independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 25th Jan 2020 12:38pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > What is the job of the President of the United States?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

OnlyNDaUsa

What is the job of the President of the United States?

In as few words as possible what is the job of the President of the United States of America?
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/24/10 4:23pm

buist

OnlyNDaUsa said:

In as few words as possible what is the job of the President of the United States of America?

To screw you.
Reply #2 posted 05/24/10 6:55pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

Leader of the free world!
Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
Reply #3 posted 05/24/10 6:56pm

DarlingDiana

Faithfully execute federal law, command the U.S. armed forced, nominate executive and judicial officers, and grant pardons and reprieves.

See: Article II of the United States Constitution.
Reply #4 posted 05/25/10 9:05pm

RenHoek

Piss off the opposing political party as much as possible... shrug
A working class Hero is something to be ~ Lennon
Reply #5 posted 05/27/10 9:24pm

PurpleJedi

He's the figurehead, our leader, the Commander-in-chief.

His word carries clout...so much so that when he says; "Let's bomb Baghdad" it actually gets done.
By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
Reply #6 posted 05/28/10 8:52am

OnlyNDaUsa

I would say it is: preserving, protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States.
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #7 posted 05/28/10 9:44am

XxAxX

represent the people and laws of the USA
Reply #8 posted 06/04/10 3:27am

andyf

OnlyNDaUsa said:

To put the poorest person in that country above him/herself until the poverty dissipates...
--------
"Someone who makes you laugh when you wanna cry"
Reply #9 posted 06/04/10 7:49am

OnlyNDaUsa

andyf said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

To put the poorest person in that country above him/herself until the poverty dissipates...

So it it the job of the president to make the poor not poor? I would say that is the job of the poor.

Like I said the job it to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

[Edited 6/4/10 7:49am]

Reply #10 posted 06/04/10 11:18am

YESWECAN

andyf said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

He's sure helping the poor south this year. Floods in Tennessee and the oil spill in the gulf. Sorry, he did unify us. eek

Reply #11 posted 06/04/10 11:26am

TheScouser

The scapegoat who the real decision makers place in the firing line when things go wrong..... eek

Reply #12 posted 06/04/10 12:08pm

andyf

OnlyNDaUsa said:

andyf said:

So it it the job of the president to make the poor not poor? I would say that is the job of the poor.

Like I said the job it to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Lol. We are REALLY gonna have to agree to disagree. Nowt wrong with that. Why ask the bloomin' question if you think you already know the answer? If it was you that asked it, that is.

Unless, someone MAY need a bigger boat...

--------
Reply #13 posted 06/04/10 1:04pm

YESWECAN

andyf said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Lol. We are REALLY gonna have to agree to disagree. Nowt wrong with that. Why ask the bloomin' question if you think you already know the answer? If it was you that asked it, that is.

If what you profess is, why won't he support his Aunt instead of making tax payers pay for her while she's been illegal in the states?

Reply #14 posted 06/05/10 10:37pm

jjhunsecker

YESWECAN said:

andyf said:

He's sure helping the poor south this year. Floods in Tennessee and the oil spill in the gulf. Sorry, he did unify us. eek

Just like Katrina did. "Heck of a job, Brownie"...

Reply #15 posted 06/06/10 3:21am

andyf

YESWECAN said:

andyf said:

If what you profess is, why won't he support his Aunt instead of making tax payers pay for her while she's been illegal in the states?

I'm not on about the present, past or future President (although you make a good point--I don't the know the issue you are on about however, and don't really wish to know 'cos both sides will argue).

I'm on about the position. And to me: 'My priority is to look after the poor in this country first, and to uphold the constitution second' sounds far better than 'My priority is to uphold the constitution firs and look after the poor second.'

In other words (I'm agnostic, but) should man come before the law, or should the law come before man?

--------
Reply #16 posted 06/06/10 3:23am

andyf

YESWECAN said:

andyf said:

Jeez. I'm not on about any particular President, past, present or future. I'm not getting personal. I'm on about the role. And that applies to the leaders of any country. In fact, it should apply to all of us. But how many walk by beggars? Using any (ANY) excuse not to give money.

Remember Prince in 'Beautiful Strange', well, believe me or not, some beggars may be other people in disguise...and no, I'm not getting mystical here...

--------
Reply #17 posted 06/06/10 3:26am

andyf

jjhunsecker said:

YESWECAN said:

I hope who posted the original statement was doing it to debate, because is is a good question. I hope he/she did not do to provoke an argument about the present incumbent. Still, it's up to the lot of you.

I thought he was on about the position, not the person, past, present or future. Still...

All leaders ever have been out-of-order, believe it or not. The greatest person of the last century for me was Luther King.

--------
Reply #18 posted 06/06/10 5:42pm

NobodyUknow

DarlingDiana said:

Faithfully execute federal law, command the U.S. armed forced, nominate executive and judicial officers, and grant pardons and reprieves. See: Article II of the United States Constitution.

Co-sign^cool

Reply #19 posted 06/07/10 7:17am

YESWECAN

andyf said:

YESWECAN said:

I'm not on about the present, past or future President (although you make a good point--I don't the know the issue you are on about however, and don't really wish to know 'cos both sides will argue).

I'm on about the position. And to me: 'My priority is to look after the poor in this country first, and to uphold the constitution second' sounds far better than 'My priority is to uphold the constitution firs and look after the poor second.'

In other words (I'm agnostic, but) should man come before the law, or should the law come before man?

Even Obama has said, "we're a country of laws". Society needs laws and we have to system to change them if we find the unjust. We have court systems to protect the poor. I say the law is there protect everyman and comes first.

I understand it's not perfect, but to not enforce it or change it is neglectful and criminal.

Reply #20 posted 06/07/10 7:19am

YESWECAN

jjhunsecker said:

YESWECAN said:

The same crappy politicians and government agencies screwed up both situations. This oil leak will affect more people and kill more wildlife than 3 katrinas.

Reply #21 posted 06/07/10 12:32pm

SUPRMAN

YESWECAN said:

jjhunsecker said:

The same crappy politicians and government agencies screwed up both situations. This oil leak will affect more people and kill more wildlife than 3 katrinas.

How much wildlife died during and from the effects of Katrina?

We don't know.

The oil leak effecting more people? How are you counting the effects?

I don't want you to think like me. I just want you to think.
Reply #22 posted 06/07/10 3:55pm

YESWECAN

SUPRMAN said:

YESWECAN said:

We don't know.

The wildlife that died during Hurricane Katrina isn't comparable to offshore drilling.

The oil leak affecting more people is based on the damage to nature all along the eastern seaboard of the US. Our seafood supply and tourism.

Valid differences?

Reply #23 posted 06/08/10 1:30pm

SUPRMAN

YESWECAN said:

SUPRMAN said:

We don't know.

The wildlife that died during Hurricane Katrina isn't comparable to offshore drilling.

The oil leak affecting more people is based on the damage to nature all along the eastern seaboard of the US. Our seafood supply and tourism.

Valid differences?

What damage to the eastern seaboard?

Has the spill entered the Atlantic Ocean?

The damage along the shoreline in the Gulf of Mexico is longer lasting, but not as costly (yet).

I don't want you to think like me. I just want you to think.
Reply #24 posted 06/08/10 1:38pm

levis1

SUPRMAN said:

YESWECAN said:

Valid differences?

The damage along the shoreline in the Gulf of Mexico is longer lasting, but not as costly (yet).

To look cool... and not too cock anything up too badly... Give the bloke a chance his an Angel compared toBush from what we have seen

Reply #25 posted 06/08/10 2:57pm

levis1

SUPRMAN said:

YESWECAN said:

Valid differences?

I dont see what Obama can do about BP it is not his fault... He was not in charge when they started drilling... Its the poor evan outragous egineering thats caused it no saftey in mind incase this happened... I really don't see what he can do now... I feel for him that aint his blunder

Reply #26 posted 06/08/10 3:14pm

YESWECAN

levis1 said:

SUPRMAN said:

I dont see what Obama can do about BP it is not his fault... He was not in charge when they started drilling... Its the poor evan outragous egineering thats caused it no saftey in mind incase this happened... I really don't see what he can do now... I feel for him that aint his blunder

The critism of Obama and his administration is the response to the problem. It's been real easy to blame others and criticize their performance, until your the boss.

Reply #27 posted 06/09/10 12:33am

IshmaelB

The President of the United State's job is to be a Salesman of the System.

Their job is to indoctrinate the American people into the ruling-class ideology -- to praise and apologize for the free-enterprise system (the belief that "you can be a corporate-class billionaire too if you just try") and denounce actual collectivist alternatives.

The President's job is also to keep the American taxpaying majority in fear of wild-eyed foreign enemies that are not far off and ready to pounce on good, honest freedom-loving Americans, etc. thwarted only by an ever increasing gargantuan military budget.

Presidents usually downplay crises relating to the economy and emphasize ones needed to justify arms spending, overseas military interventions, and free-market "reforms."

Whether Dem or Rep, liberal or conservative, the President tends to treat corporate-capitalist interest as synonymous with the nation's well-being as a whole. They greet accumulation of wealth by a relative few super-wealthy individuals as a manifestation of a "healthy" national economy, regardless of how that wealth is applied or distributed.

It's also apparent that the job of President of the U.S. now for the past few decades is to be a loyal and obedient servant to the interests of Israel (i.e. a foreign country), unfortunately.

Reply #28 posted 06/09/10 2:37pm

kanamit

IshmaelB said:

The President of the United State's job is to be a Salesman of the System.

Their job is to indoctrinate the American people into the ruling-class ideology -- to praise and apologize for the free-enterprise system (the belief that "you can be a corporate-class billionaire too if you just try") and denounce actual collectivist alternatives.

The President's job is also to keep the American taxpaying majority in fear of wild-eyed foreign enemies that are not far off and ready to pounce on good, honest freedom-loving Americans, etc. thwarted only by an ever increasing gargantuan military budget.

Presidents usually downplay crises relating to the economy and emphasize ones needed to justify arms spending, overseas military interventions, and free-market "reforms."

Whether Dem or Rep, liberal or conservative, the President tends to treat corporate-capitalist interest as synonymous with the nation's well-being as a whole. They greet accumulation of wealth by a relative few super-wealthy individuals as a manifestation of a "healthy" national economy, regardless of how that wealth is applied or distributed.

It's also apparent that the job of President of the U.S. now for the past few decades is to be a loyal and obedient servant to the interests of Israel (i.e. a foreign country), unfortunately.

Spot on!!!!

Reply #29 posted 06/10/10 6:00pm

SquirrelMeat

Feed the European stereotypical view that Americans are fuckwits... wink

Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > What is the job of the President of the United States?