independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Underrated Black Author Kristin Hunter (The Soul Brothers and Sister Lou)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

mikemike13

Underrated Black Author Kristin Hunter (The Soul Brothers and Sister Lou)

In essays, journals, and books documenting the achievements of Black women writers, Kristin Hunter has often been written out of the literary history. Critic Teresa de Lauretis observed , “Hunter is among the most ignored contemporary black writers.

https://catapult.co/stori...tin-hunter

[Edited 3/29/18 13:11pm]

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/31/18 6:13am

Dasein

mikemike13 said:

In essays, journals, and books documenting the achievements of Black women writers, Kristin Hunter has often been written out of the literary history. Critic Teresa de Lauretis observed , “Hunter is among the most ignored contemporary black writers.

https://catapult.co/stori...tin-hunter

[Edited 3/29/18 13:11pm]

Hey, I actually enjoyed reading this as I've never heard of Kristin Hunter (I don't read any fiction
these days - I'm mostly into astronomy and cosmology and physics). Anyways:

It has been my experience that women thinkers are the finest in the world; the most intellectually
stimulating and aesthetically pleasing theological and philosophical arguments I've read were mostly
written by a woman. And, it was a Black female philosopher who taught me how to think critically,
so I owe my intellectual renaissance in part to her.

Unfortunately, as our western culture stands in the US, we do not champion critical thinking and we
simply do not read as much as we used to. Speaking of which, time to get off the inturnetz and go
read or work on this new album . . .

Reply #2 posted 03/31/18 11:08am

2freaky4church

Fiction?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #3 posted 03/31/18 11:30am

Dasein

2freaky4church1 said:

Fiction?

Nah.

Well, I mean, you could consider philosophy and theology fiction, but I've no time for that crap
anymore either: metaphysics is dead, and we killed God a long time ago. So, the new hawt shit
is in quantum mechanics, astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, physics, and biology. I definitely
ain't into reading about Jewish zombies anymore.

wink

New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Underrated Black Author Kristin Hunter (The Soul Brothers and Sister Lou)