independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 24th Jan 2020 3:14am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > He's back.... Flat-Earther Mike Hughes Prepares to Launch Himself 5,000 Feet Into the Air in Another Homemade Rocket
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/14/19 1:52pm

onlyforaminute

KingBAD said:



onlyforaminute said:


Im worried for the man, he definitely isn't a triple checker. Hopefully his landing equipment is functional.

onlyforaminnit


I see what yo did there. Just long enough for butt to meet ground then it can fail all it wants to.

I guess it was a no go again???
Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/14/19 7:28pm

KingBAD

onlyforaminute said:

KingBAD said:

onlyforaminnit

I see what yo did there. Just long enough for butt to meet ground then it can fail all it wants to. I guess it was a no go again???

lol lol lol lol lol

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/16/19 12:02pm

Steadwood

avatar

The earth may not be flat now, but it will be when he lands


smile
guitar I have a firm grip on reality...Maybe just not this reality biggrin troll guitar


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/16/19 3:17pm

XxAxX

avatar

Steadwood said:

The earth may not be flat now, but it will be when he lands smile

lol laughing while still wishing dude a safe landing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/16/19 3:26pm

Steadwood

avatar

XxAxX said:



Steadwood said:


The earth may not be flat now, but it will be when he lands smile

lol laughing while still wishing dude a safe landing.



I’m wishing the earth a safe landing lol

smile
guitar I have a firm grip on reality...Maybe just not this reality biggrin troll guitar


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/16/19 4:03pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Steadwood said:

The earth may not be flat now, but it will be when he lands smile

You beat me to it... razz

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/16/19 11:53pm

XxAxX

avatar

biggrin [Earth] Breaking News

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/flat-earther-mad-mike-hughes-prepares-to-launch-himself-to-space-heres-how-far-hes-likely-to-get/

The self-declared daredevil and Flat Earther “Mad” Mike Hughes is preparing for another launch in his homemade, steam-powered rocket in the Californian desert. His final goal is to reach the edge of space, but how likely is he to succeed and see that the Earth is actually spherical?

Hughes’ first rocket launch was in 2014, and since then he has taken off several times in his homemade machines – reaching an altitude of 572 metres at most. His adventures have led to a number of injuries, yet he is still determined to keep going. His latest attempt was scheduled for August 11, but was once again aborted after a fault with the rocket was discovered. He will retry on August 17.

Flat-Earther ‘Mad’ Mike Hughes prepares to launch himself to space – here’s how far he’s likely to get

The self-declared daredevil and Flat Earther “Mad” Mike Hughes is preparing for another launch in his homemade, steam-powered rocket in the Californian desert. His final goal is to reach the edge of space, but how likely is he to succeed and see that the Earth is actually spherical?

Hughes’ first rocket launch was in 2014, and since then he has taken off several times in his homemade machines – reaching an altitude of 572 metres at most. His adventures have led to a number of injuries, yet he is still determined to keep going. His latest attempt was scheduled for August 11, but was once again aborted after a fault with the rocket was discovered. He will retry on August 17. [continued at link]


everyone say a prayer for Mr. Hughes pray

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/17/19 9:00am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

500 Feet? That is not near high enough to see whatever he thinks it would prove or disprove. Is he simply testing out his rocket? Or maybe some kind of scam?

If the earth is flat then what does its map look like and how could we have night and day and seasons as we have them?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/17/19 9:05am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

This sounds like a hoax, like that Balloon Boy back in 2009/2010. Will he even be in the rocket? And again as many have said: 500 feet is about 30,000 feet shy of any meaningful altitude to make any such observation.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/18/19 6:03am

onlyforaminute

Meters not feet.
Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 08/19/19 7:11am

XxAxX

avatar

i am finding nothing that says the launch went as planned, however did find these words of inspiration from mr. hughes (may the forces of good watch over him):

https://www.rt.com/news/466732-flat-earth-rocket-launch-california/

“I never give up! The rocket will greet the heavens! At 63, I’m still a red-blooded, mission-hungry Daredevil and my goal is to inspire the boy or girl who becomes the man or woman that changes the world,”

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 08/19/19 11:13am

onlyforaminute

I dun't know about inspiring boys and girls when you're trying to convince them the whole world is in a conspiracy for centuries now, but uh ok. I just wanna see how deft of an engineer he really is.
Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 08/19/19 12:07pm

XxAxX

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

I dun't know about inspiring boys and girls when you're trying to convince them the whole world is in a conspiracy for centuries now, but uh ok. I just wanna see how deft of an engineer he really is.




not to mention, his actions call into question the wisdom and universal applicability of that old adage:

"if at first you don't succeed, try, try again"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 08/19/19 1:05pm

onlyforaminute

XxAxX said:



onlyforaminute said:


I dun't know about inspiring boys and girls when you're trying to convince them the whole world is in a conspiracy for centuries now, but uh ok. I just wanna see how deft of an engineer he really is.




not to mention, his actions call into question the wisdom and universal applicability of that old adage:


"if at first you don't succeed, try, try again"




I figure if he truly knows his stuff(science) he shouldn't have too much of an issue. Gravity isn't much of a forgiver of hard headedness. That other adage - hard head makes soft behind.
Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 08/19/19 3:58pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Meters not feet.

that really dosen't help! I the tower in NYC is taller than that! And he will still be about 30K too low.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 08/19/19 4:14pm

onlyforaminute

OnlyNDaUsa said:



onlyforaminute said:


Meters not feet.



that really dosen't help! I the tower in NYC is taller than that! And he will still be about 30K too low.


I just noticed the title to the thread said ft but that was 5thousand ft, the article said 500+ meters, so both y'all confuzzled me.

I understand the early greeks figured it out at ground level looking at ships on the ocean, safely, so while I don't doubt the height necessary, if his brand of science tells him he can do all that with a water heater more power to him. All he needs is a reliable parachute he'll be fine.
Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.

-Ralph Ellison
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 08/19/19 4:22pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

that really dosen't help! I the tower in NYC is taller than that! And he will still be about 30K too low.

I just noticed the title to the thread said ft but that was 5thousand ft, the article said 500+ meters, so both y'all confuzzled me. I understand the early greeks figured it out at ground level looking at ships on the ocean, safely, so while I don't doubt the height necessary, if his brand of science tells him he can do all that with a water heater more power to him. All he needs is a reliable parachute he'll be fine.


I am shocked and some of the things I read and watched the last few days on this... All photos of the earth from space are fake? gravity is not real? antiartica forms an ice wall and there might be more people beyond the wall.


I am not sure what the hight needed is either but I have been 30K in a plane as I flew over othe ocean and I could not see a curve...

[Edited 8/19/19 16:24pm]

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 08/20/19 10:50am

XxAxX

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

onlyforaminute said:

OnlyNDaUsa said: I just noticed the title to the thread said ft but that was 5thousand ft, the article said 500+ meters, so both y'all confuzzled me. I understand the early greeks figured it out at ground level looking at ships on the ocean, safely, so while I don't doubt the height necessary, if his brand of science tells him he can do all that with a water heater more power to him. All he needs is a reliable parachute he'll be fine.


I am shocked and some of the things I read and watched the last few days on this... All photos of the earth from space are fake? gravity is not real? antiartica forms an ice wall and there might be more people beyond the wall.


I am not sure what the hight needed is either but I have been 30K in a plane as I flew over othe ocean and I could not see a curve...

[Edited 8/19/19 16:24pm]



i don't think you will find any defenders of the Flat Earth Theory on this thread. maybe you should try emailing Mike Hughes for his answers???

[Edited 8/20/19 14:52pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 08/21/19 7:57am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Wikipedia says "

2019 Launch[edit]

Hughes planned to again launch himself in a rocket on August 10, 2019,[14] however, mechanical troubles postponed the launch. The following weekend, the launch was again postponed and Hughes was treated for heat exhaustion.".

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 08/21/19 10:23am

S2DG

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

onlyforaminute said:

OnlyNDaUsa said: I just noticed the title to the thread said ft but that was 5thousand ft, the article said 500+ meters, so both y'all confuzzled me. I understand the early greeks figured it out at ground level looking at ships on the ocean, safely, so while I don't doubt the height necessary, if his brand of science tells him he can do all that with a water heater more power to him. All he needs is a reliable parachute he'll be fine.


I am shocked and some of the things I read and watched the last few days on this... All photos of the earth from space are fake? gravity is not real? antiartica forms an ice wall and there might be more people beyond the wall.


I am not sure what the hight needed is either but I have been 30K in a plane as I flew over othe ocean and I could not see a curve...

[Edited 8/19/19 16:24pm]


You do understand how cell phones work though, right?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 08/21/19 10:27am

S2DG

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Wikipedia says "

2019 Launch[edit]

Hughes planned to again launch himself in a rocket on August 10, 2019,[14] however, mechanical troubles postponed the launch. The following weekend, the launch was again postponed and Hughes was treated for heat exhaustion.".


Daredevil + desert + dreams = Exhaustion


hmmm but how does he get health insurance?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 08/21/19 11:27am

RodeoSchro

avatar

S2DG said:

RodeoSchro said:

Wikipedia says "

2019 Launch[edit]

Hughes planned to again launch himself in a rocket on August 10, 2019,[14] however, mechanical troubles postponed the launch. The following weekend, the launch was again postponed and Hughes was treated for heat exhaustion.".


Daredevil + desert + dreams = Exhaustion


hmmm but how does he get health insurance?



Obamacare?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 08/21/19 4:19pm

S2DG

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

S2DG said:


Daredevil + desert + dreams = Exhaustion


hmmm but how does he get health insurance?



Obamacare?



I thought the orange ass clown gutted that?

Health insurance and smart ass comments aside, hope this guy doesn't hurt himself.

Felt the same about Evel Knievel, guy's doing a public service. If not him, who?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 08/21/19 5:18pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Wouldn't it be easier just to go up in a hot air balloon... razz lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 08/21/19 5:22pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

S2DG said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:


I am shocked and some of the things I read and watched the last few days on this... All photos of the earth from space are fake? gravity is not real? antiartica forms an ice wall and there might be more people beyond the wall.


I am not sure what the hight needed is either but I have been 30K in a plane as I flew over othe ocean and I could not see a curve...

[Edited 8/19/19 16:24pm]


You do understand how cell phones work though, right?

what? you mean the towers? i am not sure what you are suggesting... and are they even really cell phones any more? I got the idea the current phones and networks are not actually cellular. but same basic concept...line on sight (but penetrating).

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 08/22/19 8:01am

S2DG

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

S2DG said:


You do understand how cell phones work though, right?

what? you mean the towers? i am not sure what you are suggesting... and are they even really cell phones any more? I got the idea the current phones and networks are not actually cellular. but same basic concept...line on sight (but penetrating).


In remote areas where there are no towers, satellites that orbit the earth are used to make cellular phone calls.

Other satellites are also in orbit - the curved path of a celestial object or spacecraft around a star, planet, or moon, especially a periodic elliptical revolution - meaning they travel around the earth and supply us the use of technology like GPS, radio and television, weather, etc.



[Edited 8/22/19 8:04am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 08/22/19 8:06am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

S2DG said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

what? you mean the towers? i am not sure what you are suggesting... and are they even really cell phones any more? I got the idea the current phones and networks are not actually cellular. but same basic concept...line on sight (but penetrating).


In remote areas where there are no towers, satellites that orbit the earth are used to make cellular phone calls.

Other satellites are also in orbit - the curved path of a celestial object or spacecraft around a star, planet, or moon, especially a periodic elliptical revolution - meaning they travel around the earth and supply us the use of technology like GPS, radio and television, weather, etc.



[Edited 8/22/19 8:04am]

Don't you know that satellites are just a myth...like moon landings? lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 08/22/19 9:29am

S2DG

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

S2DG said:


In remote areas where there are no towers, satellites that orbit the earth are used to make cellular phone calls.

Other satellites are also in orbit - the curved path of a celestial object or spacecraft around a star, planet, or moon, especially a periodic elliptical revolution - meaning they travel around the earth and supply us the use of technology like GPS, radio and television, weather, etc.



[Edited 8/22/19 8:04am]

Don't you know that satellites are just a myth...like moon landings? lol


Hey, you're not helping! lol

Just trying to spread some knowledge here...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 08/22/19 1:20pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

S2DG said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




S2DG said:




You do understand how cell phones work though, right?





what? you mean the towers? i am not sure what you are suggesting... and are they even really cell phones any more? I got the idea the current phones and networks are not actually cellular. but same basic concept...line on sight (but penetrating).




In remote areas where there are no towers, satellites that orbit the earth are used to make cellular phone calls.

Other satellites are also in orbit - the curved path of a celestial object or spacecraft around a star, planet, or moon, especially a periodic elliptical revolution - meaning they travel around the earth and supply us the use of technology like GPS, radio and television, weather, etc.



[Edited 8/22/19 8:04am]




I am pretty sure all cell phones use the towers. No tower no service.
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 08/22/19 1:40pm

S2DG

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

S2DG said:


In remote areas where there are no towers, satellites that orbit the earth are used to make cellular phone calls.

Other satellites are also in orbit - the curved path of a celestial object or spacecraft around a star, planet, or moon, especially a periodic elliptical revolution - meaning they travel around the earth and supply us the use of technology like GPS, radio and television, weather, etc.



[Edited 8/22/19 8:04am]

I am pretty sure all cell phones use the towers. No tower no service.


What benefit would I gain from making up this whole satellite thing?

It's just a question of logic (then there's Google) but I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, believe what you're comfortable with.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > He's back.... Flat-Earther Mike Hughes Prepares to Launch Himself 5,000 Feet Into the Air in Another Homemade Rocket