independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 25th Jan 2020 2:53pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Paris attack; 12 dead, 11 wounded
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

babynoz

Paris attack; 12 dead, 11 wounded

This looks to have been planned for some time. I'm not sure they will catch the culprits in this case. Peace and condolences to the Parisians affected.

http://www.theguardian.co...arget-raid

-----------------

[Keep the "rules" in mind folks - luv4u]

"Be civilized
Don't create offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive or excessively profane posts. Do not instigate, engage in, or encourage 'flame wars'. If you insult someone "jokingly", be prepared to have it not interpreted that way by the Moderators. A good general rule: "criticize ideas, not people." Any language which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense is grounds for immediate account deletion.

Do not post racist or 'hateful' material.

This means no racist/homophobic comments, period. Discussions of racism itself in the proper forum are OK. Making hateful comments, directed at a person or group, may get your account immediately suspended. We are extremely serious about this. prince.org is not a place for racial bigotry or hateful speech."

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/07/15 2:43pm

2elijah

Heard about this before leaving for work today. What is going on in this world lately? Prayers for the families.
Happy New Year!
Reply #2 posted 01/07/15 2:51pm

lazycrockett

Real Time with Bill Maher will be very very interesting Friday Night.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
Reply #3 posted 01/07/15 3:06pm

trickster

They died for being funny ... Its so sad.. They died for us .. I have tears in my eyes... Oh god, This cant Be true
Reply #4 posted 01/07/15 3:13pm

Pokeno4Money

Didn't take long for people to claim it was a conspiracy orchestrated by Israelis. It's a sick world.

At least they caught three suspects allegedly with ties to a Yemeni group, two of them identified as French citizens.

There's only 6 states in the US that don't allow Open Carry: Cali, FL, IL, NY, SC, DC. While SC's gun murder rate is DOUBLE that of Texas, DC's is 6 TIMES that of Texas! https://en.m.wikipedia.or...s_by_state
Reply #5 posted 01/07/15 3:19pm

V10LETBLUES

If they wanted to silence the work of Charlie Hebdo, they did the exact opposite.

[Edited 1/7/15 15:26pm]

Reply #6 posted 01/07/15 3:27pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

Fuckem every newspaper in the world should run political satire tomorrow blasting those extremists.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #7 posted 01/07/15 3:33pm

BlackandRising

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Fuckem every newspaper in the world should run political satire tomorrow blasting those extremists.

This. The first thing I thought after seeing the video of them outside of the bldg after the massacre, and literally executing the wounded cop as he lie on the ground, was that every motherfucking newspaper in the western world should run their cartoons. This type of barbarism should be the impetus for a huge "fuck you" move to the fanatics out there.

Reply #8 posted 01/07/15 3:41pm

lazycrockett

One dead, 2 in custody.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
Reply #9 posted 01/07/15 4:04pm

JoeyC

So sad. disbelief

To kill someone for making a joke about a religious figure(if in fact that was the case)? I can't even begin 2 describe how i feel about a person who has that type of mindset.

I wish they all(radical islamist who kill people) would just die.

Another thing. Why wasn't there any armed guards guarding the building that was attacked? From my understanding there were guards(or policemen) nearby, but they didn't have guns. knowing that the newspaper had been threatened before, they should have had armed guards.

Anyway, Rest in Peace to the people who were killed. rose

[Edited 1/7/15 16:06pm]

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
Reply #10 posted 01/07/15 5:54pm

Graycap23

Humans......... neutral

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
Reply #11 posted 01/07/15 7:19pm

3rdeyedude

and this is why religion is retarded

Reply #12 posted 01/08/15 1:30am

lust

Pokeno4Money said:

Didn't take long for people to claim it was a conspiracy orchestrated by Israelis. It's a sick world.

At least they caught three suspects allegedly with ties to a Yemeni group, two of them identified as French citizens.

Yep, always, everytime. The jews and then israel has always been to blame for everything. It's almost as if extremist Islamic terror is such an odd anomaly that it couldn't possibly be them.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
Reply #13 posted 01/08/15 1:31am

lust

V10LETBLUES said:

If they wanted to silence the work of Charlie Hebdo, they did the exact opposite.

[Edited 1/7/15 15:26pm]

Nothing to add but for the pics to be displayed again.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
Reply #14 posted 01/08/15 3:42am

hausofmoi7

RT's of racist & religiously intolerant pictures does nothing 4 free speech but instead creates helplesness in the oppressed.

You do not have to ally yourself with racism, sexism, and hate-speech (Charlie Hebdo) in order to condemn violence - - Jennice M. Wright

[Edited 1/8/15 3:43am]

“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
Reply #15 posted 01/08/15 3:55am

hausofmoi7

Free speech is a corner stone of democracy.

There is an important discussion to be had about free speech, a VERY important one - that could benifit some here.

But as many have pointed out (not here) if these pictures were shown to be depicting certain races or religions in such an intolerant way- people wouldnt be frothing at the mouth to RT's and share them everywhere - im sure if they did they would be on some government watch list.

What could have been an opportunity to discuss free speech has just become open season for Islamaphobes to spread their brand of hate and intolerance.

[Edited 1/8/15 4:17am]

“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
Reply #16 posted 01/08/15 4:16am

OnlyNDaUsa

well it did not take long for the victim blamers to come in. How are these a reason to murder?

Oh and I agree if it was showing the Pope or Jesus doing these thing people would be foaming at the mouth but unlike these rabid pigs they would not go on a murder spree.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #17 posted 01/08/15 4:35am

hausofmoi7

OnlyNDaUsa said:

well it did not take long for the victim blamers to come in. How are these a reason to murder?

Oh and I agree if it was showing the Pope or Jesus doing these thing people would be foaming at the mouth but unlike these rabid pigs they would not go on a murder spree.

Im disapointed in you Only, because I know you know what Im saying. To accuse me of supporting murder was low.

I defend there right to life and speech - but I dont have to support their speech- is that so hard to understand?

anyway, have fun having a one-way discussion where you all pat each other on the back and yeahthat each others comments.

I wont be revisting this thread, I know where it is going and I dont think there is more I could add to my argument anyway.

now excuse me while I go watch "Mad Max" movies on a loop to protest freedom of speech.

[Edited 1/8/15 5:00am]

Reply #18 posted 01/08/15 5:13am

SuperFurryAnim
al

hausofmoi7 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Im disapointed in you Only, because I know you know what Im saying. To accuse me of supporting murder was low.

I defend there right to life and speech - but I dont have to support their speech- is that so hard to understand?

anyway, have fun having a one-way discussion where you all pat each other on the back and yeahthat each others comments.

I wont be revisting this thread, I know where it is going and I dont think there is more I could add to my argument anyway.

now excuse me while I go watch "Mad Max" movies on a loop to protest freedom of speech.

At least we agree on the Freedom part.

You don't view or believe in any political satire? Because regardless in what you believe you find it offensive? Or do you view and believe in some political satire that could be offensive to others?

Reply #19 posted 01/08/15 5:56am

powersoul99

Charlie Hebdo is a hypocritical sell-out. Anti Muslim cartoon as OK, but a cartoonist whose article about Jean Sarkozy marrying a Jewess was labelled “anti-semitic” and Maurice Sinet was fired over it.

Reply #20 posted 01/08/15 6:06am

Empress

Graycap23 said:Humans......... neutral - Are they?? confused
Reply #21 posted 01/08/15 6:58am

JoeTyler

Charlie Hebdo is a disgusting, racist, ofensive, pointless magazine...

i'm not sayin' that "they've got what they deserved", but they certainly asked for it...

you shouldn't throw stones to a bear, unless you wanna get yourself killed...

tinkerbell
Reply #22 posted 01/08/15 7:24am

SuperFurryAnim
al

JoeTyler said:

i'm not sayin' that "they've got what they deserved", but they certainly asked for it...

Yeah, Yeah but do you like/view satirical cartoons? Would some of those be considered very offensive to others? Is that your feeling on women that get raped and dress slutty? Ha mister? (you see satire)

Reply #23 posted 01/08/15 7:38am

JoeTyler

SuperFurryAnimal said:

JoeTyler said:

Yeah, Yeah but do you like/view satirical cartoons? Would some of those be considered very offensive to others? Is that your feeling on women that get raped and dress slutty? Ha mister? (you see satire)

STATUS - MAJOR DEMAGOG ALERT - MAJOR DEMAGOG ALERT -

PROCEED: IGNORE - IGNORE - IGNORE

---

tinkerbell
Reply #24 posted 01/08/15 7:39am

SuperFurryAnim
al

hausofmoi7 said:

What could have been an opportunity to discuss free speech has just become open season for Islamaphobes to spread their brand of hate and intolerance.

[Edited 1/8/15 4:17am]

That's kind of a bitch ain't it? When you have extremist muslim groups trying to kill innocent people. Speaking of hate, intolerance and propaganda.

Reply #25 posted 01/08/15 7:41am

SuperFurryAnim
al

JoeTyler said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

---

You would be the first to LOVE satire of groups that you HATE! You are one of the most satirical posers on the board.

Reply #26 posted 01/08/15 7:45am

JoeTyler

SuperFurryAnimal said:

JoeTyler said:

---

You would be the first to LOVE satire of groups that you HATE! You are one of the most satirical posers on the board.

PROCEEED: IGNORE

---

tinkerbell
Reply #27 posted 01/08/15 7:54am

hausofmoi7

SuperFurryAnimal said:

hausofmoi7 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

You don't view or believe in any political satire? Because regardless in what you believe you find it offensive? Or do you view and believe in some political satire that could be offensive to others?

Fyi Im not supporting Mel Gibson's rants against blacks, Jews and women but pointing out the ineffectiveness of reprinting these bigoted and offensive images as a form of protest- it's also just distracting from the discussion around free speech - not that those who are exploiting this tragedy actually care about freedom of speech- there are some racist fascists pushing these images and shifting the dialogue for their own very different purpose.
Oil and war.

"Oil? What? Who said oil? Is there somebody cooking bitch?" *high hat* - there you go some satire and a Chappelle reference all in one.
On that note I will exit this conversation once and for all.

[Edited 1/8/15 20:40pm]
Reply #28 posted 01/08/15 7:55am

Pokeno4Money

"Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution -- these can lift at a colossal humbug -- push it a little -- weaken it a little over the course of a century; but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand." ----- Mark Twain

There's only 6 states in the US that don't allow Open Carry: Cali, FL, IL, NY, SC, DC. While SC's gun murder rate is DOUBLE that of Texas, DC's is 6 TIMES that of Texas! https://en.m.wikipedia.or...s_by_state
Reply #29 posted 01/08/15 8:00am

SuperFurryAnim
al

hausofmoi7 said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Fyi Im not supporting mel gibson's rants against blacks, Jews and women but pointing out the ineffectiveness of reprinting these bigoted and offensive images as a form protest- it's also just distracting from the discussion around free speech- not that those who are exploiting this tragedy actually care about freedom of speech- there are some racist facists pushing these images and shifting the dialogue for a very different purpose. Oil and war. "Oil? Who said oil? You cooking bitch?" *highhat* there you go some satire and a Chapelle reference all in one. On that note I will exit this conversation once and for all. . [Edited 1/8/15 7:57am]

I thought the Mel Gibson reference was satire? Is that legal anymore? Be careful you might already be on some gov watch list for this type of antigov post.

On another note. Aint it strange that they allow ISIS to run twitter and facebook pages but delete the damndest things?

[Edited 1/8/15 8:06am]

Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Paris attack; 12 dead, 11 wounded