independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 13th Dec 2019 2:40pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Christmas
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/10/19 3:30pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

Christmas

Too early? It's 45 days til Christmas as I write this but time is moving so fast. And, given that I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth around the 1st of January, time is something I am running out of. I don't fancy going out at the last minute, 9 months pregnant, and trying to track down whatever I was too lazy to get when I wasn't quite so pregnant. So, for early shoppers like myself, I thought I'd start this thread now as a kind of platform where we can give each other ideas for all kinds of stuff. Gift ideas, food recommendations, recipes, charities to support, whatever comes to mind.

And to get the ball rolling, I'll start. My husband is a great guy. Caring, loving and very protective of myself and my daughter. However, he's the hardest person in the world to buy gifts for. He's got no hobbies, doesn't listen to music or watch movies, not really that into sports and doesn't like going on holidays or anything that disrupts his routine. So, if anyone here has any ideas of what to get someone like that, I'm all ears. Please help me!
[Edited 11/11/19 23:24pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/10/19 8:00pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Make some home made baked goods like cookies or home made chocolate candies. Get some tins from the dollar store to put them in. Put some wax paper inside the tins.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/11/19 1:27am

EmmaMcG

avatar

luv4u said:

Make some home made baked goods like cookies or home made chocolate candies. Get some tins from the dollar store to put them in. Put some wax paper inside the tins.



That's a great idea. I never even thought about doing something like that. My only concern is that once I smell those freshly baked cookies there's a very good chance that I'll eat them all myself lol. I wish I was joking...

But yeah, great idea. I'll try to exercise some self control and do that. Thanks X
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/11/19 7:56am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Emma, aww.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/11/19 9:29am

LadyLayla

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Too early? It's 45 days til Christmas as I write this but time is moving so fast. And, given that I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth around the 1st of January, time is something I am running out of. I don't fancy going out at the last minute, 9 months pregnant, and trying to track down whatever I was too lazy to get when I wasn't quite so pregnant. So, for early shoppers like myself, I thought I'd start this thread now as a kind of platform where we can give each other ideas for all kinds of stuff. Gift ideas, food recommendations, recipes, charities to support, whatever comes to mind. And to get the ball rolling, I'll start. My husband is a great guy. Caring, loving and very protective of myself and my daughter. However, he's the hardest person in the world to buy gifts for. He's got no hobbies, doesn't listen to music or watch movies, not really that into sports and doesn't like going on holidays or anything that disrupts his routine. So, if anyone here has any ideas of what to get someone like that, I'm all ears. Please help me!

He sounds like a keeper! Yes the reason he is difficult to buy anything for is probably that he has everything he wants! He has you, a daughter and another child on the way. Therefore, first of all shower him with praise and make it specific.

If he has any guy friends, start asking them what he talks about as far as anything he might have mentioned as a gift, desire...whatever.

Style is the second cousin to class
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/11/19 11:24pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

LadyLayla said:



EmmaMcG said:


Too early? It's 45 days til Christmas as I write this but time is moving so fast. And, given that I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth around the 1st of January, time is something I am running out of. I don't fancy going out at the last minute, 9 months pregnant, and trying to track down whatever I was too lazy to get when I wasn't quite so pregnant. So, for early shoppers like myself, I thought I'd start this thread now as a kind of platform where we can give each other ideas for all kinds of stuff. Gift ideas, food recommendations, recipes, charities to support, whatever comes to mind. And to get the ball rolling, I'll start. My husband is a great guy. Caring, loving and very protective of myself and my daughter. However, he's the hardest person in the world to buy gifts for. He's got no hobbies, doesn't listen to music or watch movies, not really that into sports and doesn't like going on holidays or anything that disrupts his routine. So, if anyone here has any ideas of what to get someone like that, I'm all ears. Please help me!


He sounds like a keeper! Yes the reason he is difficult to buy anything for is probably that he has everything he wants! He has you, a daughter and another child on the way. Therefore, first of all shower him with praise and make it specific.




If he has any guy friends, start asking them what he talks about as far as anything he might have mentioned as a gift, desire...whatever.



That's a lovely thing to say.

I'm going to try Luv4u's idea. If there's one thing I know he likes it's food. Mind you, I'm not that good of a cook but we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll get my daughter to help out.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/14/19 4:34pm

onlyforaminute

It starts with 5he music.


Technically it's about the Thanksgiving prep right now but since that's not a thing for you...isn't this your 1st Christmas married? Custom made ornament? Name a star? Build a gingerbread house?
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/15/19 12:39am

EmmaMcG

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

It starts with 5he music.


Technically it's about the Thanksgiving prep right now but since that's not a thing for you...isn't this your 1st Christmas married? Custom made ornament? Name a star? Build a gingerbread house?


Yeah, first Christmas married. I didn't even think about that until you said it. He better get me something good! razz
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/15/19 12:24pm

onlyforaminute

EmmaMcG said:

onlyforaminute said:

It starts with 5he music.

Technically it's about the Thanksgiving prep right now but since that's not a thing for you...isn't this your 1st Christmas married? Custom made ornament? Name a star? Build a gingerbread house?


Yeah, first Christmas married. I didn't even think about that until you said it. He better get me something good! razz



I'm sure he will.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/16/19 6:23am

poppys

Hah. You're "baking" his present right now Emma. Maybe give him something anticipatory. Like a clever 'new dad' item, tee shirt or cufflinks or a baby book for dads? The first mug was on amazon and zazzle has some neckties that aren't too hideous, but it looks like either boy or girl. Maybe get both and return, lol. I saw socks and hipster water bottles - oh god I have to stop now.

https://www.zazzle.com/new_baby_neck_tie-151903179814045117?rf=238772772155923633&tc=ac7482e4677e19fa3b6fdf34604d75f9&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=us_shopping&utm_term=PRODUCT_GROUP&ca_chid=2001810&ca_ace={aceid}&ca_nw=o&ca_dev=c&ca_pl=&ca_pos=&ca_cid=&ca_agid=1197368586100295&ca_caid=352493927&ca_adid=&ca_kwt=&ca_mt=e&ca_fid=&ca_tid=pla-4578435161790948&ca_lp=&ca_li=&ca_devm=&ca_plt=&msclkid=ac7482e4677e19fa3b6fdf34604d75f9


51vHdKjpQBL._AC_SX425_.jpg



il_fullxfull.1248070279_45q2.jpgI_am_the_daddy_mug_grande.jpg?1433002327

[Edited 11/16/19 7:14am]

politics: the art or science of government.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/16/19 7:46am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Too early? It's 45 days til Christmas as I write this but time is moving so fast. And, given that I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth around the 1st of January, time is something I am running out of. I don't fancy going out at the last minute, 9 months pregnant, and trying to track down whatever I was too lazy to get when I wasn't quite so pregnant. So, for early shoppers like myself, I thought I'd start this thread now as a kind of platform where we can give each other ideas for all kinds of stuff. Gift ideas, food recommendations, recipes, charities to support, whatever comes to mind. And to get the ball rolling, I'll start. My husband is a great guy. Caring, loving and very protective of myself and my daughter. However, he's the hardest person in the world to buy gifts for. He's got no hobbies, doesn't listen to music or watch movies, not really that into sports and doesn't like going on holidays or anything that disrupts his routine. So, if anyone here has any ideas of what to get someone like that, I'm all ears. Please help me! [Edited 11/11/19 23:24pm]

What his routine? Maybe clothes

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/16/19 3:17pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

poppys said:

Hah. You're "baking" his present right now Emma. Maybe give him something anticipatory. Like a clever 'new dad' item, tee shirt or cufflinks or a baby book for dads? The first mug was on amazon and zazzle has some neckties that aren't too hideous, but it looks like either boy or girl. Maybe get both and return, lol. I saw socks and hipster water bottles - oh god I have to stop now.

https://www.zazzle.com/new_baby_neck_tie-151903179814045117?rf=238772772155923633&tc=ac7482e4677e19fa3b6fdf34604d75f9&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=us_shopping&utm_term=PRODUCT_GROUP&ca_chid=2001810&ca_ace={aceid}&ca_nw=o&ca_dev=c&ca_pl=&ca_pos=&ca_cid=&ca_agid=1197368586100295&ca_caid=352493927&ca_adid=&ca_kwt=&ca_mt=e&ca_fid=&ca_tid=pla-4578435161790948&ca_lp=&ca_li=&ca_devm=&ca_plt=&msclkid=ac7482e4677e19fa3b6fdf34604d75f9


51vHdKjpQBL._AC_SX425_.jpg





il_fullxfull.1248070279_45q2.jpgI_am_the_daddy_mug_grande.jpg?1433002327

[Edited 11/16/19 7:14am]



Nice. Those are amazing ideas. I'll definitely get him one of those mugs.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/16/19 3:21pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


Too early? It's 45 days til Christmas as I write this but time is moving so fast. And, given that I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth around the 1st of January, time is something I am running out of. I don't fancy going out at the last minute, 9 months pregnant, and trying to track down whatever I was too lazy to get when I wasn't quite so pregnant. So, for early shoppers like myself, I thought I'd start this thread now as a kind of platform where we can give each other ideas for all kinds of stuff. Gift ideas, food recommendations, recipes, charities to support, whatever comes to mind. And to get the ball rolling, I'll start. My husband is a great guy. Caring, loving and very protective of myself and my daughter. However, he's the hardest person in the world to buy gifts for. He's got no hobbies, doesn't listen to music or watch movies, not really that into sports and doesn't like going on holidays or anything that disrupts his routine. So, if anyone here has any ideas of what to get someone like that, I'm all ears. Please help me! [Edited 11/11/19 23:24pm]

What his routine? Maybe clothes



I've seen the price tags on some of his clothes. I can't compete with that 😂.

I'm trying to be frugal this year. I've got so many people to buy for so I'm trying to limit my spending.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/16/19 9:39pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


Too early? It's 45 days til Christmas as I write this but time is moving so fast. And, given that I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth around the 1st of January, time is something I am running out of. I don't fancy going out at the last minute, 9 months pregnant, and trying to track down whatever I was too lazy to get when I wasn't quite so pregnant. So, for early shoppers like myself, I thought I'd start this thread now as a kind of platform where we can give each other ideas for all kinds of stuff. Gift ideas, food recommendations, recipes, charities to support, whatever comes to mind. And to get the ball rolling, I'll start. My husband is a great guy. Caring, loving and very protective of myself and my daughter. However, he's the hardest person in the world to buy gifts for. He's got no hobbies, doesn't listen to music or watch movies, not really that into sports and doesn't like going on holidays or anything that disrupts his routine. So, if anyone here has any ideas of what to get someone like that, I'm all ears. Please help me! [Edited 11/11/19 23:24pm]

What his routine? Maybe clothes



I've seen the price tags on some of his clothes. I can't compete with that 😂.

I'm trying to be frugal this year. I've got so many people to buy for so I'm trying to limit my spending.

Maybe take him out to dinner or make his favorite meal. I know I like that
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/17/19 9:28am

poppys

I know he's already a Dad, but this seems to be geared to babies, and not super serious. A few I saw were religious-y.

th?id=OIP._72T1vIoeQMdNefXh_z-oQHaLX&w=174&h=268&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

pewterdadcufflinks050613__54358.1450286642.jpg?c=2

babyshowerhost.co.uk

original_daddycuffs.jpg
these are UK based as well

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/poshtottydesignscreates/product/dad-cufflinks

[Edited 11/17/19 10:10am]

politics: the art or science of government.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/17/19 12:06pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

poppys said:

I know he's already a Dad, but this seems to be geared to babies, and not super serious. A few I saw were religious-y.


th?id=OIP._72T1vIoeQMdNefXh_z-oQHaLX&w=174&h=268&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7


pewterdadcufflinks050613__54358.1450286642.jpg?c=2


babyshowerhost.co.uk

original_daddycuffs.jpg
these are UK based as well

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/poshtottydesignscreates/product/dad-cufflinks

[Edited 11/17/19 10:10am]



I actually got him "Dad" cufflinks the day I found out I was pregnant. He hasn't worn them yet 😭
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/17/19 12:57pm

poppys

EmmaMcG said:


I actually got him "Dad" cufflinks the day I found out I was pregnant. He hasn't worn them yet 😭

Hmmm, sartorially picky huh? Here a lot of guys dress like slobs so there's that. Nix the apparel gifts and spend the $$ on baby clothes!

politics: the art or science of government.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/17/19 2:16pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

poppys said:



EmmaMcG said:



I actually got him "Dad" cufflinks the day I found out I was pregnant. He hasn't worn them yet 😭


Hmmm, sartorially picky huh? Here a lot of guys dress like slobs so there's that. Nix the apparel gifts and spend the $$ on baby clothes!



Oh he's sartorially picky alright! His idea of "leisure wear" is a suit without a tie 😂.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/19/19 2:36pm

sexton

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Too early? It's 45 days til Christmas as I write this but time is moving so fast. And, given that I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth around the 1st of January, time is something I am running out of. I don't fancy going out at the last minute, 9 months pregnant, and trying to track down whatever I was too lazy to get when I wasn't quite so pregnant. So, for early shoppers like myself, I thought I'd start this thread now as a kind of platform where we can give each other ideas for all kinds of stuff. Gift ideas, food recommendations, recipes, charities to support, whatever comes to mind.

And to get the ball rolling, I'll start. My husband is a great guy. Caring, loving and very protective of myself and my daughter. However, he's the hardest person in the world to buy gifts for. He's got no hobbies, doesn't listen to music or watch movies, not really that into sports and doesn't like going on holidays or anything that disrupts his routine. So, if anyone here has any ideas of what to get someone like that, I'm all ears. Please help me! [Edited 11/11/19 23:24pm]


I don't have any gift advice, but your question asking if it's too early to get started with Christmas because you're pregnant reminded me of this story:

Homeowners' Association told Texas family it was too early to decorate yard for Christmas

https://www.usatoday.com/...202972002/

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/26/19 12:32pm

onlyforaminute

I guess im going to start with a movie line up of traditional Christmas movies i haven't watched in a few years
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/26/19 2:57pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

I guess im going to start with a movie line up of traditional Christmas movies i haven't watched in a few years


For the past few years my cousin and I have been doing a 12 Movies of Christmas thing where we watch a different movie every second day in December leading up to Christmas Day. So we'll do something similar this year too and my husband will have no choice other than to watch them with us.

Our 12 Movies this year are, in no particular order;

Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Lethal Weapon
Trading Places
Jingle All The Way
The Christmas Chronicles
The Santa Clause
Die Hard
A Christmas Carol (the Jim Carrey one)
The Polar Express
Scrooged
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/26/19 3:59pm

poppys

Thank you for Emma's Xmas List Movie Favs! As someone who is not much into the hype of happy - I am grateful for the suggestions because I do watch the movies, mostly on TV, but I get sucked in.

You are an asset to the org, with all your intelligence, insight and wit. Excellent Everything! to you and yours. heart

politics: the art or science of government.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/26/19 4:45pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

poppys said:

Thank you for Emma's Xmas List Movie Favs! As someone who is not much into the hype of happy - I am grateful for the suggestions because I do watch the movies, mostly on TV, but I get sucked in.

You are an asset to the org, with all your intelligence, insight and wit. Excellent Everything! to you and yours. heart



Right back at you Poppys. You're one of my favourites on the org. You're a big part of the reason I'm here, in fact.


What's your favourite movies to watch at Christmas?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/26/19 5:04pm

onlyforaminute

EmmaMcG said:

poppys said:

Thank you for Emma's Xmas List Movie Favs! As someone who is not much into the hype of happy - I am grateful for the suggestions because I do watch the movies, mostly on TV, but I get sucked in.

You are an asset to the org, with all your intelligence, insight and wit. Excellent Everything! to you and yours. heart



Right back at you Poppys. You're one of my favourites on the org. You're a big part of the reason I'm here, in fact.


What's your favourite movies to watch at Christmas?



.
[Edited 11/26/19 17:37pm]
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/26/19 5:37pm

onlyforaminute

EmmaMcG said:

onlyforaminute said:

I guess im going to start with a movie line up of traditional Christmas movies i haven't watched in a few years


For the past few years my cousin and I have been doing a 12 Movies of Christmas thing where we watch a different movie every second day in December leading up to Christmas Day. So we'll do something similar this year too and my husband will have no choice other than to watch them with us.

Our 12 Movies this year are, in no particular order;

Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Lethal Weapon
Trading Places
Jingle All The Way
The Christmas Chronicles
The Santa Clause
Die Hard
A Christmas Carol (the Jim Carrey one)
The Polar Express
Scrooged
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation



Meant to grab this one...


Some of those

Home Alone
Die Hard


Adding

It's a wonderful life
Elf

Hadn't thought about Trading Places and Lethal Weapon I think I might have to add those.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/26/19 6:36pm

S2DG

avatar

Sounds like you're giving him the best present ever with a new baby! lol

Looks like you have enough sugestions for "things".

Just had to add my twocents on the Christmas movie list, I try to run through most of this list from Thanksgiving until Christmas.

Holiday Inn (1942)

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

The Bishops Wife (1947)

A Christmas Carol (1951)

A Christmas Story (1983)

Trading Places (1983)

Planes Trains and Automobiles (1987)

Lethal Weapon (1987)

Scrooged (1988)

Die Hard (1988)

Christmas Vacation (1989)

Elf (2003)

Bad Santa (2003)

Krampus (2015)

Office Christmas Party (2016)

Animation

A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

Year Without a Santa (1974)

Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)






[Edited 11/26/19 18:36pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/27/19 1:34am

EmmaMcG

avatar

S2DG said:

Sounds like you're giving him the best present ever with a new baby! lol

Looks like you have enough sugestions for "things".

Just had to add my twocents on the Christmas movie list, I try to run through most of this list from Thanksgiving until Christmas.

Holiday Inn (1942)

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

The Bishops Wife (1947)

A Christmas Carol (1951)

A Christmas Story (1983)

Trading Places (1983)

Planes Trains and Automobiles (1987)

Lethal Weapon (1987)

Scrooged (1988)

Die Hard (1988)

Christmas Vacation (1989)

Elf (2003)

Bad Santa (2003)

Krampus (2015)

Office Christmas Party (2016)

Animation

A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

Year Without a Santa (1974)

Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)






[Edited 11/26/19 18:36pm]




We don't have Thanksgiving here but I'd say Planes Trains and Automobiles would be a perfect movie to watch on Thanksgiving. The ending gets me every time. God I miss John Candy.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/27/19 5:20am

poppys

EmmaMcG said:

S2DG said:

Sounds like you're giving him the best present ever with a new baby! lol

Looks like you have enough sugestions for "things".

Just had to add my twocents on the Christmas movie list, I try to run through most of this list from Thanksgiving until Christmas.

Holiday Inn (1942)

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

The Bishops Wife (1947)

A Christmas Carol (1951)

A Christmas Story (1983)

Trading Places (1983)

Planes Trains and Automobiles (1987)

Lethal Weapon (1987)

Scrooged (1988)

Die Hard (1988)

Christmas Vacation (1989)

Elf (2003)

Bad Santa (2003)

Krampus (2015)

Office Christmas Party (2016)

Animation

A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

Year Without a Santa (1974)

Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)



We don't have Thanksgiving here but I'd say Planes Trains and Automobiles would be a perfect movie to watch on Thanksgiving. The ending gets me every time. God I miss John Candy.

I was an extra in PTA ages ago when I lived in NYC. Rode up and down the escalator for hours. John Candy was the best! They did the scene where he gets stuck in the revolving door so many times. He just kept going around and around.

[Edited 11/27/19 5:23am]

politics: the art or science of government.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/27/19 6:53am

EmmaMcG

avatar

poppys said:



EmmaMcG said:


S2DG said:

Sounds like you're giving him the best present ever with a new baby! lol

Looks like you have enough sugestions for "things".

Just had to add my twocents on the Christmas movie list, I try to run through most of this list from Thanksgiving until Christmas.

Holiday Inn (1942)

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

The Bishops Wife (1947)

A Christmas Carol (1951)

A Christmas Story (1983)

Trading Places (1983)

Planes Trains and Automobiles (1987)

Lethal Weapon (1987)

Scrooged (1988)

Die Hard (1988)

Christmas Vacation (1989)

Elf (2003)

Bad Santa (2003)

Krampus (2015)

Office Christmas Party (2016)

Animation

A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

Year Without a Santa (1974)

Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)






We don't have Thanksgiving here but I'd say Planes Trains and Automobiles would be a perfect movie to watch on Thanksgiving. The ending gets me every time. God I miss John Candy.


I was an extra in PTA ages ago when I lived in NYC. Rode up and down the escalator for hours. John Candy was the best! They did the scene where he gets stuck in the revolving door so many times. He just kept going around and around.

[Edited 11/27/19 5:23am]



That's cool. I've never seen anyone talk bad about John Candy. He seems to be one of those guys who was universally loved by everyone who worked with him.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/27/19 9:14am

sexton

avatar

Except for The Nightmare Before Christmas, I don't care for any of the Christmas movies mentioned.

This is my alternative list of holiday films I do like:

Batman Returns (1992)

Un conte de Noël / A Christmas Tale (2008)

Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

In Bruges (2008)

Nadja (1994)

Tangerine (2015)

Post-Christmas:

Fanny and Alexander (five-hour version watched over multiple nights) (1983)

Morvern Callar (2002)

New Year's Eve:

The Apartment (1960)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Christmas