independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Megyn Kelly Really Wants The Kids To Know Santa And Jesus Are White
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

rudedog

Megyn Kelly Really Wants The Kids To Know Santa And Jesus Are White

Another example of irresponsibly broadcasting. Completely racist, race-baiting, discriminatory and horrible. Feeds into the racist mentality.

This is how Megyn Kelly handled a story by a black woman who wrote that maybe, just maybe, Santa doesn't have to be white all the time (because—spoiler alert—Santa can be all things to all people!):

For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white. But this person is maybe just arguing that we should also have a black Santa. But, you know, Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it, kids.

For good measure, she also assured the children that Jesus was white too—something that is far from a settled question.

(h/t The Wire)

http://www.huffingtonpost...lp00000003

"The voter is less important than the man who provides money to the candidate," - Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens
Rudedog no no no!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/12/13 11:50am

Empress

rudedog said:

Another example of irresponsibly broadcasting. Completely racist, race-baiting, discriminatory and horrible. Feeds into the racist mentality.

This is how Megyn Kelly handled a story by a black woman who wrote that maybe, just maybe, Santa doesn't have to be white all the time (because—spoiler alert—Santa can be all things to all people!):

For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white. But this person is maybe just arguing that we should also have a black Santa. But, you know, Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it, kids.

For good measure, she also assured the children that Jesus was white too—something that is far from a settled question.

(h/t The Wire)

http://www.huffingtonpost...lp00000003

I don't know who this person is (thankfully) but her comments are disgusting.

Reply #2 posted 12/12/13 12:07pm

OnlyNDaUsa

The Santa was her trying not to upset kids that may see the show that still belive that might get upset or confused as to is Santa real.

I am not sure why she said that about Jesus? That seems on its face both wrong and unnecessary.

But far from "disgusting" was the story they were talking about disgusting too?

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
Reply #3 posted 12/12/13 9:05pm

Timmy84

I can do nothing but laugh. It's really nothing to look at folks, she says dumb comments every other week lol

Reply #4 posted 12/12/13 11:04pm

TweetyV6

I read the original article by Aisha Harris.

All I have to say: a ridiculous article deserves a equally ridiculous comment.

If I read something like this:
"Since penguins can’t fly, Rudolph and his fellow reindeer will remain a crucial element to getting the job done on Christmas Eve." So a penguin can't fly, but a reindeer does? eek

My jaw drops to the floor and I get serious doubts about the intelligence of the writer of such sentence.

The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification - Thomas Henry Huxley
Reply #5 posted 12/13/13 8:22am

SuperFurryAnim
al

Who cares but was it in reaction to this??? Slate.com was pushing for him to be a penguin!

peng

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/holidays/2013/12/santa_claus_an_old_white_man_not_anymore_meet_santa_the_penguin_a_new_christmas.html

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
Reply #6 posted 12/13/13 9:05am

RodeoSchro

She looked like she'd been having a bad day. Probably the result of that unfortunate new hair style. sad

Reply #7 posted 12/13/13 9:52am

Timmy84

RodeoSchro said:

She looked like she'd been having a bad day. Probably the result of that unfortunate new hair style. sad

It does look like her hair is wrapped up too tight, probably caused loss of brain matter. clueless

Reply #8 posted 12/13/13 10:43am

rudedog

Timmy84 said:

I can do nothing but laugh. It's really nothing to look at folks, she says dumb comments every other week lol

Yeah when Faux News does it, no one gets canned, just higher ratings. When MSNBC does it, everyone apologized, THEN gets canned.

"The voter is less important than the man who provides money to the candidate," - Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens
Rudedog no no no!
Reply #9 posted 12/13/13 10:54am

2freaky4church

On the third day Jesus played hockey, chilled to Nickleback, ate Greek yogurt? Nah..

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #10 posted 12/13/13 12:06pm

Timmy84

rudedog said:

Timmy84 said:

Yeah when Faux News does it, no one gets canned, just higher ratings. When MSNBC does it, everyone apologized, THEN gets canned.

It's high time Fox cans the people they got on their team but I guess the only reason keeping them is comic relief. lol

Reply #11 posted 12/13/13 12:08pm

OnlyNDaUsa

rudedog said:

Timmy84 said:

LOL you can not possibly believe for one second this is anything at all like what Martin said?

Reply #12 posted 12/13/13 12:54pm

rudedog

OnlyNDaUsa said:

rudedog said:

LOL you can not possibly believe for one second this is anything at all like what Martin said?

No, this was racist and historically incorrect. Well deserving of being let go. What Martin (& Baldwin) said was stupid, Martin went too far. This is blatantly racist & divisive.

[Edited 12/13/13 13:05pm]

Rudedog no no no!
Reply #13 posted 12/13/13 1:29pm

Dauphin

Santa Claus is Euro Catholic, St. Nicolas is Greek/Turkish, Father Christmas is British, and Jesus is Isreali.

The world still calls those people white, right?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Reply #14 posted 12/13/13 1:51pm

RodeoSchro

Can we get back to what's important?

GOOD

[img:$uid]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-z-QQlh98q-E/UlU3B0DEzpI/AAAAAAAAgxc/x8blUtxxkVI/s1600/megyn_kelly.png[/img:$uid]

BAD

[img:$uid]http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Fox-News-host-Megyn-Kelly-tells-kids_-Jesus-and-Santa-are-both-white-guys-The-Raw-Story.jpg[/img:$uid]

Reply #15 posted 12/13/13 2:56pm

uPtoWnNY

Dumb fucking c*nt.

Reply #16 posted 12/13/13 2:59pm

rudedog

Dauphin said:

Santa Claus is Euro Catholic, St. Nicolas is Greek/Turkish, Father Christmas is British, and Jesus is Isreali.

Maybe if you're color blind lol

People who are from Turkey & in the Middle East have color, they aren't pale white like pictures depict. They tend to be darker than white. Even in the Bible Jesus is described as:

"And I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands one like the Son of Man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His breast with a golden girdle. And His head and His hair were white like wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire; and His feet were like burnished bronze, when it had been caused to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. And in His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as a dead man. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying, 'Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." (Revelation 1:12-18).

Rudedog no no no!
Reply #17 posted 12/13/13 3:11pm

rudedog

War on Christmas - S#@t's Getting Weird Edition - Black Santa

Fox News debates Santa Claus's ethnic background, and Jessica Williams concludes that Santa Claus could not possibly be black. (04:55)

http://www.thedailyshow.c...lack-santa

[Edited 12/13/13 15:11pm]

Rudedog no no no!
Reply #18 posted 12/13/13 4:07pm

OnlyNDaUsa

rudedog said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

No, this was racist and historically incorrect. Well deserving of being let go. What Martin (& Baldwin) said was stupid, Martin went too far. This is blatantly racist & divisive.

how is it racist? maybe ignorant? but if she believes they were both white then saying they are white can not be racist. And even if it was being racist is not a crime: doing what martin said should be done to a Palin is a crime.

Reply #19 posted 12/13/13 6:45pm

Timmy84

rudedog said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Right. Martin definitely went too far. Even he admitted it and he left his post. But it seems Fox anchors are immune to their ignorance because half of the viewers (those who actually enjoy their programming least of the Bill O'Reilly/Megyn category) are just as ignorant.

Reply #20 posted 12/13/13 6:46pm

Timmy84

RodeoSchro said:

Can we get back to what's important?

GOOD

[img:$uid]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-z-QQlh98q-E/UlU3B0DEzpI/AAAAAAAAgxc/x8blUtxxkVI/s1600/megyn_kelly.png[/img:$uid]

BAD

[img:$uid]http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Fox-News-host-Megyn-Kelly-tells-kids_-Jesus-and-Santa-are-both-white-guys-The-Raw-Story.jpg[/img:$uid]

That hair style on the "Bad" picture proves her head's fucked up. That's the only reason she was so sincere about Santa and Jesus being pale lol

Reply #21 posted 12/13/13 6:48pm

Timmy84

Dauphin said:

Instead I wouldn't call it "white". What's the word? Caucasian? And looking at their definition, it makes you wonder why we have things like "white" or even "black" sometimes to describe our different type of melanins. Makes you think this melanin argument is crazy as catnip.

Reply #22 posted 12/13/13 7:02pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

Timmy84 said:

rudedog said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Right. Martin definitely went too far. Even he admitted it and he left his post. But it seems Fox anchors are immune to their ignorance because half of the viewers (those who actually enjoy their programming least of the Bill O'Reilly/Megyn category) are just as ignorant.

It's a commentary on political correctness going too far I think?

Different than attacking someone. Martin could have got away with it but his ratings sucked. He gave them a perfect opportunity to can his ass.
Reply #23 posted 12/13/13 7:05pm

Timmy84

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Timmy84 said:

It's a commentary on political correctness going too far I think? Different than attacking someone. Martin could have got away with it but his ratings sucked. He gave them a perfect opportunity to can his ass.

Might be. I don't like how they make it look like Martin really was saying that he literally wanted someone to do that to Palin. But it was too far. I just think the programming on MSNBC could be a whole lot better than it is, which is the sad thing. But then again, so does Fox News.

Reply #24 posted 12/13/13 7:07pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

Timmy84 said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Timmy84 said:

It's a commentary on political correctness going too far I think? Different than attacking someone. Martin could have got away with it but his ratings sucked. He gave them a perfect opportunity to can his ass.

Might be. I don't like how they make it look like Martin really was saying that he literally wanted someone to do that to Palin. But it was too far. I just think the programming on MSNBC could be a whole lot better than it is, which is the sad thing. But then again, so does Fox News.

True, pretty much a propaganda machine.
Reply #25 posted 12/13/13 7:16pm

BobPaisleyPark

http://video.foxnews.com/...ents/Total "white"wash from Fox. Predictably Megyn focused on the Santa is white "controversy" which no one even remotely cared about and swept the Jesus is white controversy (the real controversy) under the carpet.Cunt.
Reply #26 posted 12/13/13 7:31pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

BobPaisleyPark said:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2933104656001/megyn-kelly-addresses-santa-claus-comments/Total "white"wash from Fox. Predictably Megyn focused on the Santa is white "controversy" which no one even remotely cared about and swept the Jesus is white controversy (the real controversy) under the carpet.Cunt.

Certain Jesus is Spanish.
Reply #27 posted 12/13/13 7:41pm

uPtoWnNY

She's a pea-brain, but I have a bigger problem with people of color accepting European images of Jesus as their own.

Reply #28 posted 12/13/13 9:10pm

Timmy84

uPtoWnNY said:

She's a pea-brain, but I have a bigger problem with people of color accepting European images of Jesus as their own.

Jesus to me was definitely not as light as some would hope. If we're gonna focus on the color, they described him having feet made of bronze and hair made of wool. Sounds like a Palestinian Jew to me. Ironic if that's true since there's a battle between Palestinians and so-called "real Israelis" going on right now (which is stupid because Palestinians ARE Israelis). So Jesus is not even close to looking like he came from any European country especially when Jesus was born, Europe wasn't even a thought in anyone's mind at the time.

[Edited 12/13/13 21:11pm]

Reply #29 posted 12/13/13 9:52pm

Lammastide

Dauphin said:

The world may or may not. But they would be pretty glib in doing so.

While in "the West" rolleyes we may harbor certain ideas about Isreal's demographic profile, Israelis are roughly 70% ethnic Jewish (less than half of them descended from areas of the world with populations routinely considered "white"), about 20% Arab-descended, and about 10% a hodge podge of other ancestral ethnicities from all over the world.

This very multiethnic truth aside, the citizenry of modern-day Israel (i.e. Israelis) ≠ to that of first-century Israel or, more relevant to this discussion, the adjacent Judea (i.e. Israelites), anyway. By Jesus' time, the inhabitants of Judea would have been still primarily of Canaanite extraction with some miscegenation from waves most recently of Babylonians, then Persians, then Ptolemaic Egyptians, then Seleucids (Syrians), before Romans set in. And particularly because we see Jesus 1) hailing from the rural -- and therein quite insular -- Bethlehem; 2) cited consistently in the local vernacular of Aramaic (not Greek or Latin); 3) positioned tacitly in opposition to insurgent political or cultural rule; and 4) the product of fairly well accounted for, if not altogether identical, Semitic geneologies vis-a-vis Matthew and Luke, it's pretty darned safe to say Europe hadn't made much of a mark on his personal background -- and he wasn't what we are so silly now as to call "white." Not a lot of room to debate that.

[Edited 12/13/13 22:32pm]

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Megyn Kelly Really Wants The Kids To Know Santa And Jesus Are White