been all his life.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #358 posted 07/31/18 11:52am

Brendan

avatar

I completely agree.

Equality is about being afforded the ability to be as individually considered as everyone else.

Having said that, as a white male teenager I was profiled in stores, especially if I dressed and acted in a more covert, menacing way (although I’m a very non-threatening looking person — think Timothy Hutton in “Ordinary People” — while someone who looks like Jaws from James Bond fame will likely always be feared by some until showing that he has no designs on crushing you).

But it is also extremely important to point out that in very few situations was it likely even close to the same as what a true minority might experience given the same circumstances. There was simply a much smaller chance of it escalating further through lack of knowledge or experience, or just flat-out willful ignorance.

In other words, many of those in charge (in some cases, maybe most or even all in the 1980s) were much more likely to know someone like me, or even be like me, making it easier on me without me perhaps even knowing about it (“white privilege”).

That’s why diversity is not some politically correct mantra, it’s what we all need at our core.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #359 posted 07/31/18 1:58pm

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:



DiminutiveRocker said:




benni said:




I thought it was very poignant and on point. "That's how power works" was a very powerful statement to me, and when we give in to white privilege, we don't always do so because we don't see the injustice, but because we are a subtle victim of that same power whether we choose to be or not. White privilege hurts us, too, when we comply or give in to it. If we try to buck the system, we suffer a very subtle form of punishment. Of course, it definitely hurts people of color more and in a more overt way. It always upsets me when a white person says there is no such as "white privilege". Yes, there is, but they choose to not see it and aren't self-aware enough to realize it.




Yes, I completley agree. I have a good friend, she is very smart and super liberal and is the first person to speak up against political and social inequality. She married a man of Chinese decent whose family hails from Jamaica! She is a blond blue-eyed Irish gal from Boston. Her six children are mixed race and are gorgeous. She and I and one of her older daughters were talking about the Bill Maher "N word" incident and the topic of white privilege came up. My friend was not really sure exactly what "white privilege" referred to and never dissected what it meant, even in her own life since she felt like she was open and liberal and on the side of right when it came to race. But her daughter (who has experienced prejudice against Asians) explained it very clearly and with examples. After word my friend felt enlightened and realized that white people often are not self-aware and do or say things without even thinking.




To me, the greatest manisfestation of "White Privilege" is that White people are almost always seen as individuals, whereas minorites (especially Blacks, Hispanics , and Muslims) are often looked at as a group, as if every member of that group knows and is responsible for all the statements and actions of other members of their group. So for example, if I as a Black man walk into a store, I'm often profiled and followed because perhaps some other Black person might have stolen something from there. Yet Whites are never profiled the same way, or held accountable for the actions of other White people.


@ Bolded part - The benefits of White privilege.
Rest in Power Elijah Cummings. Thank you for your fight for human rights/justice. Your legacy will never die in vain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 12 of 13 « First<45678910111213>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Almost 2000 children separated from families at US border following Trump administration 'zero tolerance' policy