independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 14th Dec 2019 6:31pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Suburban Detroit Police Fire Officer Seen Beating Black Motorist
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

free2bfreeda

Suburban Detroit Police Fire Officer Seen Beating Black Motorist

: http://www.huffingtonpost...75268.html

Posted: 04/15/2015 10:03 pm EDT Updated: 04/16/2015 1:59 am EDT

INKSTER, Mich. (AP) — Police in suburban Detroit have fired a white police officer who was videotaped beating a black motorist during a traffic stop.

Teamsters Local 214 representative Al Lewis tells MLive.com that Inkster police fired Officer William Melendez on Wednesday.

The January arrest of 57-year-old Floyd Dent has drawn widespread protests.

Wayne County Circuit Judge David Groner said Wednesday that Dent's lawyers could receive 12 more minutes of dash cam video. Defense lawyer Nick Bennett says he saw only highly edited video.

The video shows two officers throwing Dent to the ground and Melendez repeatedly punching him in the head.

Police say Dent refused to stop and had cocaine in the car.

Dent says police planted the cocaine. He returns to court April 29 on a drug charge.

eek

why? what syndrome are these officers suffering from? what is the need for them to violently pummel a man when he is down, then apply a stun gun while the man is steadily saying, "i can't breath, i can't breath?

[Edited 4/16/15 8:57am]

Moderators Note:

Info Only ATTENTION! Politics & Religion "Thread Flooding" Policy (READ)

This thread will be allowed to continue as is it was created before the Policy

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/16/15 10:53am

free2bfreeda

Floyd Dent, 57, a longtime autoworker with no criminal history, says police beat him for no reason and lied about finding drugs on him during a Jan. 28 traffic stop.

see last part of 2nd video / interview of Mr Dent and his lawyer

eek

this is so bad. these incidents keep happening. now most likely the involved officers will walk away w/out being held accountable.

[Edited 4/16/15 10:59am]

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
Reply #2 posted 04/17/15 6:09am

2elijah

As long as no one holds these bad cops accountable, and keep supporting their abusive behavior, the abuse and possible deaths of innocent citizens by the hands of bad officers, who use excessive force, will continue.

I am glad there are still protests happening, even if the cameras are off the peaceful protesters demanding answers about these abuses.
Reply #3 posted 04/18/15 10:07am

Revolution

This is literally two cities away from me. This officer has been fired and will likely be charged once the investigation has completed. The system works.

Thanks for the laughs, arguments and overall enjoyment for the last umpteen years. It's time for me to retire from Prince.org and engage in the real world...lol. Above all, I appreciated the talent Prince. You were one of a kind.
Reply #4 posted 04/18/15 10:19am

Revolution

The Wayne County Prosecutor, Kim Worthy, is holding a press conference on Monday to address this situation and another situation where a man pulled a gun and carjacked a grandmother, who had her grandchild with her. The man was caught and arrested, but claims he was kicked and his civil rights violated during his arrest. He is suing for 1 million. THE CARJACKER is suing. This is what it has come down to.

Kim Worthy has, in most cases, seen thru the bullshit, and i hope she does on that last one. She was the prosecutor that wouldn't let up on Kwame Kilpatrick.

The Inkster cop was wrong and they should prosecute him.

Thanks for the laughs, arguments and overall enjoyment for the last umpteen years. It's time for me to retire from Prince.org and engage in the real world...lol. Above all, I appreciated the talent Prince. You were one of a kind.
Reply #5 posted 04/20/15 11:11am

Revolution

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-address-possible-charges-2-police-beatings-124325941.html

Just as i suspected. The Inkster cop will be charged and all drug charges against the motorist will be dropped, as the officer has been fired for planting evidence in the past (among other things). The motorist has never been in trouble before. This is a clear cut case of a corrupt cop.

Furthermore, no charges will be brought against the cops in the case of the carjack criminal. That brotha deserved more than he got. The grandmother, also black, admitted herself that he should have gotten more.

The system works, unless you are criminal.

Reply #6 posted 04/20/15 12:22pm

uPtoWnNY

Revolution said:

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-address-possible-charges-2-police-beatings-124325941.html

Just as i suspected. The Inkster cop will be charged and all drug charges against the motorist will be dropped, as the officer has been fired for planting evidence in the past (among other things). The motorist has never been in trouble before. This is a clear cut case of a corrupt cop.

Furthermore, no charges will be brought against the cops in the case of the carjack criminal. That brotha deserved more than he got. The grandmother, also black, admitted herself that he should have gotten more.

Amadou Diallo, Abner Louima, Desmond Robinson and Anthony Baez weren't criminals.

Reply #7 posted 04/20/15 12:45pm

2elijah

uPtoWnNY said:

Revolution said:

Amadou Diallo, Abner Louima, Desmond Robinson and Anthony Baez weren't criminals.

Add Tamir Rice to that list. Corrupt cops planting evidence on victims, using bad judgement to shoot citizens, racial profiling, many lying and saying they '..feared for their lives' raWhen evidence shows the didn't and then some. Glad some of the bad cops are being held accountable. They are no better than the criminals they go after, if they partake in criminal activity themselves.
Reply #8 posted 04/20/15 1:43pm

free2bfreeda

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announces charges against Inkster Police Officer William Melendez in the beating of motorist Floyd Dent. Worthy also announced no charges against cops in Andrew Jackson case.

Ex-Inkster cop faces charges in Floyd Dent beating

: http://www.freep.com/stor.../26067097/

3:25 p.m. EDT April 20, 2015

View image on Twitter

Floyd Dent was emotional and cried when he heard the news his charge was going to be dismissed, his attorney said.

eek Mr Dent suffered at the hands of "bad cops." (see video of mayor making announcement)

Reply #9 posted 04/20/15 2:04pm

Revolution

uPtoWnNY said:

Revolution said:

U don't want to start poppin off names cause my list is longer. Still, nice to see justice working.
Reply #10 posted 04/20/15 2:55pm

uPtoWnNY

2elijah said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Add Tamir Rice to that list. Corrupt cops planting evidence on victims, using bad judgement to shoot citizens, racial profiling, many lying and saying they '..feared for their lives' raWhen evidence shows the didn't and then some. Glad some of the bad cops are being held accountable. They are no better than the criminals they go after, if they partake in criminal activity themselves.

nod

Reply #11 posted 04/20/15 3:36pm

2elijah

uPtoWnNY said:

2elijah said:

uPtoWnNY said:

nod

Just heard on the news about a guy in Baltimore who suffered spinal injury, broken vertebrae/severed spine, after he was taken out of the van by cops. Stated he was fine before he was put in the van and was able to walk and talk.

He was asking for medical help and screaming in pain, when taken out of the van. but was refused. They basically dragged him in the vehicle.

He later died of his spinal injuries in the hospital. This is horrible. Tit is one thing to arrest him, but he came out the pice van with a severed spine. I hope these cops serve some prison time. So far the 3 cops have been suspended but they need to pay for this crime.
[Edited 4/20/15 15:38pm]
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Suburban Detroit Police Fire Officer Seen Beating Black Motorist