independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 13th Nov 2019 5:19am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > The impeachment of Donald Trump: how likely is it?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 15 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 05/18/17 8:45am

purplepoppy

There are people in the judicial system supercharged to find a way to impeach him more and more everyday. This is what his Presidency is all about now. Him fucking up is how he's making it great, there is no doubt about that. Making his bed with all of this.

Agree that this special prosecutor may not pan out. They are usually very status quo judging their little white boys club but it's something.

Comey is such a wild card. Does this guy have something or does he just like to be on stage these days?

Brand new boogie without the hero.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 05/18/17 9:34am

OnlyNDaUsa

djThunderfunk said:

RodeoSchro said:

"If" is the biggest word in any athlete's life.

I found the video of the Senate hearing that is the basis for the claims (at 3hrs35min):

Senator Hirono specifically asks about the DOJ & the AG influencing FBI investigations which comey responds has not happened, for political reasons, in his experience. trump was not specifically named.

So, although the quote attributed to comey is accurate, unless the office of president is implied, it could be argued that to the senate comey is claiming specifically that the DOJ & the AG have never attempted to exert influence over the FBI and in his memo he is claiming that specifically trump has.

I can see how both sides could spin this in their favor. I guess it's a whole lotta nothin'... wink

and he even said that he gets opinions on cases and that he doesn't really care... that he doesn't change his views

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #32 posted 05/18/17 9:43am

Dasein

Trump will probably resign before he's impeached.

Reply #33 posted 05/18/17 9:44am

OnlyNDaUsa

Dasein said:

well he is not getting impeached over this so that is pretty safe to say

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #34 posted 05/18/17 9:52am

jjhunsecker

Dasein said:

He'll do a Nixon. Let's see if he makes it into 2018

Reply #35 posted 05/18/17 9:56am

OnlyNDaUsa

jjhunsecker said:

Dasein said:

he needs to say until about jan 22 2019 so Pence will have nearly 2 years have time to get things on track and get some support and then have an additional 8 years in office.

Reply #36 posted 05/18/17 10:14am

purplepoppy

OnlyNDaUsa said:

jjhunsecker said:

he needs to say until about jan 22 2019 so Pence will have nearly 2 years have time to get things on track and get some support and then have an additional 8 years in office.

Hilarious. Lame duck VP's don't get elected. Even after assassinations, much less impeachment scandals. He will be tainted if he gets bumped up, the more tainted the better imo.

The kicker is you think that would actually be good for the country. You see that as a positive outcome to gloat over. disbelief

Reply #37 posted 05/18/17 10:36am

jjhunsecker

OnlyNDaUsa said:

jjhunsecker said:

Pence will get his two years, and be voted out and kicked to curb just like Gerald Ford was. His brand of "fire and brimstone" super moral conservativism has littlee appeal to most of America, and the passions are fired up on the democratic side. As the Jews used to say after the Holocaust : "Never Again !!"

Reply #38 posted 05/18/17 10:48am

Dasein

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Pence will get his two years, and be voted out and kicked to curb just like Gerald Ford was. His brand of "fire and brimstone" super moral conservativism has littlee appeal to most of America, and the passions are fired up on the democratic side. As the Jews used to say after the Holocaust : "Never Again !!"

I hope you're right. I don't think Trump is emotionally cut out for the rigors of being President and his
ego is as such that he'll resign
before enduring any more bombardment upon such a fragile psyche.

What I'm worried about is most of us dumb fat lazy cheezy greazy Americans will be so turned off by
a maverick president that we'll just continue to kowtow politically to more of the same type of govern-
ment offered by oligarchs and plutocrats.

Reply #39 posted 05/18/17 1:39pm

NorthC

Interesting to read all of your responses... Especially when it comes to Mike Pence. If Trump will be impeached and/or resign (and there's no way this shit can go on for four years), there will be a president that no one has voted for. Strange, isn't it?
But how about the Democrats? Surely they must be able to convince the American public that this nonsense can't go on and get a majority in Congress with the next elections?
Reply #40 posted 05/18/17 1:53pm

DiminutiveRock
er

NorthC said:

Interesting to read all of your responses... Especially when it comes to Mike Pence. If Trump will be impeached and/or resign (and there's no way this shit can go on for four years), there will be a president that no one has voted for. Strange, isn't it?
But how about the Democrats? Surely they must be able to convince the American public that this nonsense can't go on and get a majority in Congress with the next elections?

Honestly, I am not so sure Pence's hands are so clean - we could end up with President Ryan 😉
"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #41 posted 05/18/17 2:17pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

There was a knee-jerk echo-chamber "mia-culpa" from the media post-election that it was their fault. Mostly for not listening, or taking the crazy element that got this p.o.s. elected seriously.

They got the "fault part correct, but I always thought that narrative was bonkers. If you're a responsible "journalist" You just REPORT the fucking news, not waiver or pander to the bonkers amongst us.

I want, and wanted every single so-called journalist who regurgitated that nonsense walk away from news. Just get the fuck out of news.

I blame the media, i have always blamed the media for the rise of trump. Not any one reason. Just because they are so fucking incompetent and craven.

There is such a huge problem with any organization living and eating its own shit. In closed quarters bouncing their ideas off of each other. This is why the echo-chamber is so out of whack. There needs to be a distance. There needs to be an element of being an outlier. There needs to be a barrier than can see the world from a different vantage point than one of everyone crowded together being fed a narrative.
It's hard to see the forest from the trees when your head is deep inside someone's ass.

[Edited 5/18/17 14:30pm]

Reply #42 posted 05/18/17 2:26pm

purplepoppy

NorthC said:

Interesting to read all of your responses... Especially when it comes to Mike Pence. If Trump will be impeached and/or resign (and there's no way this shit can go on for four years), there will be a president that no one has voted for. Strange, isn't it? But how about the Democrats? Surely they must be able to convince the American public that this nonsense can't go on and get a majority in Congress with the next elections?

Yes it is strange and Pence will be a lame duck all around. He said again today that he didn't know anything - this time about the Russian phone calls etc - he must be blind deaf and mute with all the caca he is not aware of.

[Edited 5/18/17 14:27pm]

Reply #43 posted 05/18/17 2:44pm

Pokeno4Money

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Pokeno4Money said:

But yet you want Trump impeached, which means you want Pence to be president.

comfort

I have to say that is not a logical conclusion.

Au contraire, it's an extremely logical conclusion.

There are only two possible outcomes:

A) Trump doesn't get impeached, and remains president

B) Trump gets impeached, and Pence becomes president

Anybody who wants Pence to be president will be hoping for B) Trump gets impeached

Anybody who doesn't want Pence to be president will be hoping for A) Trump doesn't get impeached

Can't get any more basic than that.

Here, I'll use an analogy to which you can better relate:

A) If you shoot an intruder in the head with a .44 Magnum, he dies.

B) If you don't shoot the intruder at all, he lives.

Therefore, anyone who wants you to shoot the intruder in the head with a .44 Magnum wants the intruder to die.

Get it now?

rolleyes

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
Reply #44 posted 05/18/17 2:50pm

SoulAlive

If a president is impeached and his VP takes over,it really benefits the other party.Look what happened when Nixon was kicked out of office: Ford became president but he was a lame duck and in two years,he was gone.To those Republicans who are thinking "I'd rather have Pence anyway"....they should know that Pence will be a lame duck...a president who wasn't really "elected" by the people.The dark cloud of Trump's impeachment/ removal from office will hang over his presidency too.
Reply #45 posted 05/18/17 2:53pm

Horsefeathers

It's more like do you want to put this baby into the microwave or the blender.
Murica: at least it's not Sudan.
Reply #46 posted 05/18/17 2:56pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

Horsefeathers said:

It's more like do you want to put this baby into the microwave or the blender.

Let's do both with this baby! lol

Reply #47 posted 05/18/17 3:22pm

OnlyNDaUsa

Pokeno4Money said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I have to say that is not a logical conclusion.

Au contraire, it's an extremely logical conclusion.

There are only two possible outcomes:

A) Trump doesn't get impeached, and remains president

B) Trump gets impeached, and Pence becomes president

Anybody who wants Pence to be president will be hoping for B) Trump gets impeached

Anybody who doesn't want Pence to be president will be hoping for A) Trump doesn't get impeached

Can't get any more basic than that.

Here, I'll use an analogy to which you can better relate:

A) If you shoot an intruder in the head with a .44 Magnum, he dies.

B) If you don't shoot the intruder at all, he lives.

Therefore, anyone who wants you to shoot the intruder in the head with a .44 Magnum wants the intruder to die.

Get it now?

rolleyes

Wrong! You are very confused. For one, you can be shot and live and you can be impeached and not be removed.

But that is not even the main problem.

If someone wins a million dollars they will have to pay $300,000 in taxes

so does that mean that anyone that wants to win a million dollars wants to pay $300,000 in tax
Even if there in no Million dollars Prize?

NO. Of course not.

you are attributing a likely consequence to the desired event as being desired in and of itself.

That is not how it works.

Now you might say anyone that wants Trump to be out of office now prefers Pence over Trump.

Reply #48 posted 05/18/17 3:28pm

OnlyNDaUsa

SoulAlive said:

If a president is impeached and his VP takes over,it really benefits the other party.Look what happened when Nixon was kicked out of office: Ford became president but he was a lame duck and in two years,he was gone.To those Republicans who are thinking "I'd rather have Pence anyway"....they should know that Pence will be a lame duck...a president who wasn't really "elected" by the people.The dark cloud of Trump's impeachment/ removal from office will hang over his presidency too.

ford is a poor example as he was appointed to VP and then became President when Nixon resigned. and LBJ is a poor example as he was the elected VP and he took over due to a different situation. so his reelection was not comparable (and he could not run again).

Reply #49 posted 05/18/17 3:32pm

Pokeno4Money

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Wrong! You are very confused. For one, you can be shot and live and you can be impeached and not be removed.

so does that mean that anyone that wants to win a million dollars wants to pay $300,000 in tax

NO. Of course not.

you are attributing a likely consequence to the desired event as being desired in and of itself.

Now you might say anyone that wants Trump to be out of office now prefers Pence over Trump.

Be shot in the head with a .44 Magnum, and live?

Okay, maybe you're thinking of the T-1000? Well I was talkin' 'bout human beings, not terminators!!

Image result for t-1000 terminator

Now think, McFly ... think ... why the hell would anybody here want Trump impeached, but NOT removed from office? Do I really need to spell out "and removed from office" too???

And HELL YEAH, I would LOVE to have to pay $300K in taxes if it means winning a cool million.

There's "only" TWO OPTIONS, Only ... you're making it way more complex than need be.

Either you want Trump to remain as President, or you want Pence to take over as President.

That is the very most basic "either/or" in the history of logic!!!

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

Reply #50 posted 05/18/17 3:34pm

SoulAlive

OnlyNDaUsa said:

SoulAlive said:

ford is a poor example as he was appointed to VP and then became President when Nixon resigned. and LBJ is a poor example as he was the elected VP and he took over due to a different situation. so his reelection was not comparable (and he could not run again).

Regardless,a president being removed from office is never a good look wink It reflects poorly on the party in power.The VP that takes over will automatically be a lame duck.
Reply #51 posted 05/18/17 3:53pm

It won't happen, predictions say he most likely will be killed.

Reply #52 posted 05/18/17 4:20pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

214 said:

It won't happen, predictions say he most likely will be killed.

Naw. I think that clot in his brain will dislodge and go Roger Ailes on us.

I don't think we see much grieving aside from his immediate family when right wingers go. It's more a sigh of relief "finally!" Then you take a long hot shower to cleanse and get the thought of them further away.
[Edited 5/18/17 16:22pm]
Reply #53 posted 05/18/17 4:28pm

OnlyNDaUsa

Pokeno4Money said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

NO. Of course not.

Be shot in the head with a .44 Magnum, and live?

Okay, maybe you're thinking of the T-1000? Well I was talkin' 'bout human beings, not terminators!!

Image result for t-1000 terminator

Now think, McFly ... think ... why the hell would anybody here want Trump impeached, but NOT removed from office? Do I really need to spell out "and removed from office" too???

And HELL YEAH, I would LOVE to have to pay $300K in taxes if it means winning a cool million.

There's "only" TWO OPTIONS, Only ... you're making it way more complex than need be.

Either you want Trump to remain as President, or you want Pence to take over as President.

That is the very most basic "either/or" in the history of logic!!!

death is a result of life so do you want to die? and again your logic is flawed. I taught Logic for a few years and I wrote part of a college philosophy text book.

you are saying that a person that wants anything also wants any known natural consequence....

I know if i eat these chicken wings tomorrow I will have a natural and know consequence that I rather NOT Have.

you also said WANT. You said you would pay the tax on the money but that is ONLY if you win the money... you would not pay it now. If you do not want to pay it now then you really do not want to pay it at all. And you would not want to pay it even if you won... that is if you could legally avoid paying it you would not pay it.

What is happening is the known and natural consequence is worth the hassle to get the original want,

Reply #54 posted 05/18/17 4:33pm

SoulAlive

when I said that Trump's presidency is a circus,here is what I'm talking about

White House denies Flynn told them he was under FBI investigation

this is the headline on two different cable news shows right now nuts

biggrin

Nothing being accomplished at all.....just scandals,denials,contradicting statements from Trump's team,paranoid Tweets,confusion about who knew what and when,and talk of impeachment.Just another week in Trumpland lol
Reply #55 posted 05/18/17 5:08pm

2elijah

SoulAlive said:

Exactly!
Rest in Power Elijah Cummings. Thank you for your fight for human rights/justice. Your legacy will never die in vain.
Reply #56 posted 05/18/17 6:19pm

SoulAlive

Dasein said:

Yep.He will resign and somehow he will view it as "winning".I seriously think that he is already looking for an exit strategy.
Reply #57 posted 05/18/17 6:55pm

DiminutiveRock
er

SoulAlive said:

Dasein said:

Yep.He will resign and somehow he will view it as "winning".I seriously think that he is already looking for an exit strategy.

It would be unwise not to. You know, just in case. wink

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #58 posted 05/18/17 7:18pm

Pokeno4Money

SoulAlive said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Regardless,a president being removed from office is never a good look wink It reflects poorly on the party in power.The VP that takes over will automatically be a lame duck.

Every president serving his 2nd consecutive term is considered a "lame duck" ... so what?

Reply #59 posted 05/18/17 7:35pm

SoulAlive

Pokeno4Money said:

SoulAlive said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Every president serving his 2nd consecutive term is considered a "lame duck" ... so what?

the point is....there is no way that the GOP will benefit.It will be a massive tragedy for them.
Page 2 of 15 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > The impeachment of Donald Trump: how likely is it?