independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 13th Nov 2019 10:00pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > The impeachment of Donald Trump: how likely is it?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 8 of 15 « First<456789101112>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #210 posted 06/08/17 4:35pm

2elijah

OnlyNDaUsa said:

2elijah said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

my connection sucks rubber donkey lunIs i missed that part... but mostly it seems he is saying that Trump did nothing illegal and was never under any form of investigation. In fact Comey said that Trump wanted to ask Comey to investigate him (to clear him) and Comey told him why that was not such a great idea.

Now to Flynn and what Trump said about the Flynn investigation. Comey is saying he was concerned by that and seems to be saying it was not illegal but not appropriate and that Trump's "let it go" was not compelling.

You 'seem' to be making your own interpretations of what Comey said, instead if what he is actually saying. [Edited 6/8/17 8:28am]

could be and so could you... the most likely thing is we are both a little off... but i defy you to post a direct quote of Comey saying he violated any law.

Nope I am going by what Comey stated in the hearing. Not drawing any assumptions or conclusions.
Rest in Power Elijah Cummings. Thank you for your fight for human rights/justice. Your legacy will never die in vain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #211 posted 06/08/17 4:42pm

OnlyNDaUsa

2elijah said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

could be and so could you... the most likely thing is we are both a little off... but i defy you to post a direct quote of Comey saying he violated any law.

Nope I am going by what Comey stated in the hearing. Not drawing any assumptions or conclusions.

lol well that is funny...but he said he did not believe trump broke any laws and that he could have if he wanted to just ended the investigation. Comey also was not telling the truth. He agreed that even if Flynn had violated Logan, no one had ever been charged with it. Unlike hillary who he said violated the law 1000s of times.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #212 posted 06/08/17 4:43pm

RodeoSchro

In answer to the OP, I'd now have to say: Much more likely than it was 10 hours ago.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #213 posted 06/08/17 4:54pm

2elijah

DiminutiveRocker said:

Trump Lied.

Yep and Ryan's making excuses for him. lol.
Rest in Power Elijah Cummings. Thank you for your fight for human rights/justice. Your legacy will never die in vain.
Reply #214 posted 06/08/17 4:55pm

OnlyNDaUsa

RodeoSchro said:

In answer to the OP, I'd now have to say: Much more likely than it was 10 hours ago.

what? lol did you watch the testimony? Comey said as far as he knows he did not violate any laws. the worst thing he did was ask for an investigation to be stopped. But then he said he can do that with an executive order. *not to mention the power to pardon him* He was clear that as inappropriate as it was it was not a crime.

i guess you could be right it went from 0.0001% to 0.0002%

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #215 posted 06/08/17 7:06pm

djThunderfunk

RodeoSchro said:

Online Betting Site Lowers Chances of President Trump Being Impeached

http://fortune.com/2017/0...mes-comey/

"The U.K.-based bookmaker Ladbrokes thinks there's suddenly less of a chance President Donald Trump will be impeached.The President's odds have been cut to 4/7, down from the previous 4/5, the bookmaker announced on Thursday according to a tweet from Matthew Garrahan, an editor at the Financial Times. The news comes after former FBI James Comey's began his testimony to Congress on Thursday."

Reply #216 posted 06/08/17 10:45pm

RodeoSchro

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

what? lol did you watch the testimony? Comey said as far as he knows he did not violate any laws. the worst thing he did was ask for an investigation to be stopped. But then he said he can do that with an executive order. *not to mention the power to pardon him* He was clear that as inappropriate as it was it was not a crime.

I get a laugh at how the Trump apologists always neglect to mention the questions about Trump's malfeasance that Comey said he could not answer in an open session.

If the Democrats get the House in 2018, the chances of impeachment are at least 80%. If they don't get it, I think there's still a 50% chance that information comes out that compels his impeachment.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #217 posted 06/08/17 11:30pm

jimmy3121

RodeoSchro said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I get a laugh at how the Trump apologists always neglect to mention the questions about Trump's malfeasance that Comey said he could not answer in an open session.

If the Democrats get the House in 2018, the chances of impeachment are at least 80%. If they don't get it, I think there's still a 50% chance that information comes out that compels his impeachment.

Need proof...all of this he said...he said stuff= Zero....You have a lot of " if " to your hopes....I get a laugh at all the ongoing adding butter to the muffin on anything like all the ladies with Gloria Alred before the election...Trump did this & that to me....how far did that get anyone??/ And where are all those ladies now ??? If there is no such thing as Fake News then all of that was true so where are they now ???? Thats just one example...the list goes on & on.

Reply #218 posted 06/09/17 4:21am

DiminutiveRock
er

RodeoSchro said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Comey's come and gone. It's all about Mueller now. That's where the whole thing lies, in his investigation. Curious about the closed session with Comey - was any information revealed that all of those senators now know that is more damning than whatever Comey said in public?

Republicans need legislation - 6 months later and nothing's been done. And they need to stop apologizing for Trump - this esxcuse of he's a newbie and didn't know only makes him look all the more unfit for office.

As for 2018 - the Dems need to get it together NOW if they want to gain more seats in congress.

[Edited 6/9/17 4:22am]

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #219 posted 06/09/17 4:22am

Dasein

DiminutiveRocker said:

RodeoSchro said:

As for 2018 - the Dems need to get it together NOW if they want to gain more seats in congress.

Yep.

Reply #220 posted 06/09/17 5:48am

OnlyNDaUsa

RodeoSchro said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I am not an apologist i am just saying what was found out. if there is ever any evidence of any crimes i will not defend it. what we have is a lot of hope that he did break the law. this started in November and it all about being mad that he won. it is sick that some here WANT him to have broken the law! Sad...

Reply #221 posted 06/09/17 6:07am

13cjk13

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

I am not an apologist i am just saying what was found out. if there is ever any evidence of any crimes i will not defend it. what we have is a lot of hope that he did break the law. this started in November and it all about being mad that he won. it is sick that some here WANT him to have broken the law! Sad...

Thanks for the deplorable talking points! Well done!

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #222 posted 06/09/17 6:10am

DiminutiveRock
er

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

You've got to let go of this talking point (of Trump's) that any opposition to this president is simply anger that he won. Disappointment? Sure. But all those who opposed his election had good reason - the nature of his personality never suggested leadership or trustworthiness or true committment to puclic service - it suggested narcissism, bigotry, deception, bullying and mysogny.

Republican or Democrat, he is not fit to serve - period.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #223 posted 06/09/17 6:58am

Horsefeathers

*knock on door*

*opens door*

Fire! Flaming bag! Stomp! Kick! Smells like shit! Feels like shit! But it's on fire and hard to dig into.

innocent Wait, all the facts aren't in yet. I refuse to even consider the possibility of that being shit until proper DNA analysis, a taste test, and a full confession from the alleged shitter. And even then, do we really know that flaming bags of shit are illegal? I mean, yeah, it may or may not be poor judgment, but that doesn't necessarily make it wrong. It's probably just a matter of popularity. I bet you would not be so quick to judge if it were __some supposedly more palatable or popular shitter__. innocent
Murica: at least it's not Sudan.
Reply #224 posted 06/09/17 7:03am

purplepoppy

Horsefeathers said:

*knock on door* *opens door* Fire! Flaming bag! Stomp! Kick! Smells like shit! Feels like shit! But it's on fire and hard to dig into. innocent Wait, all the facts aren't in yet. I refuse to even consider the possibility of that being shit until proper DNA analysis, a taste test, and a full confession from the alleged shitter. And even then, do we really know that flaming bags of shit are illegal? I mean, yeah, it may or may not be poor judgment, but that doesn't necessarily make it wrong. It's probably just a matter of popularity. I bet you would not be so quick to judge if it were __some supposedly more palatable or popular shitter__. innocent

evillol falloff cooked

Brand new boogie without the hero.
Reply #225 posted 06/09/17 7:06am

OnlyNDaUsa

DiminutiveRocker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

You've got to let go of this talking point (of Trump's) that any opposition to this president is simply anger that he won. Disappointment? Sure. But all those who opposed his election had good reason - the nature of his personality never suggested leadership or trustworthiness or true committment to puclic service - it suggested narcissism, bigotry, deception, bullying and mysogny.

Republican or Democrat, he is not fit to serve - period.

for one this idea of talking points just makebelieve! I never said, "any" or all opposition or even most was just that he won or that you just do not like him or whatever. I am sure most of it IS policy based. I am talking about this and the unhinged desire to impeach him! If many had not been talking impeachment since November or if some would just say about this that is seems it was not what we thought... I would respect you more. But the fact is Comey said he did not think Trump broke any laws. It was inappropriate and all that but not a violation. He also admitted that no one (Flynn) had ever been charged under Logan. But Anyway.... I am pleased Tump was found to not have done anything illegal. And if he would have I would be with you. I even said I found his 'let it go' statements to be credible and bad.

Reply #226 posted 06/09/17 7:12am

OnlyNDaUsa

Horsefeathers said:

*knock on door* *opens door* Fire! Flaming bag! Stomp! Kick! Smells like shit! Feels like shit! But it's on fire and hard to dig into. innocent Wait, all the facts aren't in yet. I refuse to even consider the possibility of that being shit until proper DNA analysis, a taste test, and a full confession from the alleged shitter. And even then, do we really know that flaming bags of shit are illegal? I mean, yeah, it may or may not be poor judgment, but that doesn't necessarily make it wrong. It's probably just a matter of popularity. I bet you would not be so quick to judge if it were __some supposedly more palatable or popular shitter__. innocent

so you must have been really upset when Comey gave hillary a pass! at least then there was overwhelming evidence she broke the law 1000s of times...this is well he said something odd... and so what if he could do what he asked someone else to do! And so what if it would not be a crime no matter who said that... *really asking someone to drop an investigation is now a crime? Really?*

Reply #227 posted 06/09/17 7:14am

Horsefeathers

Oh, only. Never change. lol
Reply #228 posted 06/09/17 7:21am

purplepoppy

Horsefeathers said:

That Hillary blow up doll is getting very sticky. sexy

Brand new boogie without the hero.
Reply #229 posted 06/09/17 7:28am

OnlyNDaUsa

Horsefeathers said:

I will never change going my own way and coming up with my own opinions and will not start getting my views fed to me by anyone.
I will never change telling the truth
I will never change pointing out the double standards
I will never change being willing to call you and others out for making up or repeating lies about me...

Reply #230 posted 06/09/17 7:30am

Horsefeathers

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Horsefeathers said:

I will never change going my own way and coming up with my own opinions and will not start getting my views fed to me by anyone.
I will never change being willing to call you and others out for making up or repeating lies about me...

That's the spirit!
Reply #231 posted 06/09/17 8:23am

RodeoSchro

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

Again - what was said in the open testimony isn't the whole story. For instance, Comey would not discuss who was the subject of investigation or why. There were many instances where he said the answer to a question would have to be in a closed session.

Who knows? Those answers may be innocuous. But the fact is that there is more information we are not privvy to. So it's not wise to say "Comey cleared me!" as our President is wont to do.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #232 posted 06/09/17 8:26am

13cjk13

Horsefeathers said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

That's the spirit!

And, God Bless America!

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #233 posted 06/09/17 8:28am

jjhunsecker

13cjk13 said:

Horsefeathers said:

OnlyNDaUsa said: That's the spirit!

And, God Bless America!

And pass the ammunition !

Reply #234 posted 06/09/17 8:29am

OnlyNDaUsa

RodeoSchro said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Again - what was said in the open testimony isn't the whole story. For instance, Comey would not discuss who was the subject of investigation or why. There were many instances where he said the answer to a question would have to be in a closed session.

Who knows? Those answers may be innocuous. But the fact is that there is more information we are not privvy to. So it's not wise to say "Comey cleared me!" as our President is wont to do.

and if anything comes of it that is criminal or impeachable I will say "you were right" but for now it looks like there is nothing to it

Reply #235 posted 06/09/17 8:44am

jimmy3121

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

and if anything comes of it that is criminal or impeachable I will say "you were right" but for now it looks like there is nothing to it

+1 Agreed...Nothing to it & big waste of time and effort....now if a spotlight goes on Comey leaking his info to his " friend"...there is proof out of his nitwit mouth....how stupid is he? Overall this guy Comey & how he has handled EVERYTHING on both sides...he deserved to be fired & now he is disgruntled boo hoo hoo.

Reply #236 posted 06/09/17 8:44am

jimmy3121

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

+1 Agreed...Nothing to it & big waste of time and effort....now if a spotlight goes on Comey leaking his info to his " friend"...there is proof out of his nitwit mouth....how stupid is he? Overall this guy Comey & how he has handled EVERYTHING on both sides...he deserved to be fired & now he is disgruntled boo hoo hoo.

Reply #237 posted 06/10/17 2:06pm

Wait, there's more to come in this next week.

Reply #238 posted 06/10/17 5:36pm

13cjk13

jimmy3121 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

It was unclassified information. Keep up. 45 needs to be behind bars.

Reply #239 posted 06/10/17 7:26pm

OnlyNDaUsa

13cjk13 said:

jimmy3121 said:

It was unclassified information. Keep up. 45 needs to be behind bars.

What makes you assume it was not classified?

Page 8 of 15 « First<456789101112>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > The impeachment of Donald Trump: how likely is it?