independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 14th Dec 2019 6:59pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Video: Delta Airline is fucking up again
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

TrivialPursuit

Video: Delta Airline is fucking up again

WTF is wrong with these companies?!

source

A Southern California man posted a video on YouTube of Delta flight attendants kicking them off an overbooked plane for refusing to give up a seat for their young son.

Brian Schear, of Huntington Beach, said he and his family were flying overnight from Hawaii to Los Angeles last week when employees asked them to give up the seat where their 2-year-old son was sitting, reported KABC-TV.

He tried to refuse and was threatened with jail, according to the video.

“You have to give up the seat or you’re going to jail, your wife is going to jail and they’ll take your kids from you,” Schear recalled the flight attendant saying.

Delta employees wanted the family to hold the young child in their laps during the flight, but Schear argued that they had bought the boy a ticket because he needed to sit in his car seat to sleep.

An employee inaccurately told the family the boy needed to sit in a seat with an adult, because the airline’s website recommends that children under 2 years old should sit in an approved child seat in a ticketed seat of their own.

The entire family was ordered off the plane, and they stayed overnight in a hotel and bought new tickets the following day, reported KTLA-TV.

Delta issued a statement Thursday on the incident, but did not explain why the family was asked to give up their seat.

“We’re sorry for what this family experienced,” said spokeswoman Betsy Talton. “Our team has reached out and will be talking with them to better understand what happened and come to a resolution. I can confirm that this was not because the flight was overbooked.”

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/04/17 9:55am

2freaky4church

Fly Southwest.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #2 posted 05/05/17 5:35am

OnlyNDaUsa

the man was wrong. The person who's seat that was. was NOT on the plane. Even if it was vacant the child would not be allowed to sit in that seat. Just because the man paid for a seat for someone else that was not on the flight doesn't mean he can just give it away to someone else.

that being said: I do think Delta handled it wrong.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #3 posted 05/05/17 8:26am

2freaky4church

Airplane riding is so horrible. You just want to fucking get there. This crazed obsession with protection.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #4 posted 05/05/17 12:32pm

OnlyNDaUsa

2freaky4church1 said:

Airplane riding is so horrible. You just want to fucking get there. This crazed obsession with protection.

yeah and by now we all know that arguing with a flight is a big no no. and we should all also know that being an activist sometimes gets you in trouble and doesn't fix anything.

but it sounds like this guy is going to be rewarded for him being a bit of a jerk...but as i said the flight crew seemed to take it too far.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #5 posted 05/05/17 12:35pm

TrivialPursuit

OnlyNDaUsa said:

the man was wrong. The person who's seat that was. was NOT on the plane. Even if it was vacant the child would not be allowed to sit in that seat. Just because the man paid for a seat for someone else that was not on the flight doesn't mean he can just give it away to someone else.

He was only acting on what a gate agent told him. It's the airline's fault. They thought it'd be okay because it was a child, and they were there as a family. The gate agent could/should have reissued the ticket with the infant's name on it, and this would have never been an issue. Someone paid for the seat, and it was him. The name is almost secondary, but because of travel logs, records, etc., it should be correct 100% of the time, as much as possible. The agent should have said "Let me get the baby's name on it just to be safe".

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
Reply #6 posted 05/05/17 12:39pm

OnlyNDaUsa

TrivialPursuit said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

He was only acting on what a gate agent told him. It's the airline's fault. They thought it'd be okay because it was a child, and they were there as a family. The gate agent could/should have reissued the ticket with the infant's name on it, and this would have never been an issue. Someone paid for the seat, and it was him. The name is almost secondary, but because of travel logs, records, etc., it should be correct 100% of the time, as much as possible. The agent should have said "Let me get the baby's name on it just to be safe".

I am not sure that is clear. not by anything i have seen. He seems to think that just because he was allowed to do something one way before that he would always be allowed to.

what someone else told him is not necessarily what the law is. the comparison might be to getting a speeding ticket for 7 miles over! Arguing that he was told and always heard that cops give 10 over... that is not going to win in court.

Reply #7 posted 05/05/17 12:43pm

TrivialPursuit

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I am not sure that is clear. not by anything i have seen. He seems to think that just because he was allowed to do something one way before that he would always be allowed to.

what someone else told him is not necessarily what the law is. the comparison might be to getting a speeding ticket for 7 miles over! Arguing that he was told and always heard that cops give 10 over... that is not going to win in court.

That's the point, more or less. He was acting on what the agent told him, but it might not have been the correct information. But he's not a Delta agent, or works for Delta, so he's a layman. I mean, he got on the plane with his family, so whoever within Delta shuffled them along that far.

On the ABC World News last night, the agent note was mentioned, about letting them through with a ticket that had another one of their children's name on it (that child ended up taking another flight home earlier on another airline). It was that ticket that was used for the infant, and should have had the name changed on it.

It's a company's responsibility to be sure their ducks are in a row. The family's board passes scanned & checked out. Someone was slacking.

Reply #8 posted 05/05/17 12:49pm

Beautifulstarr

TrivialPursuit said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Agreed.

Reply #9 posted 05/05/17 12:53pm

OnlyNDaUsa

TrivialPursuit said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

That's the point, more or less. He was acting on what the agent told him, but it might not have been the correct information. But he's not a Delta agent, or works for Delta, so he's a layman. I mean, he got on the plane with his family, so whoever within Delta shuffled them along that far.

On the ABC World News last night, the agent note was mentioned, about letting them through with a ticket that had another one of their children's name on it (that child ended up taking another flight home earlier on another airline). It was that ticket that was used for the infant, and should have had the name changed on it.

It's a company's responsibility to be sure their ducks are in a row. The family's board passes scanned & checked out. Someone was slacking.

yeah, he can make the case that the person at the counter confirmed the contract.

Like the lady (one some judge show so it may not reflect actual law) use a personal check to pay for a wedding cake weeks in advance. Despite there being a "No Checks" sign, the clerk accepted the check as it would have plenty if time to clear. When she went to pick it up the day before the wedding the owner told her she did not make the cake that they did not accept checks so too bad.

The woman had to pay extra to get a rush cake made. So she 'sued' and she won. Because the clerk took the check!

Reply #10 posted 05/05/17 7:07pm

Pokeno4Money

2freaky4church1 said:

Fly Southwest.

They suck.

JetBlue is where it's at.

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Video: Delta Airline is fucking up again