independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

free2bFreeda2

White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results

16 August 2017

[See: 2elijah's facts have been true all along re: many white people have a percentage african dna in their system]

: https://www.yahoo.com/new...s-are.html

A self-identified white nationalist at the

Charlottesville rally.

>

It was a strange moment of triumph against racism: The gun-slinging white supremacist Craig Cobb, dressed up for daytime TV in a dark suit and red tie, hearing that his DNA testing revealed his ancestry to be only “86% European, and … 14% Sub-Saharan African.” The studio audience whooped and laughed and cheered. And Cobb — who was, in 2013, charged with terrorizing people while trying to create an all-white enclave in North Dakota — reacted like a sore loser in the schoolyard. “Wait a minute, wait a minute, hold on, just wait a minute,” he said, trying to put on an all-knowing smile. “This is called statistical noise.” Then, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, he took to the white nationalist ...

Then, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, he took to the white nationalist website Stormfront to dispute those results. That’s not uncommon: With the rise of spit-in-a-cup genetic testing, there’s a trend of white nationalists using these services to prove their racial identity, and then using online forums to discuss the results.

But like Cobb, many are disappointed to find out that their ancestry is not as “white” as they’d hoped. In a new study, sociologists Aaron Panofsky and Joan Donovan examined years’ worth of posts on Stormfront to see how members dealt with the news.

It’s striking, they say, that white nationalists would post these results online at all. After all, as Panofsky put it, “they will basically say if you want to be a member of Stormfront you have to be 100% white European, not Jewish.”

But instead of rejecting members who get contrary results, Donovan said, the conversations are “overwhelmingly” focused on helping the person to rethink the validity of t...netic test. And some of those critiques — while emerging from deep-seated racism — are close to scientists’ own qualms about commercial genetic ancestry testing.

Panofsky and Donovan presented their findings at a sociology conference in Montreal on Monday. The timing of the talk — some 48 hours after the violent white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. — was coincidental. But the analysis provides a useful, if frightening, window into how these extremist groups think about their genes.

Reckoning with results

Stormfront was launched in the mid-1990s by Don Black, a former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. His skills in computer programming were directly related to his criminal activities: He learned them while in prison for trying to invade the Caribbean island nation of Dominica in 1981, and then worked as a web developer after he got out. That means this website dates back to the early years of the internet, forming a kind of deep archive of online hate.

please read more: http://www.businessinside...lts-2017-8

rolleyes

so perhaps the dna-ist

should start singing,

say it loud i'm a mixed

blood racist, not pure

ayran, now un proud.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQodnMiqSdHjtIXd17gu2fDjPK-ckIA69SFXV_ogkzNOtmZvFFP

- E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/16/17 11:18am

2elijah

Lol.. thanks Freeeda. hug See I told y'all. This is why I think that right now what this country needs to debunk the white supremacy bs, is for the media to get some genetic scientists, archaeologists, anthropologists, experts from from 23andme, ancestryDNA, and a few more experts on a panel to discuss DNA and race.

That would be a great way to have a national discuss on race. Get Spencer Wells, Dr. Alice Roberts, and Dr. Stephen Oppenheimer on that panel and debunk the white supremacy lie.

All the hate groups that hate Black Americans, yet the majority of Black Americans in this country, are walking around with European DNA. This country needs to be re-educated truths of race. Rant over. whew
[Edited 8/16/17 11:39am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
Reply #2 posted 08/16/17 11:59am

EmmaMcG

2elijah said:

Lol.. thanks Freeeda. hug See I told y'all. This is why I think that right now what this country needs to debunk the white supremacy bs, is for the media to get some genetic scientists, archaeologists, anthropologists, experts from from 23andme, ancestryDNA, and a few more experts on a panel to discuss DNA and race.

That would be a great way to have a national discuss on race. Get Spencer Wells, Dr. Alice Roberts, and Dr. Stephen Oppenheimer on that panel and debunk the white supremacy lie.

All the hate groups that hate Black Americans, yet the majority of Black Americans in this country, are walking around with European DNA. This country needs to be re-educated truths of race. Rant over. whew

I don't think "re-education" will help white supremacists. Anyone who genuinely believes he's better than someone else or hates another person purely based on skin colour is beyond help.
Reply #3 posted 08/16/17 1:07pm

NorthC

2elijah said:

And Europeans are walking around with African DNA because that's where we all come from. Even the whitest of the white (me for instance) came from Africa if we go back long enough. I once saw a documentary by Alice Roberts about how mankind spread out over the earth. Fascinating stuff.
[Edited 8/16/17 13:08pm]
Reply #4 posted 08/16/17 1:19pm

DiminutiveRock
er

NorthC said:

2elijah said:
Lol.. thanks Freeeda. hug See I told y'all. This is why I think that right now what this country needs to debunk the white supremacy bs, is for the media to get some genetic scientists, archaeologists, anthropologists, experts from from 23andme, ancestryDNA, and a few more experts on a panel to discuss DNA and race. That would be a great way to have a national discuss on race. Get Spencer Wells, Dr. Alice Roberts, and Dr. Stephen Oppenheimer on that panel and debunk the white supremacy lie. All the hate groups that hate Black Americans, yet the majority of Black Americans in this country, are walking around with European DNA. This country needs to be re-educated truths of race. Rant over. whew [Edited 8/16/17 11:39am]
And Europeans are walking around with African DNA because that's where we all come from. Even the whitest of the white (me for instance) came from Africa if we go back long enough. I once saw a documentary by Alice Roberts about how mankind spread out over the earth. Fascinating stuff. [Edited 8/16/17 13:08pm]

What's the name of the doc, NC?

I am about to take ab DNA test sent to me by a friend who just took one and was disappointed that she had NO Asian whatsoever n her make up! Her dad is very Irish while her mom is a native Hawaiian Islander and looks it too - but apparently she is likley more native American than anything else. So interesting!

[Edited 8/16/17 13:19pm]

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #5 posted 08/16/17 1:31pm

NorthC

I don't remember the name of the doc. Like I said, it was years ago. But I guess you will have a good chance of finding it if you just google the name Alice Roberts. She has been doing a lot of research about the origins of mankind. (And others too, of course.)
Reply #6 posted 08/16/17 1:39pm

DiminutiveRock
er

NorthC said:

I don't remember the name of the doc. Like I said, it was years ago. But I guess you will have a good chance of finding it if you just google the name Alice Roberts. She has been doing a lot of research about the origins of mankind. (And others too, of course.)

Thanks!

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #7 posted 08/16/17 2:05pm

jjhunsecker

2elijah said:

Lol.. thanks Freeeda. hug See I told y'all. This is why I think that right now what this country needs to debunk the white supremacy bs, is for the media to get some genetic scientists, archaeologists, anthropologists, experts from from 23andme, ancestryDNA, and a few more experts on a panel to discuss DNA and race. That would be a great way to have a national discuss on race. Get Spencer Wells, Dr. Alice Roberts, and Dr. Stephen Oppenheimer on that panel and debunk the white supremacy lie. All the hate groups that hate Black Americans, yet the majority of Black Americans in this country, are walking around with European DNA. This country needs to be re-educated truths of race. Rant over. whew [Edited 8/16/17 11:39am]

Funny (and also sad) story- my great grandfather came to America from Jamaica at the turn of the century. As we discussed before, Black people come in many shades, especially those from the Caribbean. He was light enough here to pass for White, and tha is what he did. He cut himself from his darker relatives (including his own children) and moved into the "White" world. Wouldn't it be ironic- and hysterically funny- if one of his descendents was one of these brain dead morons chanting "Blood and Soil" and other bullshit in places like Charlottesville- totally unaware of what EXACTLY is lurking in their genetic make-up

Reply #8 posted 08/16/17 2:43pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

Funny (and also sad) story- my great grandfather came to America from Jamaica at the turn of the century. As we discussed before, Black people come in many shades, especially those from the Caribbean. He was light enough here to pass for White, and tha is what he did. He cut himself from his darker relatives (including his own children) and moved into the "White" world. Wouldn't it be ironic- and hysterically funny- if one of his descendents was one of these brain dead morons chanting "Blood and Soil" and other bullshit in places like Charlottesville- totally unaware of what EXACTLY is lurking in their genetic make-up

That is so interesting. And as you've mentioned, ain't nobody in Louisiana pure anything. The supremacists are helping each other through it? Lol, pray the African away.

[Edited 8/16/17 15:02pm]

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #9 posted 08/16/17 2:50pm

Horsefeathers

I keep meaning to do this. I would love so much to find out I'm significantly Brown/Black just to piss off the segregationist white supremacists who adopted and raised me. lol
Murica: at least it's not Sudan.
Reply #10 posted 08/16/17 2:51pm

Horsefeathers

Little middle eastern, little Jewish, little black. Oh, lord, they'd die. lol
Murica: at least it's not Sudan.
Reply #11 posted 08/16/17 2:58pm

2elijah

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

That's awful, but that's what a system of racism and generational, false teachings of racial superiority vs inferiority, has done to so many people. Americans need to know the truth about race and debunk the superior/inferior lie. DNA doesn't lie. No one is forcing racists to live in America, just because they can't accept the existence of humans of various hues. Furthermore, who the hell wants the horrors of the past to return?
[Edited 8/16/17 15:06pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #12 posted 08/16/17 2:59pm

2elijah

NorthC said:

2elijah said:

And Europeans are walking around with African DNA because that's where we all come from. Even the whitest of the white (me for instance) came from Africa if we go back long enough. I once saw a documentary by Alice Roberts about how mankind spread out over the earth. Fascinating stuff.
[Edited 8/16/17 13:08pm]

That was a fantastic documentary. I posted it here a while back. She has several on youtube. I thought the one where she challenged the Chinese professor, who thought Chinese were different humans than other humans. After testing the DNA of hundreds of Chinese, Dr. Alice Roberts, proved him wrong.

Also check out Dr. Spencer's Wells documentary 'Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey.'
[Edited 8/16/17 15:05pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #13 posted 08/16/17 3:15pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

NorthC said:
And Europeans are walking around with African DNA because that's where we all come from. Even the whitest of the white (me for instance) came from Africa if we go back long enough. I once saw a documentary by Alice Roberts about how mankind spread out over the earth. Fascinating stuff. [Edited 8/16/17 13:08pm]
That was a fantastic documentary. I posted it here a while back. She has several on youtube. I thought the one where she challenged the Chinese professor, who thought Chinese were different humans than other humans. After testing the DNA of hundreds of Chinese, Dr. Alice Roberts, proved him wrong. Also check out Dr. Spencer's Wells documentary 'Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey.' [Edited 8/16/17 15:05pm]

Thanks 2E!

-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #14 posted 08/16/17 3:20pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

NorthC said:

2elijah said:

I am about to take ab DNA test sent to me by a friend who just took one and was disappointed that she had NO Asian whatsoever n her make up! Her dad is very Irish while her mom is a native Hawaiian Islander and looks it too - but apparently she is likley more native American than anything else. So interesting!

I took one. Here's my results:
87.8% West/South/Central African combined
11.6 British/Irish )Northwestern European/Broadly Southern European combined
0.3% Native American
0.3% Unassigned

**Some companies will not report DNA percentages with less than 0.5% of Native American ancestry, but 23andme will.***
[Edited 8/19/17 17:55pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #15 posted 08/16/17 3:55pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

I took one. Here's my results: 82.8% West/South/Central African combined 11.6 British/Irish )Northwestern European/Broadly Southern European combined 0.3% Native American 0.3% Unassigned **Some companies will not report DNA percentages with less than 0.5% of Native American ancestry, but 23andme will.*** [Edited 8/16/17 15:26pm]

Excited to get mine. My friend had .5% native American which is the minimum for some companies and colleges

-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #16 posted 08/16/17 4:16pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

I took one. Here's my results: 82.8% West/South/Central African combined 11.6 British/Irish )Northwestern European/Broadly Southern European combined 0.3% Native American 0.3% Unassigned **Some companies will not report DNA percentages with less than 0.5% of Native American ancestry, but 23andme will.*** [Edited 8/16/17 15:26pm]

Excited to get mine. My friend had .5% native American which is the minimum for some companies and colleges

They even tell you how many generations back your most recent ancestors, based on your results, lived.

****Updated to add more info:
This is mine:
For my West African ancestry- 1 -3 generations back (Ancestor 100% West African likely born between 1870 to 1930)

For my Central and South African ancestry - 6 to 8 generations back (Ancestor 100% Central and South African likely born between 1690 and 1780.)

For my Native American ancestry -6-8 generations ago (Ancestor was 100% Native American likely born between 1690 and 1780)

For my British/Irish ancestry - 4-7 generations ago (Ancestor 100% British/Irish likely born
Between 1750 to 1840)

Interesting isn't it?
[Edited 8/16/17 18:43pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #17 posted 08/16/17 4:28pm

DiminutiveRock
er

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

They even tell you how many generations back your most recent ancestors, based on your results, lived. This is mine: For my West African ancestry- 1 -3 generations back For Central and South African - 6 to 8 generations back For Native American - 6-8 generations ago For British/Irish - 4-7 generations ago Interesting isn't it?

YES! I can't wait!

-George Orwell, 1984
Reply #18 posted 08/16/17 4:29pm

morningsong

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

They even tell you how many generations back your most recent ancestors, based on your results, lived. This is mine: For my West African ancestry- 1 -3 generations back For Central and South African - 6 to 8 generations back For Native American - 6-8 generations ago For British/Irish - 4-7 generations ago Interesting isn't it?

That's interesting to know.

Reply #19 posted 08/16/17 6:38pm

2elijah

morningsong said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Yes they also give you a timeline (years) that ancestor may have been born/living. See my updated previous post. Not surprising that many Black Americans DNA will have similar results, with different percentages than mine.
[Edited 8/16/17 18:46pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #20 posted 08/16/17 6:49pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

NorthC said:

That was a fantastic documentary. I posted it here a while back. She has several on youtube. I thought the one where she challenged the Chinese professor, who thought Chinese were different humans than other humans. After testing the DNA of hundreds of Chinese, Dr. Alice Roberts, proved him wrong. Also check out Dr. Spencer's Wells documentary 'Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey.' [Edited 8/16/17 15:05pm]

Thanks 2E!

No problem. I've always had an interest for that type of info.

Just imagine how many of those racists would feel seeing that documentary. Many of genetic scientists and anthropologists, have been met with verbal insults for their research and findings on this. Thanks to Freeda for posting this thread.
[Edited 8/16/17 18:50pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #21 posted 08/16/17 7:41pm

SeventeenDayze

2elijah said:

Yep, I know for a fact that on one side of my family I have European ancestry. Every time I look at the contrast in the skin tone between my legs and arms I can see it....also with the texture of my hair I can tell that I'm not 100 percent African at all. I wish these dummies would just fall off the face of the Earth and stop spreading their hate but it ain't gonna happen...

Trolls be gone!
Reply #22 posted 08/16/17 7:42pm

SeventeenDayze

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

What do you mean "especially those from the Caribbean" come in many shades....DUH Prince is a prime example of how black Americans also come in many shades and he's not Caribbean...don't even try it in here man LOL

Trolls be gone!
Reply #23 posted 08/16/17 7:48pm

SeventeenDayze

2elijah said:

morningsong said:

Yes they also give you a timeline (years) that ancestor may have been born/living. See my updated previous post. Not surprising that many Black Americans DNA will have similar results, with different percentages than mine. [Edited 8/16/17 18:46pm]

One thing I've always wanted to know is how it was decided which groups of Africans were going to which countries in the "New World"...I mean it seems like certain tribes were taken to some places more than others. I've seen some folks from the islands who look like they could be native born Black Americans (descendants of American slaves) and I've had some from the islands (mainly Cuba and Dominican Republic) tell me that I could easily pass off as someone from their country. I think perhaps this is either due to my African/European/Native mix OR it's due to the fact that perhaps we were taken from the same tribes but sent to different places. I don't think I wanna spend money to get a DNA test because I just rely on what my oldest relative told me in the years before she passed. I can already assume that the African blood is West African and my European ancestry is going to be different than those in the islands who were held captive by Portuguese and Spaniards.

Trolls be gone!
Reply #24 posted 08/16/17 8:34pm

2elijah

SeventeenDayze said:

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:

What do you mean "especially those from the Caribbean" come in many shades....DUH Prince is a prime example of how black Americans also come in many shades and he's not Caribbean...don't even try it in here man LOL

What do you mean 17dsyze?

You may want to rethink that. Both Black Caribbean and Black Americans today, have African ancestors, and other mixtures, due to the slavery era. JJ is not really wrong, because slavery started in the Caribbean first, and more Africans were transported and enslaved in the Caribbean, more than in America. This is a fact.
Native Americans from America were also transported to the Caribbean, to work as slaves, as well as Irish who were enslaved in America.

Don't forget the South And Central American slave trade, took
place before the transatlantic slave trade. Africans were brought to Central and South America, and enslaved, to replace the Amerindians who became enslaved there.

Many Amerindians who inhabited the Caribbean islands first, were also later attacked and enslaved, when tbe Europeans invaded. They later brought in Africans to replace the enslaved Arawaks and Tainos, who were dying from disease brought in by europeans . Many Amerindians and Africans fought against the European slaveowners, and escaped into the hills/mountains of the Caribbean, and created their own communities, referred to as Maroons, and intermarried. There were also Chinese and East Indians later brought in, years later, on some islands

Let's not forget the large population of Haitians who went to Louisiana, New Orleans, whose ancestors brought their Caribbean Creole culture there. Isn't part of Prince's family's roots in New Orleans?
[Edited 8/16/17 20:41pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #25 posted 08/16/17 8:45pm

SeventeenDayze

2elijah said:

SeventeenDayze said:

What do you mean 17dsyze? You may want to rethink that. Both Black Caribbean and Black Americans today, have African ancestors, and other mixtures, due to the slavery era. JJ is not really wrong, because slavery started in the Caribbean first, and more Africans were transported and enslaved in the Caribbean, more than in America. This is a fact. Native Americans from America were also transported to the Caribbean, to work as slaves, as well as Irish who were enslaved in America. Don't forget the South And Central American slave trade, took place before the transatlantic slave trade. Africans were brought to Central and South America, and enslaved, to replace the Amerindians who became enslaved there. Many Amerindians who inhabited the Caribbean islands first, were also later attacked and enslaved, when tbe Europeans invaded. They later brought in Africans to replace the enslaved Arawaks and Tainos, who were dying from disease brought in by europeans . Many Amerindians and Africans fought against the European slaveowners, and escaped into the hills/mountains of the Caribbean, and created their own communities, referred to as Maroons, and intermarried. There were also Chinese and East Indians later brought in, years later, on some islands Let's not forget the large population of Haitians who went to Louisiana, New Orleans, whose ancestors brought their Caribbean Creole culture there. Isn't part of Prince's family's roots in New Orleans? [Edited 8/16/17 20:41pm]

I hope you and I don't get into another fight here about this smile His comments were implying that Caribbeans were somehow "more mixed" than black Americans and that's utter bullshit. That's all I'm saying. I've heard some ignorant ass shit from Caribbean people (not saying you but in other cities) say that I didn't look like a "Black American"...just utter total fucking nonsense. I don't want to get into another fight about this but to say that Caribbeans are "more mixed" than Black Americans is bullshit. The French in Haiti made it a point not to mix AS MUCH with the Africans than say other European colonists. By the way, does Usain Bolt look "mixed" to anyone? And he's Jamaican....

[Edited 8/16/17 20:49pm]

[Edited 8/16/17 20:51pm]

Trolls be gone!
Reply #26 posted 08/16/17 8:50pm

2elijah

SeventeenDayze said:

2elijah said:

morningsong said:

Yes they also give you a timeline (years) that ancestor may have been born/living. See my updated previous post. Not surprising that many Black Americans DNA will have similar results, with different percentages than mine. [Edited 8/16/17 18:46pm]

One thing I've always wanted to know is how it was decided which groups of Africans were going to which countries in the "New World"...I mean it seems like certain tribes were taken to some places more than others. I've seen some folks from the islands who look like they could be native born Black Americans (descendants of American slaves) and I've had some from the islands (mainly Cuba and Dominican Republic) tell me that I could easily pass off as someone from their country. I think perhaps this is either due to my African/European/Native mix OR it's due to the fact that perhaps we were taken from the same tribes but sent to different places. I don't think I wanna spend money to get a DNA test because I just rely on what my oldest relative told me in the years before she passed. I can already assume that the African blood is West African and my European ancestry is going to be different than those in the islands who were held captive by Portuguese and Spaniards.

African slaves were transported from Africa, to South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and what's called America today, so there is no specific or one-type skin tone, for Black Caribbeans or Black Americans. Their African ancestors just got dropped off on different locations. Only a DNA test can give one's actual or full ancestry. On the other hand, we live in a society where one's race is based on physical appearance or what society has been taught about race.
#NOFEAR
Reply #27 posted 08/16/17 8:56pm

2elijah

SeventeenDayze said:

2elijah said:

SeventeenDayze said:

What do you mean 17dsyze? You may want to rethink that. Both Black Caribbean and Black Americans today, have African ancestors, and other mixtures, due to the slavery era. JJ is not really wrong, because slavery started in the Caribbean first, and more Africans were transported and enslaved in the Caribbean, more than in America. This is a fact. Native Americans from America were also transported to the Caribbean, to work as slaves, as well as Irish who were enslaved in America. Don't forget the South And Central American slave trade, took place before the transatlantic slave trade. Africans were brought to Central and South America, and enslaved, to replace the Amerindians who became enslaved there. Many Amerindians who inhabited the Caribbean islands first, were also later attacked and enslaved, when tbe Europeans invaded. They later brought in Africans to replace the enslaved Arawaks and Tainos, who were dying from disease brought in by europeans . Many Amerindians and Africans fought against the European slaveowners, and escaped into the hills/mountains of the Caribbean, and created their own communities, referred to as Maroons, and intermarried. There were also Chinese and East Indians later brought in, years later, on some islands Let's not forget the large population of Haitians who went to Louisiana, New Orleans, whose ancestors brought their Caribbean Creole culture there. Isn't part of Prince's family's roots in New Orleans? [Edited 8/16/17 20:41pm]

I hope you and I don't get into another fight here about this smile His comments were implying that Caribbeans were somehow "more mixed" than black Americans and that's utter bullshit. That's all I'm saying. I've heard some ignorant ass shit from Caribbean people (not saying you but in other cities) say that I didn't look like a "Black American"...just utter total fucking nonsense.

I've heard many Black Americans say that same comment about others, and its pretty much a comment, that's stated by many groups. It's not a comment isolated to any, one group, but I think you may have taken JJ's comment wrong, but I'll leave it at that.
#NOFEAR
Reply #28 posted 08/16/17 8:59pm

2elijah

SeventeenDayze said:

2elijah said:

SeventeenDayze said:

I hope you and I don't get into another fight here about this smile His comments were implying that Caribbeans were somehow "more mixed" than black Americans and that's utter bullshit. That's all I'm saying. I've heard some ignorant ass shit from Caribbean people (not saying you but in other cities) say that I didn't look like a "Black American"...just utter total fucking nonsense. I don't want to get into another fight about this but to say that Caribbeans are "more mixed" than Black Americans is bullshit. The French in Haiti made it a point not to mix AS MUCH with the Africans than say other European colonists. By the way, does Usain Bolt look "mixed" to anyone? And he's Jamaican....

[Edited 8/16/17 20:51pm]

That's interesting, because many Haitians are very, closely (DNA wise), related to Africans, so it's odd that they didn't want to mix with Africans, when many in their culture, practiced some form of African religion. They're descendants of Africans that took over Haiti in the past.
[Edited 8/16/17 21:02pm]
#NOFEAR
Reply #29 posted 08/16/17 9:01pm

SeventeenDayze

2elijah said:

SeventeenDayze said:

I hope you and I don't get into another fight here about this smile His comments were implying that Caribbeans were somehow "more mixed" than black Americans and that's utter bullshit. That's all I'm saying. I've heard some ignorant ass shit from Caribbean people (not saying you but in other cities) say that I didn't look like a "Black American"...just utter total fucking nonsense.

I've heard many Black Americans say that same comment about others, and its pretty much a comment, that's stated by many groups. It's not a comment isolated to any, one group, but I think you may have taken JJ's comment wrong, but I'll leave it at that.

I edited my original comment since your reply here. But he DID say "especially" Caribbean folks and that clearly meant that he was somehow suggesting that Caribbeans are "more mixed" than native born Black Americans (those of us directly from the slaves brought here)

Trolls be gone!
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results